Is a AR pistol build worth the extra money, is there anything I need to know before I start...

Is a AR pistol build worth the extra money, is there anything I need to know before I start? Is there a difference in the size of buffer tube?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/16/suppressors-affecting-velocity/
hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/223-rem-35-gr-ntx-superformance#!/
hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/223-remington-75-gr-bthp-match-black#!/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

where are you getting the idea of it costing more?

shorter barrel = even cheaper
shorter handguard = even cheaper

it is not a great weapon though, the muzzle flash and concussion will be massive

The only part that CAN cost more are the braces if you go full tryhard instead of a shockwave or some shit. Meanwhile, your cheaper handguard will offset that cost mostly unless you go pdw brace or something.

Attached: 1516864440323.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

oh and you'll be spending $1/round on heavy 69+ grain projectiles for it because 55gr sucks shit from short barrels

or just use 55 gr as practice ammo then use 55 grain gold dots as your "real ammo" which only cost $.50 a round and will expand to 200+ yards out of a 10 inch barrel

Not really. Twist rate still applies like normal, and to be honest, over spin is mostly a mythic in realistic situations. Engagement distance for something with a mk18/cqbr style barrel is 25 yards anyways, you're talking room to room shooting here so it doesn't matter. Fling the bullet, and 3moa or better will be fine for the purpose. 55gr is fine.

im guessing hes talking about fragmentation range, the solution is to just use bullets that arent 55 grain ball

Xm193 will still pop within 25yards is what I'm saying.perfect for a cqbr design that is meant for that range anyways.

yes I was talking about extending the effective range as well as avoiding most of the gigantic fireball coming out of the end, most "operators" have suppressors for that though

Flash cans or a decent fs work. Most fireballs I've seen are from jackasses that throw muzzle brakes on. An AR pistol is a pretty niche need anyways, so there's gonna be drawbacks.

Not OP, but two questions:

>I know that virgin standard buffertubes are legal on a pistol build. Will any current arm braces on the market fit a standard tube?
>What is the best muzzle device for reducing flash? I have seen the 4-piece Bulgarian muzzle devices for AKs in action and was impressed. What is the equivalent for an AR?

why would you ever get an SBR?
It needs expensive loads to make it's performance non-pathetic

Attached: 1520390513443.png (648x182, 5K)

Literally look just above. Basic xm193 will fragment within the range an sbr is made for, then there's fun civillian loads you can use but mil can't. Practice with fmj, keep mags with the good shit, problem solved.

all that money for "fine" performance
might as well just buy a cheap ass ps90 that will get you more velocity than the sbr

To be gucci

Attached: 20180429_171455.jpg (3024x4032, 1.84M)

Sort of related but can I freely change between a "pistol" and rifle with the same lower? Like swap the upper and stock but keep everything else?

if it started as a pistol, yes.
if it started as a rifle, no.

>All gun purchases should only be based on the requirements of optimal ballistic performance and have nothing to do with personal taste or other factors like it being your fucking money.
Wewlad, come on now.

for 99% of the shooting anyone does on Jow Forums, 55gr is fine.

Explain to me why you need a 1337 operator short barreled peashooter. I'll wait. Justify it to me.

>Explain to me why you need-
SHALL

>All gun purchases should only be based on the requirements of optimal ballistic performance
YES

anything else and you're just wasting money

I reload mk262

also, not every SBR is 6", a 14.5 will still kick some ass with regular 55gr

14.5 is a carbine you gay nigger

Not according to the ATF

"SBR" means anything under 16"

Pedantic cocks.
14.5 is a carbine.
Quit being dense on purpose.

>SBRfags are so pathetic that they have to lump themselves with the carbine crowd to not see pathetic

Attached: 1008694403694.png (463x293, 204K)

As a civvie there's pretty much no down side to a smol AR. Smol is good!

Because I fucking want it and am American. Boom.

>Spending money on things you enjoy rather than need is a waste
Enjoy your one Glock 19, nearly noguns

>ps90 that will get you more velocity than the sbr
im assuming you're talking about a 10in SBR'd ps90 because you're comparing it to an SBR.
>ps90 10.4in
>2,350 ft/s 40 grain cartridge
vs
>10.5 AR
>2600+ 55 grain cartridge
where the fuck do people get the idea that p90s and MP7s shoot higher velocity than 5.56 SBRs?

Attached: 4998.png (645x729, 50K)

.5 AR
+ 55 grain cartridge
bottom of the picture

Attached: 5.56 vs 5.7x28.png (2888x2196, 462K)

>68 grain heavy match and m855
>these are 55 grain

Attached: 3Q7iXtQ.png (645x729, 51K)

That's the point retard those loads are better than 55gr yet they still stumble around 2100-2400
55gr will have even shittier velocities

>Being this dumb
Thanks for losing the argument

...you don't know anything about 5.56 do you? Shut up, you are too dumb to participate.

>so retarded he cant read his own graph
>is so retarded he doesnt know speer 55 grain gold dots exist that will outperform his meme round for the same price per round even from an AR sbr

Attached: 10.5.png (1208x966, 1.44M)

Attached: ar15barrelvelocitychart.jpg (640x369, 33K)

The SBA3 brace fits a milspec tube

>they still stumble
>current year
>using tumbling as a wounding mechanism instead of expansion or fragmentation

Attached: 2.png (327x316, 211K)

add the suppressor length, idiot.
sauce?

learn to read, that's not what he means

>add the suppressor length, idiot
imagine being so retarded you think a suppressor will make a massive difference
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/16/suppressors-affecting-velocity/

Attached: 7552.png (939x719, 46K)

You are a dumb piece of shit.

Pretty much every place that tests barrel length and velocity.

Attached: Chronodata_Page_3.jpg (1024x926, 127K)

Wow, what a well thought out arguement. Sure showed him, typical ARfag

>a supressor makes massive velocity differences, add the suppressor length like its a barrel length
>cant even read his own fucking graph
55 grain bullets will have "shittier" velocities than 68 grain bullets
pic related in action right here. I dont understand why people on this board with 0 understanding of ballistics feel the need to share their opinion on it

Attached: brainlet.png (574x464, 29K)

so you agree with him then? you believe
>55 grain bullets will have "shittier" velocities than 68 grain bullets
?

Yes, that's what the brainlet samefag is saying, ignore him.

Wow, you are truly noguns.

>gets btfo with multiple sources
>"lol noguns"
nice argument

You literally did the same thing.

where? im arguing that saying a 55 grain bullet will somehow end up being lower velocity than a 68 grain bullet with similar powder charges is mentally retarded

You provided no sources. You are a typical AR fanboy that doesn't understand ballistics.

see

because the atf knows....

You just made all of that up, bitchboy.

>a supressor makes massive velocity differences
yes, it does, especially if that suppressor's length is one third of the total fucking barrel length

>gets btfo
>ill pretend to myself that I was trolling the whole time to save my ego

Attached: lel.jpg (540x550, 53K)

i just asked you for sauce and you provided neither

>it is not a great weapon though, the muzzle flash and concussion will be massive

No. Get gud, you are going to have to conquer your fear of pressure waves as a shooter. The problem with pistol builds shooting hard is mostly the shortness of the gas system causing a really sharp impulse with very little dwell time.

It's still WAY worth it, though. I would never SBR my pistol build, all you do then is guarantee that you can't take it out of state without asstons of paperwork, or carry it concealed.

Braced AR pistol builds are the shit, son. You can legally build a better gun than most milspec M4s you've been coveting, and with 5.56, you're still able to reach out to 300+ yards on that 10.5 barrel.

see

You are being trolled by more than one person, newfag. Gtfo of my thread.

Here's another tip for you, user. If you keep your build's TOTAL length above 26", from tip of the (fully collapsed) permanently attached brace or buffer tube to the tip of the barrel (counting any permanently attached flash hiders, etc.) then you can run a VFG on your pistol build.

>I need a source to prove to me that a heavier bullet wont go faster than a lighter one
>ignores the sources already in the thread

Attached: 1515999271503.png (645x729, 105K)

>what are aerodynamics

LAST TIP for now. Look at KynSHOT or similar hydraulic buffers if that carbine or pistol length gas system is bruising your basedboy shoulder.

>ballistic coefficient matters when it comes to muzzle velocity

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 58K)

Inertia

the sauce of the graph you fucking idiot
cite it

Go back to high school, NEETs

>a hevier bulete wil go fastr
hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/223-rem-35-gr-ntx-superformance#!/
hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/223-remington-75-gr-bthp-match-black#!/
>same barrel length
>35 grain .223 4000 fps
>75 grain .223 2790 fps

I don't think y'all realize how good domestic AR pistol builds are now. This is glorious American freedom at its very best. Basically everyone, everywhere in the world including places like Afghanistan and Iraq -- hell, even OUR OWN SOLDIERS IN THOSE PLACES -- wishes they could have a build like this instead of what they have available.

Build it today. Then fry some steak on the smoking barrel, open a beer on the mlock rail, and remember to vote for Trump and your local non-deep-state Republicans.

Confirmation bias...

>coriolis effect

Cool story, bro-science guy

>SS and GOMAD

?

Attached: 1516503191664.jpg (645x729, 48K)

is this r*ddit

Its people pissing in an ocean of piss

This is all just noguns who don't know shit but are here thanks to lolsummer who get shown how dumb they are, then go "I was just pretending I was retarded! Get trolled!"

This is the state of things till September.

Just post pics of awesome rifles. They're drawn here like moths to flame because secretly, underneath the socially imposed basedboy, there lurks hungry real boys yearning to be men.

Attached: QC10-9mm-Build-11.jpg (620x414, 83K)

If you have a lower that has never been used as a rifle, or registered as a rifle you can use it as a pistol. Once you put a rifle upper on it you can never go back to a pistol. You can pay the atf and do a form one to make it into a of lower though

Dems da rules

Attached: 1485193290428.jpg (1280x990, 241K)

300 blk, faggot

If it's a pea shooter then why do you care

>AR ""Pistol""

The ATF can suck a big fat one, and this is coming from an ausfailian.

no

I must be the 1% cause I shoot what I train with and thats 77gr otm from magtech.
50cents a round and it performs outstandingly well.

This user gets it.

Attached: 20180228_150047.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

Just no. Fuck you and no.

Attached: 20180422_083152.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

Suppressed Subsonic 300 BLK is without question the best justification an AR pistol or SB AR.

Untill you actually want to kill something.

SBR your 300 blackout and leave it in your closet noob.

Attached: 20180401_123939.jpg (4032x3024, 3.48M)

you have no idea what based means. leave this board until you have paid respect to lil b

Because it's makes faggots like you butt hurt for no reason.

>talking shit on others
>too slow to realized that s o y b o y filters to basedboy and s o y filters to onions.