What is the greatest 9mm pistol of all time and why is it the Beretta 92 series?

What is the greatest 9mm pistol of all time and why is it the Beretta 92 series?

Attached: 32B3AFF9-AC6D-44F7-8A98-905317EC39CB.jpg (840x580, 82K)

>better than Spring Field XD9
0/10

The 92 is the greatest handgun ever made. it is reliable, well built, all metal, has a large capacity, uses the best overall handgun caliber, and is smoother than silk to operate.

>XD
kys

>Beretta 92
That's not how you spell CZ-75. Literally the gun that John Browning intended to make.

Attached: 1525663751921.jpg (786x720, 139K)

The cz75 is good too but Beretta is better. Mainly because is is more reliable due to the shallower feed ramp and unobstructed ejection port.

>CZ-75
>CZ

Attached: hahahaha.jpg (375x375, 23K)

>CZ
CZ is Czech for American you fucking inbred retard monkey.

Attached: 1509140599391.jpg (901x1200, 170K)

>Cz 75 SP-01
Ftfy

Attached: 1500433821500.jpg (600x469, 66K)

The slide feels like it rides on glass
The trigger can be amazing while remaining reliable
It is aesthetic
Good aftermarket support
Very minimal recoil impulse
18+1 capacity F L U S H
Can now convert all FS models to G models with a $50 part

Attached: Wilson-Combat-92G-Centurion-.jpg (770x514, 55K)

>niggers

That's not a West German Sig P226

Is it really all that? I've been contemplating on getting one.

Attached: 1506812642120.png (783x680, 1.03M)

>CZ is Czech for American you fucking inbred retard monkey.
"Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod (ČZUB) (English: Czech Arms Factory) is a Czech firearms manufacturer."

even if you were not retarded and it was a real correction it would have been meaningless as the poster is clearly referring to the gun company. You are obviously a degenerate fucking communists who loves niggers so this will be our last communication unless you want to come on a helicopter ride with me.

because Jill is master of sandwich makin

Come on guys. We all know the answer to this question, and we all know you're going to hate it. You can't name a more influential pistol design that has shaped our current new gun industry in the way that the Glock 17 has. Yes, the Beretta 92 and CZ-75 are great designs, but the Glock 17 will forever be known as the greatest defensive handgun ever made.

I think for striker fired pistols you are correct. But for DA/SA I think Beretta is the best

>Stamped sheet metal
>Shit trigger pull (although if you upgrade it to the modern SRT system +/- a Bruce gray trigger it does get better but still not worked on Beretta good)
>Dropping hammer spring weight at all makes you prone to light strikes while the Beretta has lots of room to move down
>Notorious for poorly placed controls
>Has one of the highest bore axis amongst any modern pistol

Attached: 1525553235866.jpg (566x480, 35K)

Unequivocally the best. One day I'll have my grandpa's one from the 90s, and then I'll be happy.

fuck off wgws

Why do more people not have 92fs centurions? IMO it's the best version of the 92 series. One of the main complaints of the 92 is that its slide is too long. Centurion is glock 19 size with a full size grip. Plus its aesthetic.

NeverGlock faggot spotted.

*Ahem

Attached: image447205-9aff57f0e1da0127f50b520717e8e583.jpg (590x443, 36K)

Glocks feel like shit to shoot compared to a 92

It's up there. It loses points in my book for being non-conducive to concealed carry and having a very meh trigger. The gun is retarded reliable and does indeed have the smoothest action of any handgun ever produced.

Attached: 3466843ry6gty541sd63g541dg6f.jpg (1762x1496, 910K)

>Upside down slide mounted safety

Hoooooly shit Italy you fucked up.

This seems to be the right place to ask. What's the different between the 92, 92FS, M9, M9A1, 90-Two, etc.?

Generally differences in the safety/decocker or the addition of a light rail.

I've never personally had issue with the safety, what are peoples complaints about it?

Reportan

Attached: D644015A-9E62-41DA-9B3F-AC26CA5C5AAE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.54M)

They complain that you can inadvertently switch the safety to the on position when overhand racking it. Of course, this is user error because they are trying to use it like a Glock and then bitching about it

How in the fuck do you accidentally hit the safety on it?
You can rack the fucking thing WITH the safety, its not a sensitive toggle.

Because Walther laid the groundwork.

>9mm

Attached: 1518927113957.jpg (500x557, 18K)

I have personally never done this

>plastic
BWHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: NOW.png (680x742, 776K)

Tuperware guns used exclusively by niggers or people who shoot said niggers.

It's not a widely made model and just recently did they reintroduce one to the lineup (and the new one happens to be around $1300)

I don't think the other models need shorter slides but variety is always nice

>not the 93R

Attached: 1519890513910.jpg (1600x1162, 608K)

Glock 17.

Yes, and that's because glocks are objectively the best handguns, when you consider all factors.
>Light
>Huge aftermarket
>Stupid reliable
>Meh pricepoint
>extremely tough and reliable
>Average mag capacity
>Most customizable handgun ever
>No manual safety (good for defensive carry)
I like the beretta design, and would really like to own one, but you would have to be delusional to think the glock isn't objectively the superior handgun on the market

You are a man of shit taste.

Attached: 1521815770511.gif (292x222, 1.65M)

>Gun so shit you need aftermarket parts to fix it
>No manual safety
>Polymer hand-grenade

Nice thing about plastics is they don't rust.

look, i like the beretta. I really do

but can you honestly say it's even close?

Attached: h best smex.jpg (600x400, 108K)

>Gun so shit you need aftermarket parts to fix it
More like, they exist so you can taylor the gun to your taste/usage. Even a stock glock is fine in most cases.
>No manual safety
Enjoy getting fucking domed, when your thumb can't flick off a safety fast enough. Face it, manual safeties are not needed in most cases, assuming a proper holster is used.
>Polymer hand-grenade
Thats a meme that was solved years ago.
When used in a handgun frame, polymer does everything steel does, and is lighter

Overall I like this over the service pistol at the prison G17. Also that G-conversion kit is fucking amazing to have.

Attached: IMG_20180404_153445.jpg (3668x2157, 4M)

Ironically the Taurus version of the Barrett’s is better. Frame safety and can be carried condition 1.

>Light
Give it that

>Huge aftermarket
The 92 also have a huge aftermarket

>Stupid reliable
Same

>Meh pricepoint
Same

>extremely tough and reliable
Same

>Average mag capacity
18rd flush so average

>Most customizable handgun ever
Doubt it

>No manual safety (good for defensive carry)
G-conversion kit solves this for those who do not like safetys.

The Beretta 92 is a wonderful and damn good pistol desgin and proved it self for years in the hand of police and military personnel. While yes it is heavy , it's a damn full size handgun , and it has big grips it shoots alot smoother to me than a glock does. Honestly any good quality handgun will work long as it fits the person and to me a Beretta fits alot better than a glock ever will.

>Enjoy getting fucking domed
Enjoy getting glocklegged

>Using a proper holster, and not being a dumbass when reholstering
>glockleg
Pick one

Glocks are less reliable than a 92

Recommendations for a good after market trigger?

Attached: Beretta Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical.jpg (1980x1000, 364K)

Objectively. A Glock is as reliable as any handgun needs to be. If the 92 outdoes it in certain areas that's just icing on a cake that has 10 pounds of icing on it. If the Beretta 92 was the better handgun, why are the majority of police agencies issuing Glocks? Inb4 muh price point. Plenty of agencies issue HK's, Sig's, and Beretta's. But they're not nearly as common as Glock. Face it. Glock makes the best 9mm pistol of all time.

Glock has huge discounts for LEOs.

>hurr durr if muh LEO uses it obviously its the best in the world
Retard

Leo use the 40 Not the 9mm

The police pay about $420 vs $570 for everyone else for their new glocks.

Can attest that they give huge Leo discounts. Before the glock our facility had gp100s ( it's a prison ) and then we switched to glocks for a few factors; Easier for mantience so our armorer doesn't work so long cleaning and fixing easily broken parts , no safety so we don't have to train people how to use and not use safety , the LEO discount for us was if I remember 200 per pistol and glock armorer courses are cheaper , take less time , and more available than Beretta courses.

any glock would outlast a 92, they really arent particularly durable guns

Attached: brokenberettalb-1.jpg (900x600, 112K)

That's just not true. Agencies probably pay between 200-300 for Glock's depending on their order volume. I can buy a blue label Glock for anywhere from 350 to 500 dollars depending on the model (34 40 41 and MOS varieties being most expensive.) That's not the point though. The point is that it's clearly the better pistol. Weight / size / capacity, reliability, durability, ease of training armorers, cost of replacement parts, total service life cost, ease of training, modularity. Not to mention dirt cheap cost. It all points to Glock as the winner. Sorry Beretta boys, but you have to face the facts sometime.

Oh noes! Muh locking block! What ever shall i do? Oh wait its a fucking $35 dollar piece. Compared to pic related incoming. I once heard that the difference between beretta failures and glock failures is that when a beretta fails, its typically an easy fix or minor failure compared to glocks that literally explode in your hand.

Attached: F4F25A87-5077-4490-9A07-1B11C0200B97.png (750x1334, 525K)

Attached: A7111E40-0476-4028-9E40-F6F604289392.jpg (480x480, 81K)

The Beretta may be objectively more reliable than the Glock but I doubt there's a pistol that can beat the raw durability of a Glock. They just don't break that often. When they do, it's generally not catastrophic. I know they've had some problems with the .40's in the past with excessive wear but that's a problem with the caliber being too hot for the frame that was designed around a 9mm. And since we're talking about 9mm's only in this thread, Glock wins.

I call bullshit. I'm guessing most of these were improper hand loads. With the 19 being the most popular pistol sold these days it's only a matter of time before dumbasses do something retarded like load a double charge in a hand load and blow it up.

I had never fired one until yesterday in 40cal, and even tho I think 40cal is shit tier for controllability, the 92 handled like a dream. I've always wanted a duty pistol so I might pick one up. Don't see the differences between all the models, though.

Show me an even remotely similar picture of berettas, im waiting

you're retarded. every cop i know carries the 17. only fbi faggots carry the .40

Attached: IMG_5643.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

I don't know why it would be the Beretta 92 because it's the Walther P99.

holy shit what's the story here? bitch is t-rexing that pistol.

Everything you typed passed weight is wrong and cost is only valid to to leo's.

less reliable.. less durable... doesn't feel as nice to shoot...
>better

ok buddy

Different police agencies carry different stuff. The FBI is in the process of switching to the G17M and 19M (essentially Gen 5).

neither does painted aluminum or well oiled steel faggot.

All metal vs polymer. Of fucking course polymer is going to crack when the gun kabooms. This is a shit tier meme.

Attached: 6ab0123edc1bc3908a50396edee0319c.jpg (1280x960, 104K)

Glocks are fine with spec ammo
>use a gun with insane overcharged handloads
>Gee I wonder why my gun breaks, when I use it improperly.
Its like if you took a 92 and run it over with a tank then complained about it breaking.

It doesn't fucking matter. Neither is going to shoot after a kaboom whether or not the 92 has less visible damage.

Attached: 4NdzbIS.jpg (960x720, 104K)

>the glocktards reeee at the sight of glockspolsions and use not even a handful of images of beretta failures that dont look like they harmed the user whatsoever
Fucking kek

Question: Is the M9 the same as a 92? Just a different name?

Attached: beretta_m9_pistol_1424595_6.jpg (62x54, 2K)

Look at his arm it looks like a 90mm for giant robots or something.

Here's a clue, don't blow your fucking gun up in the first place by using out of spec ammunition or being a retard and not recognizing a squib load. How about that. No amount of glocksplosion pictures are going to make me think a pistol weighs 30% more than a Glock 17, has the same standard capacity, is more cumbersome to carry, and costs 30% more is the better pistol.

Mechs with scaled up giant guns when?

Sort of but the a3 is rather different. Basic parts are all itnerchangable .

It has a more durable finish. Basically the same gun.

Breaking news, this just in, steel frame pistols, are safer during catastrophic failures. Of course you wouldn't have to deal with this, if you had even a grain of common sense, when reloading ammo. When using normal pressure ammo, glocks are just as, if not more rugged than a beretta 92

>Wimpy plastic pistol that cant use out-of-spec ammo without explosing vs chad all metal handgun that eats even out of spec ammo like a champ

just look for the mouth breathers with no trigger finger

Attached: 4fingers.jpg (287x175, 7K)

>he has to use spec ammo just to keep his gun from going kaboom
Topkek

M9 is the military designation for the 92FS
Same gun, different markings.

The one in your Image would be an M9A3, which is its own beast. Wish it came in black.

those are squib loads you utter moron

that's not a reliability issue, like you can have on berettas with locking block breaking, safety breaking, firing pins breaking, all those things i had to fix on customers gun, while glocks juste keeps on shooting, these guns just wont break, you load, rack and bang bang bang it just fucking work

Attached: 068.jpg (1024x768, 130K)

>the "I have lost the argument" post
The state of steel frame fudds

>Notorious for poorly placed controls
while defending the 92?

kys fgt

>h-he was using out of spec ammo
>t-that was a squib load!
Absolute state of soiboi glockfags

>92
>Poorly placed controls
You got small hands there, boy? Nothing on it is awkward for me to reach.

>Fudds on suicide watch

I agree with all of your other points and I also love Berettas but to deny the Glock as being the most customizable handgun out there is just not true senpai, give credit where credit is due

Also a minor thing but Berettas cannot take slide optics because of the firing pin safety

Dont mind me, just the best 9mm passing through.

Attached: ppqm1.jpg (800x800, 78K)

no, I like the 92, I prefer the p226 by a slight margin, but the slide safety / decocker is balls.

Attached: PistolzAO14-11-13.jpg (910x614, 185K)