Natural Disaster stories

Post SHTF Katrina,Harvey, flood, Tornado, etc stories.
>What do you CC during such events in your area?
>What precautions do you have in place?
>What advice do you have for others?

Attached: hurrycanes.jpg (1100x619, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hhGEV4
zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16627
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keep to yourself.
Dont bother anyone or talk to anyone.
Just go about your everday life,not being a paronoid shut-in scared of every person you see in a hoodie.

>what do you cc in your area
my hi power.
>what precautions
couple gallons of water
>what advice
none, you guys live in shitholes. South Carolina has a major disaster and there is no looting, killing, or any of the such. We just band together to rebuild.

I live in SC too. Our hurricanes and historic floods didn't at all put the state into shtf mode. It was pretty swell where I live between Florence and Columbia.

I sniped about 20 looters from a high rise in downtown Houston during hurricane Harvey.

>not being a paranoid shut-in
>Dont bother anyone or talk to anyone.
The first thing my aunt and uncle did after the Alabama tornadoes was go out and help people in the neighborhood. They grouped up with their neightbors and used chainsaws to clear eachother's driveways and streets faster. Theres strength in numbers and groups when this kind of stuff happens and keeping to yourself is a good way to make it more miserable for yourself.

big if true

dont be this guy

Attached: lonely bot.png (684x553, 614K)

I actually live in the greater New Orleans area. Thankfully I'm in a white area that did not flood in Katrina and typically doesn't flood due to it being at or just below sea level.

>What do you CC during such events in your area?
Glock 43, but to be honest I'm not CC shit in a disaster. I'm openly carrying a rifle and hunkering down under most circumstances.

>What precautions do you have in place?
I have 3 rifles without about 2k rounds between them, about 1k 9mm rounds to share between 3 pistols. General plan would be to stock up on water and non perishables once we knew a storm was inbound followed shortly by liquor and smokes. Wife and I would each take a rifle and side arm and pretty much if I can't see you at night unless you smile you're getting blasted. I need to get a general medical kit as well as some MREs and water cleaning supplies. General expectation would be to hunker down for up to a week. In the even that they start Katrina style evacuations then all weapons would be hidden in a wall somewhere and I would leave. Ideally I would have left voluntarily before they started forcing door to door because I'm not a nigger and I have the financial means.

Blacks are not your friends. Never relax. People you don't recognize looking for help are not your friend, double if minority. Anyone knocking on your door should be told to fuck off at gunpoint. Be prepared to see a microcosm of what happens when all instructor breaks down. Minorities can express a savagery unknown to whites for the past few generations.

this one time this dude shit his pants in the elevator. i was look dude every man for himself this dude just shit his pants lol.

Instructor = infrastructure

Two stories
>be me, you youngin during Wilma in Florida
>power goes out
>living with mom and her roommate
>libshit women that dont believe in natural disasters in fucking FL
>mom buys 1 24ct case of zephyrhills for the 2 weeks power is out
>roommate panicked and cook literally all of the food in the fridge day 1 after storm because "muh bad food after 24hrs"
>thank publix jesus for reopening the 4th day with their generators

And last year during the other storm that threatened the SE Coast
>be me, newly 21
>cat 5 hurricane coming and we live in a ramshackle apt in downtown SAV
>fuckthisshitimout.mp3
>go to north GA without raifu because was noguns
>bring big fucking knoife
>come home to the city before curfew is lifted and watch niggers roaming from the front porch wishing I had a gat

Moral of the story. If you're a coastie, keep a crate of MREs and some gallons of water and some kind of gat and you'll be fine, but stay the fuck away from the trees. Too many people I knew are dead from falling or exploding trees.

florida man here

your hurricanes aint shit niggaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hey everyone its the legend!

Houstonian here. House didn't flood in Harvey since it's on a 3.5 foot raised foundation and there's a slope of about another 2 feet from the foundation down to the street. Water came right up to our steps though, and the current in the street was pretty strong, so we didn't have to worry about anyone coming by to break in.

Coolest part of it all was my granddad getting rescued by a boat, interviewed by a reporter on said boat, and swearing on live TV. He's a tough old guy, and I think the storm honestly made him cranky more than anything else.

I keep an old 870 wingmaster in the house for general defense, and that's what I would have used if someone tried to break in to loot.

As for advice, buy a generator. A small honda generator is relatively portable and will keep your food from spoiling when the power goes out (which it will).

Help your neighbors. I've got a couple inflatable kayaks and so when one of my neighbors had to flee because his house because it wasn't as high up as mine, I was able to paddle a few streets over to the hotel he evacuated to with dry clothes for him and food for his two dogs.

Keep a weapon in your home, understand that just making your presence known will deter 99% of looters (who want to steal without trouble, not get into a gunfight), protect your neighbors homes if you see someone breaking in, and when the water goes down, help people out.

The worst of times bring out the best in people, so if you're ever in a storm like Harvey, understand that you're far more likely to be helping rebuild than you are to be stopping crime.

New Zealand so no CC.

After the Feb 2011 earthquakes there was a shit ton more community spirit, people helping each other etc, the place got way safer.

There were a few bad eggs who got their loot on but a lot were caught. The ones who weren't handed to the cops got the crap kicked out of them by whoever was around, even charity workers would put the boot in.

Florida takes the full force so the rest of the country can actually survive the hurricanes most of the time.

>shtf
>too low populace to riot
>enough manual pump wells, farms, arms and knowledgeable people to revert 100 years and become village communities again
>lose power at worst, though I have some panels and more people are getting them

So basically things will stay the same here but with spotty electricity and commodity goods become more valuable/scarce. If anything we might be better off as this past winter was any indication, we lost power state wide twice and now people are looking to be more sustainable and community oriented in case of something worse.

God it feels good to not live in a shit hole. let's hear some more stories, these are great.

Nebraska Ice Storm, New Years 2007

What started as a blizzard kinda turned into a week long shitting on of freezing rain. Broke most all the big trees, downed hundreds of miles of power lines and folded over rows of these big mf'er in pict related. Most of the county was without power for at least a week to two. Some poor farmers when without for a month proper. I dont recall any looting. Hardly seen any mention in the national news either till the storm hit STL. Funny how theres nothing exciting about country folk helping each other but oh how they fretted for the city. tldr:
>make friends with farmers and handy men
>learn how to backfeed a generator into your breaker box
>have lots of fuel on hand if possible
>folks ran short of diesel running generators weeks on end
>some people did have their honda generators grow feet and wonder off

Attached: shits broke yo.jpg (640x480, 65K)

crazy shit! I think k I vaguely remember hearing about this.

Yeah, it was the gnarliest shit i seen
>pict related
>on everything

Attached: fuck.jpg (720x540, 69K)

Southerner here, is that 2 1/2 inches of ice off of wind chill alone?

Oh no my friend. The temps were in the teens to 20's F for about the whole month, and then you add the windchill. The New Years party i went to had candle light at least. Got home to a house that was in the mid 40s inside so i passed out in my arctic rated Carhartt on the couch

>be in rural white area
>hurricane maria comes through
>no electricity for 4 days.
>locals use their own chainsaws to clear roads
>local convenience store is running on generator
>get beer and mow the yard

I never once thought about grabbing a firearm- even though I'm prior service and have multiple AR's along with shotguns and handguns.

Life is different in a homogenous society....

Northern PA
spring floods knock out power for a week or two once every few years
life becomes better not so fast paced

>SW Florida
>Live in upper class area
>shit ton of hurricanes(Wilma, Charley ect)
>lost power for about 15 mins total
>tfw I have no real good stories
Just rode around with friends in their lifted LX or 4runner.

Attached: 1500309695156.jpg (1200x1600, 177K)

>

Attached: wanttobelieve.jpg (810x1089, 173K)

people talk a lot about roof koreans but a lot of other korean households in los angeles also followed suit and purchased firearms, funny thing is theyd ultimately be used by their son turned faggot korean gangbanger

Pittsburgh user

>hurrican ivan flooding
>going home from work
>road was flooded,
>saw the lights of police car just sticking out of water
>cop tried to drive through
>moron
>take the back way bunch of trees across road
>try the other back way water was at roof of building at the bottom, trapped between two flooded valleys over night.
>next day I was helping neighbors in low area all got flooded out good
>some enterprising basketball americans could help "clean up" by looting 2nd floors while we where pumping basements and shoveling out kitches.
>two had to get a ambulance
>'slipped in the mud'
>'fell'

>pittsburgh 2010 blizzard
>had 21" in my driveway
>had six BIG spruce trees come down
>had no power for 6 days
>couldnt get generator started
>remember to turn off fuel and get ethanol free gas for storage!
>gas/wood steam radiator heat
>had to run thermostat and gas solenoid off of batteries, was 24v system thankfully
>jerry right snow blower to ATV
>go see aunt/grandfather
>set up his generator, nice inverter gen
>get call by aunt 30mins later
>white trash and niggs in her garage
>Try to steal his snowblower/generator
>Run back over, they run out back
>old pittsburgh stairs, more like ladder
>first trips gets leg stuck in railing, leg broke
>second falls on him, first leg now really broke
>second knocked out
>took almost 2 hours for cops

Big if huge

Attached: 56FEA5B2-483C-4482-92D2-902FDC3C7293.jpg (653x491, 292K)

> Rochester NY
> (((Race riot))) of 1964 (nigs chimp out after a boy in blue tries to stop a coon from beating his baby momma wry a block party)
> live one block away from from the shipping block they burner to the ground

Anyway, my WWII dad, woke as fuck calls me from a pay phone, tells me he's downtown, and to get his 30-06 Springfield and my Ithaca ready, he's about to rush home. Basically,
> proceed to be Clint Eastwood from Grand Torino for the next three days got our place and two neighbors.

Afterwards, want to move, but our place is now worth even less hidden what happened.

I bet you live on the north shore, aka too poor to live uptown.

No niggers = no problems

How fucking old are you m8.

lmao the poor shore isn't greater new Orleans retard and uptown is either million dollar homes or hipsters eeking out a living in run down rentals. How's little Mexitry treating you?

I know, 54 years ago, I was 15 or 16 at the time, I turn seventy this year :(

Don't be sad m8, many don't make it that far in the race. At least you got to experience one of the golden eras.

Blessed literal old fag.
Stay frosty man if indeed true warms my heart real old kommandos areally a thing.

Hello follow best Jow Forumsarolinians would you be interested in joining the official SC Jow Forums discord? discord.gg/hhGEV4

Fuck off, we're full.

>>What do you CC during such events in your area?
Nothing since I couldn't legally do it.
>>What precautions do you have in place?
Sandbags, moving to a place that doesn't flood anymore.
>>What advice do you have for others?
Don't live in Houston.

Hipsters live in the bywater you blockhead

I live in an unincorporated area of galveston county, adjacent to Dickinson. When Harvey hit, Dickinson got obliterated, but despite being right near them nothing happened to us. I know all our neighbors (gf and I live in a two story town house together, so we're all close) mostly drank tea and watched the rainfall in comfy clothes. The times where I'd get cabin fever and needed to get out I'd throw my poncho on and my P01 which I EDC anyways and go visit the neighbors, who also all have guns and and we'd talk and drink beer. I work at a local brewery and so my fridge is stocked as fuck, the last night we all got together and drank a ton as a neighborhood.

I have ARs and whatnot, gear left over from my Army days and equipment from camping and our hurricane kit, but fortunately the storm was our best defense because there was no way any shitty characters could get to us through the flood. We were essentially isolated, but knowing your neighbors goes a long way towards not having problems.

>Lives in Houston
>couldn't legally do it.

What did you do?

Uhhh they live in both. There is no exclusive faggot containment zone other than where you're at.

You got jokes. You all pissy because you’re missing out at jazz fest?

Fuck Jazz fest. I'm pissy because I wanted Bud's to ship my pistol before yesterday, now I have to wait until the later half of next week to go break it in. Where you at anyways? Where do you shoot around here?

No we are not I am the owner we have plenty of space in the discord

Midcity, up by canal and city park ave. I either go to Jefferson gun outlet because it has A/C or the spillway out by Norco. There’s a good range in chalmette also

Oh god I was in Jefferson yesterday and had to experience "AYO YOU GOT DEM STENDO CLIPS FOH DA GLOCK? DEM AY KAYS RUSSIAN DAWG?" I could see the pain in the eyes of the guy behind the counter.

What's in Norco? Private land? I've been going out to Nick's Shooting Range out further down airline for rifles but it's only 100 yards. Next farther place I know of is out in fucking Lafouche at the Sheriff's range.

oh and did you hear, Big Lee got blasted this morning. You know, the guy with the obnoxious LSU truck off Bonnabel who apparently raped women he picked up for tow business.

Attached: Big Reeeee.jpg (540x960, 54K)

Yeah I feel bad for those guys who work there, they’re nice enough for gun shop employees. I go out to the bonet Carrie spillway. It’s a little tricky to get in but I always go through here
30.0211444 -90.4480308
It’s pretty clutch and they filmed the show true detective all in there

Yeah I saw that. What a shame, I always liked driving by his house and seeing the trump signs and his big ass f250
F

During the Baltimore riots, my friend asked me and our other friends to into Canton to guard his step brothers store. I get home from work, where I had been watching it on the news and reading friends facebook posts, and I get my plate carrier and BOB and the rest of my kit ready. I see a picture on my feed from one of my friends who literally took a picture of the fires being set in the night from her house. I'm getting kinda serious and nervous because I live like 20 minutes outside of Baltimore and I'm talking with my friend and he mentions that his band mates, who are black and live in a pretty bad area, might need somewhere to stay.
So in my mind, I'm about to drive into one of the most violent cities in the country, hope to not get stopped by the cops, protect a store from a mob of dindus and protect some friends and their kids.
But then all of the sudden my friend says his step brother, a liberal yuppie (nice guy though), said he didn't want anyone at the store because he values life more than property.
Now, I agree, but obviously that's a false dichotomy. But it's not up to me so I let it be.
I prayed for my friends step brother and band mates. And everyone ended up just fine and the store was the only one on the block that didn't get looted.
So at the end of the day, it worked out for them, and I didn't have to put myself in a position where I was risking my life.

Attached: baltimore-riot-pol_3283102k.jpg (858x536, 244K)

Nothing to be sad about living a full life.

you're still a newfag

No, go away

also lives in rochester ny. Every summer people go crazy and shoot others just for fun it seems.

>seventy
gib wisdom

Either of you two guys got any NOLA recommendations for a Galveston man? I'm likely going to UNO in a year for grad school, I have family in Luling but I'll likely stay in the city for class. Anywhere a white guy with some VA disability checks and student money should live/shoot/drink?

St Bernard nigga here
We basically got the fuck out of dodge the day of the storm because my dad had to stay as long as possible (supervisor of steam plant for a hospital)
Our house was almost totally destroyed but while we were rebuilding, some nig nogs thought nobody was home and tried to break in to steal shit from the half built house. No guns but I would imagine having a pneumatic saw pointed at you is just as good.

Range in chalmette is overpriced, but the staff are cool.

LMAO dude my Vietnam vet grandpa lives like 30 seconds from his house. The story of how/why he got banged up was so funny

Lived in NYC in a college dorm during Sandy, literally just drank for 4 days straight.

zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16627
this is the one of the best things you can read on the subject of surviving a SHTF. guy goes VERY in depth on the subject and answers a lot of questions. also he's continued posting over the years about some of the events of katrina that lead to lawsuits that got settled recently. real interesting stuff.

>Savannah
Mah nigga! Sandfly checking in

Raptor is the best story for Katrina I've come across. No larping, or any bullshit from what I can gather.

Do you not have wood heat?

UNO is nice but stay outta the east, that place is a gangland warzone. It’s still fucked from Katrina and the killing season is right around the corner

Yeah haha Big Lee squirted the guys truck with his water hose and then got himself hosed

Hipsters are everywhere in NOLA now. Fucking shits are making the rent go up. Now everyone wants to "get a little piece of New Orleans." Fuck off we're full. I can't wait for the next hurricane to come and push the transplants outta here
Also beaucoup NOLAfags ITT

Someone should put a statue of the man who killed big lee in Lee circle

I’m currently at UNO for engineering while living in Slidell and commuting. I’m a Louisiana resident but I actually went to Texas A&M at Galveston for 3 semesters before transferring.

For shooting join Mississippi Combat Training Academy. You can shoot 24/7. It’s a great place but 200yds max. Love on the Northshore of the lake if you can.
I’m not a drinker so I can’t help with that last one.

Anything specific?

Flush carb with kerosene before storage.
No detergents or other additives to leave deposits after they evaporate and won't damage anything.

Avenue pub on St. Charles. It’s where all of the off duty cops, nurses and paramedics drink at. It’s a 24/7 bar and a ton of film people hang out there also

Not 21.

Why did you link my post you fucking subhuman

What's student life there like? I'm graduating U. Houston next semester and UNO is my most likely school.

I've been to Avenue, good times. Been to Urban South yet? I'm a big craft beer nerd.

>Dont bother anyone or talk to anyone.
Naw, that's bullshit. You want to be careful, of course, but you'll need more hands in any serious disaster that lasts longer than a week.

Plan your resources for minimum 72 hours, that's the bare min time before you should expect any serious deployment of resources, and often you'll want to hold out for a few days after resource deployment due to long lines or strange requirements like forced evacuation .

If at all possible, consider a castle doctrine. Stockpile your aid, food, water, etc and materials to harden up your home. Get some guns, use common calibers, and keep more ammo than you need because that shit will trade as good as food

Attached: Guza and I walk in downtown new orleans.jpg (2272x1704, 1.21M)

O mein neger. Wanna camp out with me and a fellow Jow Forumsommando or 2 during the next hurricane? The weather nerds are predicting another bad year, so I'm predicting a good year of basketball hunting :^)