/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
Out By The Wood Pile Edition
>Thread #611

Old thread here

Attached: 31711509_1637971842961219_2557321470472617984_n.jpg (1080x1080, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
luxguns.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

>Bolt handle extension
Are these worth it or no?

Why are Saigas the best ak variants on the market?

Imagine not owning a Type-III, if you can.

>Imagine not owning a Type-III
Not easy to do, that's for sure.

Let's all three of us seperate entities join together in a hearty laugh at the no T3ers.

Attached: 1514081390695.jpg (406x362, 29K)

>this cost less than a wasr
Why aren’t you boys building yet?

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

Where do I get a finished AK-74 receiver?

Is wasr best?

This is a morrissey that cost me like $40 on the files, but I think Atlantic or somewhere else sells them too. If you want most authentic (74ullc doesn’t count because nobody is trying to wait one decade per receiver) my vote goes to recreator. Childers makes them too.

yes

What is it? Arsenal?

#
well u could have gotten an m85 and then just added a stabilizing brace.
But now both it and the M80 are gone so, good luck with your absolute dogshit Century or retardedly expensive Arsenal m8.

Why couldn't you just buy brass 7.62 for winter? Also 5.56 is a meme round fitting of a braced AK pistol, because that's about what it should be used for. The 10.7 inch barrel on the 85 is good till 200 yards easy with a shouldered brace, and it hits 400 targets every time at my range, just don't count on tight groups. But you can't really count too much on m4s at that range so??? I love my 85 pistol, it's what got me into AKs so I'm biased, but it's completely functional with a brace. And it makes you the edgiest boi possible without breaking the law. (Except in gay states.)

Kit build, everything bulgy except the receiver and the gayVAR shroud

Why is Arsenal furniture so shit? $900 gun and absolute joke furniture. Please tell me wood AK furniture is less shitty.

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with Arsenal furniture? It's just regular plastic like on any other gun.

How do?

New raifu

Attached: E5503410-960D-4E92-917A-AD6559FC6CF1.jpg (1920x1080, 768K)

I see. I'm interested in doing a 5.45 build, and my uncle (who has the tools) wants to try building one.

I have a bitch of a time finding the fucking parts kit tho. Seems to be plenty of Romy AIMS kits available, and I suppose I could just not use the shitty wire stock, but I'd really hate to end up with extra parts for no reason.

>you didnt buy all the saigas when they were under $300

Attached: 1526357325567.jpg (1000x939, 552K)

It feels like toy plastic. I feel like I got meme'd on. Don't even get me started on the dust cover.

Fuck I want that middle one

It feels like any other plastic furniture I've got on any other gun. But tell me about the dust cover.

get building

Attached: 1209171145b.jpg (800x450, 67K)

I'd throw away my other guns if their plastic felt that way. Anyhow, the dust cover is made of what I can only assume to be tin foil, folded, pressed and painted black.

>TFW my friendo just got a Saiga 5.45 semi-scary rifle for $650 last week
I am a jelly fucker for sure. At least I get to shoot it and finally see what 5.45 is like.

I unironically might. What website and details on that furniture?

Why the fuck did you guys buy all the romanian donkey dick wood foregrips

Why?

I needed to make more sharkfins

post other guns

Do you own any other AKs?

Don’t start with an aims or tantal unless that’s what you wanna build, get bulgy. They were about $300 shipped a couple years ago in new shape with bayo and stuff, but they’ve gone up since then. I think rguns still has some on gunbroker for $400ish but probably no bayo. Keep an eye out on the files, I got that kit for $550ish recently—bulgy kit and barrel with bulgy combo block and 4.5 folder setup, headspaced and populated by turbothis. Came with everything in the photo except the receiver, cleaning rod and shroud. Dude galled the chamber end pressing it out when he went to build it up, and I guess it bothered him enough that he wanted to offload it. It’s a minor cosmetic issue that doesn’t bother me, but I’ll probably fill it in prior to painting.

Negative, just the SLR107
Atlantic is selling 2 sets of dong furniture for $45, got some incoming

Fug off. I had to buy the shit Hungarian one thats steel and wood except it looks like ass.

Attached: 20180515_225653.png (962x1695, 272K)

kit is from arms of america. magpul moe lower handguard, sb tactical sob-47 brace, romanian plastic pistol grip, holosun hs510c reflex sight, streamlight protac rail mount 2 light.

because they were cheap as fuck.. i got like 30 sets of furniture from apex for under $20/ea back around 2011, they're still sitting in a box in my basement.

>i got like 30 sets of furniture from apex for under $20/ea back around 2011, they're still sitting in a box in my basement.
Would you part with 2 sets for $40?

Not them but what a horrible lowball, jeeeez.

no, i'd sell one set for $75+shipping

With the prices on Atlantic and the fact they're in the basement I thought it wasn't too Jewish, sorry

Anything I should get or know for my new RPK? Yugo kit on Childers receiver, Green Mountain chromelined barrel.

Attached: F18613E3-E192-4B72-97E6-86CA11793672.jpg (1920x1080, 765K)

>Anything I should get
BHO mags and at least one drum.

>Green Mountain Barrel
oof, heard those were pretty soft, hope it works out for you.

What's the purpose of the finned barrel? Weight savings?
Romy top-loader, to be precise.

those two for $45 sets on atlantic don't have any upper handguards, and they're probably not matched sets, fwiw.

they sell single full sets for $60 each, but are out of stock.

Pretty got some of the hardwear for my Atlantic Romanian kit.
Just need some tang screws and the screw for the grip.
Pics soon

Attached: 352777B8-4B12-412D-B298-F3B94E87B24A.jpg (750x410, 247K)

they're also janky, missing bits.

Attached: romygrabset (6 of 6).jpg (1000x540, 121K)

Better cooling.

Actually they tested second highest when AKfiles did that test. Higher than Arsenal’s and WASRs.
Supposedly a better heat sink

>higher
Shit, I meant harder.

yes, you are biased. AK pistols are a meme.

Attached: Yugoslav partisan WW2.png (291x454, 133K)

>those two for $45 sets on atlantic don't have any upper handguards
Fuck me I didn't notice that before ordering. Fucking kek. Someone pls sell me 2 upper handguards.

Attached: 1524693751172.jpg (374x404, 23K)

Can’t wait till I’m 21 to get a Draco but I’m afraid that some shit gun laws will pass or they’ll go up in price, badfeelsman.jpg

Attached: 1526165888732.gif (482x800, 31K)

why does your optics rail look so far forward?

How much longer senpai. I felt the same way, I actually thought I would never be able to own a gun at all.
Now I just recently turned 21 and have a pretty sizable collection starting to grow.
>feelsgoodman

moved up for the sling point that now on the receiver

I'm happy I never really had to deal with that. 18-21 flew by for me and I never really had to want for a pistol since I could just go to my parents and take one of my dads if I wanted one. I OC'd an XD or a Blackhawk until I turned 21 and bought myself a Glock.

I wish young people without cool gun owning parents weren't restrained by retarded gun laws.

Pretty happy

Attached: FEF78317-3F3D-4B84-85AE-71D4EF009B0F.jpg (3966x2496, 2.13M)

Did you take that photo in an elementary school?

>us barrel
No thanks.

Finished up these two last month. Now working on a psl kit I just picked up
Hope to have it done for #psl season

Attached: 20180424_222518.jpg (3541x1645, 3.72M)

How are the atlantic battlefield pick ups? Anyone have experience dealing with them?

Was the M92 used in the Balkan Wars at all?

I want that yugo bad

Anyone want to buy a Lazutchik-M for $70 shipped?

Attached: Z-1.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Is it actually converted

I'll give you 50 burgers

M90NP is your only bet blyatman, it is 5.56 and takes AR mags.

Honestly I don’t get why US manufacturers have not taken this route, it takes out the variables of imported magazines and ammunition that hobble US made AKs. Century should have been on top of this, the AR magwells in the M85NP and M90NP are their doing, why not have a RAS-556 and skip over the magazine compatibility issues.

Is slr 10ur good to go or will it cramp the bed?

*slr 107r

Buy brass cased 7.62 and one of those brass catchers the guy on the files is selling

You realize a shit ton of AKs have US barrels right?
Example: NHM-90
Another: SAR series

I'll give you $60

>haha, way overpriced. Grey Shop has one cheaper
>go to price compare
>$100
Well then

Where did you find all these nice kalashnikovs?!

What optic is this, user? This is my dream set up, but with a regular tula bake

Attached: IMG_0750.jpg (1200x1600, 693K)

>2 WASRs and an SAR(?)
Gunbroker.

Looks like a Kobra to me

I live in a ban state, but am hopefully moving in a month and I just can't take it anymore so I bought half a dozen bakes and I'm having them shipped to a friend in a free state to hang onto until I move. Feels pretty good.

What's the wood on the top gun?

U wot m8

Saigas and MAK90s too

Within the EU, how difficult would it be to buy an AK from a respectable retailer such as luxguns.com if I live in a different country?

NHM90 and MAK90 are the same rifle, just different names. Some are marked as both. Some are marked as both AND Type 56S

DAKM owner here, I shared this list time you asked. They stay out of stock for a long time. Maybe he stopped making them, moved on to other rifles. Check copper custom. DA and MAC teamed up. DA builds the rifles, MAC sells. them on his online store.

Are they as amazing as they've been shown to be. They still go for same price in pastebin?

Are Finnish Kalashnikovs kosher in this thread, or should they be in a Finnish-specific thread?

This very rifle is a Sako M92S from the second batch. I personally own a first batch M92S, which has a slighty different muzzle brake and a different night sight post.

Attached: m92s.jpg (2889x1122, 2.05M)

Definitely kosher.

That's a gorgeous rifle. Are you a Finn?
>Tfw you'll never own one

Newfags are insufferable.

Neat
AK derivatives and other combloc weapons are acceptable here.
And AUGS for some reason.

I was reading about Russia's gun control and noticed they can't own rifles that are able to accept more than 10 rounds. Does this mean they're limited to mosins and sks'?

No, AUGs are not. Just because two posters constantly force them here doesn't mean they're accepted.
Nothing wrong with them, per se. Just like FALs, they can get the fuck out.

That one has the gay velcro.

Attached: 2718.jpg (1536x2048, 748K)

Finnish AKs are pure sex
Sad I'll likely never have one unless I want to play a hefty price

"Mom I posted it again!"

I like AUGs too and will post it here if I ever get one.

Wrong, that's outdated info. There's only one mag restriction - not allowed to hunt with a mag larger than 10rnds.

Will tell you in a few days. Ordered one with plum polymer furniture for 930. D-did I do good?

I heard arsenal will come out with a new batch of 106's here soon.. I'm going to pick up an FR before they import them as 106f's and all the folders dry up like the 107's did. can anyone confirm this import info?

Attached: fleckmyfleck.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)