Hey Jow Forums question, best budget optic for a WASR 10...

Hey Jow Forums question, best budget optic for a WASR 10? Setting aside cash to buy the rifle and optic at once if I can help it. Optic doesn't need to be too hardcore but if shit hits the fan, I'd like to at least use it for co-witnessing with iron sights.

Attached: 719019686_1.jpg (1000x388, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kalinkaoptics.com/
shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Red-Dot-AK-Optic-Combo-Pack-Red-Dot-Hunting-Combo-Pack.htm
k-var.com/arsenal-slr-107r-762x39-semi-auto-rifle-with-1625-inch-threaded-barrel-stamped-receiver
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

none
>kill thread

Attached: when women shoot.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

Spend the extra couple hundred bucks and buy an Arsenal SLR-107R. Buy 7 mags and a cheap mag carrier. Spend the rest of your money on ammo.

Haven't worked a whole lot with AK's, so I figured a WASR 10 would be a good starter. So should I still invest in something like an SLR or DDI AK or stick with the WASR? (think that's a better question atm, optics can come later)

Wasr isn't a bad choice. They're a work horse and that's all that matters. Get a Rus optic from kalinka. Can't go wrong: kalinkaoptics.com/

Attached: Hot-Girl-Mech-Warrior-Fantasy-Art-32-x24-Art-Posters-wbp00958-.jpg (1000x751, 259K)

how could you cowitness irons that sit so low?

why tho, both are fixed stock akm rifles, the bulgy just has a better finish

Nyet, rifle is fine.

These, but if you have to
this

At the rate wasrs are going for ($750+) yeah I would spend a little bit more to get a high quality rifle.

You can find good deals on guns and optics on the AK files marketplace. You have a lot of options for an optic depending on your budget.

For combloc optics, the PK series is in the $300 range. I have a PK-A Venezuela, which is heavy but sits low.

you could also get a QUALITY side rail adapter and use a western optic. RS regulate makes a variety of rails and dot specific mounts that you could put an aimpoint or MRO or primary arms/holosuns on. Midwest industries makes a nice 30mm sidereal mount you could put an aimpoint PRO in.

There also is the attero arms rear sight mount for aimpoint micro style or Burris Fastfire dots that go on the rear sight

Here is my wasr with the PkA Venezuela

Attached: 1819B006-C70D-42AB-A35F-B72F2AC4AC94.jpg (1536x2048, 436K)

Here it is with the attero mount and a Fastfire. It’s avtually a really cool setup and idk why I didn’t keep it

Attached: 4C6969CA-F248-42BF-B5D6-BC2ED832CBB7.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

Attached: 6E65797E-3CAD-4FF7-8118-F6ABCA15A785.jpg (4032x3024, 1.76M)

I love my wasr but I don’t think it’s worth $750+shipping and transfer.
Another shot of the PKA

Attached: 3E9D55FA-E4D8-467A-BD82-A8455C990249.jpg (1536x2048, 670K)

>I love my wasr but I don’t think it’s worth $750+shipping and transfer.
this
I got a stupid good deal on mine and like it a lot. But I wouldn't pay current prices for one. If you're already in that range, might as well drop a little more and get something nicer.
If you find a good deal on one though, pick it up.

>2018
>buying an AK

>2018
>being a ar fag

nice owning the reddit of the gun world

I bought a WASR-10 in 2005 and paid $430, which was about twice what it was actually worth. I later sold it for $900 during the Obama gun grab scare.

If you want an AK, don't buy a WASR-10. They look and feel like crap. Save your dollars up and buy a rifle you won't want to get rid of within a year of purchase. Trust me mate, it's not worth it wasting your time and money on inferior rifles. If you really want an AK, buy a good one.

>this is how in denial AKfags have become

QC has gone up significantly since 2005, broheim.

Not really, and other AK's are still better.

How good are Russian red dots like the PKA etc? Decent FOV, clear glass? What's the battery life like? Do they hold zero well?

Literally google it my dude, there are lot of pictures/videos/reviews out there of all the Russian optics.

>2018
>Not owning both

Slr-107, Midwest industries mount, Primary Arms x3

Attached: IMG_20180514_125452083.jpg (3840x2160, 2.97M)

>a couple hundred bucks

Nigga what? It’s about 1000 dollarydoos more expensive. That’s retarded expensive for what you’re getting. An AK isn’t a 1k+ rifle

Spending 1.5 k for an ak is retarded. Tell me what an slr 107 can do that a wasr can’t. I make 500k/yr so don’t poorfag me, it’s just silly to pay 1.5k for a rifle that cost 100 dollars to make

Explain your logic user.

Slr-107r MSRP at $880.

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-131534.png (1440x2560, 331K)

Best post in this thread

>500k/yr
Gross? Net?

>Top 1% earner in US
>On Jow Forums defending WASR's

Learn to lie better faggot

Attached: ac3d3e7bb0458d69a59c0e03f5835072.jpg (236x337, 20K)

Well sheeeeeit, that’s a horse of a different color. So what’s so great about these versus a WASR?

>Tell me what an slr 107 can do that a wasr can’t.

Properly seat standard mags for starters

Gross. Regardless, you need to justify your expenses. If I tossed money around all retarded like it wouldn’t last me long

WASR 10/63 has zero issues other than imagined shit like "it feels cheap"

Then you don't make 500k a year bussiness fag. NET income or GTFO

>$130 more
>Throwing money around
Look dude, if you have a wasr it's a fine rifle. But stop calling your Honda a racecar ok?

>AKs of any kind
>race cars

>Not really
Uh yeah they have, obviously you haven't been paying attention to post 2015 WASRs, dumbass.

Confirmed for not having touched a WASR since the AWB sunset.

>Defending a century arms import this hard

we're trying to tell you this is one case where they didn't fuck up

if you wanna buy some gucci AK that you'll always be afraid to beat up that's fine

/Thread

No, it's obvious you haven't touched on in years. Old WASRs had lots of questionable QC issues including canted sights and mag wobble. Those issues are nonexistant. The only issue with WASRs as of now is the 700+ price tag. Fuck off spreading ancient information like a fudd.

That’s not even relevant to the conversation. The bottom line is I live comfortably and can afford some nice luxuries. You got all autistic or jealous, take your pick. I’m wondering what the differences are between a wasr (which I purchased last fall) vs the slr and whether it’s worth the extra dosh

Look at this label whore

If the wasr has no quality issues, mag well dimples instead of welded inserts and a painted finish instead of the horrible park (which can easily be painted over)

Yes, WASR's are fine. Except for the old ones with poor mag cutouts, canted sights, and exploding trinions. Dodge Rams are fine but I wouldn't buy one because I remember the 90's when they had shit gear boxes and paint jobs that lasted less than a decade

For $130 more you can buy a not historically questionable Bulgarian with chrome lined barrel

Wasr fags btfo. Suggestions for other ak's does not nullify the logic of your purchase.

>For $130 more
anyone buying a WASR for more than $500 is a dumb fucking retard

Hi Jow Forumsguns, you need to go back.

I make 500k
No you don't, how much do you make?
Fuck off, that's not relevant

Enjoy your 70k a year after taxes. How's it feel to buy a job?

Does the paint bubble on the slr or is that extra?

I also gross 500k a year, I just don't brag about it and get butthurt when people ask for net figures

>Exploding trunions
lol you're now confusing Century made guns with WASRS

>For $130
Why would you pay 700+ for a WASR

>Wasr fags btfo
Jesus christ you're glowing, lurk more

>you can buy a not historically questionable Bulgarian with chrome lined barrel
>Dodge Rams are fine but I wouldn't buy one because I remember the 90's when they had shit gear boxes and paint jobs that lasted less than a decade
Are you even self aware at this point?

You literally just did, faggot

Attached: D472F9C2-7320-47FC-91EB-6276FBB96022.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

No, I don’t live in Europe

Holosun or TRS25 with RS regulate mount.

shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Red-Dot-AK-Optic-Combo-Pack-Red-Dot-Hunting-Combo-Pack.htm

This is a good setup and will get you rolling.

Honestly though I'd recommend you invest in good mags before investing in an optic. All the good magazines are imported (circle 10) or surplus, and could go away quickly- they're not getting cheaper either, unlike glass.

Attached: RS regulate.jpg (980x735, 266K)

Slav optics are fucking trash dude

>Century is century my dude
It's a Cugir rifle you idiot. Century just imports them and opens the magwell.

>
>>Century is century my dude
It's a Cugir rifle you idiot. Century just imports them, opens the magwell with a Dremel tool and swaps the trigger group. And probably a few other things in the name of 922r compliance

Fixed

\
>with a Dremel tool and swaps the trigger group. And probably a few other things in the name of 922r compliance
Again, as you admitted and your knowledge shows, you haven't touched a WASR in years. This is hilarious. I'm literally witnessing a beginnings of a fudd. Do you think Bush is still president?

Replace the furniture if that's the case. And if you can find an Arsenal below $1k I'll buy one right now.

if the new wasrs are 100% century-built they'll be worse than the romanian imports from years ago

But you remember that, right? When they used to Dremel out the mag well?

k-var.com/arsenal-slr-107r-762x39-semi-auto-rifle-with-1625-inch-threaded-barrel-stamped-receiver

The closest you will get to a cowitness is a micro red dot like mine. I went with the optics package offered by AK Operators Union, which includes a Holosun T1-style red dot with ACSS reticle and the complete mounting kit for it.

Attached: IMG_20170903_193155270.jpg (4032x2268, 3.41M)

Holy cuck Batman. Regardless of rifle my vote for akm optics is Primary arms x3.

No need to co-witness as AK mounts are quick release if you expirence optic failure

Fuck, I’m resisting the urge. What’s the difference between this and their rifles that are a couple hundred more?

So are slav guns but that doesn't stop you from buying it does it.

Is it worth mounting an optic another way if you don't have a side rail?

I glue the Aimpoint to my eyeball so I have an optic no matter where I look

Slr series are stamped receivers like traditional akm. They sell forged receiver models which cost more. Also, side folders cost extra. I can't give you any real expirence as I've only handled various stamped receivers

What type of glue did you use? i only have elmers

As long as it's Elmer's produced after 2015 you should be ok

Not really. It is worth learning the iron sights while you save up

This is so fucking stupid and yet I am still laughing.

Spotted the pleb. Russian glue is the only patrician tier pick

Attached: 001798BB-FBD0-4756-B43D-68D8BE3E3723.jpg (640x854, 34K)

Who gives a fuck who imported it?

Because ALL AK importers have to make changes to the ak's when they get to America to make them 922r compliant. Century arms is still responsible for assembly to some extent. Do you trust famously sloppy weapons manufacturer century arms to install your Tigger group correctly? Do they install the same shitty rivets used on the c39v2, when they install said trigger group?

Attached: Screenshot_20180514-154831.png (1440x2560, 412K)

>WASR trigger
>Riveted
Are you retarded?

Every 922R part on a wasr is drop in. Lmao do you think they are installing US trunions or something? 922R compliance is the furniture, muzzle brake, magazine, pistol grip, and trigger. That's it. Where do you people come from?

Those haven't been in stock anywhere forever now. Believe me I've been looking for one at that price, they get bought up super fast though

Primary arms Red dot. call it a day

Generally higher build quality, 24mm threads with a much more effective (AK-74 style) compensator.

Most important, though, is the 4.5mm polymer side folding stock. The pistol grip also has a steel reinforcement plate under it to strengthen the receiver should you drop the rifle with the stock folded.

well shit, this thread made me buy a SLR107R off gunbroker. What am I in for, anons?

The build quality is the only thing out of all that I care about. Threads can be converted and folders have problems all their own.

Congratulations user! Arsenal makes an outstanding Rifle.

Attached: one of us.gif (267x200, 148K)

+1 for SLR 107R and RS Regulate mounts. I use a magnified optic on my Saiga, and if you want a good cheek weld you can use the 30mm red dot mounts. It's the lowest mount setup I've seen and is solid as dicks. I use a leatherwood CMR AK762 and the BDC and rangefinder is awesome. Pic related.

Attached: IMAG0903.jpg (2688x1520, 548K)

Also, know that if you use this setup, you need to use a NATO length stock or just any stock with a longer length of pull to get proper eye relief. Here is the reticle.

Attached: 236563i4_ts.jpg (1154x1154, 62K)

Is that plum furniture?

No, just pleb black.

Thank fuck I grabbed mine for ~$450, then.

This!

>Do you trust famously sloppy weapons manufacturer century arms to install your Tigger group correctly?

that tapco G2 is actually pretty comfy for a slug thrower like the WASR 10