Royal Bermuda Regiment and other Obscure militaries

Context: Bermuda is a UK territory but is also autonomous
Basically has a meme army of a couple hundred men, there's no debate there, but I like the aesthetic of the current uniform.

Post your fav obscure militaries, ill dump some photos I found online of this one.

Attached: 5776.png (585x585, 936K)

Attached: 21272890_1354010051375425_6571780174389611509_o.jpg (2048x1360, 969K)

Attached: 6a00d834549ba869e200e54f33f4bb8833-640wi.jpg (640x426, 157K)

Attached: 5.png (561x588, 674K)

I grew up there and was actually called up for it, but was going in the British Army at the time. I still don't even know what they do, but I used to collect cases and torn up jackets from old rounds they'd fire into the sand dunes along the beaches on South Shore. I've still got lots them.

few more

Why did they pick a civilian rifle like the Ruger Mini 14 for so long?

Attached: Royal_Bermuda_Regiment_Soldier_at_Ferry_Reach_in_1994.jpg (1136x788, 259K)

Historical one
Conscription ended couple years ago, right before I would have come of age to be called, they do a lot of hurricane relief stuff (if you really grew up here you'd know how fun hurricane season is) and they coordinate a lot with the Caribbean islands doing training and shit

Attached: 892204584.jpg (1024x681, 420K)

Attached: f59c6c01-42.jpg (600x399, 36K)

Beats me, idk how they choose what rifle will be standard, right now it's the british l85a1 or a variant of it, idrk.

Attached: Bermuda_Regiment_PNCO_Cadre_Promotion_Parade.jpg (800x572, 321K)

still got a mixture of historical, current, and slightly less than current photos

Attached: s63ceDC.jpg (2048x1357, 625K)

Attached: TkyTk26.jpg (2048x1536, 892K)

Attached: 5476.png (381x593, 657K)

Honestly seems kinda fun, just larping around on various tropical islands, comfy imo

Attached: 67.png (522x496, 445K)

Attached: Capture.png (468x600, 416K)

That's all folks, if this thread gets any attention then i'll post it again in a month or two with hopefully new photos.

Really want to see other obscure military pics, post em if you got em!

Attached: Bermuda-Regiment-Recruit-Camp-2013-Passing-Out-Parade-January-26-2013-28.jpg (800x534, 338K)

>Lowering the colors until they touch the ground

But why?

To show submission of their nation to their queen, do you even into modern colonialism?

I left in 2007 but spent near 17 years there. Was there for Fabian etc. But I never saw them doing Hurricane relief, though no doubt they did. I just went fishing and waited for Belco to get my electricity back on.

By coincidence the buglers from my old battalion went out to Bermuda around the time I was signed off.

if you visit the Caribbean you'll realize a lot of those tiny island countries with shit budgets field mini-14's, the US might have dumped a shitload of police surplus down there years ago as aid or something is my theory

Haiti, Saint Lucia, saw some cops in the Bahamas with them and i've seen dozens of pictures from Brazil and central America with them, all with the folding stocks, pistol grip and black furniture

Yeah but they're lowering the British flag to show submission to the British monarch?

If I was king, and my subjects lowered my flag when I come to visit, I would be sending some islanders to the Tower.

Unrelated, but it would be pretty badass if some of these colonial regiments would get activated for combat duties.

When I say relief I mean more like, clearing debris off the road than handing out supplies. Kinda insane to meet someone else from the island on Jow Forums.

It was bait you mong.

Idk if the regiment themselves officially went off, but quite a few Bermudians fought under other nations in both great wars.

Yeah. I was in Somerset. But actually you meet Bermudians all over, town where I like now the vet used to work at the veterinarians in Warwick just off Middle Rd, if that's still there. Hope the everything's ok there, last I checked in everything was going mad with the America's cup.

America's Cup was buzzing, but it ended up being a net benefit economically. Except now there's this massive empty lot down Dockyard that nobody seems to be doing anything with.

You may have heard we just had that big triathlon thing, right across Front Street. Other than that I'd say most stuff is calm, people doing well, except for some upset with the plp cancelling some anti-gang program. Idrk, I don't keep up with local politics too much.

I was mad when I saw what they did to Dockyard. I guess it's good for tourism and shit but I remember it being a nice and slightly run down old place in the 1990s when I used to go buy ice-cream. Pretty different now.

I won't live there again though, even in the shitty UK I can at least own some guns.