/sgg/ Shotgun General

/sgg/ Shotgun General

Weebs have no rights to own guns edition.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180503-111848_Clover dev.jpg (1070x450, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ma2ZfiOJjnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shotguns are pointless

/thread

Attached: download_20180502_160032.jpg (1024x595, 125K)

But you don't aim them. You point them.

I dunno man, they're a cheap, effective way to defend your home. Also skeet shooting is fun.

based.

Attached: 1499973437851.png (600x811, 124K)

Thinking of making my own heat shield for a 590a1, have the ghost ring model so the regular one is kind of out of the question. Any idea what sort of materials I should Ideally use?

Guess I'll post the first shotgat then...

Attached: 590ayy1.jpg (4032x2250, 3.04M)

Hnnng

Where do you think you are exactly?

Attached: 56456.png (940x676, 101K)

>the second amendment was only designed to include muskets!
fuck off weeb

You seem very asshurt, newfriend. Maybe Reddit is more your speed

Where did he say that retard? Gun rights are universal. You don't get to disarm people because you don't like their cartoons, faggot. That's the spirit of the 2nd, if you don't like it, fuck off some commie shithole.

>bawww people I don't like shouldn't own guns
This thread needs more Freedom

Attached: 85f.jpg (2783x3353, 2.21M)

Idk that was posted in the last general I made.

What's a better first shotgun
>mossberg 590
>police trade in 870 police/wingmaster
>benelli supernova tactical
>other

Toss up between the 590 or the 870 police. Pick which one you prefer.

My friends are looking to get a gun for home defense after an incident. I said to get a Mossberg 590, is this a good pick? They like in Oklahoma now btw

Alright, I'll bite. What's the problem with the supernova?

Yeah it's fine, even a 500 would probably be fine the 590 and 590a1 are just built with more wear and tear in mind, if they want something just to kick around the house the 500 alone would probably do the job

590 or the 870 but only if its a pre-2006 production or so I've heard. I guess Remington's production quality dropped off since then.
Overall thought I'd say a new 590 over a used 870. Pretty sure you can find 590s online during sales for like $400.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the supernova, at least I haven't heard anything bad. Just doesn't have as much recognition as the other two I guess

Mossberg and remington parts are more readily available. YMMV

Are you retarded?

Attached: 9dDr59o.png (1200x1200, 136K)

Meant for
Also I personally think they look hideous

rate my new one

Attached: image (4).jpg (3264x2448, 1.79M)

Sexy/10

they're all about on par, it's a preference for the shape of the stock and safety position. Wingmasters have very smooth actions but the stock actually feels long to me now from when I bought it years ago. Ithaca 37's are a good alternative shape and style. The biggest issue I have with 870's are the load gates snagging my thumbs.

just got her a month ago, haven't shot her yet
what should I do to her/get her? I was thinking maybe wood furniture and/or a heat shield

Attached: mossy.jpg (3024x4032, 3.14M)

The second most used category of firearms in self defense shootings, after handguns. Semi-auto rifles com at a distant third place.

Attached: image (3).jpg (3264x2448, 2.26M)

Heatshield came in a few days ago, attached it to my memewave
Gonna go see if i tightened it enough this weekend at the range

Attached: 20180428_205235.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

Thinking of getting one of these garbage piles, thoughts?

Attached: image.jpg (800x800, 75K)

> The biggest issue I have with 870's are the load gates snagging my thumbs.

Wait whut, how fucking small are your thumbs guy? I’ve literally put thousands of rounds through my 870 and never had this issue, double load, single load, never happened, post ur thumbs

Wood and silver look good, but so does the black
Maybe a heatshield if you get that in silver too

Oh this reminds me, my mom found my fathers old winchester 1300 in a storage unit. Gave it to me a week ago, ill post pics if this thread is still up when i get home from work.

I have normal thumbs like everybody else. Here’s me giving a thumbs up.

Attached: image.jpg (168x300, 36K)

Yea they do have the heat shields in marinecote
Anyone here ever change out the forearm on a mossberg? Is it simple?

Also if I got wood it could match my 92

Attached: wood.jpg (3024x4032, 1.87M)

>/threading your own post

Maximum faggotry.

Attached: 15591783_1895290387366108_358230612_n.png (583x339, 153K)

Thanks

Attached: FB_IMG_1514109006361.jpg (480x621, 20K)

Thanks anons. It sounds like a toss up between the two, so it now boils down to looks.
590's heat shield or an 870's top folder and overall profile.
Not that I'd shoot much with the folder, just that I can have one on it.

Is there anything I should look out for on a cop-used shotgun other than rust or general outward condition? Not too experienced with shotguns so I don't know what parts to keep an eye on.

Give me one reason why I should go above a Maverick 88/Mossberg 500.
>inb4 pre shit 870's
Go back to /arg/

Hey i found some 12ga slugs and buckshot, as well as a ton of bird while cleaning out my grandfathers property, theres a little bit of corrosion on the slugs and buck. I found them all over the place just on the floor uncovered, so im not surr if rodents peed on the or whatever. Im wondering if theyre still good to shoot.
All the birdshot is good though. Brand new boxes tucked into a cabinet.

I changed mine out on Pretty easy, just make sure the forend is the correct size for you gun. I forget the dimensions (easily googled) but older models are different size the newer models.

Who are you quoting?

Heres a video guide for a mossy w/heatshield if youre interested in doing both
Looks like till take you less than 5 minutes
youtu.be/ma2ZfiOJjnA

Take them to your local gun store or pawn shop and have them looked at by a professional.

stripped screws, smooth extractor points, missing choke? The odds of a police model being broken are pretty slim.

Controversial hot take, wood heat shield, if such a thing exists

muskets were the predominate weapon during the time of the founding fathers. we've advanced beyond muskets and the 2nd has adapted to accommodate those advances

Jow Forums was created by a weeb, but it is no longer a weeb stronghold. your time is over, it's time to kill yourselves. literally nobody watches anime anymore.

Didnt the original ar 10's and such have them? Or at least theres a ton of firearms that use wood forearms, shrouds, whatever
>your gun smells like a campfire after a few magazines

2nd amendment shenanegans

Attached: 1511477978881.png (847x337, 93K)

Looking to get some graded wood for this beast.

Attached: shotblat.jpg (4032x2098, 1.9M)

Kill yourself you communist retard.

Very nice. Where did you get your stock/foreend?

Original AR-10s used bakelite, only wooden heat shield I can think of is the Remington model 10.

>But you don't aim them.
hate this shitty meme to be honest with you

How do I aim with a bead sight?
Why would I want one over ring sights?

Benelli but unless you need to change the stock for some reason just get the nova since it's cheaper

Numrich gun parts

I haven't read a single review that has not regretted getting one of these

The better question is if you have a vent rib or not

Stupid thumbposter

It will be flat when you have a cheek weld. It's dead simple and doesn't interfere with your sight picture. There's no time to acquire, it's just there when you aim.

why does a replacent action slide tube cost so much? the arent even on mossbergs website anymore.
God, fuck these shitty pinned forends.

All I got, pretty old, but they haven't failed me

Attached: 1525396088380777224429.jpg (1836x3264, 1.9M)

Doesn't mean they're any good. Not other poster but they have a point.

Shotguns basically suck for tactical purposes. The reasons come down to range, reloading, and the general logistics of heavy ass ammunition. A shotgun is a devastating weapon, but not a practical one in the day of combat rifles, which is why no reasonable military uses them for anything except door breaching or exotic round deployment.

I don't think I'd have a vent rib. Don't have a shotgun yet and have never used one, but I'd probably get something with an 18-20" barrel, and it seems like vent ribs are mostly on long barrels.

They're great for home defense, mostly due to being able to get a decent pump for cheap and some cheap buckshot to go with it. Also skeet shooting is fun.

But in the military, shotguns are very situational weapons.

Looking for a shotty that's good for HD and fun to shoot for skeet and stuff. Any suggestions?

I think I'm in a weapons board, not a weebshit board.

Fucking newfags I swear

Is the magpul furniture worth the dosh for the 590?

Attached: 1507011556188.png (652x480, 52K)

You can’t call yourself a constitutionalist if you think certain groups of people shouldn’t own guns