Thinking of getting a 1911 for my little brother's birthday (25) since i brought him out shooting a couple times...

thinking of getting a 1911 for my little brother's birthday (25) since i brought him out shooting a couple times. its his first gun and i wanted it to be american. opinions?

Attached: colt-1911-a1-model-goverment-pistol-3d-model-obj-dxf-stl-dwg-skp-ige-igs-iges.png (676x380, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danwessonfirearms.com/product/tcp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>first gun
>want to buy American

You know what you have to do.

Attached: memeblasta.jpg (1350x900, 162K)

kek

Attached: 1491586913460.png (973x994, 294K)

I know its not american but I have a Llama Max 1 and I fucking love that gun. It eats everything and it was sub $400.

As far as american, basically youre pooking at Wilson Combat, C*lt and rustington. Those are off the top of my head.

400 dollarydoos sounds like a good price

Auto Ordinance is US made and pretty similar in price, couldn't tell you a thing about quality though.

Get him a glock instead.

Oh yeah. I havent heard anything about them eother though.

I paid 350 for mine. But im sure you can find them for close to the same price point

Attached: 20170722_130230.jpg (4032x3024, 3.58M)

not op but arent glocks for black gang members?

I have a parkerized AO and the quality is pretty good but the trigger is kind of meh

danwessonfirearms.com/product/tcp/

Attached: dan-wesson-tcp-45-acp-1846-l[1].png (1200x900, 289K)

they call every black handgun a glock.
if it has an extended magazine its a glock 30.

>not op but arent glocks for black gang members?
>Inexpensive, reliable, lightweight, accurate, rugged, simple to operate, easily concealed while still amazingly comfortable to shoot, brilliant modern design.

Really the only confusing thing here is why don't more people carry glock?
OP, anything less than a glock means you hate your little brother and want him to die fiddling with a shitty relic of a handgun should he ever find himself in need of defending himself.

it's a solid choice op. just try to stick with a non-shit brand. for starters i would suggest maybe one of these (in no particular order) -
Colt,
Auto-Ordinance,
Rock Island Armory,
Remington

Don't you have some trucks to jump out of?

Attached: Yeager.jpg (640x960, 94K)

>glocknade
Go take your Tupperware elsewhere

>i wanted it to be american
vanity over practicality. you're an abuse of the second amendment. you're the kind of fudd who uses his CCL to run towards danger rather than flee to safety

>Remington
is there a verdict on their 1911s? It seems to bounce between "good because it's old Para" and "terrible because it's new Remington"
Their enhanced models are under $600 and I'm wondering what the catches are.

idk i just recall hearing good things about the Remington R1 1911s. But i have no direct experience with them so i don't know if there is a particular vintage or year of manufacture to avoid or not.

A Ruger 1911 is probably your best bet. Gonna be maybe $650ish...I think.

The dude looks like a fucking faggot.

OP you should be able to find a used Colt or Auto Ordinance for $600 or less. probly less for the AO

I bought a used Springfield Armory 1911 about a month ago, probably 700 rounds deep it has failed to eject twice

Get him a Police Positive instead of a gun so thoroughly rimmed by manufacturers it's become the de facto overhyped semi

Who is Smith & Wesson?

Is Rock Island Armory not American?

Filipino

somebody might have the 1911 tier list but basically
>custom tier
Ed Brown, Les Baer, night hawk, wilson combat. I wouldnt get him one of these though, if its his first and you dont want to spend close to 2 grand on a present. Unless he;s a really good brother

>high teir
Colt, Smith and wesson, Springfield, Remington, Sig sauer (not a real 1911 though), and ruger

>low, but ok teir
RIA, Taurus (I shit you not), tisas, Para ordnance, some Kimbers

I would stay in the mid tiers and play it safe. Also get a basic GI model and he can upgrade it if he wants. It might even be a fun project for the two of you

Attached: colt series 70 1911.jpg (640x430, 54K)

>not a real 1911 though
Why's that?

Get him one of Auto Ordinance’s offerings.

This! Been eyeballing a Sig Nightmare Carry at my lgs

Its really a purist thing. They look like frankestien 1911s to me with the p226 type slide on a 1911 frame.Plus, external extractor vs internal, which is what the standard 1911s have

They are great, dont get me wrong, but They dont have the same 1911 vibe. Like a an Arex isnt a real sig

Attached: colt 1911 ivory.jpg (900x675, 401K)

hencho en Chine!

Attached: 2015-12-20 00.25.04.jpg (2592x1944, 1.3M)

Yeah, I've had a lot of people recommend Sigs to me as a first 1911 but I can't get over the fact that it has that weird P226 scalloping to it that ruins the 1911s lines.

Buck Angel was a pmc guy in iraq

Can a woman be a faggot?