What are the rules for road rage and weapons?

Road rager with a baseball bat goes to town on some dude in Trenton, NJ.

How would you respond to this if it happened to you? What if you were just a passerby?

Shame about the windshield, I guess that’s what you get when you let a rager get that close to your car with a baseball bat.

Video: youtu.be/7M5GXJIKjb0

Attached: 8327D2DD-A01B-4CC4-AF8F-DA3832B6D200.png (2436x1125, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MjWTNDQzIWY
youtu.be/71pgHPTU2UI
youtu.be/bB2IC3gjq7U
youtu.be/b2CNguZ2IdI
nypost.com/2014/11/27/cops-release-video-of-officer-fatally-shooting-12-year-old/
strawpoll.me/15709986
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>New Jersey
Quickly swim across the Delaware as fast as I could

texas here, castle doctrine applies to your vehicle a well so...

Attached: 1512180974079.jpg (950x750, 74K)

You sue the shit out of him later with the video.
In most cucked states if he had attempted to drive away and stuck the belligerent attacker he could have been charged with attempted manslaughter where as the attacker was simply assaulting him.
Or some shit.

If you're a passer by, call the police duh.
If it's you, call the police/video record/ draw and tell them to fuck off then call the cops.

wat

I hit a guy for road raging at me and I wasn’t charged with anything.

>hit
With your car? or with your hand. And yeah having video proof of them getting violent and going nuts can save your bacon but in a cucked place like NJ you'd be surprised.

I hit him with my car and he went flying

Are you a 90lbs female? I don't know the situation but that's pretty rare.

It means if you’re attacked in your car you can blast em.

>how would you respond
Depends on the race of the one being attacked. Not white? Not my problem

happened to my brother in construction traffic. You can kill them in self defense, like pretty much anywhere else. I don't think anyone would argue that road ragers don't deserve it for acting like children.

>If it's you, call the police/video record/ draw and tell them to fuck off then call the cops.
>You must be a victim in order to combat the aggressor!
I really fucking hate progressive thinking.

It's the law man. You cant draw on someone for being angry. OP asked what you'd do in the guys shoes, and he obviously isnt armed or physically capable of fending for himself.
>just get out of the car and fight some guy with a bat
Nah.

>be me
>be driving
>guy tries to pass me on right on 2 lane road
>stops his car in front of me in the intersection
>walks to my car and tries to open the door a bunch of times,screaming obscenities
>hit the gas and turn the wheel and he goes up over the hood, sneakers go flying
>pull up 2 blocks distance and call the cops

Had a noguns friend that was driving home, some guy had road rage, he had no idea why. Basically, he ended up getting boxed in by the road rager and got out of his car and started walking towards my friends car. My friend slammed the gas and pinned him up against his car and the road ragers car. He backed off, but the guy came again, so he floored it again. The guy then sat down on the ground and called the cops, trying to get my friend arrested. My friends car was totaled, and he was completely off the hook. He said that if he would have had a gun, he would have killed him. Road rager had his kids in the back seat, kids almost witnessed their dumb ass dad die.

Make sure your passengers witness you
Shiny and chrome

>happened to my brother in construction traffic. You can kill them in self defense

defending yourself from an attacker=/=killing them

You defend yourself by stopping a threat, not neccesarily killing them. Killing them is simply something that can happen out of consequence of stopping a threat.

sure.

Georgia here. If he's brandishing a weapon you can just lean out of the window and shoot him. I love this state.

>You cant draw on someone for being angry.
Being "angry" (acting aggressively) in combination with a deadly weapon and making verbal threats then escalating to smashing your window with a bat?
Pretty solid case of self defense, either floor it out of there and/or magdump if armed.

>You defend yourself by stopping a threat, not neccesarily killing them. Killing them is simply something that can happen out of consequence of stopping a threat.
Dead people don't testify against you, besides if you have a reason to defend yourself you might as well magdump anyway, it's the only way to be sure.
Seems to work for the cops.

>sure.
Dipshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MjWTNDQzIWY

hello the real world is calling, please see You don't have the extra protections and backing of the state, you are not a cop.

Had a guy with a NJ/NY accent try to do the same to me here in Texas. He parked his car in the turning lane and tried to block me from making my turn.

I had my, at the time pregnant wife in the car too. I just went around him and pulled into a Sonic and had my wife call the police. I just sat with iur doors locked and him circling us several times before fucking off since the Sonic employees were coming outside.

If I had a gun at the time, I honestly would have shot him out in the street. He had us almost blocked, his windiw was down and he was screaming at my wife and telling her he was going to kick our asses.

If he had pulled up behind us at Sonic, my plan was to get my tire tool out and give him a few smacks with it until he left, or the police showed up.

On top of that the Sonic kid was great. She walked out and saw what was going on then had more people come outside, she walked up and asked if we had the police coming or if she needed to call.

Texas is a pretty great place.

>Dead people don't testify against you

You're damn right. The witnesses will.

What he did wrong there is that he fired first two shots, guy was no longer a threat, then he leans over again to put one more round to his head.
That is not self defense, that is an execution.
Dumping 8 rounds center mass before the guy has the chance to drop?
Justified.
If you then after you stop firing and see that the target is no longer a threat you lean over and put one more in his head when he is on the ground?
Murder.

What i am saying if you start firing you shouldn't stop until the target is DOWN, not that you should walk over to him and put one in his head point blank when he is already on the ground bleeding out.

Car>bat

Hasn't anyone played dayz? As soon as he hoped out I would have ran him and his baseball bat over.

you say that, but if there were witnesses I can guarantee you'd do some time in prison.

There have been cases like that all over this state. People always get off because they "feared for their life" and brandishing a weapon here is considered a form of assault, even with witnesses. Sorry :)))

let him chase me with his bat while in reverse laughing at him then I would go forward break his car door off by hitting it then take off.

No one disagreed with that. Each case and state is different and you should take that into account.

>NJ/NY

This happens here in Florida, NJ/NY plated cars cutting people off and being really aggressive, these retards forget that their actions are writing checks their ass can’t cash.

And you don't need a license to have one in your car. Fuck I love this state.

It depends on the circumstances of the brandishing. More than a few people have gone to prison too, don't act like because x and y person got off, you can murder someone with no consequences.

You need to fear for your life to shoot someone. Otherwise the soccer moms on the jury are going to fuck you.

You don't understand that someone coming at you with a baseball bat here in Georgia constitutes a situation where you reasonably fear for your life. Are you from a cuck state?

Yeah.

We're getting more Californians (who are pussies that just speed by and yell at you.) And more New York/New Jersey fucks that think they have to fight anyone and everyone if they get angry in the car. This never used to happen, and now if you get on our highway you get Cali plates nearly running you off the road or some Guido screeching at you because you didn't allow him to run a red light or something. It's weird how they just show up and assume someone in Texas or Florida is going to put up with them.

Our police complain about them too, which is pretty funny in my opinion.

living in FL man, just the sight of that fucking black and yellow license plate ruins my day

Attached: mildly irritated.png (927x608, 320K)

If you're out of the car and he's just smashing your shit? Record on the cell phone and keep your distance. Although, when he steps out of the car with a bat, that's really difficult to determine if he is or is not about to bash your skull in.

If you or your family are still in the car? I think it's likely you'll get at least one reasonable person who believes he was trying to get to you and kill you or your family, and you can act accordingly.

Best option is not to stop at all.

ok sure, at certain points in the video he could've shot the angry guy. But then you take that and basically say "if I see a baseball bat I can shoot"

You'd go to jail and you know it

Living in Georgia man, just the site of a Florida plate means I'll be stuck behind some kike who doesnt know how to drive.

I live in New York, and I hate NY drivers too. Drives me nuts how people treat you like an asshole for simply following basic traffic laws.

Brandishing a weapon doesnt mean just having a baseball bat you fucking retard. Stop trying to move the goal posts. You can't just shoot someone for having a gun slung over their back and you absolutely know that's not what we're talking about.

In Texas someone threatening you with any weapon at all is grounds to shoot them. It doesn't matter if he's "just smashing your car", since you can also defend your property. On top of that...who cares? A scumbag got shot. If the shooter gets arrested for execuying the guy, that's his issue for also being a scumbag.

I mean, you're not wrong.

the illinois driver behind you would like you both to move to the right

I'm a minority and in Florida so I would've shot him in the face.

>please see
So you proved his point for him?

the impatience of these faggots baffles me sometimes. I've been honked at for driving the speed limit, flipped off for honking at some faggot so they get off their phone and fucking drive through the green light, honked at and then flipped off for stopping at a red light, this shit never ends. I wish I could move somewhere where everything is within bike distance and I never have to touch a steering wheel again.

Have fun with your life in prison sentence Tyrone.

my point was that just because someone is brandishing a weapon doesn't mean you are legally clear to shoot. There has to be a clear and present threat to your life.

yeah I'm not defending the guy in the vid. Hes a total ass and if he got shot he'd deserve it.

I just don't want people coming into this thread and seeing misinformation. I want you all to stay out of prison and stay armed.

Attached: def.png (623x327, 20K)

Same. I dont live in the city but when they're coming to niagara falls or the finger lakes its super obvious. A friend lived in long island and told me you have to be aggressive and shitty or else you just sit in traffic for hours...
People down in the city are just fucking shitty in general.

This video is from a facebook page called philly offensive and is staged

That and California platers

Attached: CE03F4FA-F30E-4B7D-84AA-6BB12C3622D2.png (665x817, 310K)

You're saying the brandishing of a weapon doesn't give you the right to shoot. In my state, Texas, and numerous other states it in fact does give you grounds to shoot. Brandishing under State Law in many states means you are carrying a weapon in a manner meant to cause another person fear of bodily harm or death. Having your rifle on your back is not brandishing. Having it raised and pointed at a person is. Having a baseball bat with you, walking down the street is not brandishing. Taking a stance with it and acting like you will hit someone is. Smashing a car with, to make someone fear for their life, depending on State and how the police and courts want to interpret it can be a felony crime...which, you are given grounds to shoot to stop a violent felony if it threatens you, or another person.

Is this one staged?
youtu.be/71pgHPTU2UI

How about this one, is it also staged?
youtu.be/bB2IC3gjq7U

And this one? Is this one also staged?
youtu.be/b2CNguZ2IdI

Why do you feel the need to subvert the discussion we are having?

>my point was that just because someone is brandishing a weapon doesn't mean you are legally clear to shoot. There has to be a clear and present threat to your life.
Self defense and deadly force statutes vary considerably by state. Some states have proportionality requirements and a duty to flee, others don't. Some only allow deadly force in defense of yourself, others allow it in defense of third parties and property as well. The bar for reasonable belief that a life is in danger also varies between states, but is generally very low. Brandishing a weapon almost certainly meets the bar in most places.

Most states provide summaries and explanations of their self defense/deadly force laws, go read those instead of making shit up on the internet.

Why were you cruising in the passing lane

This. In Georgia brandishing a weapon at someone is seen as assault and you can definitely stand your ground immediately.

Could be worse. Could be Massachusetts.

"A person is justified in threatening or using force against another person when, and to the extent that, he/she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himselfYherself or a third person against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. A person is justified in using force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if that person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself/herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony"

When someone threatens me with a baseball bat, I fear for my life. I shoot.

Brandishing a weapon at someone is a threat. Case closed boys. Welcome to Georgia.

Draw on 'em and dump a magazine into his fat body, call the police and inform them of situation, comply with responding officers orders, Judge deems it as self defense, go home and laugh about it on Jow Forums say my defense ammo is now proven best.

I didn't say you were wrong, you're just making a completely redundant semantics argument against a stranger on the internet so you aren't worth the effort. The fact that the word "sure" got you so butthurt speaks volumes. You're trying to explain something to me that I actually lived through, as if I don't know.

Not that user but you lived through your specific instance under your specific circumstances. In another state you could have been facing life in prison even if you were 100% in the right.

This

>mfw yesterday saw retarded snowbird driving around with their gas flap and cap hanging out

Wish they'd all die from dementia already

Attached: 1521474424739.jpg (1570x1536, 396K)

>semantics

Please go explain to a jury how you inteded to "kill" someone in self defense as opposed to stopping them as a threat. If you ever get any shit, tell them they're just being pedantic faggots. See how that works out, you idiot.

By any chance have you considered on becoming a self defense instructor so you can teach people how to make anchor shots and drag bodies back into your house? You seem to REALLY know your shit.

litteraly just got road raged. guy cut me off in his jeep, i gave him the finger. he followed me for two blocks and took a picture of my liscence plate and told me he would find me. how realistic is this?

should I be afraid?
i live in nyc so no guns

i took down his liscence plate info
but i dont know what to do with it
what do

You should probably call your local police (not 911) and give them a run down. You dont really have anything but the threat to press charges on if you really want to give them a reason to track you down.

Fuck off nigger

if I go to police will they automaticly go find the guy? i just want to go away. luckily my car is registered at my other home, but still.

This here. Unless I know the White person is a race mixer or some degenerate.

If you want to press charges they'll maybe do something about it. Threatening you with stalking and harassment can be a big thing.

I saw one with their fucking trunk open, another one was stopped in the dead center of an intersection and waited for their light to turn green to finish going through, one was stopped literally on the other side of the intersection but was still stopped and waiting for the light, a few weeks back I almost got into a really bad accident when one of these idiots blew through a 2 way stop at 45mph. I hope to God I die before my mental state reaches whatever level these fucktards are on.

How is he gonna prove without video evidence that the other guy threatened him?

That is something that he will have to prove in court. Sometimes simply summoning someone to court and their reaction is enough to validate it.

>taps baseball bat on hood
>you shoot him
>you go to prison

there are so many situations where you shoot someone who is legally brandishing and you'd still go to prison. please fuck off with your misinformation

what if I dont want to press charges. should I just not go to police?
is there a way to go to police and file report but not press charges or alert the person?

my real concern is that my wife uses my car. not so much about me.

also, this occured on a MAJOR intersection there will be video evidence of our interaction though it would take a full court case to conjour it up. i really dont want to press charges or inflame the issue. maybe i should Give it a couple of days. Idk.

how realisic is it that someone can track you down via license plate.

>taps baseball bat on hood
>feel my life is threatened/guy is about to commit felony with a deadly weapon
>shoot him
>get off Scott free because Georgia isn't a cucked kike state
Sorry pal, not having freedom must suck.

>legally brandishing a weapon
You do know the only legal way to brandish a weapon is if you feel your life is in danger here right? Stop being retarded kiddo. Disregarding your posts from here on out as kike shilling.

This is correct.

What your forgetting is that each state has it's own definition of what brandishing is. It doesn't matter what a dictionary says or the internet it is what the state regulations say. In States with stand your ground laws someone approaching you with a weapon would be considered a threat to life and all you have to do is convincingly state that you feared for your life and was withing you legal right to be where you were to the police and court.

You'd be surprised how much public info is on the internet. Google your license plate and see what comes up.

No joke in california some mom ran over a kid walking home from an airsoft game because she saw someone with a gun... which I cant find.
Link fairly related, cop thought his life was in danger so he shot a 12 year old with a clear plastic airsoft pistol
nypost.com/2014/11/27/cops-release-video-of-officer-fatally-shooting-12-year-old/

And this.

i did i could not find myself

It's more than likely a scare tactic in the first place but that is a terroristic threat.

NYer here. Nothing makes me happier than seeing some dipshit manchild who can’t control his anger get out of the car because someone did something minor driving and then get his ass absolutely handed to him/get arrested for menacing/crim mis. I’ve seen it a few times, and it never gets old.

should I press charges and apply for the coveted NYC business carry? i was working at the time

>legally brandishing

You cannot legally brandish a weapon in my state. Pointing your gun at a Guido with a baseball bat is not considered brandishing.

And then they get absolutely assblasted when they get a ticket for driving like a complete fucking asshole.

everything about this vid screams FUCKING FAKE. everyone conveniently starts recording right at the right time.

It depends on if your work endorses it. I'd suggest doing some googling as I'm not sure if that's even a think still..
DESU it took me 2 years to get my pistol permit in my county so if you're interested start now.

I work with my family. my father has a carry permit

You shouldn’t flip people off to begin with, because then if it did escalate and you defended yourself, you’d have to explain why you escalated things by flipping the guy off instead of just letting it go.

I am curious. Are more people driving while mad lately? I live in a small town and recently encountered my first road rager

strawpoll.me/15709986

yes i am aware. he almost hit my car on purpose i did not know what else to do this IS nyc

NY (not NYPD) LEO here. That will literally go nowhere. You have harassment at best, which is only a violation. People say shit like that all the time, and they never track anyone down because they’re talking out their asses. I wouldn’t worry.

Don’t flip people off from now on, or you’re going to have to explain why you escalated the encounter and turned it into a self-defense situation, even if the other guy is a complete fucking asshole.

fake and gey

His ability to get a permit may have not been work related. It's very difficult in nyc so without asking for more details I can only tell you to attempt it and talk to your father about the necessary hoops that need to be jumped through.
This. Don't instigate.

thanks thats what I wanted to know. Im sorry for escalting it. his driving was ap aggressive and dangerous I didnt know what else to do. cooler heads prevail.