DR optics

Never hear discussion on Eclans here

Is the Specter DR 1x/4x any good? The buyer reviews say it is

It’s pricey, but switching from no magnification to 4x quickly sounds like a premium feature that demands a premium price

Attached: 61023567-2A81-41BA-901C-C403148371C7.jpg (880x660, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kenziesoptics.com/product/elcan-os4x/
youtu.be/bHStWMa90Lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there's been a thread about this every day for the past 3 days

Attached: b70.gif (408x410, 46K)

Wolf PSU or ior valdada pitbull
Be happy or die

Attached: 1524810027263.gif (497x373, 489K)

fuck off with these threads cunt

its good. but heavy and expensive
Canadian military uses them
outside overall dimensions are roughly similar to an Acog except the Acog has trimmer more petite portions where the Elcan is just a big fat barrel shape.
i would still like to have one but for $2k+ i cant justify it yet

>Canadian military uses them
>Canadian military
>Canadian
>military

Attached: 1498701559206.jpg (453x576, 69K)

afaik the canadians use the m145 on their service rifles, which is a bulkier 3.4x fixed optic, not the specter (though they probably use the specter on MGs).

You are correct

I've used the m145 and aside from being heavy and bulky as fuck, the glass was crystal clear and the FOV was amazing. Crosshairs were too thin imo though, and I kept losing them. Windage and elevation adjustments were also weird and mushy. Illumination was useless except at dawn/dusk due to how thin the crosshairs were.

They're too expensive for a civilian to justifiably buy one.

They're included in the latest SOPMOD kit and SOF guys like them on their SCARs, so they can't be too bad.

Attached: downloadfile-28.jpg (1024x683, 233K)

>Wolf PSU
Has a good price point; how is its glass?

Shame it doesn’t look more tactical

Attached: B9838C22-A749-48F3-A992-6BCF909F43F3.jpg (1000x667, 77K)

This. Unless you've got plenty of money to burn, it's just not worth it. I'm pretty poorfag so I'd probably get a Vortex PST 1-6

>SOF
>That gut
Real tip of the spear there, apex predator you've got there. I guess SCARs are for out of shape fatasses that like to larp.

Have you ever seen those guys without a shirt on...

>he doesn't know any powerlifters
>he doesn't know about ripits

Try for selection and you'll find a few people where looks are a poor guide to physical performance.

no. i don't watch gladiator movies

- t. billy

This.

Fuck, I knew a guy whole barely managed a 240 on his pt test who was picked up.

It's ok, but overrated. I'd get a separate flip-out magnifier.

What's the take on the fixed elcan 4x? About a grand cheaper.

Inb4 just buy an acog

I'm going to ask you to renege that last statement.

It's a tube. No idea about quality

Attached: SADM(cropped).jpg (227x269, 15K)

whoa, calm down there user. no need to just flip out like that

You talking about ?

Because it takes so fucking long to turn a variable optic from 1 to 4 or 6 or what the fuck ever.

i was looking at that too. but i think that version doesn't have the back up sights on top for some reason.
i really want one but i want back up sights

It's a length thing.
>a "one in twist" set up
>a spinny prism
You be the judge

You're completely right that it doesn't, I just noticed that.
I'm talking about this one.
kenziesoptics.com/product/elcan-os4x/

I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about a 1-6 variable optic being too long. Heavy, maybe but length would be a new one for me.

just like the mini14, blame the pubg /v/irgins since it was just added to the game

Please
youtu.be/bHStWMa90Lk

I assume you want me to watch that 20 minute review to find the part where he says "Gee I'm sure glad this optic is 4 inches shorter than a Leupold Mark 6."

I'll just take your word for it.

im looking around at budget red dots and my dad recommended a brand call atibal im only asking because i can barely find reviews online and most YouTube reviews are made by the company itself. anyway are they shit tier

Inferior to a equal quality 1x8 scope.

That's mainly because the HD Elcan is one of the few optics that the SCAR-H won't beat the shit out of

what the fuck is this post even trying to convey? how much you want to suck his dick over a product review?

I still don't understand why the SCAR beats up optics. does the extruded aluminum upper fully transfer shock or something? it seems so fake.

polymer lower

7.62 rifles tend to beat up optics (though they're not the worst). The FAL and HK91 were bad about it too. The cause is the very heavy bolt and carrier slamming shut, which causes a forward recoil impulse - the opposite than scopes are designed for. The SCAR's forward thump is harder than the FAL and HK91 because the SCAR is much lighter but still has a heavy bolt.
The rifles that are hardest on scopes are piston air rifles. Even .50 cals arent as bad. Take your $15,000 Hensoldt and put it on a $800 air rifle, shoot 100 shots, and give the scope a gentle shake and be amazed at the sound of $14,500 of Schott glass tinkling around inside. But a $25 air rifle scope has no problem - because they're specifically designed for that forward recoil impulse.
AFAIK the only scopes that could handle the SCAR from the beginning were Leupold, Nightforce, and US Optics. Trijicon, Hensoldt, Elcan, Zeiss, Schmidt and Bender - all of them had short lifespans on the SCAR *at first* - until the manufacturers redesigned the internals to resist that forward recoil pulse without shaking loose.

this sounds like such fuddlore

If you're a fudd, I suppose. My HK91 and FAL have both eaten good quality scopes. The SCAR 17's forward recoil when the bolt closes is roughly as strong as the backward recoil during firing - it snaps the rifle right back down on target. It's an easy rifle to fire accurately very quickly. But it did stress scopes when it first came out. The SCAR 16 (5.56) has a harder forward snap than the recoil - the barrel ends up below the aiming point. But the recoil is much lighter than the 7.62 so it wasnt as hard on scopes.

I have the fixed 4x
you bet your ass a $1100 military optic is bombproof and has fantastic glass

Attached: 20170428_144540.jpg (2880x2160, 3.02M)

Not the user you responded to; but Chris Bartocci pretty much said something along the same lines that the harmonics were reducing scope life. I'd link his scar video but he took down his YouTube channel and full 30 is just wonky.

I made the previous thread. Have nothing to do with this OP.

is it lighter?

Here are conclusions from SOF:
>switching from 1x to 4x constantly is impractical
>it's faster to mount a piggyback MRDS and use the scope on max power
This is why I believe LPVO are memes too.

you can be fat and be in peak physical condition. what the fuck do you idiots go to college for if you dont learn jack shit?

Attached: Cir3OjnXAAAqEB-.jpg (600x981, 78K)

I wonder what the rate of MRDS sights getting broken off is.

Really expensive when you could buy a Vortex Razor HD 2 1-6x.

It's good. Earlier models of the 1-4 had a massive POI shift but that has been resolved. Not so sure about the 1.5-6 models.
You could get an acog with an rmr on top for a few hundred dollars less, so that's a viable option. Retards on here recommending variable optics are fine, but the whole POINT is to have a durable optic that can instantly switch.
>Vortex
Disgusting. Wouldn't trust my fucking life with that shit.

Attached: ellw.jpg (1280x960, 131K)

The Razor HD 2 is good enough for Delta. Good enough for me.

Oh yeah I've seen the pic of that.
Must be alright then.

The glass is amazingly clear and the FOV is insanely wide. It's like the scope tube disappears. It is slower to switch between 1x and 6x but you basically leave it on 1x unless you have to take a long distance shot.

Honestly I leave all my variable optics at the max zoom anyway. That's what I love about prism scopes, you never have to fuck with them. What I really want is a reasonably priced fixed power 6x or 8x scope that's isn't huge and has a decent BDC reticle.

LPVO may not be efficient for operating operationally but it's still the bet way to cram max versatility into one optic. Plus I'm sure it's a good option for 3 gun where you can anticipate the adjustments.

It kind of does in ways that matter. Sure it only takes a second or two, but it takes those seconds at the exact points in time where speed is most important. You have to remove your hand from the shooting position and adjust it. It’s also disorienting when you think the scope is at a certain setting and then it’s at a different one than expected.

1-4x scopes are almost always accompanied by mini-CCOs these days and left sitting at 4x. Not many people would be terribly hindered by using a fixed 4x that had the same quality and eye relief.

>Mfw I’m going to be waiting 8-12 weeks for my 1-6 HD-E that I ordered last week

Attached: E6DF2AA1-B67F-4BBB-A932-5023530348D5.jpg (746x411, 169K)

This too. Ideas that show up in 3-gun tend to show up in one form or another in special operations use a few years later, hence Crane’s solicitation for a 1-6 in early 2017 for the next SOPMOD increment and JSOC’s use of the Razor HD 1-6.

EOTECH yeah or ney? look for an optic for my le6920, I like their product.

Attached: 61m++Z5z7yL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 16K)

They’re okay as long as you don’t mind changing batteries all the fucking time. Get an aimpoint unless you’re really 120% absolutely dead set on an eotech for whatever reason.

Magnifiers are a meme, if you just really like the Holographic sight I guess go for it otherwise Aimpoint is better.

I used to think that too, but magnifiers have a focus ring on them which means for astigmatism bois like me, a magnifier can actually make a red dot appear crisp and clear like it's supposed to at distance, even though it will still be a 15MOA blur unmagnified.

US mil uses it too
Armyfag here, we use them too. I've only seen a few though

Is there something like that with no magnification?
Like a small focus ring which only purpose is to sharpen red dots for people with astigmatism?

I thought they were standard for infantry? Do they just issue most of the boys irons or what then?

fair enough m8

Try using your rear iron sight

Did you buy on through Vortex mil discount or GovX or something?

Wrong

DESU the only thing that keeps me from using an ACOG and RMR is the dogshit eye relief.

>max zoom is primary optic
That's just retarded.

That works but it narrows my fov and kinda forces me to close one eye.