Foreigner carrying non-firearm in USA

Theoretically would there be anything stopping a non US citizen from buying and carrying a cap and ball revolver while on holiday in America. I realise its autistic but is it legal in most states (specifically Nevada)? Can't find anything saying it isnt......

Attached: capnball.jpg (640x585, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nevadacarry.org/open-carry.html
quora.com/Do-you-require-a-license-to-carry-a-black-powder-revolver
knifeup.com/nevada-knife-laws/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't you carry in the USA if you get a permit (depends on state)

>Theoretically would there be anything stopping a non US citizen from buying and carrying a cap and ball revolver while on holiday in America. I realise its autistic but is it legal in most states (specifically Nevada)? Can't find anything saying it isnt......
A cap and ball revolver is considered a weapon so no. What a dumb ass question, the fuck were you thinking

Seems like the beginning of a beautiful business.

Attached: 636105874145177141-Westworld-Marsden-Wood.jpg (3200x1680, 839K)

legally it isnt a firearm and can be bought by anyone so thought open carry would at least be allowed

Dude
don't

butt rape is fun in bed, not in jail

So is a folding knife. Doesn't mean it's illegal. Black powder guns aren't legally firearms.

I don't know about "most states", or about NV in particular, but just wanted to take a moment to thank you for actually realizing different states have different laws, and for saying which one you're concerned about. I'm sure someone familiar with Nevada law will be along shortly to help you out.

FWIW, you can open or conceal carry that here in Indiana, no permit or anything.

>Black powder guns aren't legally firearms.
>legally it isnt a firearm
They are considered firearms, they just aren't regulated like firearms.

>be tourist in the US
>go to Texas
>get full cowboy garb and OC blackpowder revolvers
>buy a horse
>do a saddleback roadtrip through all states that have lenient laws on BP
>camp out under the stars
>shoot any troublemakers
>have a laugh with people you meet along the way

I think I just planned my next holiday.

They aren't legally firearms under federal law. Each state has its own definitions, which may or may not include antique and/or replica blackpowder guns.
Maybe your state prevents damn furrners from carrying "weapons", but not every state does. If you want your observation to be helpful, you should say what state it applies to.

nevadacarry.org/open-carry.html

Nevada doesnt require a permit to open carry and black powder firearms arent legally firearms.

quora.com/Do-you-require-a-license-to-carry-a-black-powder-revolver

It would seem that it could be a problem in states that require a permit to carry a "deadly weapon" however nevada isnt one of these states.....

not legally though. Even felons can own black powder guns.

>They are considered firearms
Not under GCA:
18 U.S. Code §921(a)(3)
>The term “firearm” means
> (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
> (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
> (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
> (D) any destructive device.
>Such term does not include an antique firearm.
(The definition of "antique firearm", §921(a)(16), does include modern replicas.)

Again, this depends on state laws.
Here in Indiana, the definition of "firearm" in the state law disarming (some) felons has no exceptions for antique or muzzleloading firearms.
OTOH, it only applies to an enumerated list of "serious violent felonies", not all felons. So if you're convicted of some unlisted felony, you can still own any gun (in the state's eyes; federal law still applies), but if you're convicted of one of the listed felonies, you can't own even a muzzleloader or a spud gun.

Depends on state law.

In nevada (OP's state), it is prohibited to carry "any other dangerous weapon" without a CCW

knifeup.com/nevada-knife-laws/

OP says it's Nevada, it's one of the "weapons" prohibited states (without license, at least)

No, they are considered "dangerous weapons"

However, if you are on a H1B or F1 visa, then staying in Nevada for more than 6 months at your apartment/uni should grant you eligibility for a Hunting License. Nevada also issues CCWs to non-residents.

Attached: 12705493_10208947962724399_1420768888000968921_n.jpg (400x550, 23K)

I mean, a resident hunting license. Cheaper than a non-resident one.

Set up booths just outside the international arrivals terminal at major western airports offering to rent loaded Yuropoor tourists cap and ball revolvers for their frolics in the former frontier?
Sign me up!

Attached: 0F2B8E80-6B27-4E79-AF42-F4746F536AD5.jpg (800x1195, 180K)

Load it with shot and you can yeehaw safely into the air without fear of hurting anyone!

>europoors with muzzleloaders in hotels
>dindu walks in for a robbery
>Gets blasted point blank with multiple muzzleloaders.
Just as the founding fathers intended

Attached: libertyisforever.jpg (474x659, 54K)

Quite aside from the difficulty of fitting any meaningful amount of shot into a revolver cylinder after the necessary wadding... why? Are you actually planning to pot birds and small game in between firing in the air to scare them off?
If not, just load blank charges -- black-powder and a wad to keep it in the cylinder.

point your pre 18th century "Non-Firearm" at a cop at see just how non firearm it is.

You're looking for trouble OP.

Attached: 11954668_450761631792238_8648063297157287153_n.jpg (354x487, 39K)

W-why in God’s name would he do that? And why don’t you have any relevant images from this board?

Attached: AB3D1F3C-51FD-4357-9490-E62A1590A746.jpg (630x419, 70K)

Snakemeat

>W-why in God’s name would he do that?
OP has already stated he is autistic. I bet he is German or Finnish.

>yfw retards fuck up black powders like open carriers got open carry fucked because HURR MUH LOOPHOLE NOT A FIREARM

Attached: 1520633379379.jpg (640x740, 42K)

Get a quackenbush outlaw .58 caliber air pistol, Google it. Single shit only but it packs 400 ft. Lbs.

>exercise right
>STOO IT YOURE GOING TO GET IT TAKEN AWAY REE
you act like you had that right to begin with. If using it gets it taken away, you had nothing all along.

Just because it's federally not considered a firearm, that doesn't mean that some states don't say a BP revolver is a "weapon".