Best NATO troops

Putting nationalism aside, which country has the best basic infantry overall in NATO?

Attached: nato troops.jpg (474x256, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q1vCe3BAnws
youtube.com/watch?v=qjiCMyqaROw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Britain or Canada.

My top 5 is probably:

U.S. (not just because I love 'Merica) due to having more experience with actual fighting.

Canada (see above)

UK (Famous/Notorious for making good soldiers up until recently.)

Poland (KURWA)

France (actually have more realistic experience than Germany due to fucking around in Africa for years.)

>up until recently
what happened?

youtu.be/Q1vCe3BAnws

Granted, the U.S. has started doing some of the same shit. But not on this level. You can find all the UK's fairly sad and embarassing recruitment videos on YT. This is the LEAST retarded one.

>Canada
Can any non-Canadian NATO troops who have worked with Canadian forces confirm or dispel these rumours? I want to have faith in our military, but I just don't see how it could compete with the training of a nation like the US, UK, or France, being as chronically underfunded as it is.

The Canadians have always done pretty well with what they had. They performed better than anyone expected in the Middle East back in the early 2000's.

Canadian Special Forces are also pretty gud. They get in and out...and all the enemy knows is that they could smell maple syrup before all hell broke loose.

Canada

t. RCD

>condemning the quality of the troops because the recruitment ads don't look like CoD commercials

Attached: warning.gif (100x100, 17K)

We do the same stuff my guy, i dont think PR bullshit actually affects military preformance. Bong military is doing just fine imho.

Attached: 1497577166350.jpg (500x500, 32K)

>I don't like their recruitment ad
So what effect does this have on US troops?

Attached: 1525173267085.jpg (880x587, 142K)

The difference is in the US army if you stopped mid mission to fuckimg kneel and pray your squad mates would ask you wtf you are doing and you would probably get fucked up for doing such dumb shit in the field.

Except you seem to be implying that shit actually happens in the British Army at all. Because it doesn't.

Okay drag queen

Basic infantry. Hm. That's a tough one.

I have to put the US first. Just because there's only so much training you can get in the short amount of time you're in basic training. A lot of our active duty infantry grew up shooting guns and camping. Most Nato countries are noguns so that's the biggest advantage right there.

From there I'm going to say
Canada (also gun "friendly")
UK
Germany
France (only so low because their technology is outdated.)

These are (((college))) ROTC Cadets not active duty troops

I'd have to guess Britain.
In 20 years the US militaty will be brazil tier. Mark my words. Except there will be a lot of multi-billion dollar tech sitting around collecting dust because brown people can't into advanced technology.

Fuck i didnt even know the british army did anything besides pander to muslims and patrol a pacified Afghan province once a month.

Attached: methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_0b90db38-f891-11e7-af66-6e848ca65d7a.jpg (685x385, 46K)

comparing US soldiers to another NATO country's is like asking who's a better boxer, Floyd Mayweather or Ricardo Merritt

This. Canadian infantry soldiers are trained to relative parity of US Marines

Also based on recent NATO maneuvers. The Americans got owned pretty hard.

>Poland
>Literal 1940s Soviet Era training and barely better equipment

Oh you.

Mine

yeah, they did so well in afghanistan they got told to just pack their shit up and leave

To mediocre light infantry standards? Wow.

>Poland
>barely literate conscripts
>mechanized infantry riding around in BMP-1s
Based subhuman slavs!

>US marines
>mediocre
Vlad plz

they literally are

poland obviously you fucking yank mutts

>British
>French
>Pooland
In this order.

>burgers on the burger board to say anything other than burgers
The actual answer is probably the brits. Since they're an island power throughout their entire history their army has had to be a small and highly professional one. They notoriously punch above their weight despite being fucked over by their political class at home. I think I read something about them holding chunks of Afghanistan with companies that were later held by battalions.

>burgers on the burger board to say anything other than burgers
I guarantee you every poster in this thread who said Poland is American, and has never left North America, or served in the military.

i think france is up there

france actually deploys and does a lot of shit that doesnt make the news often. And they do it very quickly and efficiently

Attached: 1524246391519.jpg (419x283, 22K)

and

Attached: 1525425812881.jpg (548x698, 115K)

and this

Attached: 1524891537456.jpg (800x600, 118K)

lmao
Yeah the UK and France have relative parity in most areas, I would argue that the ingrained historical importance of moulding a small yet well-trained army probably means the brits squeak this one though.

>pacified Afghan province
Helmand? The most dangerous and hostile province in Afghanistan? The one the Brits run, and have been since 2000?

The same one where the US said "Nah fuck that, you can handle it"? The same province where areas were controlled by a platoon of british troops, only to then have a company of US troops to take over, and make the entire place even worse?

the utter state of 56%ers

Attached: images[1].jpg (298x169, 8K)

bongs, frogs, maybe canucks

Attached: 1516929713736.jpg (640x901, 81K)

co ty kurwo pierdolisz?

if you want to see just how highly skilled, calm, collected and well trained u.s infantry are, simply watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjiCMyqaROw

>Germany
Its not 1940 anymore.
And sadly, it only gets worse each year.

Attached: 1524771716966.jpg (600x530, 20K)

The UK probably.

Lithuanian armed forces

She's cute, pity about her god awful attitude

>guy at the end all most blows his foot off as they run away
>they kill the dog trying while trying to level the house

jesus christ that video is comical

Nigger, are you a nigger?

oh god
>THE FEW THE PROUD

It's threads like these which really bring out the LARPers who have never served a day in their lives. Absolutely hilarious answers given.

t. served in a European military

Which one?

Turkey

Which answer? 90-95% of them, honestly. Absolutely comical shit.

LOL

hahahahahaha

Attached: FAAB449C-6D61-4F76-8DC3-A8D260644425-20246-00001AAC791FC3BB.jpg (320x283, 42K)

>look at rank
Wow. Litterally retarded college s0ib0iz larping as soldiers after they did a 2 week boyscout canpout to get Uncle Sam to pay for college.
I hated dealing with cadets. Fucking tards

Attached: C462A2BF-BF87-43C8-AA17-132E6B209C1D-256-0000006371BAFE56.png (467x400, 102K)

The virgin needs to trim his fucking fingernails

Attached: 1524890135919.jpg (634x810, 104K)

>she cute
This has to be B8

Attached: 174E7ED3-7778-43DF-84E3-8A6BE3065F4D-19641-000019C4879044CD.jpg (447x456, 46K)

Were you guys actually trained to put your Leopard 2 tanks into stationary positions for weeks?

Or is that a result of Erdogan getting rid of the military elite to replace them with loyal monkeys?

You said european

>only military branch that shoots at 500M
>only branch to train everyone in infantry tactics
>mediocre
Vatniks got utterly rekt in Grozny, so much so you had to carpet bomb your own people just to kill a few Muslims.

Just Army in its natural habitat.

Stupid Russian propaganda
They definitely said No Homo before this (((picture))) was taken

They couldn't. He was comparing quality of Canadian infantry, which while high, means fuck all in an actual modern war. Canada has one of the lowest military budgets in NATO, so their pilots get fewer flight hours. They have fewer and older planes. They have 40 Leapord 2A6Ms and 80 2A4s. These are also kept in a lower level of readiness due to funding. Their condition of their navy is...bleak. For most of its recent history, Canada has relied on their proximity to the United States to ensure they aren't threatened. Without them, Canada simply doesn't have the resources to defend their huge territory in any sort of effective capacity.

Except the US relies on overwhelming support assets and air assets, hence why US infantry is fairly mediocre. Smaller NATO nations like the UK and France have a reputation for putting out quality infantry because they dont have the same overwhelming amount of support or manpower to draw from.
Also, the UK has had troops deployed and fighting overseas every year for over a century, bar maybe a few years. This means the vast majority of their NCOs are veterans and their skills are top notch and relevant. With the US, you have a lot more forces, and while there were more forces deployed you dont get the same saturation of experience as you do in the smaller UK forces.

>Dog running into frame confused as fuck
Does every village just have one of those dogs or something?

>turkey
>european

Attached: r-9XvvafddE.jpg (918x960, 190K)

This. To clarify, it was the 3 Para battlegroup in Helmand in '06, and with less than 2 thousand combat troops they held an area half the size of england, and the same area later took tens of thousands of coalition troops to hold. They also held towns with single platoons that later needed a company or battalion to hold.

They also BTFO the taliban so hard they had to recruit a lot more from Pakistan instead of the local area, hence where the term 'ten dollar taliban' came from.

> turkey
> thinking that theyre better than British, French or Canadians
> the reality when theyre basically arab tier

SEETHING

Fuckers can't even into coup d'etat anymore
They got played hard by literal muslim Hitler

Not european try again.

And which army you belong to?

Probably goes;
>USA
>France
>Turkey
>UK
*power gap*
>everybody else
None of the other have any combat experience so they're irrelevant.

>Turkey above UK
>Turkey above Germany, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Poland
>None of the other have any combat experience so they're irrelevant.
Who fought in Iraq & Afghanistan for your sake, chump?

>>Turkey above UK
>>Turkey above Germany, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Poland
Why would any of those countries be above Turkey?

UK you could argue but we're talking about basic bitch infantry here, not airforce or the like.

Germany's army is weak as fuck, lack of equipment, lack of spare parts and soldiers lacking ammunition when training.

>Denmark, Norway, Canada
Why would feminized militaries who put more emphasis about having co-ed military units than the actual effectiveness about military units be better than a bog-standard army?

>poland
why would poland be ranked better?

>Who fought in Iraq & Afghanistan for your sake, chump?
American soldiers, European armies hardly pulled their own weight. The Italians even bribed the Taliban protection money.

Because they all perform better on-field than the turkist army?

The only thing the turks got over them is logistics. Individual training and squad tactics are piss fucking poor.

>American soldiers, European armies hardly pulled their own weight. The Italians even bribed the Taliban protection money.
Americans handled the logistics, but american soldiers didn't pull their cost vs result ratio compared to the european counterparts.

You drink too much memes, kiddo.

> turkish arab tier infantry are better than British infantry

Whatever youre smoking I want some. Also Brits have more combat experience, save a few frenchies slotting floppies in africa or doing propaganda stunts.

Would fug desu

Hard to tell, if we exclude air support and what not I would say France, Croatia and Sweden.

France have a very professional attitude and a lot of combat experience in Africa (i think they're still in Mali for example)

Croatia might be an odd choice but their performance during the Croatian War of Independence was extremely impressive considering their armaments and training. The two operations (Storm and Lightning) impressed NATO officers to a point that the operations are taught to this day in officer academies around the world. The results were better than NATO standards at the time (minimal civilian casualties for example).

Sweden, served in the Försvarsmakten and I can tell ya, no one performs as good as the Swedish infantry during competition and training. Trained during Aurora 17 so I saw it first-hand but It's hard to compare.
BTW I'm Swedish so yeah, i'm probably biased
>inb4 Ahmed or being cucked by Ahmed

> european armies hardly pulled their own weight
> brits held areas with platoons that later required companies or battalions of americans

Wut. Read up on british deployments in 2006, they performed excellently, and despite being massively stretched thin still managed to send a couple platoons to go save some americans.

Talk about swedish troops, what are the training of the homeguards?

Enlisted are just as retarded but with better training.

> swedes
> little to no recent combat experience

> aurora 17
> defensive exercise in your own country, on your own turf
Thats like saying Estonia has the best infantry in all of Europe because they do well in exercises. As decent as sweden is, I wouldnt count an exercise as being a defining factor as to whether they are the best infantry in NATO, purely because they have so little combat experience.

The basics. GMU (boot camp) is 12 weeks and then you get a 1 month Befattningsutbildning which is honestly more like a course in military standards.

They are honestly more of a well-trained militia.

Hi 1980s, 2018 called to tell you to fuck off.

Homeguards are militia in the first place so I guess it makes sense?

Woah, easy there, bucko.

I wasn't just referring to Aurora but also the multiple competitions that Sweden and a shit ton of other countries participate in. For example the one where the Swedish Coast guard bested the Navy Seals (which isn't infantry but I hope you get what I mean).

Sweden has so far performed well in training with NATO and non-NATO troops. I believe their performance in real combat would be above-average at worst.

say it to my face kid

Attached: GIGN1994.jpg (800x567, 460K)

>everything i know about other countries i learned from Jow Forums memes

Not really, originally they were but during the Cold War (I think) they got reorganised under the Totalförsvaret as a reserve for the army.

What I meant was that their training is probably sub-par compared to other National Guards. How is it in your country? I have never really compared Hemvärnet with any other home guard, most of the reservists are a bunch of nerds who want to play war but not actually dedicate their life to the military which is a smart thing considering you can't live on a soldiers pay here. I mean you have to fucking pay for the food and the barracks and the government is closing barracks left and right which forces soldiers to find actual apartments which is way too costly most of the time.

Also dedication to the military often means you have to wörk and live in Boden which is in the far north.

>european military
>turkey

Attached: IMG_3527.jpg (540x511, 63K)

Attached: e64.png (960x638, 1.19M)

Attached: 1502741473550.jpg (1032x1600, 419K)

From what I've heard from the people who've trained me, the best trained and most competent soldiers tend to be, believe me or not, people who have little or no experience with firearms, especially women.
The military doesn't give a fuck about your prior experience shooting yotes in the prairies, what they want is a blank slate they can teach doctrine to without having to deal with stubbornness and wasting time redressing bad habits that most civilian shooters form.

>especially women
Whoever told you that is a massive idiot, and a faggot to booth.

>not 12e blindé

all of you dumb fucking perkeles forget aobut the norther suomi powerhouse. un fuckin believable finland is the best military of all NATO we would have bigger dick than american puss pusses and we fuck russia's gey mum too

- a suomi

Attached: aweapontosurpassmetalgear.jpg (900x665, 76K)

> competitions & training
Again, because Estonia does well in those also, surely that means theyre some of the best infantry in europe?
> coast guard beat seals in a competition
I know a signals guy who outshot an SAS guy at a pistol range, does that mean signals are better than the SAS?

Again, bucko, im not knocking sweden, you guys are decent. But to say that you would out perform the big boys of NATO and their infantry with multitudes of combat experience, based on the outcome of some competitions, is a fallacy.