COLT 1911

I think that the united states military should use the colt 1911 as its standard-issue sidearm. it's a classic that didn't need changing

Attached: m1911.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7iHsjSHKT70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go go bed, grandpa.
It's way past your bedtime

>dorps sig
>fires

Only if they make it in 10mm

why?

It's already been corrected unlike your autism. It's also not that different from the M1911

watch it son. why, back in my day if i were to,..... ah,... um,.... doh! i forgot what i was gonna say!

Attached: simpsons.gif (320x313, 13K)

11.46mm best mm

i hate it when i dorp my pistol

Are anti-1911 spergs the worst posters on this board?

Attached: zogbot waco.jpg (1453x1175, 213K)

They're pretty shitty

10 meme meter is real gun caliber all other stuff is babbies first gun unless it's 9 the only thing bigger and better than 9 is 10

it should never have been a problem in the first place.

That's true but it's fixed now so no point crying over spilled milk that's been mopped off the floor.

there is no reason get a new sidearm. what new innovations in sidearms have made 1911 or the Baretta obsolete? it just seems like a waist of money and look how big my dick is.

i own a dozen different hand guns 1911 shoots most accurately. not old fart, 27 y/o here

Anecdotal evidence isn’t statistical analysis. Just because you shoot a 1911 best doesnt mean millions of soldiers in terrible situations will shoot it just as well.

what i think is that anyone in the military that is required to carry a handgun should know enough about handguns to be able to choose his/her own especially officers

youtube.com/watch?v=7iHsjSHKT70

The 1911 would be a substitute standard if WWIII ever breaks out. The infrastructure is already there with dozens of factories already making them.

Handguns are useless for 99% of personnel who carry them, so sure. They're a way not to have to carry a rifle.

The 1% that do use their sidearms are the people who can choose what they carry anyways.

nobody uses pistols in combat anymore, so why the fuck not

this

10mm is equivalent to .357 magnum

I will explain it to you in a way you might understand
.45 = slow moving heavy round
9mm fast moving light round
they're roughly equivalent

.357 mag = super fast moving light round
10mm = fast moving heavy round
they're roughly equivalent

Oh look, it’s this thread again.

I see you're a man who likes jam with his toast

Attached: Screenshot_20180512-073948.jpg (1440x1444, 804K)

It's a solid gun.... but weight/capacity ratio is fucked, just like with revolvers. There's nothing *wrong* with the classic guns of a century ago. They're classics for a reason. But they're also antiquated and don't have capacity and low weight of modern semi-autos. Also, despite what 1911fags like to say, the reliability of a 1911 will *never* even be comparable to something like a Glock.

There's a reason most cops carry Glock 17s (though 19s are much better for concealed carry), the reliability, low weight, and capacity of a 9mm can't be beat.

Though I get it, you don't get any style points for carrying a Glock, you get way more for a 1911 or a revolver, but still a Glock 17/19 has every advantage.

I'm not a glock fanboy at all but are you telling me that glocks are the ak 47s of the handgun realm? that they can just take all kinds of shit, more shit than a 1911?

srs question

>are you telling me that glocks are the ak 47s of the handgun realm?

I'd say that's a valid comparison, and though I get flamed for it all the time, I'll also maintain that the AK is a far superior firearm platform than the AR... (though there's more accessory options for AR and it's more fun to mod).

I like my guns rugged and reliable. I don't care if they aren't pretty.

>hold my beretta92 closely
How dare you! It's ok bretty Imma shot this old fart real quick with 15 rounds of 9mm

>AK>AR
Maybe when they were both premiered
but theres no way you can tell me that you'd be better off arming your soldiers with an AKs than ARs

>There's a reason most cops carry Glock 17s (though 19s are much better for concealed carry), the reliability, low weight, and capacity of a 9mm can't be beat.
You forgot cheap, and popularity of the name, which is the real reason most LE dept issue them. Departments that actually put firearms to the test tend to not issue Glocks.

.960 Rowland for life, fagboy

What's it like having wrong opinions?

You're wrong, beeteedubs. Glock offers superior trade and resupply deals most of the time, where your guns, accessories, parts, etc fit the PDs budget far better. Most don't care much about name, and if they do, they go hk/sig, and trade them after 10 years.

Yes, thank you for reiterating the "cheap" part. And if you don't think they care about the name you are completely clueless how much of the higher brass is just a bunch of weekend warriors.

>Departments that actually put firearms to the test tend to not issue Glocks.
Source? What gun do they prefer user

Glawkfag, amirite?

My local department issues the USP, for one example.

I've seen 1911s fire hundreds of rounds without a problem. You're full of shit.

well, they are payed by the pound in breadstuffs.

It literally does not matter. You could replace al military pistols with with hipoints and it would not change 0.000001% of overall military effectiveness.

Military pistols are most retarded meme there is.

Noguns here, where can I get ahold of surplus WWII 1911s? Or have they dried up long ago and I would be forced to buy a modern one? I like them for the historical value and it'll be the next gun on my list after a Beretta 92a.

CMP

>Dorp

Attached: 1517365946162.jpg (1600x1555, 182K)

isnt this gun a beauty?