How do I avoid cross threading my receiver when I install the grip?

How do I avoid cross threading my receiver when I install the grip?

Attached: P1070147-1024x684.jpg (1024x684, 86K)

Go slow and use the right tools for the job.

like, be careful...

don't drink your soimilk for a few days prior

By not being retarded

Same way you ensure you haven't crossthreaded any bolt/screw?

Use your finger to guide it in I also used a small o ring that fit over the threads and used that because my bolt seemed like it was going to strip or CT and the o ring makes it more snug, no issues so far

You stupid fuck

my lowers parts kit had a hex nut for the grip, so I just crammed a flathead into it and took it slow. It threaded just fine. You can't fuck it up unless you try really hard.

What tools? Just a proper sized allen key?

iow, screw out until you feel it drop, then slowly screw in, being sensitive to whether you're feeling unexpected torquiness

What self respecting man doesn't have a set of allen keys?

>You can't fuck it up unless you try really hard.
That's a rather optimistic statement considering where we are.

>Jow Forums

Give that bitch a couple ugga duggas

Attached: impact wrench.jpg (350x350, 15K)

I thought the same until I had to screw in the trigger guard set screw lol like how fucking small does this shit have to be? All my tools are for cars and trucks so didn’t have any small ass keys, but your kit sucked if it didn’t come with a bolt that has an Allen and a flat head faced bolt

No a fucking sledgehammer.

Put some pressure on and screw like you're unscrewing. You'll feel the screw set then that's when it's safe to screw in

What self respecting man doesn’t have an electrical screwdriver set stashed away in his tool box????

I have a set, I was just naked upstairs doing it on the floor (because no AC in the shed) and didn't feel like heading outside naked for more tools.

I was just asking if there was some ghey specialty tool, I needed or something

Start by securing all parts so that they won't roll away or get knocked on the floor. This includes the tiny plunger and it's spring.

First take the bold you plan to use and start it by hand without the grip. This will verify that you have the correct threading and the bolt fits. Later, due to your vast incompetence, you'll find this reassuring when you begin to question if it does.

Before removing the bolt, pay attention to the angle of the bolt as it goes into the receiver, and compare it to the angle of the grip if the grip were in place. You'll see that they are often different. Not understanding this can lead to difficulty starting the bolt when you go to install.

Remove the bolt from the receiver.

Assure that all appropriate parts are in place on the receiver.

Assemble the spring and plunger into the grip being careful that it does not fall out, insert the grip onto the receiver.

Take a long hex key or screwdriver, depending on the bolt, and use it to install the bolt into the receiver through the grip. It should start and turn easily.

>tl:dr, just don't be a moron.

Common sense?

What self respecting man doesn't walk to his shed naked on his own property dammit.

I'm not even kidding right now but this is why I want to move out to the country. I bought a house in town and not being able to walk around my property nude is a real bummer.

Please tell me this is bait

Attached: 1470780293549.png (763x960, 375K)

just screw it in there you fuckin pussy

What self respecting man uses electrical screwdrivers? Either use a traditional one or a power drill. Anything between is for pussies.

Same. I have allen keys but they weren't long enough for the job.

You should get a set of T-handle allen keys.
Harbor Freight sells cheap sets for next to nothing that will have every size you could ever need. They're made out of metal softer than your delicate baby hands you're trying to assemble that AR with but they'll work and they're cheap.

Weakest of bait

I have literally never used one nor needed one in the 20 plus years that I have been working on cars and other /diy/ related things.
I did have a ratcheting screwdriver with a flexible shaft for some time in the early 2000's but it eventually stopped working after years of general wear and tear and I never felt the need to replace it.
Not trying to sound smug, but what do you honestly use it for?

Attached: B13187_0_3.jpg (910x768, 110K)

>what do you use an electrical screwdriver for

GEE

So I take it you use it for saving yourself from damaging little girl hands then?

Attached: the goose is loose.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

>assembles his AR naked
>too lazy to get up and get the proper tool for the job
>on Jow Forums
It checks out

everyone under 40 is FUCKED

Lol

To be fair everyone 40 and over is fucked too.