AR thread/ARG/tripfag containment

Post things ash will never ever own edition

Old 37978973

Attached: 1526342434397.jpg (4500x3000, 3.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoptWvHFiXQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what ar should I buy?

Goddamn soiled it

You shouldn't

>been waiting for 29 months now
>I'll never get my AR10 god dammit
>fucking europe

A belt with a

Attached: 20180518_203154.jpg (4032x1960, 2.05M)

mk12 clone

Pick features you want and build one.

Attached: AR_pumpkins_10-31-2016_A.jpg (1024x768, 619K)

Is a 1 MOA RM09 dot too small for ACOG piggyback? Should I stick to RM01/02?

1 MOA is a great size. You definitely want it over the next option up (3), and you definitely want the adjustability.

Attached: 20180512_171703-2016x1134.jpg (2016x1134, 929K)

Especially if your eyes aren't perfect

Budget?
POU?
What other guns do you own?

Attached: T I G E R S T R I P E.jpg (3234x2349, 3.52M)

3moa RMR > 1 moa RMR, especially for piggybacking

Just bought my first AR-15, a 1978 manufacture Colt SP1. It has the pencil barrel, semi auto bolt, triangle handguards, etc. It came with one colt marked metal 30rd magazine. I paid $1099 before tax, fair price?

I've only put 60 rounds through it so far, the bolt would over ride the round on the colt magazine, but I had no issues using a borrowed PMag. I'll be ordering some new 20rd and 30rd metal magazines shortly.

Would I create any problems putting for myself putting a binary trigger in it? Do I need a full auto bolt to do that? If I go that route is the Echo II or BFSIII better?

Attached: sp1.jpg (540x960, 83K)

don't modify that gun
buy a new one if you want to redditize it

leave the rifle as it is and don't put in stupid shit you think you want

So which is it? Who can I trust? Btw, used to have a JPOINT piggyback 4 MOA, it's not too big, but could be more refined. Just wondering if 1 MOA is too small, or the perfect for piggyback.

Light by the end of june. Raptor CH friday. MK14 whenever.

Attached: IMG_20180517_162854525_LL.jpg (4608x3456, 2.2M)

1 MOA is pretty goddamn small. I had had a Deltapoint 2 MOA on an offset and honestly that was too small for what it was, am currently in the process of replacing it with the 3.25 MOA RMR.

Too small. The point of the RMR on top of the ACOG isn't to be a primary optic. It's to give you an option for quick target acquisition at closer ranges. Your eye is going to pick up the 3 moa dot faster than the 1moa dot.

I love 1/2 moa dots, but I wouldn't want that on my piggybacked RMR.

Attached: 2018-04-20 09.03.04 4_resized.jpg (2016x1134, 1.49M)

Also might buy a magnifier for my aimpoint. Idk which one though.

Attached: Screenshot_20180513-112007~2.png (1080x1366, 1.36M)

No you wont

That's what I'm thinking, but FA seems to like it fine.
Have you seen 1 MOA in person? So what would the proper application of 1 MOA dot be, primary optic?

Potential pistol dot.

>So what would the proper application of 1 MOA dot be, primary optic?
Yeah, 1 and 2 moa dots should be reserved for primary optics imo.

I think I'd still prefer a 3.25 moa over a 1 moa dot for a self defense handgun.

Attached: 20170818_084646_resized.jpg (2268x1276, 1.07M)

The only thing I would change is the binary trigger, which isn't a permanent change. I don't see the binary trigger as any more of a change than putting a PMag in it at the range, or using a non period correct sling.

>FA likes it

He likes everything he buys, which is cause for concern.

Remember that time he owned and liked a larue rail until we bullied him into selling it?

Which was a shame because LaRue rails actually are nice.

>fair price?
Great price.

Attached: IMG_4629.jpg (1600x1200, 1.19M)

By the time you get a binary working in a sp1 you may as well just build a rifle that isn't shit.

Seriously go find a range that rents mg's or make friends with someone who has one and get that binary trigger horseshit out of your system, it's not worth it.

How many pull ups can you do, fatty?

Attached: 018C4871-AE10-45E1-A0B1-C45502028AE9.jpg (2048x1536, 1.23M)

I see GunBroker listings at $1500+ but I'm not sure if those reflect actual prices.

Attached: IMG_20180519_231501150.jpg (2448x3264, 1.78M)

user, leave the sp1 as it is. if you really want the binary trigger build a new riffle. and if you want the trigger in an a1 build there are parts kits out there and nodak spud sells a1 lowers.

And they say Anons are noguns

Attached: 20180422_184943.jpg (583x1648, 451K)

>LaRue rails actually are nice.
No they're not. They're one of the heaviest quads with one of the weakest lockups, and they're ugly to boot with that giant fucking ring around the receiver end.

They're better than chinkshit and that's about it.

The regional auction company around me has them all the time and they seem to consistently sell for $800-1000 depending on condition (that's hammer price, there's a 15% buyer's premium and potentially sales tax on top of that). I snagged my SP1 about 8 months ago via one of their lesser advertised auctions for $650 and felt like I stole it but $1100 before taxes seems a little steep. Fair but just barely.

What is best rail, user?

That's wrong but okay

If they've got bids in from multiple accounts with positive feedback ratings those are probably actual prices. I've seen two SP1s sell locally in the last year; one rifle like yours for $1350 and a carbine for $1800.

Attached: IMG_4792.jpg (1600x1200, 909K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MoptWvHFiXQ
Damn these larp classes look fun

Of the quad rails, the DDM4 is the best *and* the best looking.

KAC's FF RAS is in second.

Just got a Bushmaster XM15 for my birthday. Any suggestions as to what accessories I should get for it?
I'm probably going to replace the butt stock.

Attached: 20180521_142524.jpg (4032x1960, 2.13M)

>complains about the ring around the receiver end of the rail
>suggests the FF RAS
OC pls. The LaRue rail is an improvement on the FF RAS

Ill buy the stock. How much you want for it?

Explain your reasoning. Between DD, KAC, and Larue the Larue has the weakest mounting system *and* weighs the most.

Will the KAC ff quad ever be in stock again? Did I wait too long to do a SAMR clone?

Attached: SAMR.jpg (491x429, 97K)

It's heavier and weaker than the FF RAS, so no. Although I agree it's got the same uggo ring.

Explain how both the KAC and DD mounting system is better than the LaRue mounting system.

You keep saying it's weak with zero evidence.

You're too fat to do any of that.
> DDM4
fuck. I don't want to spend over 300 on a rail but i guess it cant be helped

Good luck finding the gas block. If you're not getting the KAC folding then don't bother at all

Is the stock decent? I'm new to this.

Fair enough, if it doesn't work I won't bother, but a third position would be cool. Down the road I will, but there's a bunch of guns on the list before I get another AR.

What part of the country are you in? Never been to an auction with guns at it, although I haven't looked either.

Yeah its a nice stock imo.

Decent optic. Is that stock fixed or is it adjustable?

Attached: IMG_4819.jpg (1200x1600, 849K)

FF RAS is heavier tho

Show us on the doll where Mark LaRue touched you

Ok. Like I said I'm new to this. This is my first rifle so any suggestions are appreciated.
The stock will expand two inches.

Attached: 20180521_143234.jpg (4032x1960, 2.08M)

The Larue system has a skinny af barrel nut and is held together with only 2 screws at the 2 and 10 positions. This means that it will deflect more and recover less from any impact and is prone to coming loose since it has *zero* mechanical locking mechanism to prevent rotation.

The DD system has both a mechanical locking mechanism to prevent rotation and is held on the rifle by 6 screws on a much beefier barrel nut (despite weighing around 1.8oz less).

The KAC system uses 4 screws but does not have a mechanical locking mechanism.

They seem to be unobtainium. The Wilson Combat gas block with folding sight might be a just as good solution.

Attached: 1526862910632.jpg (564x631, 62K)

>74 brake

Who sent you here?

Attached: 1526848210345.png (188x264, 77K)

The fuck is that?

Take everything that isn't a receiver and throw it in the trash.

I'm in the midwest. There's a couple of small-town auction companies that cover a large geographical area that do roughly quarterly gun auctions (may also contain knives and bows). I got mine through Sullivan and Son.

I'm also fairly local to Rock Island Auctions, there's a lot of stuff they have in the regional auctions (not the Premier ones that get all the super fancy engraved stuff they put the full color catalogs out for) that goes for cheap.

Between them there are a lot of local FFL's that make money buying shit at the auctions and then flipping it on gunbroker/armslist.

Attached: time 4 change.png (1034x393, 607K)

barrel nut, handguard nut, two screws, two anti-rotation pins and an anti-rotation keeper. What are you talking about?

That stock is fine you dumbass.

Wonder if I still have pics of the top rail my LT107 mangled...

What distances are you able to shoot at?

Attached: IMG_4641.jpg (1600x1200, 1.34M)

You mangled it because you didn't read the directions.

This is why people don't like it when you talk.
You're a fat little mexican baby that knows nothing after being on Jow Forums for over a year

>dumbass.
You can barely afford shit, so that doesn't mean much coming from you.

lol
My Dad bought this for my birthday. That's why I'm asking for suggestions for replacements.

I haven't fired this rifle yet but the farthest out I have shot is 50 yards.

kac sr25

Im a spic now? Man these fanfics just get better and better.

>Im a spic now?
Yes. You're giddy's honorary little brother.

anyone who needs TWO DIFFERENT OPTICS on their rifle should just sell the entire rifle to someone who actually knows how to fire on target

Attached: 2F0537B9-1D20-45FC-8ADD-CB44629DDEA5.jpg (2388x3196, 2.46M)

No.
>Larue Tactical LT15-10
actual/realized length: 9.71"
weight: 0.92lb (14.72oz)

>KAC Free Float RAS Forend Assembly, Medium
actual/realized length: 9.35"
weight: 14.6oz

>he doesn't have at least 4 methods of aiming on his rifling.

Attached: 20180419_081148.jpg (3024x1701, 1.81M)

I'd do an a2 fsp, a2 flash hider, ras rail, sopmod stock, mbus pro folding sight. that's just me though.

I read the directions and closed it with light pressure from a single finger.

But nice damage control anyway.

If that's true you wouldn't have mangled your rail.

The handguard nut is literally just a cap and does nothing structural.

What fucking anti rotation pins? None of the LT15's I handled and none of the pics on Larue's website show any fucking pins.

That anti rotation keeper relies on friction.

Hahahaha

>I haven't fired this rifle yet but the farthest out I have shot is 50 yards.
I should have phrased it better. I meant what distances do you have available for you to shoot at, not at what distances do you have experience shooting. How far out can the target be from you at your shooting range(s)?

Attached: IMG_4433.jpg (1600x1200, 1.21M)

>You can barely afford shit
Weird Ive bought a lot for my rifle in the last few weeks.

yeh nah ur an cunt

My LT15 had better antirotation properties than my current DDM4.

150 yards

>What fucking anti rotation pins?
You don't shoot your gun much, do you?

Thank you.

I'm sorry you are unable to admit fault for trying to affix the mount to your rail that was too tight to begin with.

My LT15 was rock solid. I kind of miss that upper sometimes. I can understand hating LaRue because of Mark or politics or whatever, but most of their stuff is great.

yeah, and you will replace it a week later like you always do. nice job.

>He likes everything he buys, which is cause for concern.
Do I please you then?

What is on the bottom?

Attached: 20180515_185755.jpg (2656x1494, 2.25M)

What is your budget? Thats just an idea, and there are plenty of other options.

What setting are you running your RM09? Do you notice yourself running your dot in higher power due to 1 MOA size?
WGWS and A2 have RMRs on their pistols right? What size do you know? How do you feel about their size?
Time to upgrade rail.

hey not him, but thanks for being a nice, reasonable guy. have a pleasant day.

Suchka is who recommended the RM09 to me, for what it's worth. If you want to pick it up faster you can always turn the brightness up. I don't tilt it over my left eye like you do BB, I opt to lift my head.