M14 buys

So I've been mulling over buying an M14 for a long time. Does anyone have any feedback on the JRA M14s sweaty Ben is selling? Are they shit or should I grab a Fulton Armory? Springfield and suck my dick, I'm still not buying them after their bullshit move in Illinois.

Attached: M-14_rifle_demonstration.jpg (2000x1312, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6xK6dyOHiqo
youtube.com/watch?v=_nEFLKpknM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>M14
>Are they shit
>shit

Are the JRA ones shit. I don't care if you don't like the M14 personally

M14 Clones are overpriced and the performance does not measure up to said price. Much as I want to like them I cannot.

I bought a Springfield and it shoots just fine. Plinking at clay pigeons at 100 yards didn’t require much sight adjustment either. Overall very happy with it and I’ve wanted one since I was 18

Attached: B8712D4F-B6C3-4EF6-BB58-D25E491D6C4F.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

>brainlets can't into reading comprehension
Nobody asked for your opinion on the guns fags, OP is asking if JRA or Fulton are good
To which the answer is yes, yes they are

youtube.com/watch?v=6xK6dyOHiqo

I saw this earlier. Unfortunately I'm not gonna spend 3k plus for that if I can get it for half the price

They're shit

Dunno about the M14, but I've been extremely disappointed with their Tantal. That alone would leave me telling you to avoid them as a whole, but I'm waiting on a response to my warranty request. Check /akg/ if you want all the sad details.

Wanna give OP and the rest of us an explanation?

That's disappointing to hear. They're way more affordable than FA

JRA uses forged receiver

the op rod guide on mine caused the op rod to bind but i sent it back and haven't had any problems since

but if you can't afford an lrb or fulton and don't want a rifle built from 3rd world monkey castings jra is your only option, if you don't want to build one.

mine also has a chrome lined mid contour barrel while an SA does not

This is some of the info I was looking for. I don't necessarily have an issue using the warranty for an issue of they actually honor it. Ideally you never have to use a warranty but I just don't want to buy the C39 of M14s

Depends what you want to do with it desu. If you just want a standard one and not put shit on it get an SA. If youre gonna be using a scope, honestly just build, costs pretty much the same as buying and upgrading shit. And by build i mean have one of the 5 best m14 gunsmiths in the country build it for you. For 2k you can have an heirloom quality ready to go rifle.

I work in the merchant marine on an MSC charter so we have to qualify every year on the "M14" which is actually a Springfield Armory M1a. Bro, they suck. Ours are constantly running into issues and they're just used for the range and cleaned and maintained at a reasonable level. The M14's on the ship are actually Winchester busted down to semi-auto only but I've never shot one of those bad boys.

not OP but this interests me. I'm looking for a classic looking M14 which is why Springfield is not my way to go. I want to be able to mount a bayonet on it. basically want to build or own what my grandfather had in service. Who are these gunsmiths who will build me on for shekles?

inaccurate and heavy

>I cant hold an 11lb rifle
wew

>I can't into basic rifle marksmanship

I'm monitoring this thread cause interests

Have a bump

BM59ftw

Yeah, no

They no longer do the chrome lined barrels

>Hue-field Armory
Not even once my dude

That would kill it for me

Also monitoring this thread. Fulton and LRB are too much for me and only have a 1 year warranty anyway so figure might as well go with JRA. I'm not familiar with those 5 best m14 gunsmiths that the other user mentioned though

OP doesn't want one because they were caught working with gun grabbers in their state you mongoloid.

I just picked up a Polytech M14 with the intent of making it an M21 weapon system or M14 EBR as per pic related. Before doing that though im replacing all the parts with some USGI parts like the bolt gas system and trigger assembly. Its expensive as fuck and it would be cheaper to just buy an AR10 system to shoot .5 MOA but damn is she going to look pretty with either thr McMillan M21 stock or the SAGE EBR furniture. OP you should look into a Norinco m14 clone that are pretty good memes.

Attached: M14ALCS-6.jpg (500x292, 52K)

Why? The unlined barrels tend to be more accurate and there isn't exactly a ton of corrosive 7.62 surplus left out there.

From what I understand JRA's are $1500 with a 1 year warranty and are okay made but generally have some issues which are fixed by warranty; however, they're made with bula parts which I understand are pretty good. Meanwhile LRB's and Fulton 's are about $2600+ with a 1 year warranty and good parts plus made well. The way I figure it the only real drawback for JRA is how well they're assembled which can be fixed by warranty, so why spend the extra $1000

Aren't those Sage stocks as much as a name brand M14?

Check out the blackfeather stock at M14.ca. Compatible with a ton of aftermarket stuff.

I bought a Norinco back when they were 400 syrup dollars. It was fun to tinker it to get it down from minute of pie plate to 1.5 MOA.

Attached: sunday morning 4.jpg (960x960, 166K)

Corrosion strikes, regardless if the ammo is corrosive or not.
If your chamber develops any pitting, even once, the reliability of compromised.
The brass will tend to stick to the chamber walls and make extraction difficult.
That was a big factor in m16 failure in Vietnam along with improper powder and no cleaning kits.
Its honestly cheap insurance to have it, chrome lined barrels from the same manufacturer aren't really that much more expensive than non lined ones and there's little negative.
And before someone starts on the whole m1 Garand didn't have chrome spiel the ordnance department suggested it be done in 1942 but the costs to re barrel the existing rifles wasn't worth doing it in the middle of a war.
I suppose this doesn't matter if you only use your rifle to bench rest and take home immediately to slather in Snake Oil Brand Gun Oil™.

Relying on warranty fixes is a terrible idea

I found EBR stocks anywhere from 599-899 on Brownwells, they are much cheaper than the average m14 clone. Still it is a steep price for furniture.

Don't be retarded. You're not going to need to use your repro m14 in jungle warfare conditions for months at a time without maintenance.

Use this scope mount.

Best since it mounts into the rear sight pocket and has many points of contact which also reduces receiver flex.

Attached: M14_M1A_CASM_Scope_Mount_EX.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

Is there one that mounts on the stripper clip guide dovetail? Cause that would be sick

My JRA M14 is very nice. Perfectly reliable after several hundred rounds and capable of better accuracy than I am a shooter...around 2 MOA with cheapshit Turk roach ammunition.

I really don't understand why there are so many proles who still don't comprehend how chrome lined barrels have a stupidly lengthened lifespan compared to unlined barrels, and their cleaning is made noticeably easier too. But no, when chrome lining is brought up, they only associate it with protection from corrosive primers.

But is it worth another thousand?

Did you get the full size or paratrooper model?

I will never, ever understand people who have fucking warranty plans as the chief concern when it comes to buying a product

youtube.com/watch?v=_nEFLKpknM4

It's called being poor/cheap, buying an inferior product and knowing it, and relying on a warranty to give you peace of mind

Full size. Bought it back in 2016. The 2 MOA thing is because I used cheap Turk shit and was the shooter. Pretty sure the rifle can do better than that.

So you got a model when they were still using USGI parts and chrome lined barrels? They're now using new production bula forged receivers and whatnot

In this case I think it's justified because the quality of parts isnt an issue but rather how they're assembled, which the warranty can fix. Especially when the next step up is another grand

The receiver is Bula but the rest are USGI parts.

About how much did you pay for it?

Shit happens man, if you're never going to use the thing then why bother buying it at all? Why give a shit if its even reliable? You're not in a jungle.
Bantz aside, you do you.
I just don't see the sense in skipping it for a few bucks, because in most instances the cost of a chrome lined barrel over non lined is like 50 bucks, of course the manufacturer will up charge the shit out of you for it depending who they are but really it's being incredibly cheap not to get it.
They want to feel like they made a superior choice.
Well how much is a thousand dollars worth to you? For some that's not entirely an unreasonable amount of money, for others it means not eating for a month.
These things are subjective, it's just that for me and according to my experience so far that buying quality the first time is worth it, and that warranties are all too often not even worth the paper they're printed on.
More important by far than the warranty, is their customer service reputation. Don't compromise on that.

Not from this manufacturer.

This is honesty one of the best mounts

I bought a Norinco one. I’ve had a lot of problems with it but that just made it a project desu.

I hated it at first but I love it now.

Attached: 05FA4E17-C538-4E03-8722-BC627E906985.jpg (3024x4032, 3M)

Warbird, jon wolfe, etc

Go on the m14forum they are listed under the gunsmith section.

Okay, have fun with your shitty FA rifle then. A company that cant even build an AR correctly, shouldnt be building m14 clones.

Shill

FA is not shitty. What sort of shill are you?

So I bought a base model M1A from springfield about a year ago now, I threw an Arms #18 mount and a lucid L5 4-16x.

I can reasonably get 1-1.5moa with Federal gold premium 168gr match ammo on a good day but I don't have a proper rest yet so I've been using some wooden stands and a sandbag to shoot from. This gun is plenty accurate for what you'd want out of a DMR. The only thing I will note is I'm not sure how people bed these rifles, they don't come bedded from the factory unless you go way out of your way to buy a really high end model. A gunsmith I trust was saying he didn't want to try and bed it because the action is so tight inside the wood stock that there isn't much room for bedding and it already felt tight. From what I understand is people make measured carves in their stocks to make room for the bedding and thats way too invasive for me.

Shit you will need to make it a good DMR:
>a good sling
>a low profile mount like the arms#18 definitely worth the 200 dollars
>a cheek rest because this gun wasn't made to use a scope you need a cheek rest to get good eye relief

forgot my pic

These guns aren't as hard to accurize as people say they are. Going from shitty 145gr m80 ammo to 168gr match is the easiest and most efficient thing you can do to increase your accuracy. After that its more experience based things like your technique.

Sure will an AR-10 of similar price be more accurate? yes but if you have a hard on for classic army shit and vietnam era rifles then you won't be disappointed. I went hunting with this last year and it worked just as well as any other rifle I've had so I can't complain

Attached: my M1a.jpg (4689x1045, 1.09M)

It was just before the election so I didn't get a good deal, but, having been raised steeped in Vietnam vet fuddlore, I really wanted one before Hillary banned them all. I paid what they were going for on all the sites at the time, which was somewhere around $2000.

bump

Okay, because from what I've heard there were two iterations. The first were rifles made using USGI parts, chrome line barrels, etc... and ran for $2000 which earned them a positive reputation. Since they've moved over to all bula parts they've had growing pains (?) And have put out lower quality rifles.

I've always heard how springfield has a lifetime warranty which offsets their quality, but I looked it up and it specified in bold that the warranty only applied to the original owner. Am I missing something or has springfield gone down another notch?

Attached: Screenshot_20180405-144823.jpg (1440x756, 740K)

See my M1AI haven't had a single issue with a springfield M1A, their "quality issues" are completely overblown

I think they have always had Bula receivers but mine has USGI parts including the chrome lined barrel. I haven't heard anything about the recent ones but I've heard the BM59s are sketchy.

Just picked up an m14 with a forged receiver and is chromed . Im looking for a belt to hold mags .

Question is, what are some good magbelts for these lovely mags ?

You can use a m36 BAR ammo belt, the pouches hold two BAR mags each for a total of 12 mags capacity.
The m14 mags should fit without issue.

I need to keep reading these M14 threads and remind myself to get a JAE-100. Or at the very least, start purchasing actual accessories to out fit my M1A in. I have no idea if I want to stick to the very costly but aesthetically pleasing JAE-100 or go for a much more practical but boring battle rifle appearance with the Blackfeather.

Attached: Tall-3.jpg (1200x438, 475K)

Attached: 1C94CB5E-9B2B-4CD5-B8EB-88FC4D78A8F3.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

Oh, come on. Springfield fucked up by hiring a lobbying firm who didn't understand their market. The mistake was immediately rectified by firing that firm.

Pretty sure that was their plausible deniability. I'll admit them dropping Dicks made me feel a little better about them but I'm still not very convinced.

I hear ya. But it's a great company that offers great products and I'm awfully open minded when it comes to people raising their hands in the air and with honest contrition speaking about their mistakes. I put all of the shit on that lobbying firm, not Springfield. I'm convinced that Springfield made a mistake in choosing that firm and delegating too much authority to them.