Should i buy this?

Should i buy this?
Blackpowder guns are the only completely legal kind of guns that don't require a license in pooland, and this is a cheap model

Attached: nevolimtealja.png (550x279, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNSofzaSNDI
youtube.com/watch?v=TgymEGCW0ho
youtube.com/watch?v=3kqEgijuCu4
youtube.com/watch?v=JzZzoIAmZFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes, but also get your liscense, never know when neimcy or satan will invade again

>brass frame

No.

Attached: IMG_0270.png (389x386, 312K)

he will be fine with a brass remington

As the user above said, get a steel frame.
That being said, blackpowder guns are not for everyone. I personally hate them, annoying and long to lead, extremely annoying to clean (and you have to clean every single part of the gun everytime after you've used it, or else rust will appear immediately)
Also, it's not the kind of gun you can use for self defense. It would be irresponsible to keep it loaded at all times (not to mention after a while, it probably wouldn't work at all), and it's also way too long to load when your house is broken into.
It's basically useless, unless you actually love that particular type of gun, it's just going to collect dust somewhere.

If it's the only kind of gun you can possibly buy, why go for a cheap one? You may as well spend the extra money for a high quality BP revolver with better fitting and a steel frame. I can't imagine Ubertis are too expensive even in your country.

dont do a brass frame on a BP.

alright how bout this one

Attached: lucinanasstrasno.jpg (550x550, 129K)

Go ahead. They’re pretty fun.

Attached: D272C59B-505E-4402-8414-BE18A48720A8.jpg (640x1136, 110K)

if you can get a uberti, and if you want to be traditional get the 8 inch barrel.

im a newfag and everyone i spoke to told me that 5.5 inches is a good lenght for a begginer

>thin red line flag
Patrician taste

>he will be fine with a brass remington
I want to believe this is true. Any sources on this? I think brass frames are sexy, but I want to actually shoot my gun.
Probably shouldn't anyway, since I'd also like the option of using conversion cylinders.

You could not be more completely fucking wrong. If you have to go black powder, the 1858 is the ONLY way to go.
>Buy multiple cylinders
>Cylinder change in 2 seconds flat with practice
>Shoot, reload, clean once a month.

is right about the maintenance, but wrong about the functionnality : a black powder firearm can be kept loaded for a long period of time (talking a couple of months) as long as the cylinder is sealed with grease and the nipples seales. It can be stored safely if you rest the hammer on an empty chamber. The worst thing that can happen is dropping it when it's loaded and capped. If you use oil, fire caps on empty chambers prior to loading, for oil prevents the powder from burning (which can cause hangfires, and decreased power).

If you wanna pick the Pocket .31 in a self-defense perspective, load only the finest powder and .320 or .322 balls.

Attached: Colt Paterson Revolver & Capper Shaun Flanagan.jpg (1024x605, 778K)

This is why the 1858 is win for bp. Load all six cylinders, then there's rest notches for the hammer.

You can shoot underpowered load through brass frame BP revolvers>black powder firearm can be kept loaded for a long period of time (talking a couple of months)
Wrong as fuck. BP firearms are good for an indefinite period of time, revolvers were kept loaded for the entire duration of the civil war and I remember an user from Jow Forums saying his dad kept a BP revolver in a night stand for decades without firing it, and when he got him a pistol they went and shot every cylinder that had been loaded for decades

Cap it with wax properly, and it's fine.

anybody who buys x cause its cheap and the only thing they could get will never afford to shoot enough ammo to break a gun. second or 3rd owner who buys it off first guy cause they needed the money might break it but who cares.

>annoying and long to lead
Fair, but you aren't likely to need more than a couple shots in a self-defense scenario, and the Remington has quick-change cylinders.
>extremely annoying to clean
Not if you season your gun before you shoot it.
>Also, it's not the kind of gun you can use for self defense.
Works well enough. As mentioned above, the need for reloads is unlikely.
>It would be irresponsible to keep it loaded at all times
How come? Put the hammer on an empty cylinder or a safety notch and you're fine.
>not to mention after a while, it probably wouldn't work at all
Total myth. Check out this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=MNSofzaSNDI
And this one starting at 18:13
youtube.com/watch?v=TgymEGCW0ho
And I seem to recall duelist1954 covering it in one of his videos, but I don't remember which. The point is you can leave them loaded for years and they'll work just fine.
>and it's also way too long to load when your house is broken into
Again, leave it loaded or swap-in cylinders on a Remington.
>It's basically useless
Which is why it never saw widespread use in any major American conflicts or during any period of American history. No siree; totally useless.

>empty cylinder
Fuck me; meant empty chamber.

This
Black powder cartridges never had an expiration date, and your average wild west user kept a cap&ball gun for self defense.

My dad has caught all sorts of BP fuddlore, like you're gun will explode if you keep it loaded for more than a week b/c the powder will leak, or that you will get tried for murder b/c 'it's not a legal firearm' even though he contradicts that statement whenever I tell him it's not legal considered a firearm.

>It would be irresponsible to keep it loaded at all times (not to mention after a while, it probably wouldn't work at all),
I'm getting so angry right now

Attached: 1526331445580.gif (516x402, 628K)

That's beyond fuddlore, but I don't want to insult your dad.

Attached: 1517181338348.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Pros:
-The spirits of long-forgotten cowboys will increase erections by 20%
-Not considered a firearm in most circumstances
-You don't feel bad pistol whipping someone with it when it's dry because they're $200 guns lol.

Cons:
-Have fun reloading in the field unless you bought extra cylinders.

Also buy the steel frame version. Not worth the savings on the brass ones.

Attached: DSCN0447-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 50K)

>5.5 inches is a good lenght
user you do know that's what they say to make you feel better right?

this my ex turned around and called me micro penis when we werent dating no more. FUCK YOU POTHOLE PUSSY

I remember the first time I run aground on a girl with a good inch and a half to spare. I was proud, but it was painful.

Attached: 84C7110E-6A58-4C1C-A92F-07BA278D3352.jpg (450x292, 22K)

you have to fiddle around in the back and find the employee lounge, thats where they keep the good stuff

I don't know shit: The Post

Here's a dangerous hack for your bp six shooters. Disclaimer, I'm not responsible if you maim yourself.

You can use toy caps as primers. The type that comes in strip caps tends to work best. If you can't get reliable ignition put some bp in the nipple. Be sure not to use Chinese brands if you want reliability. Only do this at the range. I swear to god if you keep your guns loaded with toy caps you're nuts.

>Cylinder change in 2 seconds flat with practice
On a clean gun, maybe. But when you're actually shooting, the residue will make the cylinder change progressively slower. Still fast enough to be be practical though.

youtube.com/watch?v=3kqEgijuCu4

There are bp alternatives that foul less. They tend to have higher ignition temperatures though.

The history of your country in the past century is marked by being invaded and controlled by nazis and communists. So yes, you should have a firearm even if its a black powder revolver. Get a steel frame and follow the directions other anons are telling you.

So clearly bp stuff is federally considered antique and not a firearm, but what're the carry or by-state laws like? Say I'm traveling from Kentucky to Maine. Kentucky is pretty 2A, Maine is not. Do some states make bp classified as firearms? Do I have to register it if I change states? Do the normal ccw permit laws and restrictions apply if I want to carry it with me? Can I legally carry it inside no-gun zones?

Very true. They match up pretty closely actually.

Illinois considers BP a firearm. I don't know about other States.

A lot of states consider them firearms etc when they're loaded. The laws being complicated is an understatement.

Guys, not op here, but I just had a radical thought. What if you could use the smoke from black powder guns tactically to your advantage? Could it help mask your silhouette?

There's really not as much smoke as you think there is. That's more when you have formations firing than individuals.

Dont get the brass frame, get the steel, just for the fact you can use cylinder conversions on the steel.

Dude Maine literally has constitutional carry, are you talking about Massachusetts? And theres no one answer when every state gets to decide its own laws, but if you get caught with one in a state that doesnt like guns youre probably going to have a bad time.

oy, is that a fucking cap and ball?

Why does nobody in this thread seem to acknowledge the existence of paper cartridges? Sure, they're still not as fast as modern ammo, but it's orders of magnitude faster than loading with loose powder.

What is: a speed tube?

black powder-related stuff is pretty esoteric as it is

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about: it's something a bit more fiddly than a combustible paper cartridge.

Yeah, I'll have to agree. Is there some tutorial on making my own paper cartridges?

Depends on the state. Here in IN, antique/muzzleloading guns are excluded from the carry law (so no permit needed), but included in the law which prohibits those convicted of certain (not all) felonies from owning firearms.

In Kentucky, they're treated the same as modern guns (for carry law, never looked at their felon-in-possession law). Don't know about any other states on your route.

Making Cap & Ball Paper Cartridges
youtube.com/watch?v=JzZzoIAmZFo

I can't find anything to suggest it is legal to open carry a black powder revolver without a permit, but there's nothing stating it is explicitly illegal either. Is it worth trying?

Attached: 1521282403021.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

>I can't find anything
in which state's law?

Get stainless and clean it often.

Hell yeah bro. Go steel frame and get an extra cylinder if you can. If guns were difficult to access for me, I would buy 2 pistols and a 50 cal BP rifle. Follow the instructions dude, They can be a bit complex.

No. Even in states with open carry, you have to expect the police to eventually hassle you. It's your life dude. I wouldn't do it.

Not OP, but yes it is. A buddy of mine has a cap and ball.

Not if you organize a big enough group of Jow Forumsommandos to all open carry BP guns together. :)

Police are going to hassle you no matter what if you carry open or if you carry concealed in a state that requires a ccw.

True, however that's more of a political statement than anything else. I'm not against it, but no thanks.

This is true, however, open carry can be an invitation to cops. Proper concealed carry is not an advertisement. If you mean that cops will hassle you whether or not you carry, I agree.

I really want to see this happen in my city. I would wear tan short shorts, my Tropentarn vest, and my trusty slamfire Ithaca

I seen some shit

It could be fun. I actually saw it briefly in California. Nobody actually cared. Starbucks put up a sign that said don't bring guns. The media briefly sperged out and then went silent. Good luck user. IMHO, if it happens, don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself. Just act like a regular guy expressing his constitutional rights. You want people to see that you and what you are doing are normal and acceptable.

Sauce on this please.

wow all those people who lived from 1800 to 1900 should be told their guns didnt work

brass frame will last forever if you shoot the approprate rated loads. the manufacturer says what they can handle in their manuals. with brass frame .44s you can shoot 20gr charges all day and never have a worry. i wouldnt shoot 35 or 40 gr full loads in one with any frequency but they will certainly handle it a few odd times

source: i own a brass frame colt .44 copy as well as numerous steel ones

I kind of want to make a spectacle, show off my muscle legs, wear some aviator sunglasses, and tell the press that "hey, not all gun owners are overweight baby boomers. You can be fit, young, confident, and own guns too"

>got a Pietta 1858 in .44 a few days ago
>tfw soon taking it to a USPSA match, do some tacticool low light shooting with it using a handheld light

I will become the hihg speed low drag black powder shooter. If only I had NVG's for maximum cool guy points.

Attached: 1518112550768.jpg (960x960, 144K)

Its your life bruh. You do you.

>Also, it's not the kind of gun you can use for self defense
>he doesn't defend his home with a musket and a brace of flintlock pistols

Attached: brainletss.png (181x279, 7K)

> but it was painful
You’re a big guy

Attached: image.jpg (249x386, 61K)

>Living my dream
Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.
>If only I had NVG's for maximum cool guy points.
You could use an old miner's headlamp. Play up the old-timey thing.

I'm sorry, you know I had to.

Well you got yourself banned, what’s the next part of your master plan?

Crashing this thread.
WITH NO SURVIVORS

>maine is not pro 2A
Mainefag reporting in, where the hell did you hear that? We have constitutional carry and no gun laws beyond federal law except for a ban for domestic abusers (and fuck those guys).

You can CCW a BP revolver here if you feel like it. No permit required. People may think you're autistic as hell, but no one will really care. (unless you're in Portland, but don't go there.)

As for traveling between states, the rule of thumb is, keep it unloaded, locked, and out of reach--like deep in the trunk--and don't stay the night in anti gun states, and you should be fine even if they find it. I think there's a law that clarifies protection for just traveling through the state--only stopping for food or gas--but look it up before you do it.

>If you have to go black powder, the 1858 is the ONLY way to go.

I shoot better with colts.

New York will fuck you on that. They cut off Maine and Vermont

>thoughts ?

Attached: lol.no.barrel.png (956x675, 378K)

I would except you need to be 21 in order to even consider getting a permit, and I'm turning 19 this June.

Just buy more revolvers if you don't to reload so often

>thots?
I'm not exactly sure how you plan on putting the ball down, as there is no plunger like you see in im sure you can think of something, but consider that beforehand.

Also, their sights are fixed to 75km

In NY it's not a firearm unless it's loaded or you have all the materials to load it.
If you want to shoot it you need a pistol permit and the revolver needs to be registered to that permit.

Or, you know, just go inawoods and have fun.

Just join some pro-gun org (or don't) and get a licence. It wasn't this easy in 100 years in PL.

>a black powder firearm can be kept loaded for a long period of time (talking a couple of months) as long as the cylinder is sealed with grease and the nipples seales.
Some guy did tests, he locked two loaded, (grease covered) colts in a box for two years, they fired all chambers.

Attached: 2018-05-16 14.35.46.jpg (2560x1920, 1.33M)