Ive never been on this board before but Im here to ask for advice since I dont know much about guns...

Ive never been on this board before but Im here to ask for advice since I dont know much about guns. There is an amputee (one arm gone) girl in a story that Im working on. What would be some realistic guns that someone with inherently less physical strength and only one hand would be able to depend on to an extent?

The story isnt actually rooted in our current world either so feel free to use your expertise to come up with something even more convenient

Attached: 1506449745577.gif (503x387, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094
youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ?t=1072
youtube.com/watch?v=-wpQrK6EIyo
youtube.com/watch?v=GJzXG7MYX1c
youtu.be/l3kzzrpBF_w
youtube.com/watch?v=I03ZgpoCUgY
youtube.com/watch?v=yk0pY4hPzZ4
youtu.be/VBlkUc2IzOY?t=2m46s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: anime arm amputee reload.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

most semiauto pistols would be fine
she would have to use something to rack the slide like a table or any kind of flat surface. reloading would take forever tho.

Attached: 1504353979013.jpg (286x300, 18K)

.357 revolver

Chicks can one hand .500 S&W magnums if they're so inclined. The dumb ones fuck it up and it smacks them in the dome, but smart ones can do it.
youtube.com/watch?v=DFAApRUH094

Really, most handguns can be used. I would say the 5906 9mm would be good because I love me some alloy frame S&W semi autos.

Rifles and shotguns are going to be very hard to shoot one handed while maintaining accuracy. Reloading in general is going to be a problem since you generally need to hold the gun in one hand and load in magazines or loose rounds with the other. If your character expects not to reload during a fight, she needs something with high capacity or she needs to be a good shot.

Semiauto handguns require you to rack the slide to chamber the first round after a reload. It's possible to do this with one hand if you're strong and have large hands.
Revolvers need one free hand to load loose rounds or reload with a speedloader unless she has some special belt of speedloaders.

Revolvers were specifically issued to pilots because it was likely that if shot down they would have an injury to one of their arms. Revolvers don't require 2 hands to load and put into battery, so a .38 special or a .357 loaded with .38 would make most sense

user, I spent 3 years of my life in crutches, when I turned 21 I started carrying. I went with a ruger lc9s. A nice subcompact 9mm, I could fire with one hand on the crutch and gun in the other.

>BULLIES HATE HIM!
>Cripple prevents bullying with ONE WEIRD TRICK

Yeah, revolver instantly comes to mind

how do you load it with one hand and is it comparably easy to handle something like a sawed off shotgun?

I suggest you give her an autoloading pistol of basically any type.

I think a cool addition to it would be a metal extension on the slide, allowing her to use her belt or shoe heel to cock the gun. People can do this with the rear sight on some pistols but it's easier with something bigger to latch onto.

OP is her entire arm gone ? does she have enough left to clench a pistol in her armpit and reload ? Otherwise she will need to reload magazines by crouching and using her thigh and calf to hold the gun and free hand to load. There is also another technique similar to except you obviously replace it with a pistol.

Rifles and other long guns are pretty much ruled out unless you have a stub out to the elbow to rest on or something but even that would be a problem. Reloading most guns can be handled exactly as shows in most cases and as others have pointed out using a table or other surface to rack a slide or similar. As long as your not making a one armed super assassin warrior bimbo it would be fine.

If you wanted to get fancy you could have a drop down leg setup like a thigh holster but with mag holders for easy reloading but thats going too far too silly.

>I think a cool addition to it would be a metal extension on the slide, allowing her to use her belt or shoe heel to cock the gun.
Look at trailers of death stranding to get a better idea as well

You can rack a slide on your belt or pants super easy as for reloads you just hold the fresh mag in your teeth

MY sides user, they are now in orbit. that's was gunny.

>metal extension on the slide, allowing her to use her belt or shoe heel to cock the gun.

ill definitely keep this in mind, how hard is it to cock a real pistol? can you do it with your teeth?

>OP is her entire arm gone ? does she have enough left to clench a pistol in her armpit and reload ?

Havent decided the length too particularly yet but theres probably some stump left a little above the elbow

Attached: 1509074970298.jpg (1335x1000, 192K)

watch madmax fury road

Attached: MMFRSKS_scoped.jpg (1920x800, 379K)

I did already, I dont think my character is going to have a prosthetic hand though because I feel like it would lessen the entire impact that a disability is supposed to have

I'd use the bren ten, it's sights are designed so it can be racked on them with one hand and it's an overall good handgun

I remember some piece of entertainment media had a character that had magazines attached to a vest facing outward, so he could reload his akimbo pistols rapidly and with one hand.

Nothing about it wasn't realistic, but nobody is going to EDC chest spikes.

youtu.be/iv8cByaVyNQ?t=1072

Shooting a shotgun one handed, documented occurance when an agent's arm was disabled. You could definitely reload, too, but not without doing a similarly inconvenient maneuver.

On the other hand, the "terminator spincock" is a real technique.

>can you do it with your teeth?

Want to put metal in your mouth and bite hard???

Just hit mag release, drop mag, kneel down, put pistol upside down, use joint of knee to hold pistol at back part clear of chamber and bite, put mag in one handed, grab pistol with the hand put mag in, flex leg muscles to get firm grip, rack pistol using hand+leg, and good to go.

Wear pants doing that.

If you had to do it regularly, you would obviously have a leather/rubber/wood grip on the slide.

p90, no reloads needed

Depends on the pistol, but I'd generally say no, not possible for the average person to rack a pistol with their teeth. I mean in a life or death situation you probably could if your adrenaline is going, but more than likely you'd fuck your teeth rightly in the process

>ill definitely keep this in mind, how hard is it to cock a real pistol? can you do it with your teeth?

Sure but it wouldnt be pleasant. Many handguns can take up to something like 10 pounds to pull back and have a sharp stop at the end of it and have aggressive grooves cut into it. Youll chip the fuck out of your teeth.

I mean, you could probably pull most pistol slides with your mouth, but you wouldn't want to.

If she still has an arm above the elbow she can reload by holding it in her armpit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-wpQrK6EIyo Like that, but have pistol facing out, don't sweep your other leg....

>
What context is this set in?

Elaborate, I doubt youre asking for an in depth explanation about everything related to her

Can this work if the sights or something are hooked and there is a metal ring on the hip or something?

Attached: 1510486951664.jpg (864x864, 272K)

Carry 6 guns, just drop each gun once it's empty and grab another.

Attached: Boondock_1.jpg (640x427, 82K)

Teeth? Probably but it would fucking hurt

Literally just hook the rear sight on you belt and push, that would be the easiest.

If it doesn't need to be that realistic, why not a pistol with some sort of custom belt magazine? I'm sure such a thing would be possible, but there's no reason a 2 handed shooter would need it, thus it's not really a thing.

This, it's called a NY reload. If I had one arm, I'd carry 4 handguns. Shoulder rig, crossdraw, and the front and back of my right hip.

Once you're not worried about reloading because it's not a practical procedure, you might as well take a big fucking revolver in each "slot"

Hes asking for literally just the circumstances behind why the character needs a gun and how far the amputation is.

She needs a gun because shes a corporate ninja assassin and needs to kill 100 people quickly is not the same as being a single mom trying to fight off a group of thugs.

Disability as primary character trait is like tragic parental death as back story.

Obviously mirrored if I was missing my right arm.

Is futuristic, modern, fallout apocalyptic, the descend into the apocalypse, middle age mom stuck in a gang war? we need details

She got her arm eaten by a living meat grinder/oven and was traumatized enough that she developed a violent split personality that reflects her idealized view of the main protagonist that saved her in the first book

she is one of four protagonists in the sequel, disability is obviously one of the main traits about her because the weakness/ fear of pain dominates her life

unspecified future, the technology that mankind has available isnt star wars or star trek tier but its beyond what we currently have. probably somewhere between the current day and blade runner

Attached: 1519008675469.jpg (635x423, 36K)

In that case a bag of button primed grenades would be an exciting weapon(s) that reflects the internalized anger and pain in a explosive manner. Catharsis?

>she is one of four protagonists in the sequel, disability is obviously one of the main traits
I've seen enough hentai to know where this lesbian story is going.

A belt with speed loaders that rotate in a circular motion, so a new speed loader will be available when needed.

she is the only real female out of them all, no lesbians

too flashy and logistically hard to explain, the style of the story is more melodramatic and horror oriented rather than flashy action

Attached: 1501976232240.jpg (500x750, 55K)

>Only real female
Uh-oh, I've read enough Jow Forums to know where this is going

So many bits of info we have to drag out of you. She needs a friend to help then. or a pistol with a fancy auto loading device on the belt. It's a chance to explore the loss and stages of grieving during a dismemberment.

>or a pistol with a fancy auto loading device on the belt.

Im trying to keep it as simple as possible because its not like there is some batcave that she gets equipment from

one of the four can (and does) take the form of a woman but isnt a real one. lets just call it a shapeshifting alien but I can promise with 100% seriousness that it doesnt seem as laughable in the context of the story

Attached: 1525062275512.jpg (900x900, 1014K)

>
Are the gun laws in the book similar to what America has today? Assuming it takes place here.

takes place on another planet, so no

Attached: 1501071507982.jpg (1375x2000, 1.36M)

>does she have enough left to clench a pistol in her armpit and reload ?
>mfw sweaty operator gril armpit reloads

Attached: 1379063128035.png (219x237, 109K)

I have taught Firearms and Gun safety for years including people who were differently able-ed.I would say have her go to a concealed carry class. most instructors I know would bring as many different firearms they could for her to try. Have her explain what she is trying to do before hand so they can offer options.I once taught a class where half the people were in a chair.I brought along another instructor who was in a chair too. at first we just split the class in half but we soon found I could not get the guys in a chair to hit and he couldn't get the ones standing on target.switched it up and everyone was breaking clay's.As much as we would like to identify sometimes we can't

She could probably rig something up with a few magazines strapped to her outer thigh in a way that she could eject the empty mag from a pistol and slam the gun down onto one of the mags in this "holster" so that it engaged with the pistol and was pulled free of the holster as she raised the gun back into firing position.

Just hit the slide release to chamber a round and you've got a successful one-handed reload.

One idea I that I think could be interesting for long guns, is for there to be some sort of socket or bracelet type device where one would normally place a foregrip that she could stick her stump through (assuming she still has her arm past her elbow) she could then use that to stabilize the gun when shooting and reloading. If she was using a smaller smg type, it could still be feasible if she only has part of her upper arm left.

If you're just looking at pistols, I think most types would be viable. I think it would be best if she carried multiple, as reloads will be slow regardless, unless she made sure to always reload before firing the last round in the mag.

>no one has posted that guy with no hands

Im getting conflicting information here, does the slide of a pistol stick back after the last bullet has been fired and will it then chamber the next one when released to slide back, or does the gun need to be cocked again if it gets empty?

Attached: 1513649269549.jpg (612x612, 37K)

I had a situation where I dealt with an ampuutee. Iraqi gurl. Beautiful.

I fake saved her life during a fire excercise. She was my princess Jasmine, unfortunately I wasn't Alladin.

what anime?

Attached: 12.jpg (268x188, 6K)

Depends on the gun. I think most pistols have the slide lock back after firing the last round, but some don't. Although if she doesn't fire the last round, then it wouldn't matter.

Looks like Under the Dog. It's shit though.

Slide locks back after the last round on every semi auto pistol I've ever seen. However if the if you're loading an empty gun with the slide forward you have to rack it.

is there a downside to cocking a gun and then just putting the safety on?

Also Im too lazy to research anything on my own so I might as well ask when Im here, how do guns even actually work?

Does the gun somehow ignite the bullet which then causes it to explode out from the barrel? How does this work on automatic weapons like assault rifles? Are there guns that dont rely on gunpowder related explosions for propulsion and if so, what and how?

Attached: 1510203785172.jpg (800x710, 193K)

>I'm writing a story about a weak girl with one arm who uses guns...
And lemme guess shes out for revenge against the people who killed her father, right?

Attached: 04_poster_fit.jpg (912x1267, 425K)

Shes not the main protagonist, the story isnt about her. In the first book she doesnt even speak a word and is mainly carried around while bleeding out

Attached: 1520409583338.jpg (1212x1600, 172K)

>metal extension on the slide, allowing her to use her belt or shoe heel to cock the gun.

Aren't there push-through holster designs that cock the gun as it is drawn? This seems like it would solve a lot of the problems discussed here. When reloading, the gun can be returned to the holster while the magazines are exchanged, then pushed through to chamber a round.

There are guns that were designed to be operated with one hand. This Spanish JoLoAr has a bar on the slide so the user can easily rack it.
That's just a weird option though. Any handgun could be reloaded with one hand really. The slide locks back on most quality weapons, so the user could clamp it between their knees like and drop a new magazine in before hitting the slide release with their thumb.

Attached: spanish.png (1124x635, 1.49M)

As long as you have a proper holster and don't fidget with it (or holster it with your finger in the trigger) your fine. My pistol doesn't even have a safety and I carry it everyday.

>is there a downside to cocking a gun and then just putting the safety on?
Not really. It's arguably slightly less safe, but plenty of people who carry for self-defense do this.

>Does the gun somehow ignite the bullet which then causes it to explode out from the barrel?
Modern ammunition is a brass or steel cylinder filled with gunpowder. At one end, you've got the bullet itself, and at the other end you have a primer, which is a little piece of highly volatile material that explodes when struck.

When you pull the trigger, a hammer held back under spring tension is released, which strikes the firing pin and drives it forwards into the primer on the cartridge. This causes the primer to explode, which ignites the gunpowder and expels the bullet out of the barrel.

Most people carry that way.

>how do guns even actually work?
At the rear of every cartridge is a small shock-sensitive explosive, which is impacted by a firing pin or striker. This ignites the propellant, which produces rapidly expanding propellant gases; these propellant gases force the bullet down the barrel.

>How does this work on automatic weapons like assault rifles?
The basic principle of a self-loading firearm is the use of the energy of a cartridge to remove the fired casing and load a new cartridge. Handguns rely on backpressure (recoil) to cycle, while most self-loading rifles use one of three variations on gas operation, where a small hole is drilled in the barrel from which gases are piped away to cycle the weapon.

>how do guns even actually work?
Are you 12, or are you some sort of alien that is researching our race?

Watch this video. It's a WW2 instructional movie (very well done) that explains all the basics. They explain how ammo works in the first 30 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJzXG7MYX1c

>work at fun shop
>have customer with a nub where one hand should be
>he pretty easily racks the slide in Glocks etc by pulling with nub on rear sight.

I was fuckin impressed, doesn't look comfortable at all to do but he did it with ease. Dunno if it was an accidental or he was born that way, but given a table to work with he's got no problem manipulating your average pistol.

pk380

1887 shotgun or revolver

Attached: 2261138466_9455f8203e_b.jpg (1024x576, 468K)

Attached: bullet bullet bullet.jpg (1050x770, 95K)

Use a revolver, and to load it have a reversed holster in the front that will let the cylinder hang out for one handed loading

I like how obvious that prop is

Think outside the box. SKULL GUN.

Gun arm or GTFO

Attached: leg.jpg (300x300, 23K)

MIND QUAD!
youtu.be/l3kzzrpBF_w

Except it's all cgi and no prop.
You lose

so yeah.....

youtube.com/watch?v=I03ZgpoCUgY

Attached: 1524798605792.jpg (640x480, 165K)

Ive never had any reason to get information about guns too in depth, im from finland and very few people here actually own guns

Attached: 1511834154086.jpg (625x546, 61K)

Entire arm i.e. from the shoulder, or do they have a stump? And do they have a prosthetic?

Either way a pistol with a JOLOAR style charging lever will minimise the impact of 1 handed operation about as much as is possible. Probably want something relatively low recoil, given its a woman and she can't brace with the second hand. Not saying go with .38ACP just don't pick .50AE. High capacity is important to minimize reloads, where she'll have to put it between her legs or have some weird magazine mount to do it. Honestly the Five-seveN is a decent choice considering all that, despite the memeing it receives.

If she's got a stump or prosthetic then there are alternatives.

You open the cylinder, put the gun between your legs, load it one cartridge at a time or use a speed loader.

If nobody has said it yet...
This is what arm braces on rifles were made for.

With the 1911 that's the recommended way to carry. I'd imagine it's the same with other single action only pistols.

At that point why not just use an autoloader and reload less often?

Doesn't really work if your entirely 1 armed, even with the brace. But with a nub it works.

Attached: TACRACK-G42-3.jpg (1106x622, 257K)

Attached: 1509459223920.gif (426x227, 1.85M)

Google "one-handed gun," it should point you towards the Lignose and similar designs.

If memory serves, CZ also made a gun that could be racked with the trigger finger by a two-part trigger guard. Another example is the Norinco 77B.

Also, there's a holster for the Makarov that allows you to push the gun out of the bottom and it racks the slide for you.

I'd try a one-handed gun in either a shoulder holster or carried in a handside hip holster with the grip pointing forward, for easy access to the magazine well. Tricky on the raw though.

And if she doesn't have any arm left at all she can use the slide release instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=yk0pY4hPzZ4

can have her get a lever attached to the slide for one handed slide racking oldschool calvary style.

Attached: 21199847_7[1].jpg (1024x712, 51K)

Norinco 77B 9mm semiauto
It has the gimmick of onehanded cocking by pulling back on the front of the trigger guard
You can do the reload by tucking the pistol in the opposite armpit and doing the mag change with the one hand, and yes you can do cocking on a table edge etc, but you need to be able to recock when there isn't a convenient object.
>or fuck it get a revolver and do speedloaders in the armpit

Attached: 1441455519.jpg (473x294, 37K)

>is a revolver as easy to handle as a sawed off shotgun
Math isnt your strong suit, is it? The sawed off has far more (over 10x) recoil

>easy to handle something like a sawed off shotgun?
Unless your character happens to be Dwayne the rock Johnson, fucking don't. Only thing that's good for is if you want the recoil to rip it out of your hand and smash it into your face.

Attached: 567559.jpg (936x622, 73K)

i'll be straight with you, in a setting where all this fantastic shit happens, having your character be so unresourceful that they didn't think to build some sort of improvised prosthesis is going to be quite glaring. the challenge isn't in the disability itself, it's the way the character is able to work around the disability. you have to look at all the tiny little depressing details and amplify them so that they are each a really big deal as the character works towards a proper physical solution

youtu.be/VBlkUc2IzOY?t=2m46s

>in a setting where all this fantastic shit happens,

Keep in mind that Im trying to be as transparent as possible while at the same time trying to not reveal that much about anything

>having your character be so unresourceful that they didn't think to build some sort of improvised prosthesis

She is barely above being a teenager and she has spent multiple years without even basic education and in uninhabitable conditions that would do nothing but degrade her body/ mental health, she isnt supposed to be a crafty hero character

Attached: 1495346014727.jpg (1280x960, 170K)

Not how you reload one handed .
That works I guess if you aren't in a rush

>uninhabitable conditions
inhospitable places that require improvisation to survive aren't very kind to people who can't improvise
as in it kills them