Why didn't the Germans develop any kind of a heavy strategic bomber before the start of WWII to be used on Britain...

Why didn't the Germans develop any kind of a heavy strategic bomber before the start of WWII to be used on Britain? Besides maybe a few hypothetical or experimental things, the only real bomber they had suited for any kind of strategic work was the He-111, which barely qualifies as a medium bomber in the RAF or USAAF. Not to mention it was outdated as fuck even by 1939 standards.

If the Germans had developed a heavy strategic bomber prior to the War, who knows what kind of damage they could really have done to Britain. Besides being uncomfortable as hell, the He-111 had a pitiful defensive armament and small payload capacity. It was notoriously difficult to fly even in perfect condition, let alone if an engine was hit.

Oh, and it's ugly as fuck.

Attached: He-111.jpg (790x543, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gy9ekBSp1VA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Google it.
>every plane had to be able to dive bomb
>short war means all you would do is bomb your soon to be assets

>>every plane had to be able to dive bomb
What kind of autist makes this a requirement for every aircraft in the Luftwaffe

>How do I know know you haven't read anything about the Luftwaffles?
Thats not even the worst of it...

>Why didn't the Germans develop any kind of a heavy strategic bomber before the start of WWII to be used on Britain?

The main strategic bomber proponent and project head General Wever died before the war and the resources went to tactical bomber development.

>If the Germans had developed a heavy strategic bomber prior to the War, who knows what kind of damage they could really have done to Britain.

They didn't have any engines to for one, they continuously failed to develop the engines needed for new bombers later in the war. Their only strategic bomber, the He-177, used coupled engines to try and get over this but they didn't work well at all.

Attached: 453453253245.jpg (482x674, 53K)

>Why didn't the Germans develop any kind of a heavy strategic bomber before the start of WWII to be used on Britain?

Because the officer/theorist pushing heavily for a strategic four engine bomber died of some complication before the start of the war, and the Tactical/ medium 2 engine multi-purpose bomber crowd won out and all the 4 engine projects were abandonded

Normal German problem that they don´t construct a plane for one task, but always a wunderplane that can do everything. Dive bombing, torpedos, reconnaissance, heavy fighter, supply drops etc.
Also planes like the HE111 or JU88 were never proposed to be in an long range air war with the UK. Mostly for close range support. Blame Udet and Goring for that.

Just blame Goring. Fighters are sexy. Bomber crews are called bus drivers.

I mean did they really not consider the possibility that they might end up with a war with Britain and would need to conduct long-range bombing missions? If I recall correctly, they never had any long-range heavy fighters either until the end of the War, right? The Battle of Britain was pretty much just He-111s and Bf-109s. The Luftwaffe was fucked before they even started.

Attached: speaking.jpg (437x537, 50K)

What's the difference between the BF-109 and the ME-109?

Bf-109 was the official designation by the Luftwaffe, but it was made by Messerschmitt and almost all Messerschmitt planes had the Me- prefix, so a lot of Americans (and Germans for that matter) called it the Me-109.

The confusion comes from the fact that all Messerschmitt planes made after a certain date all had the Me- prefix, but ones made before that date didn't necessarily.

Attached: DCAB836E-D319-41D9-955D-EB98BD869E95.jpg (502x258, 26K)

cuz britain was sucking the german cock as an allie before the war

Attached: amal-george.jpg (432x610, 107K)

But Russia was always on the menu.
They needed a heavy more for Russia than anything.

Attached: 790A35D0-EE6B-4686-AA38-E6A9D6E16C3B.jpg (1000x664, 241K)

God damn I'd savage Amal

Not really. If things had gone to plan and they captured stalingrad and moscow as planned I don't think the need for a heavy long range bomber would have materialized. Better to focus the effort on tactical bombers to advance the frontline to the factories faster,

Hitler wanted an alliance with Britain to destroy the Soviets and then face off against America. Obviously, none of that happened.

Either designation is acceptable.
youtu.be/gy9ekBSp1VA

In colloquial usage, sure, but the official Luftwaffe designation was the Bf-109, I'm not even going to argue this, I know it. I don't care what some retarded Finnish flight simulator player on YouTube says.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109

>It was commonly called the Me 109, most often by Allied aircrew and even among the German aces themselves, even though this was not the official German designation.[4] The designation "Messerschmitt Bf 109" was issued by the Ministry of Aviation (German: Reichsluftfahrtministerium) and represents the firm that originally built them, the "Bavarian Aircraft Works", or Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW) in German. The confusion arises because design work began in 1934 at the BFW firm and, as was customary, the model was designated by the prefix Bf. On July 11, 1938 the company was renamed Messerschmitt AG due to Willy Messerschmitt becoming its new owner, and the prefix Me was applied to all new models after that date, whilst existing types retained their Bf prefix.

So the official documents from after the renaming of BFW to Messerschmitt using both Me 109 and Bf 109 are wrong?

Provide some "original documents" stating this and I'll eat my hat. The official Luftwaffe designation was the Bf-109. Period, end of discussion. It was called Me-109 colloquially by the Allies and occasionally by the Germans after the naming convention change, but it was and always was officially called the Bf-109 by the Luftwaffe.

If you watched the video, you would see some. But in case you're lazy here are some from wwiiaircraftperformance.org

Attached: Me-109E1-1791.jpg (1200x1609, 400K)

Swiss test document

Attached: Me-109E-Swiss.jpg (1200x1757, 573K)

Here's one that's just "109E"

Attached: Me109e-flugzeug-daten.jpg (1200x1639, 564K)

Oh look, Me 109, not Bf 109

Attached: me109-gj-fx.jpg (805x1163, 150K)

Another Me 109, not Bf 109

Attached: Me109_G6_WkNr_16647_Messbrief_p5.jpg (1000x1464, 247K)

I'll assume you'll be eating your hat, then. I might recommend sauteing it with a blend of herbs and some salt & pepper.

All Nazis seek foreign semen and they didn’t want to develop weapons. They wanted to get people in Berlin to fill their bodies with their bodily fluids.

This also applies to the 110. Bf 110, Me 110, and just '110' are used.

Attached: Me110C_data-sheet.jpg (820x1200, 139K)

Attached: Me-110-G3_Flugzeug-Daten.jpg (1200x1737, 467K)

Attached: Bf110G-2_data.jpg (800x1150, 188K)

Germany wouldn't win a prolonged war of attrition anyway, and they knew it. Strategic bombers are for bombing infrastructure and industry. No point in bombing industry, if you're expecting a short war, and the infrastructure needs to be largely intact, so you're not getting slowed down on your offensive.