Canada General

New here? Want a firearm license? Read this: pastebin.com/Ndb2jSAu

Previous thread:

Attached: 1494332849372.jpg (638x878, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalpost.com/news/canada/de-facto-amnesty-a-look-at-the-daunting-reality-of-canadas-migrant-crisis
wolverinesupplies.com/ProductDetail/KODWK180CONLINE_Kodiak-Defense-WK180-C-5-56--DEPOSIT-ONLY
m.youtube.com/channel/UCZxtfhw1QEfPewyY-y0A4HA
greatnorthgunco.ca/product/venezuelan-contract-fn49/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for SIGN THE PETITION AND GET YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN IT YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS.

Attached: 10841817_1582575028693068_2128908261725661004_o.jpg (963x816, 63K)

*nd for Anons breakdown of C71

Attached: c71analysis disclaimer.jpg (1852x2780, 1.16M)

Second for Maxime Bernier's gun policies. (No more restricted/prohibited guns by name/look only, no magazine limits)

3RD FOR WK-UTE

They have potential desu but the promo images make them look hideous as fuck

The Wk-UTE is the .308 they haven't shown it off yet.

I'd kill for an FNC1 look to it, I'd pay extra for a legit carry handle and wood furniture.

Oh, what's the UTE stand for?

Except your desires would be competing against all the poorfags who think a novel semi-auto .308 should cost sub-1k CAD.

Poorfags are holding back the market
>duhh why isn't everything cheap like muh chinese slave labor gunz
>duhh why isn't everything cheap like muh slavshit surplus
A good domestically made gun between $1000-$1800 would be pretty good imo. Not sure why so many dipshits cry about wanting a sub $1000-800 gun like Norinco then complain about the build quality

Utility they want to really stay away from the term "battle rifle" and not upset the rcmp

NIGGER ILL DROP 3K FOR A FNC1 LOOK ALIKE

Honestly If the WK-UTE ends up being 1.5~2k I'll be happy.

Same it's top tier aesthetics
sexy af

Will Wolverine import the APC308?

Attached: 20180326_194131.jpg (2560x1440, 947K)

Maybe. I heard B&T was super sketch with their warranty and maintenance service, not really sure if I'd want to dump the kind of money they want for one of their rifles only to be stuck in deep shit if something ever went wrong.

>mfw FNC aesthetics

Attached: 9A2E2DAA-A53D-45C7-BCCE-3FFF00C30B02-5743-00000C620E8AE373.jpg (820x1024, 112K)

I imagine Wolverine would take care of the warranty stuff. They've been good to me so far with CZ stuff. I haven't had issues with my APC223 yet.

That's good at least. Wolverine seems like a good dealer, I haven't dealt with them before though.

Hmm...sauce?

Wolverine honestly seem like one of the better retailers up here. Love em.

Captain, I'm detecting significant JUGGS in this sector.

Attached: 1524099977813.gif (400x321, 1012K)

FNCs are pretty meh feeling though.

Attached: 20180502_130839.jpg (1351x2462, 1.72M)

They performed really admirably in arctic testing.

>can't dig a hole
>can't focus a camera
senpai you need some god in your life desu

FNC1a1 bakka

the canadian Fal

p sure the FNC is different from the FN L1A1 (C1A1 in Canada)

Holy, I miss read that all string, my bad.
sorry m80

no worries matey

Attached: 1511000819561.jpg (2089x3715, 592K)

sorry breh, no clue, just saved it as reaction image

>FNCs are pretty meh feeling though.
this is why people should just say no to drugs
>especially during pregnancy

>sorry breh, no clue
Fug. Fucking google removing reverse search

In the hypothetical scenario that we one day have true freedom from the tyranny of the Firearms Act and its retarded arbitrary Prohibited category, what can we expect to see happen in the market? Would we start getting container ships full of Chinese clones of every imaginable slavshit weapon? I guess we'd also start getting more things from the USA too

Honestly I just want a G3 and an FAL. I already have everything else that I want.

I'm honestly one of those people who want every model, version, make, of absolutely everything, ever. More of a curse than anything...

Attached: 1502683266567.jpg (456x320, 15K)

Part of me does too user...

Evenin niggers
Just got my rpal yesterday
Are the norchinko 1911s in 9mm worth the less than 400 dollar price tag?

You get what you pay for user. Just remember that.

>9mm 1911

Attached: 148820054481.jpg (1813x2111, 865K)

Not him but I was under the impression the norinco handguns were pretty rock solid, their CZ and Sig clones being particularly coveted

He fell for the 45meme

No, I'm actually a basic as fuck bitch glockfag with my glock brand glock 9mm. I just can't fathom why someone would want JMBs pride and glory in anything but its God intended .45.

S A M E. I just want some real fucking nato battle rifles.

Its a cheap chink knockoff available in cheap 9mm i want as my first pistol why does it matter if its in 9mm?
I just want something cheap I can shoot cheap ammo with and use and abuse until it stops working

Do you own one

Just shell out another 250 for a jericho

Then go for it.

No, but when I first got into handguns everyone and their mother couldn't stop raving to me about the value of Norinco handguns. I personally just saved longer and got something else from a manufacturer I felt confident in.

That crap bluing. That trigger that looks like it was made by a 9 year old (which it probably was).

Attached: 141381-201291.jpg (354x354, 9K)

There's a reason I didn't pull the trigger so to speak. Lots of guys at my range love their chink handguns though

>Only expensive shit on the market
>"Clearly, people who can't afford this stuff are to blame"

Take a page out of the horse cop's playbook and call it a "Patrol Rifle"

Yeah man I want my new production totally-not-an-FN-SCAR for $600 or less or else I'm getting ripped off!
This is kind of the mindset of the average Canadian gun buyer

The average Canadian gun buyer is willing to pay reasonable prices. It's when we get gouged that people start bitching. Like with the whole M10X fiasco or with VZ-58 pricing never going back down.

I agree there are plenty of instances where people are reasonable and absolutely in the right to bitch, but dredging through comments on CGN and on social media, it's absolutely hilarious the levels of brazen entitlement some of the people have. I'm not kidding about the not-SCAR thing. Maybe I'm just jaded.

>CGN
>Social Media

Now there's your problem. The CGN is a goddamn meme within the gun community it's so bad.

something something Mojave something g something winter

>Social Media
Like that time trudope invited in every migrant who could walk?
nationalpost.com/news/canada/de-facto-amnesty-a-look-at-the-daunting-reality-of-canadas-migrant-crisis

Best looking unrestricted rifles in canuckistan?

So far literally the only one I've seen that I ever genuinely liked the appearance of was the SKS and M1A/M14, but maybe canucks know of others?

(I'd argue some of this is taste - I don't generally like AK style rifles for example, unless they get tacticool'd, so just post your favourites because they're all loved by someone)

Swiss Arms and FAMAE rifles are god tier aesthetics
Vz58s look awesome in wood and can be really sexy in modern furniture if done right
I'll probably be alone when I say the bullpups are also sexy

This the Famae is bae

swiss arms too but it's about to become prohib.

Liberal party of canada should become prohibited

It is unlawful to fix stupid.

>Best looking unrestricted rifles in canuckistan?

Prewar Winchester Model 70 with the stripper clip guide.

SAFN-49, they're amazing rifles and look great.

Also, it's the closest thing to a legal FAL that you can own...

Attached: SAFN49.jpg (1800x322, 53K)

How much do these things go for in leafland? I'm a burger and my lower end Century Arms import set me back $700.

I picked up a not-beat-to-shit Egyptian here about 5 years ago for $700. I can imagine they've only gone up from there. Tack on even more for a Luxembourg or Venezuelan model, or even more for an Argentine.

If I get my hands on one and get a FAL style set up for it...am I a bubba ?

Fucking hell.

I've thought about it, it'd be pretty much impossible with the way the receiver is setup. You'd basically have to build an entire chassis to put the 49 receiver into.

Yes. Yes you are. Also the FN49 and FAL are very different guns, you'd have to manufacture a whole new stock.

That's the plan. I'm a wood worker, besides shooting it's my biggest hobby. I wouldn't use the Fn49 stock. Just take the meaty bits out and see if I can make something to drop down into.

So question. If modern made FALs are machined to have much thicker internal walls as to not allow the proper parts to be just dropped in to convert it to be full-auto, why are these new FALs still prohib ?

I remember seeing a list of items awaiting FRT numbers and it showed FN is trying to get the FAL reclassified because this "new" fix is what basically keeps the CSA vz58s safe from the horse cops, just having thicker internal walls to prevent the required parts to just be dropped in.

I dont get it...

Hey bro I think you misspelled Winchester 1895 it's ok I won't tell anyone

The FAL and all "variants" (which is purposefully vague) are prohibited by name.

You COULD do like some people are with AR-based platforms and making it so that the serialized components are not interchangeable, but that's a very costly endeavor.

I put my deposit down so you guys dont have to.

>wolverinesupplies.com/ProductDetail/KODWK180CONLINE_Kodiak-Defense-WK180-C-5-56--DEPOSIT-ONLY

I recently just got my PAL so I look forward to start a good collection of firearms here. One thing that I kinda have my eye on is the Type 81's.
Anybody here have any experience with them?
Does anybody know if they are worth the price?

Initial impressions were... underwhelming. Many of the first batch were bent. Also, the grenade launching apparatus isn't actually turned into the profile of the barrel, but is actually an attachment fixed onto the barrel instead. Some guy here removed it from his barrel, but I haven't seen him post any accuracy results of it without. The initial tests I *have* seen were like 3-4 MoA or worse.

I don't know what people expect from cheap chinese guns. You're not going to get a sub-MOA masterpiece.

Attached: 20180330_161617.jpg (2880x2160, 1.45M)

>or with VZ-58 pricing never going back down
why would they go down? was there a specific promise?
even Norc M14s are up 50% in price since 5 years ago. SVT-40 is up from 399 to almost 800, that's 100% increase (although understandable due to supposedly drying up) even the goddamn SKS is crawling towards the 300 mark in most places, and like someone has pointed out in previous threads.

Milsurp is a separate issue of course but its prices steadily rising can't be reflected solely by dwindling supply. There are plenty of milsurp rifles that are ..plentiful in the world, and you can notice shit like: importer stops bringing some rifles in for a year or two, people start squirming, on the third year suddenly there is this holy batch of th she rifles in, they get snapped up for twice the price they used to be and they are probably from the same stock as the rifles two years ago, which importer sat on and created false value inflation. Our small market with a few main importers is easy to manipulate. I can see a day when a Mosin will cost as much as a Lee Enfield is today -- talk to oldfags, ask them how much they paid for their three o three 10-15 years ago and look at how much we are looking at if we want to get one today.

other than the massive overproduction of ARs by a few companies, like S&W causing temporary deep sales on overatock they though would be panic-bought after Hillary's certain victory -- but this is more of a rare and specific freak occurrence.

The golden rule of gun culture, as taught to me unofficially by my firearms instructor many moons ago is
>"If you want to buy a firearm, buy it as fast as you can, because it will never be cheaper than it is today"
and this rule pretty much holds for everything: regular guns you enjoy, milsurp inflating, scary shit that get banned, etc.

needless to say, I was never interested in chinkshit or cared much for the SVT-40, didn't buy it when it was 299, and still don't regret it.

Attached: C140324B-AE18-47A8-81B2-36D4B3A19916-5720-000008D288317F11.png (348x348, 192K)

if you can pony up for CSA VZ58, do that instead. if not, Type 81 is not all that bad, but it would be ideal to see them in person when selecting. Like the other user said, some had visible bend, or more like not a straight line between receiver and barrel, the fucked up thing is that it's actually to military spec in China, apparently after doing a bunch of testing they saw minor misalignments like these had no impact on reliability whatsoever (even though visually triggering as fuck if you have that sort of autism), so they count minor "bends" as being to spec
Otherwise the triggers are reportedly pretty good, the action is boringly reliable, the sights are terrible because of weird horizontal bar at the rear and the short sight radius also contributes to pretty poor accuracy compared to VZ58 or SKS, which have close to twice the sight radius. inherently the rifle is probably no more or less accurate. check out this YouTube channel, the guy seems very honest about his view of pros and cons, he did get a rifle with the bend and kept it. He also goes balls deep into it by talking and showing a lot about the rifle at length, doing a lot of testing, doing a lot of mods, like a side-mounted scope and barrel sleeve removal + tests after those.
m.youtube.com/channel/UCZxtfhw1QEfPewyY-y0A4HA

if you're already a wood worker, you should get into machining and make your own gun.

Prohib by name, don't question it. You can try to make your own reciever and as long as it doesn't accept FAL parts you can say "it's a unique not FAL" since you can legally manufacture any gun you can own. So over 18.6 inch, semi auto, etc.

Underwhelming. Not bad for a grand in Canada though.

Anybody in BC wanna buy my tacticool Zahal VZ58 forend? I'm gonna go with a gas tube rail that can co-witness with the sights.

Attached: 31790868_434600870318293_8091768542292082688_n.jpg (960x960, 42K)

I think he meant underwhelming overall, not just accuracy, you pedant.

greatnorthgunco.ca/product/venezuelan-contract-fn49/

>$1445 leafbux
It hurts

Attached: 1512604918594.jpg (328x352, 29K)

Hey thanks guys! Glad to see there's still helpful people here

Like others have said, they're not amazing. Having handled one, I'd argue it's worse quality than a Type 97 in terms of fit/finish and manufacturing. The wood on them feels reeeeeeeeeal cheap, I can't imagine it will age well.

Mechanical accuracy seems on par with the VZ and SKS, but is hampered by poor sights.

VZ's nearly tripled in price at retail when everyone thought they were getting banned. They jacked up the price way above what they were worth, and once the hysteria died down and the next batch came in, the price stayed the same. It was never a case of supply drying up like milsurp.

I'm not saying the price should have gone back to $600, but $1300-1400 is a ridiculous amount for what they are.

I made a report on mine on opchan, accuracy was highly dependant on ammo. With some stuff it was 4-5 arcmins, with S&B soft point stuff it was like 2.5 arcmins.

Venezuelan models are rarer and more highly valued than other FN-49's, that's not indicative of a typical price.

Good shit. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm well of the 3 ive seen on fudd central one was $1825 for a refinished Belgium navy one, $1525 for a beat up navy one and $1200 for an Egyptian one
Meanwhile ive seen loads on gunbroker for $700-$900
I just want a Luxembourg one desu

they also have a couple K31 already on hold for someone for fucking $925 and $935
that's over a grand after taxes for something that was going barely over three hundo just a few years ago
>maximum blyat/10

Attached: 1505813377226.jpg (604x453, 38K)

Man, when I bought my K31 six or whatever years ago from Tradeex, I should have bought four.

CSA VZ58 was around $1000 in 2011
>I remember because I was eyefucking one for muh 2012 ayyztec pokaleeps justification, but ended up paying some outstanding bills instead and then got interested in bolt actions and precision shooting instead

they're around $1300 today, that's an increase by 1/3 at best not a tripling in price, dudé moi
seems pretty much in line with all of the other prices

you can't blur the line and compare old 858s with current CSA to make the price rise seem more dramatic. old CZ 858 were basically beater milsurp shit refinished and slapped together by CZ, much rougher and prone to the gremlin VS newly manufactured CSA receivers, which soon started having chrome lined barrels (stuff NR CZ's never did), had much better fit and finish and specifically addressed the gremlin reliability issues of 858.

858 was around $700 back when CSA was $1000. around the time. I did look at them as well. the $300 difference was somewhat substantial, but then end times were coming, so can't cheap out, yo!
>even though I totally did in the end and pay off some outstanding bills instead, good thing too cause those human sacrificing charlatans turned out to be wrong

>TL;DR: while the current price on VZ58 isn't cheap, but the increase is in line with everything else getting more expensive.
it's still the best bang for the buck compared to everything else on the market that has similar reputation and pedigree of being relatively accurate, reliable and well built, mag-fed semi-auto in common caliber.
that or the T97/T81 as fruits of cheap Chinese slave labour. everything else is either still in unproven or pipe-dream stage or above the $2000 mark

Attached: shrug.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

Doing my PAL exam this weekend.
Any tips?

Don't be dumb, don't hold up the class, don't sweep the professor, and don't get too excited.

Remember that you need to tip the RSO after penis inspection

Try not falling asleep

Get the (R) for your PAL, don't point the gun at people, bring a coffee.

Should I be hanged for considering buying that?
I'm a bigguy4u and the normal stock is tiny

Attached: sksdw6.png (900x700, 163K)

Should I take notes during the seminar or is that too autistic?
I've already read through the book they gave me and I took around 50 pages worth of notes from that