I live in NJ. Is it worth getting a Mini-14? I know ARs are better...

I live in NJ. Is it worth getting a Mini-14? I know ARs are better, but the current cocksucker governor wants a stricter AWB and I figure Minis are AWB proof.

Can't move yet due to job reasons otherwise I'd move to like PA and get a FAL

Attached: 75957.jpg (1000x229, 72K)

Minis are fun, they do what they are made to and not much more. I live in NJ too, I'm getting worried about Murphy and his idiotic schemes as well. I was thinking of doing a .50 Beowulf build with an Fightlite lower and wooden furniture like pic related. Would be a cool way to skirt the AWB. However, my wife and I collect milsurp which is really not impacted by the AWB.

Attached: 9c3e316257196292dc186fc83cdcb965.jpg (4100x1220, 396K)

>AWB proof
Nothing is ban proof. They'll come for anything and everything we have, so get the most fun funs you can now.

What is the most uncucked AR i can get in jersey. I just got my first handgun. Was gonna make a 10/22 my first rifle

I live in a free state and I'd totally own your pic related. What a sexual beast

>I live in NJ. Is it worth getting a Mini-14? I know ARs are better, but the current cocksucker governor wants a stricter AWB and I figure Minis are AWB proof.
Anyone who actually owns a Mini knows that modern-production ones are great rifles that will serve you well. The reason why people plaster this board with troll threads about them is that they know butthurt AR fanboys start screeching like raped apes anytime someone brings up the fact that there *is* a credible alternative to their one and only raifu. But the fact remains that both the AR and the Mini are fine guns and nobody who has either of them should ever consider themselves insufficiently armed.

Attached: rugerscreech.jpg (808x499, 78K)

I want a stainless one just because A-team and all I really buy now I have what I want are meme guns, mostly cause of 80's/90's action movies
Probably just hunt for one on a deal or something, accuracy isn't great but better after ruger made some accuracy improvements and shit
plus you can get your rooftop korean on if some riots break out anytime
Unless you're dead set on 5.56 there's some affordable m14 clones (they might all suck, haven't done much homework on them) or some bolt gun like the ruger scout if you want more than 5 rounds, which I think they also do a 5.56 gun but I don't see the point

"Modern" firearms that have old fashioned furniture are my fetish.

Basically just want a semi auto that isn't likely to be banned that isn't an SKS. Even if we go to the retarded NY rules I am pretty sure Minis are exempt because lol no flash hider and no pistol grip

>I figure minis are AWB proof
You're figuring WRONG.

The gun grabbers want to grab all guns. They don't care how long that it takes.

They'll settle for taxing the shit out of some items to drain interest in ownership. Then they'll ban the sale of that item but grandfather in current owners to dissuade outcry. Then they wait for father time to destroy the grandfathered items. Rinse wash repeat.

You shouldn't be buying a mini-14. You should be lobbying to not only oppose gun regulations but to outright remove existing ones. We need to reverse the tide, or else we're just losing in slow motion.

A logical post on Jow Forums? Weird

I'm a fucking member of NJ2AS, NRA, and GOA. I already an doing the lobbying shit

For anyone who has any questions about NJ' stupid fucking laws please see pic related. And yes you can call me a faggot for screen capping my own posts.

Attached: Capture+_2017-11-19-18-36-01.jpg (1440x5672, 2.52M)

That is so damn sexy

Jew Yorker here, Minis are legal as long as they don't have a threaded barrel. 10rd mags suck but it isn't difficult to find 20rders. Get an SKS anyway if you want something in 7.62x39, Mini 14s are good but there's a bunch of stories about Mini Thirties being iffy.

They stopped making the folding stock that they used in A team. I wanted to make a A team replica as well. Choate still makes a folding stock which I hear is decent, so you could build a mini with a folding stock, just not a authentic A team type deal.

Literally every one of my elected officials other than the senator and governor is an NRA member

I love minis but I personally don't think they're worth what they're asking for them

I live in NY. From personal experience, I can say that while Mini-14s are fun as fuck, for the money you'll probably end up spending you would be better off buying a Garand.

It's federal, not NJ state, law that all handgun purchases from gun stores having to transfer through an in-state FFL, and face to face sales only being legal between residents of the same state is federal law for all private gun sales too.

>A logical post on Jow Forums?

Not really. Mini 14 apologists think it's just AR lovers that hate on their rifles. This shows how rarely boomers speak to other gun enthusiasts. If you like your rifle, that's fine. When you try to push your mistake on others, expect to be reminded about the relative price of that gun and how every other modern rifle has an easy to change out firing pin.

I also live in a ban state so most of my rifles are made by me. I can't imagine sending a rifle out for repair.

But hey, I'm not a boomer so I don't see the appeal of that particular rifle.

>the relative price of that gun
Protip: Cheap ARs are garbage. Yes, you can get a really nice AR that isn't garbage. But not for significantly less than a Mini.

Nogunz opinions aren't valid.

>Protip: Cheap ARs are garbage. Yes, you can get a really nice AR that isn't garbage. But not for significantly less than a Mini.
KEK. You can get quality ARs for $500 now.

That's odd. My cheap range toys do fine for a sub $400 rifle.

>Nogunz opinions aren't valid.
Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, even your opinion matters, nogunz.

>You can get quality ARs for $500 now.
No, you can get a hobby grade AR-15 for $500.
None of the faggots buying bottom of the barrel guns are putting rounds through them.

Your PSA fails in 130 shots jej

Even my 7.62x39 PSA is doing fine after more than a thousand steel cased rounds. Maybe mine are just defective if they are supposed to fail that quick.

That's nonsense. My first AR was a Stag Model 3 on sale for $450. I put over 20k rounds through it without issues, and gave it to my brother when he moved out of MA to NH. He has put thousands through it as well, and it works just as well as my $1,300 AR pistol.

>My cheap range toys do fine for a sub $400 rifle.
Yes, they do fine - at being a cheap range toy.

I love the reassurance posts from guys who spend $1,500 on a rifle when they see people spending less than a quarter of that and getting the same thing. You basically bought the equivalent of an expensive Mac computer and are annoyed that people who bought PCs with the same components just payed a third of what you did.