What are the best pistol cartridges for EDC?

What are the best pistol cartridges for EDC?
Im looking to get my lisence soon and get a pistol.

My favorites so far are .45, 38 special and 357.

Attached: C9B4DEB3-7E06-4F00-ACB0-C3410D654BBC.jpg (750x562, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_b3dAbKoJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

9mm

Great overall, but I hear the mist stories about this shit just going through cleanly.
>googleshooter.bigthink

>using FMJ for EDC

>using a pistol thats useless with fmj

Simple, stupid, or slow. Which one are you?

Speak for yourself faggot

user, please tell me how FMJ .40, .45, .38, and .357 won't penetrate further than FMJ 9mm.

I dont care about penetration, I like more power /powder combined with a larger bullet in order to maximize caviation and expansion.

>larger hole = more chance to knick something important.

If I wanted penetration I would just use hardened lead

Also big gunz make my tiny peepee feel larger

user, how fucking stupid are you?
>9mm overpenetrates
>not like the bigboy rounds
Christ. It's been made into a thread time and time again. Capacity>Caliber.

So then what are the highest capacity pistols?

Im not buying some retarded glock. I refuse. Anything else.

A 9mm compact will have more bullets on average than a compact in the other 2 popular calibers.

>38 special and 357
Looks like you're considering a revolver, which is generally a good choice for EDC. They require less thoughtfulness in handling and skill in use (i.e. you're less likely to fuck up and either shoot yourself or fail to shoot when you need to) and they tolerate more neglect, abuse, and irregular ammunition. I'd pick a 357 revolver for sure, because it's compatible with 38 Special anyway.

There's a whole range between basic 38 Special and full-power 357 Magnum. Going with 357 means it can handle everything in between, like 38 +P and 357 low recoil. Having a gun that works well with any of them means you can experiment and figure out what you can handle, based on your physical strength and skill level. It also means the gun can grow with you.

For terminal effect, 38 Special is generally considered adequate, and 357 optimal.

Correct. I was just curious if you knew high capacity pistols. Most of the time, I see 10+1

>PMR30

I like revolvers alot, but as other people have said, capacity and modern design is awesome.

Ive always been under the impression that revolvers are more likely to fuck up, especially because of the cylinder timing, and if it gets dropped its surely fucked.

9x18 makarov

Do your own research. I'd recommend a Shield, but that's me. Everyone has different hands and different pricepoints.

Milsurp is dying.
I wanted a makarov, and looked into 380, but the size is discouraging.

>Ive always been under the impression that revolvers are more likely to fuck up, especially because of the cylinder timing, and if it gets dropped its surely fucked.
Depends on the individual revolver and semi-auto you're comparing, but for quality handguns, I'd give the revolvers the edge in taking abuse and especially neglect. They fail in different ways, so indeed YMMV. Of course, you shouldn't abuse or neglect your guns, but you don't always have complete control over the situation.

The main reliability edge in revolvers is for user error, rather than being purely mechanical.

Another thing to keep in mind is accuracy. Standard .38 Special is subsonic. Standard .357 Magnum is supersonic. Standard 9mm is transonic. Standard .45 is subsonic.

Mostly, these sorts of accuracy factors don't matter for EDC (just like capacity past 5 doesn't matter in most encounters), as long as you can point-shoot within 10 yards. But someday you might want to make a headshot on an armored mass shooter from 70 yards and be a hero. You don't want a transonic bullet, or a bullet that goes transonic within the limit of your ability to aim accurately, or the bullet can wander. You can get consistent headshot accuracy at 100 yards even out of a snubnose revolver or pocket pistol, with the right ammunition and user skill:
youtube.com/watch?v=6_b3dAbKoJ0

Chads carry the Kolibri

.32 NAA is better

If only those poor bastards understood that years from now they would suffer unimaginably because of asbestos/