Re-Arming Britain General /RABG/

>premise
So let's say I have 4,000 highly motivated individuals that want to help bring firearms back into the hands of the citizens what would be the best way to effectively use them to achieve this?

>why Jow Forums
For this we'll need your input I'm trying to figure out what would appeal to normies where say "Firearms UK" and "Arm Britain" have failed. And go further and get them to be on board with citizen ownership of guns again.

>what should we do
Discuss and Organise. Here Preferably.

>where should we start?
Firstly how should it be sold to the public.
This is essential as timing as well as the message will be the largest factor in these types of campaigns whether this campaign will come about after the next truck of peace or mass stabbing is just as important as the arguments themself are.

A few ideas on reform to start are
1. A self defense parity to Northern Ireland. (allows handguns to be cc'd again)
2.A reform to the Swiss model
3.the big ask of stating like the Americans, arms to English men are a god given right etc etc, this is risky but if pulled off can lead to a strong compromise in our favour is likely to be made.

Whichever is chosen its essential that it appeals to the masses so it isn't shot down or ignored immediately.

>Secondly optics and arguments
both arming Britain and firearms UK are not articulate and come up short in the articles they write and the media they produce to a point where some could call them controlled opossition. This gives them the appearance that they're uneducated and thick.

This image needs to change and it can through our arguments. They simply need be persuasive, punctual and pack a punch as the numbers alone are not effective enough to win someone over you need to make them feel something a gut instinct saying yes I will be safer this way.

As we have the numbers and facts it's securing the last part that's essential

>lastly
A name is needed what should we call ourselves Anons?

Attached: BzYr9RJCMAAMRmw.jpg (600x900, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunstar.co.uk/ruger-10-22-semi-auto-22-rifles/rifles/994594
youtu.be/3UneSkeI3u4
gunstar.co.uk/franchi-spas-12-12-bore-gauge-pump-action/Shotguns/991804
firearms-united.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have all of them move into the same neighborhood and elect the smartest, ugliest bong to a political office, and then make the other people running for shit in that area know that y’all only vote for pro-fun bongers.

Attached: E87CB966-752A-4472-AC62-FCFA9124B586.jpg (3264x2448, 1.09M)

>Bongcity full of Jow Forumsommandos
Why can't this be a thing?

You stay home, we dont need more armed arabs in Europe

Also for the name I vote “English Firearms Ensemble.”

>implying Muhammed doesn't just go to the local mosque to get his assault knife
user I.

Attached: article-2647041-1EA51E5100000578-676_306x428.jpg (306x428, 34K)

The idea of re-arming Britbongistan is far too gone OP, if millions of Americans can't even get the SHARE act passed then a couple thou bongs probably can't get their god-given rights back.

Right Anons I'm off to bed I hope this doesn't 404 but if it does I hope we can get this off the ground otherwise there's probably little hope for us

Attached: 1386920459353.png (426x364, 13K)

All you need is the right events and arguments at the right time user remember
>events dear boy events

Bump for interest.

>the right events and arguments
Cause' anti-gunners believe in civil discussion look how well they showed civility in Berkeley CA.

I wanna believe you user I do but I haven't seen any actual wins for gun ownership since the AWB passed even then the AWB was a big hit to gun rights already.

So hol' up.
You're telling me.
That in the UK.
I can own a revolver?

Does it have to be a long-ass hunting revolver or can it be one reasonably concealable?

Depends on whether you're on the mainland user you might as well have two big signs on the UK.
On England Scotland and Wales you have no fun (big ass hunting revolver with a hand stabiliser and don't you dare think about self defense )
Over northern Ireland fun is allowed normal revolvers and shoot catholics when necessary /s
Well they're communists they want to be the ones with the guns.

That aside if you want a gun pill Brazil (if Jow Forums is correct) is going to soon electe a trump like figure who wants to restore gun rights completely to the hues and restore the monarchy
On top of that Czechia recently added the right to bear arms to their consitution due to the mussies and proposed EU ban of semi automatic weapons. (that and why get rid of gun tourism money)
And they're probably others but I'm knackered beyond belief user (come back from a night-shift)

And the reason for the failures in the UK were a Labour government and and lack of counter to snowdrop which lead to the banning of hand guns. All you need is one happening and a well organised movement with solid foundations user to change a lot.
After all almost every great change in society was done by a small group of highly motivated people and I believe Jow Forums and Jow Forums for that matter are up for that challenge.

So you're saying that in a situation where somehow EVERYTHING works out, the bongs can get their guns back? I'd support it strongly but it just seems if britbongs tried there would only be a minimal chance it would go through and even less chance of even actually doing anything unfortunately.

Nobody said it would be easy. But I do believe there is a desire for people wanting to defend themselves and have arms that is growing every year despite the hoops and circuses you have to go through. That's helped by the fact that
Currently we have vultures in office that are as fickle as the wind user, show them a mild gust and they'll do whatever to stay in power. The Lords are a bigger issue.

My point is still there though proper organisation and the like is heavily lacking once that foundation is down I strongly believe there is a chance of more fire arm rights being restored

Question is how hard is the initial push going to be? And what arguments are the right ones to use (afterall we have the numbers just not the emotional feelsy side)

Does bongistan have a, “Illiterate right wing backwoods gun nut” aspect to it? I feel like that is what hurts the US the most is that one-liner that the media loves to use. If we can find a way to bypass all the mudflonging in Europe that’ll be a step forward in of itself

The media can always find their boogey man. Its pointless trying to avoid their shit.

You'll get your guns back as soon as a terrorist suicide bombs London or national news recognizes the growing number of criminal muzzies.

I totally agree, thing is, it is gonna be very difficult, possible sure but we're looking at hardcore media coverage/getting shit on, bleeding heart hippies crying about muh chillins and minimum push (if we actually get major support, mind you) 4 years of hard campaigns and arguments, and that brings it to the arguments, there are piles upon piles upon piles of arguments for pro-gun activism but all of them are rendered null due to thick headed people, many pro-gunners too socially awkward to push a movement and the constant "I don't care about anything you say because my favorite Late night show host cried on TV and my professor said guns are bad and that they are made to murder children!"

>tl;dr I completely agree but we need to construct the correct arguments though those arguments will just get shit on.

Or they’ll just create one, which is annoying but it’s also fighting against everyone who's been conditioned to fear butter knives as well, so to be honest family i don’t even know how to begin. I’m not the black man to show you the matrix, but I will support

Now that I think about it they'd just categorise us all as "far right extremists" like they do with any white person who wants to defend themselves from a random Sambo fresh off the banana boat.

Well they butchered the “not all whites” angle that was used to prevent that generalization, very unfortunate. When someone is so self centered in their own viewpoint and perspective what do you do? How do you show a vocal portion of society that whites aren’t what the media makes it out to be?

You don't. Once a law is passed it rarely gets revoked here. Its why theres no point arguing about gay marriage, the death penalty, or gun laws. Politicians here just want to rock up to Parliament for a couple of hours a day without having to sit down and really change anything.

>right arguments
Rhetoric is bad at convincing people

One's own respectability and appeals to emotion are what actually convince most people - the ethos and pathos, not the logos

we should just buy a thousand hi points and distribute them amongt U/k/ fags via mail

While I don’t like this statement, it’s like we need to elect generals as presidents again, people who have that no nonsense mentality that don’t give a fuck but can still be a leader and have some shred of honor. No more people just wanting a comfy job doing nothing and still getting paid, how Bernie didn’t get shit done but somehow lives a decent life shouldn’t happen to politicians, almost like a commission per bill passed. Idk just rambling

I doubt a system that requires you to be a general to become a president would be implemented, not without alotta "muh glass ceiling stops women from becoming generals and we need a women president you guys!"

I get that, but I think before we can even start opposing the pc political culture we need a vetted politician that won’t just capilize our votes and change direction when elected you know? Why is it such an obstacle to find someone with integrity we can trust to put into office?

I'm 100% fine with the vast majority of my fellow citizens not being able to have a gun.
Most of the daft cunts can barely drive let alone handle a gun.

Because those that do greed and corruption and hinger for a bigger paycheck and power btfo all the others, these days and possibly never, politics are not a game of integrity, it's a game of "how much money and power can I gain from these suckers?"

Honestly and this is not a fuck Britain thing but I believe the only way for the Brits to enjoy more relaxed guns laws is to be annexed into the U.S. and be forced to adopt the Constitution we have in place that makes it an unalienable right to own a d posses a firearm even in these times where a good portion are against it we still have pretty good laws compared to you guys across the ocean.

If Britain were to be annexed it would cause America to lose their gun rights.
>Britain agrees to annexation
>adopt many British laws
>British people vote
>2nd amendment abolished within first 12 months

>country with few guns
>an abdul comes to you with 5000 quid in his hand
>wants to buy your gun
>no questions asked

What would a common bong do?

Serious question. How much do firearms cost in BongLand? I would guess like $1,000 USD for a 10/22

Tell him to fuck off. If he gets caught with it the gun is registered to you.

gunstar.co.uk/ruger-10-22-semi-auto-22-rifles/rifles/994594
Its rediculously expemsive for a 10/22 but its probably the closest 99% of kommandos will get to a real one

How about 'British Citizens for Freedom'
Also we should make a discord in order to gather actual bongs and other supporters and discuss plans and ideas.

The bong just reports the gun as stolen.

I wouldn't trust any of the English with guns, in Scotland its a maybe at best

This is a stupid approach, first you need to get castle doctrine implemented in law and there’s some appetite for that if you look at (e.g.) the recent case where the old bloke killed a pikey burglar with a screwdriver or where that butch dike shot a black home invader with a crossbow.

Once you are legally allowed to defend yourself by any means in your own home we can work on defending yourself in the street.

You also need to give it a vaguely Orwellian title hiding an acronym like U.K. SAFE or something and try to avoid specifically talking about guns when possible.

I have no reference on what's horrific pricing but a 10/22 is about £600
Its the "manual action 223s that are truly extortionate going from 1-2 thousand pounds
Read
Would we fuck sell him it. Anyway Abdul can build his own like the aussies (not happened here yet surprisingly) or buy a re-activated gun elsewhere.
Saying that though those who I've know to sell illegal firearms avoid selling to Muslims at all costs which I find incredibly amusing.
Yes I tried to fit this into the OP but I hit the char limit, the working class are the biggest supporters of guns because they deal with Muslims and immigrant gangs they'll be demonised as idiots or hooligans if not done properly as they know what they want they just find it hard to articulate it.
>it's part and parcel kaffir
But yes if a group I'm proposing does come about by then it'll have a bigger chance of working in that scenario.
Just the threat of Islamic terror from Germany made czechia do it.
However without it I honestly believe that calls for banning/needing a licence for x materials will be called.
Which is why timing, presence and emotion are everything user.
If this wasn't a single issue group I wanted to go with the freedom Party or something of the like but I like it user
Is that a 22lr in a WA2000 frame? I don't know what to feel about that.
Funny you say that that's why the (((Conservatives))) are now hell bent on Banning 50 calibre rifles and what we call "Lever release"
>implying
I like this idea. Castle doctrine has had a lot of approval in nearly every circle I've talked to recently. However you still have the bleeding hearts that go "It's unreasonable for you to defend yourself let them just take your stuff"

I'm completely OK with the British not having guns. Fuck the British.

>you still have the bleeding hearts that go "It's unreasonable for you to defend yourself let them just take your stuff"
But you aren't trying to convince these people.
The point of a campaign is to galvanise your supporters and convert the undecided/borderline cases. Nobody arguing for Leave/Remain thought they were going to flip the core supporters on the other side, it's just not possible (any more than they are able to convince us). You want to convert the undecided middle ground.
I was on jury service a few years ago (a pikey caught handing over money to a money launderer in a sting operation) and four people there guaranteed there was no chance of a guilty verdict despite overwhelming evidence. Two said they could never convict someone 'in case they were wrong', another said they 'hated the CPS' and 'hated the police', and the last said everyone else was racist towards pikeys. You can't convert people who already made up their mind.

Based on this idea we could name the group 'British Civil Defense Rights' or something along those lines

We could also focus on castle doctrine initially and work towards building up a culture around self and home defence. We could then start pushing for gun laws relaxed on the basis of self defence and use the aformentioned group as a support base.

So OP where do we go to stay informed about your campaign?

Fair point user almost forgot the purpose of the thread.
and Jesus Christ the state of this country
I like the sound of that a lot user and if said probably you could probably even post that on r*ddit and get support for that.

I feel like it needs to be said that people do have weapons in their houses here (baseball bats etc) and do wish to defend themselves however with the current laws if you have the wrong judge you can go to prison for just as long as the person raiding/attacking you if not longer.
Which makes it the perfect starting point...
>here preferably.
Until a solid foundation is laid then I'll take it back to my circles and keep this thread in the know at all times.
depending on the happening you'll see a push for Castle doctrine or weapons somewhere on the news if nothing more than "these people want one thing and it's disgusting." reporting

If you don't want the god awful long barrel and grip extention your only option are cap and ball revolvers

About average I'd say, but we can get old milsurp bolt actions stupidly cheap if you buy from the right people. Recently picked up a 1906 Gewehr 98 and 1907 SMLE MK1 for £400 for the pair.

Fuck you too.

I think I meant more along the lines of 'how do we support' as opposed to stay informed.

EFE actually has a nice ring to it in my opinion, I'm seconding this.
OP, planning a grassroots movement is never easy but you can do a lot simply by going around and talking to folks. Find out where the existing pro gun and non anti-gun brits hang out and go there. You should spend some effort rallying exisitng supporters and making them aware of your movement but the lions share of your time should be dedicated to convincing voters without an opinion that your side of the argument is the right one.
Also: Whatever you do, dont get into arguments with anti-gun people, just politely agree to disagree and leave as soon as you can, dont waste your time trying to convince people who were never going to listen to you in the first place.

All the firearm bans we have were passed under a Tory government

The only problem I can see with the name is that some in Wales and especially Scotland may be turned off, not because 'hur dur England gay' but because they might assume that the party is only concerned with english laws

I know user I was just referring to the handgun ban in that post
If you're British talk about it to friends family and get them to bring it up to their friends. If it bothers them that status quo is as such refer them to [insert final name here] and see if they are willing to join.
If you're a non-bong or even if you are one the social media game is a massive aspect of any campaign as it has a two fold effect that anyone can partake in.

Firstly it is best to point out how much people like being on the on group. If there is a large enough presence it's likely people will either become neutral to the issue or for it passively.
The second part is that it convinces those who hold the same beliefs to come out and join in greater numbers to have a stronger and greater physical presence as they do not believe that they are alone and less likely to be punished for it socially.

if twitter is filled with pro gun support messages and hash tags for instance (although suppression will likely be used) in a genine basis (not just bot spam) politicians and other outlets take notice and further spread the news of such.
In my head I hear it being pronounced as ey-fey. As good as the ring of it is
This user is right. Of it can't contain England in it the Scott's and Welsh will be far less likely to support it as daft as that sounds its true.
And I'm in the process of recruitment user it's more argument wise I'm still trying to figure out as cold hard facts don't seem to cut it (pretty much know the bias against guns like the back of my hand) as there's still a general unease I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to get rid of that new fear people have.
T... That's horrible user could you tell where exactly you got those rifles just so I can avoid them...

You won't. Britain is a land of tyranny. Its leaders actively want the people disarmed, and its people willing embrace this.

The only hope for this change is violent revolution and murder of of over 80% of the population.

You need both emotional arguments for the majority of the people and rational arguments for those who can think (OFC "we have rational arguments" is a great emotional argument). Also if you don't have rational arguments, media will point it out.

I'll start with gathering all the common anti-gun "arguments" and rational counterarguments. Then widely distribute such a premade list.

Then prepare a lot of short materials with emotional arguments. Examples:
- a sportswoman who explains that she just want to participate in competitions but the government thinks she's an evil terrorist and won't let her
- a women who was raped says "this was the first time I was raped but this was also the last time" while holding a pistol
- a collector (a real collector with lots of historical guns) explains the historical value of these guns
- a man says "I can (and will) call an ambulance but I have a first aid kit just in case. I can call the fire dept but I have an extinguisher just in case. I can call the police, but I have a gun just in case."
- "look at how easily they can get a normal gun in these low-crime countries and yet they are still low-crime"
- etc., etc.

Notes: women are good because they don't evoke connotations with violence. Professionals are good too. Guards, policemen, paramedics, historians... Even a florist holding a gun is great because flowers=peace. Everyone should be calm, professional and smiling. Don't focus too much on self defense. Sport and history are better because they are more peaceful.

do your best to provoke terrorist attacks from the muslim communities. spread some posters saying Muslim girls are being raped and killed in London, etc.

>How should it be sold to the public?

1) Everybody hates red tape. Emphasise the messy bureaucracy of the current firearms certificate & shotgun licence system, and how it makes life difficult for enthusiasts and collectors.

2) Deliver some quick and dirty stats & facts; knife crime & gun violence over a period of several decades, comparing the legislation of the time, that sort of thing.

3) Go for the emotional angle. Bring up the troubles. Remind people that seriously motivated terrorists will find ways to kill people even with heavily restricted legislation. We're not about to ban fertiliser, petrol, and cars are we? The vast majority of people don't spend their spare time making car bombs, even though they have the tools to hand.

4) Be reasonable:
Hell, forget the bomb part- Cars are readily available, affordable, and usable by most people in the UK. It is very easy to kill someone with a car, and yet they are still very popular and it is very socially acceptable to own one. As with automobiles, firearms are not inherently evil and neither are most people who own them.
I'm certain that if you make a case for low-level registration and licencing (as with cars & drivers' licences) with regard to firearms, the British public could be brought over to your side. This means less restriction on what guns you can own, but requires maybe a safety/aptitude test and a subsequent firearms licence. From a libertarian point of view this is obviously sub-optimal, but it could be an improvement over the current system and would certainly be compelling to many people.

Definitely needs a lot of refining, but unless we're certain the libertarian voting populace is large enough, maybe a soft-sell to the rest of the public would make a decent interim measure.

I wish you the best of luck, fellow bong.

Attached: polcomp.png (1000x1000, 1.05M)

Aye user it's the emotional side that we really need to hit in this country. With the rational arguments come abound and plenty. Quickly on your ideas
>sports women
That's a good one however could be rephrased a little.
>Raped woman
good on paper poor taste in public if handled poorly. For that you will need testomonies from women and not through official channels, of feeling trapped defenseless and no way out I truly wish this upon anyone else I just wish I could have defended myself...
>collector
This is a great spring board for a video honestly
>what is Britain but it's history...
And strum on that sentiment
>man protecting himself
Dialogue needs to be better otherwise you get the failure of arm Britains bunny rabbit wearing machete man.
>low crime.
Now this again is a good spring board however I would go in a different direction of NOT showing a gun during this if it were an advert to show multiple families little to no change in their lifestyle. Or have it very in the background and subtle and ask where is the gun?

And you're right on the professionals a few interviews on how they got their start shooting and what they believe etc. Good overall thoughts user
1. As much as I like that idea it has little normie appeal. As it stands people want a complicated gun system.
2. That sounds good however the Internet decline in crime is always still a factor that needs to be addressed as some attribute it to gun control.
3. It'll need to be worded differently to emphasis on being vulnerable to giving people strength.
4. user trust me if this kicks off I want to make an advert of pic related and I agree with lowering regestration and such.
Thanks user
>Implying Muslims rape their own.

Attached: a255l70140201.jpg (750x719, 52K)

Shit let me rephrase that
1.normies want a complicated system as they see it as away from preventing people from getting arms (they see it as good) however as with everything if put into a different light as you said collectors it might change their mind a little at the very least

How about talking about the centrefire ban and saying that .22 and .223 are nearly the same and hope they don't do research?

Where user?

>get their guns back
We never had them to begin with. It's not in our culture. Revolution and war is engrained in American culture, shore we had the empire but the battles were far away. At the same time you guys had gunslingers and outlaws we had the industrial revolution.

Attached: article-1216591-069B596C000005DC-137_964x644.jpg (964x644, 178K)

It'll literally never happen because nearly everyone in this country is a poof who has been socially conditioned to fear anything that can be dangerous, as much as possible.

Normies don't want a "complicated" system as in lots of paper and civil servants. They just want many safeguards. Physical and psychical examinations. Mandatory trainings. Theoretical and practical tests. Police interviews with to-be shooters and their neighbors. Papers that you never committed any sort of crime and aren't homeless. These kinda things. You can have a law that is pretty straightforward and allows many kinds of guns provided you meet these criteria. This is suboptimal but better than only being able to own a single-shot smoothbore.

this, unfortunately. even if UK turns into germany or scandanavia where women cant safely walk out in public anymore the UK fags will still apologize and insist their own racism is to blame with the only fix being to bring more syrians and somalians to help increase diversity

Obtain a little Armalite.

Come south west (down Devon area) lad, primary white, Conservative and a gun culture to a bong degree.

>youtu.be/3UneSkeI3u4
>gunstar.co.uk/franchi-spas-12-12-bore-gauge-pump-action/Shotguns/991804

>MFW I will never get to fire my mates Lever Release FN FAL.
Feels bad man.

We need to work on getting self defense laws in tact first. No point having a gun if you can't use it.

Legal to keep ammo in your home?
NO
Legal to keep your own property (gun) in your home?
NONONONONo!

The island of self-deluded slaves

If we're slaves anyway what on earth do we have to lose user? at the moment we have two gun lobbying groups in the UK one is run by retards the other is simply dead with the design for the website still being remininisant of 1997.
If we properly organise and get our shit togeather I believe that we can change the current laws in the UK as the desire is out there for reform and the wanting to defend ones self its just a matter of tapping into it and making it possible for people to organise and speak out without the social reppercussions among many other things.
and lets presume it fails I can at the very least say I tried to resist in what the government is currently doing (trying to ban lever release rifles and 50. calibre rifles) and tried to undo what it has done so that the people can live better, safer and freer lives.

if the worst comes to it we'll be nothing more than one more body on a pile of two but this time I doubt it will come to that as this time with the types of people here and what arguments we have and the times we live in make all of the difference in the world.
But the principle always remains of the need to take action where it aught to be taken over doing nothing and rolling over and letting you rights be stripped away from you bit by bit. I hope other bongs agree with that and you as an American presumably to know that's true.
>INB4 nice try GCHQ/FBI etc.
>Legal to keep ammo in your home?
Yes.*
>Legal to keep your own property (gun) in your home?
Yes.*
It's being discussed user, of pushing for castle doctrine to re-instated into british law before guns are pushed as I doubt you'd find anyone against castle doctrine on either side especially with the recent story of the pensioner being arrested for murdering a home invader regardless of procedure people looks incredibly poor on the police and the country.

BTW: firearms-united.com

Maybe get them all on an island in the Hebrides. That'd be worth a giggle.

>Maybe get them all on an island in the Hebrides. That'd be worth a giggle.
That it would Amon.
What have Firearms united actually achieved user? because this has been the first time I've heard of them and considering how many anti-gun laws have been proposed in europe you would expect to hear more about them...

We never had them to begin with. It's not in our culture. Revolution and war is engrained in American culture, shore we had the empire but the battles were far away. At the same time you guys had gunslingers and outlaws we had the industrial revolution.

Not true. There's the English Civil War, Glorious Revolution, Argyle's Rising, and the Jacobite revolts. The problem is that Parliament ultimately takes revenge on the losers.

Disarming Act, Dress Act, Act of Proscription... Parliament are a bunch of assholes.

>Does bongistan have a, “Illiterate right wing backwoods gun nut” aspect
No, this is the average gun owner. Over here it's the lefties who are the illiterates.

Attached: 101117_FS_304.jpg (1024x683, 305K)

plz btfo with this insurrectionist bs

Attached: 7749c1ba-975f-418c-af47-fcff887dfab9..jpg (480x622, 41K)

why would we adopt their laws of we annexed them?

>why would we adopt their laws if we annexed them?
They're implying we would be annexed and be formally recognised as a state(s) therefore have influence over gun laws. although it seems to have gone over their head that we could just be one massive Guam that being a rich territory used as an air base with no representation.

Seems to have gone over your head that that wouldn't fly for a second.

Probably not but we are talking about silly scenarios now.

>NCR
>Glock instead of a High Power
You had ONE job user.

This is why you don't have guns rights to begin with you statist fuck.

>A self defense parity to Northern Ireland

rest assured, britbongs will never be safe in Northern Ireland.

Attached: our day.jpg (800x511, 303K)

Jow Forums is a legion board. I am shooting the flag with my Caesar perfection.

>We never had them to begin with. It's not in our culture.
God damn it, THAT IS NOT TRUE.

Attached: orwell on guns.jpg (850x400, 89K)

^
THIS

Nah Jow Forums is all five, kaizars lEgiON, patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter, TUNNEL SNAKES 4 LYFE, Ring-a-ding baby and the most badass couriers to ever walk the divide.

Most of the UK shooting scene is rich toffs and Fudds. First thing that needs doing is making the scene more friendly and more accessible, which means getting as many people into shooting as possible, for as cheap as possible. People in a position to open a range/start a shooting club should do so, and charge as cheap as possible, and advertise as much as possible to as wide an audience as possible.

After that, active sports requiring more than just bolt actions and semi auto .22LR need to be made mainstream (3 gun, for example). Getting it into the Olympics (if it's not already, idk) might help a lot with that. That would give a "good sporting reason" to legalise semi automatic firearms in reasonable calibers.

Pistols, concealed carry, and self defence would be a whole other problem.