Are these actually useful for anything? I want to get one badly

Are these actually useful for anything? I want to get one badly.

Attached: shockwave.jpg (1000x540, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

home defense

youtube.com/watch?v=tYjThckYqBQ

I was also thinking of getting one of these instead, seeing as it's probably more practical. Does anyone have experience with short LOP mossberg 500s?

Attached: short-stock-mossberg.jpg (500x140, 6K)

most likey your gun will never be useful.
Most likely your CCW handgun will be the most useful.

truck gun.

The .410 would be useful for keeping raccoons out of your trash cans. Home defense includes racoons not just Wakandan coons.

Put a brace on it

1) Home defense, especially in New York State.
2) Vehicle/camping/travel gun
3) Range fun
4) Fuck the NFA

For all of that, I'd strongly consider getting the 20 gauge. Even the new .410 version would be fine, to be honest - if there's any gun that makes a rational case for .410, the Shockwave is it.

Fun as shit. Like really really fucking fun. Also got like 8 shots if you use the adapter and the aguila mini shells. It also skirts SBS laws so there's that too

Attached: 1526391405251.jpg (535x456, 82K)

recoil isn't felt the same holding a pistol grip as it is a birds head grip

>at least that's what people on gun forums told me

Put an SB tactical brace and you have a non nfa sbs.

Attached: Screenshot_20180517-223705.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

Just ordered mine for $299+ tax, waiting for it to come in, new truck gun. Need to find a SB Tact brace after it gets in, and maybe a heat shield for looks. *shrug*

mine is the 12 gauge model... however I may pick up a 410 for my woman as a home defense gat...

May cave and get the 20 gauge one later on if I inherit my Gramp's old 20 gauge side by side coach gun....

This is genius. I think I might be getting a shockwave in the near future.

this is true at the same time people over exaggerate how impossible it is to shoot a normal pistol grip. cause they saw some vid of a guy punching themseves in the face. its an improvement but not a huge one maybe 20-30% better.
both options suck compared to a real stock. the birdshead just sucks a bit less.

Attached: 27624866_10213740236094124_124963290969027661_o.jpg (2048x1152, 104K)

I got a shockwave because reasons. But if I were you, I’d get the TAC-14 with a brace. Mostly because the placement of the safety would be too awkward on the Mossberg

>2007+11
>Owning a Remington

Maybe if their quality control wasn't shit ever since they were bought out. Plus the TAC-14 only has 4+1, Shockwave is 5+1. Ill take an awkward safety over getting a lemon.

Breaching doors.

BOOMSTICK

They're not garbage, but they're pretty hard to use well without lots of practice. Most would suggest to just get it as a toy.

In 20 Gauge and with a laser, they're probably not too bad.

They'll work. If the pull is too short for you, you could switch out the stock for a longer or adjustable one (like an M4 stock).
Optionally slip on a pad extension.

But yes, a shotgun with some kind of shoulder stock will always be far easier to use and far more practical.

Depending on load selection, .410 Bore is pretty well suited for rabbit, turkey and even smaller deer (assuming slugs). It's not a bad little hunting round.

For the package the Shockwave is, I'd agree it actually wouldn't be bad, since recoil is a concern, and .410 isn't actually shabby with buck, slugs, or fancy loads like Winchester PDX.
It's far better than those revolvers, which are clunky and scatters shot really badly due to their rifled bores (yet their rifling is generally pretty bad for actual pistol cartridges, giving pretty bleh groupings).
It wouldn't be my first choice, but as a backup, or if it was all you had, it'd be workable. Shotguns certainly have intimidation going for them, even small bore ones.

This is true, the bird's head grip is far more comfortable for shooting than a bare pistolgrip, but it still falls very short of having a stock.

This works too. Fit it with a light on the front, a sling, and a shell saddle on the left of the receiver, and you've got an alright little pump gun for HD. Just grab and go.

Get/ load mini shells, 8+1 and reduced recoil. Btw the marinecote version is superior.

In on shockwave thread. What's a decent side saddle for it?

Are there 20 Gauge minishells, and how well do they perform?

No, only 12 (according the LGS worker) I love them, and I'm a frail wristed manlet

Close quarters, giant middle finger to the NFA.

Can you aim and successfully keep it away from your face?

If so, then fuck yes it is. If not, then it's homeschool dentistry.

So you can put on any stock or brace that would go on a normal Mossberg 500?

Attached: fl4xco8.png (537x600, 59K)

Apparently, it's listed as "other" on the 4473. Depending on your CCW laws, this could be illegal.

Attached: 1505709336828.jpg (1111x1600, 484K)

Truck gun

Attached: 1493330428842.png (378x406, 276K)

>put a stock on a Shockwave
lol enjoy jail

Attached: ATF2.jpg (640x287, 31K)

I often see people saying that these are difficult to use correctly and using it as a reason to discourage the purchase.
This overlooks a simple solution: [spoiler]get gud[/spoiler]

Kek. Sauce on the comic?

I get that, but did they make it mechanically different? If they didn't, then there isn't anything stopping someone other than the law.

Attached: 1458909883457.jpg (1139x744, 565K)

Today we learned that these are really good for shooting bird bullets at kids.

...are you asking if Mossberg produced a new kind of 590 receiver that is only capable of mounting a birdshead grip produced by a different company as furniture for a standard 500/590? As opposed to simply bolting said grip to a standard 590 receiver, putting a 14" barrel on it, and shipping it?

What do you fuckin think, dude?

The LOP on the stocks that come on mossbergs is ridiculously long. It's something like 14.5 inches. Average sized person is best suited to 13.5 inches or so. Don't get an M4 style stock though, that's fucking retarded since you can't access the safety and it makes point shooting more difficult. You can either go with a Magpul stock, which is pretty much the best shotgun stock you can get other than something custom made for you. Or you can buy a hogue 12" LOP stock if you want to save $50.

Bruh, there are example of companies doing this shit to their products.

Can't a nigga ask a question?

Attached: 1461780018007.png (618x600, 166K)

>A Mossberg stock made in the 50 years ago will bolt into ANY Mossberg pumpgun made between then and now.
>For some reason they altered the pattern on their receivers for this one gun.
You wouldn't need to ask the question if you used your brain for 5 fucking seconds bro. If the Shockwave didn't use a 590 receiver then it wouldn't be a 590, would it?

This.

Some states will only allow you to conceal a loaded handgun in your vehicle.

10 gauge when

Breaching mebbe atlhough you really do want a pistol grip and possibly a folding stock not to mention a standoff muzzle device.

It's cool for playing the fool on a range... BUT using a NFA type firearms for home defense or any situation where you have decided to put to foot to ass is just screaming for a world of shit coming from either from the lawyers, judge and jury. Not to mention ATF butthurt.

as long as it's not concealed in anyway (concealing it could potentially re-classify it as an AOW) and you live in a free state where it is legal to have loaded firearms in a vehicle you should be good. Always check local laws first.