First Handgun

Looking to buy my first handgun for self-defense and target practice. Maybe bring it for wilderness camping in the future. Been researching and am leaning towards the Glock 19 as it's the right caliber and fits my hand perfectly.

Good choice or bad choice? Any issues with the model? What other good guns should I check out before I drop >$500 on one.

Attached: glcok.jpg (590x443, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B004YY2T4I?keywords=ameriglo pro idot&qid=1453509411&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Got go wrong with a glock. Just not the best triggers but usable. Think they're still the only serious choice handgun you can fully take apart with just a pin punch. Minus the sights. Think maybe the FNS may be like that too.

Glock 19 is a great all around pistol. Get some good holsters and a couple extra mags and practice.

That's a good point about the pin punch if I do end up taking out into the wilderness and drop it in a puddle like a tard.

Sounds like my research wasn't too off then. I appreciate the input.

Solid choice. Most people(me included) think the stock sights are crap and change them immediately. My choice:

amazon.com/gp/product/B004YY2T4I?keywords=ameriglo pro idot&qid=1453509411&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Easy to change on your own if you want to, but also easy/cheap job for a local shop/gunsmith to handle if you don't.

God speed user.

Love my. Model 19.

Attached: 1524884660948m.jpg (1024x768, 86K)

it usually fires with dirt and water in it for a few rounds at least if u cant it apart. Would recommend cleaning

Glocks are ugly, butt ugly, Glocks work, Love my glock.

I went with the Glock 19 as my first as well. It's a great all around gun and hasn't failed me and is very easy to clean and care for. I'd highly recommend it as a first gun. It's not my favorite in any one category, but it does well in almost all categories.

Attached: 15257445140501710285124.jpg (1836x3264, 1.73M)

None of the ones at my local shop have the stock sights so I don't how bad they are lol. They have one with a sight just like the one you posted. It's the most expensive but I'll probably grab that one then.

The simple look of the Glock keeps growing on me lol.

The guy at the counter said as much. He pointed out that the gen 4 and 5 have 2 coiled springs though that can jam if a small rock gets in there. I'd have to really slide it through some mud for that to happen though.

>I'll probably grab that one then.

Having a high contrast front sight is the best for quick, instinctive shooting. I think you'll like it.

get one that fits your hand well, and have somebody knowledgeable help you.

glock 19 is great if you have tiny hands.

>glawck brand glawck
OP get a Walther. Cheaper up front (although extra mags will be more expensive), better ergos, better triggers, just as reliable.

>get one that fits your hand well

Grade A n00b advice.

p238 or nothig

Attached: 60919.jpg (1000x728, 523K)

yeah sorry i like to hit things when i shoot

You are a fucking idiot if you think comfy grip zone gives you any additional accuracy in a handgun.

Like I said, Grade A n00b advice.

>additional accuracy

go back to counterstrike, your grip is one of the most important aspects of pistol shooting technique.

>Looking to buy my first handgun

Yeah maybe finding one you can grip well is a good idea, then you can get all the glock 26s you want

Go buy your glock 19. You already made a choice and its not a bad one. You can always buy more guns later.

To Add on to this, The gen 4 and 5 both have modular backstaps that can be swapped out for different hand sizes. I had to put the medium backstrap with beavertail on. I have decent sized hands and fat fingers.

/thread

>usable
seriously there's nothing wrong with the stock fucking triggers, you people are dumber than Glock fanboys. what you should really be harping on is the shitty grips.

i wish they made XL backstraps

>it's the right caliber and fits my hand perfectly
This is why I bought mine. I like it so much I am seriously considering buying a second one.

That’s a nice pistol, but I don’t think OP is a woman.

have you ever shot a handgun with a decent trigger

>Looking to buy my first handgun
Like everyone else in the past 20 years, you will buy some plastic piece of shit, like your pic related. You will own it for a while, put a few thousand rounds through it. Then you will want a real gun. You will buy some all-metal gun like a Sig or a quality 1911 or a Beretta or a CZ ... and wonder why you ever bought a Block.

Do you have unusually sweaty palms, or are you just a retard who can’t hold a pistol?

Attached: 343A7786-B869-44F6-9792-D659EC476196.jpg (260x194, 10K)

there's a fucking hand guns general thread for this you fucking homo bitch.

ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.ASK IN THAT THREAD.

After you get your Glock get a Taurus pt92 for your left hand. Dual wielding is love.

Attached: 20180424_123613.jpg (2576x1932, 1.58M)

G19 was my first "real" handgun. I had the shop put a new trigger, night sights, and extended mag release on before i left the store. I've had it for 4 years. Small enough to carry with a nice IWB holster, large enough to comfortably train, and 9mm at 15 cents a round. Great mid tier pistols. If I had to choose just one pistol this is it.

i have big hands. not sure what sweat has to do with grip size.

Attached: assburgers.jpg (800x583, 262K)

i probably have some low level neurological disorder caused by forced-inoculations, i am not autistic, nor Asperger.

>trollollololol
4/10 for effort and having a believable undertone

Unironically glocks are good bang for the buck. A G19 or G17 are great, albeit a bit heavy. If you're specifically looking for something to carry get a G43