/akg/ AK General

AK General /akg/
RPKSN Edition
>Thread #614

Old thread here

Attached: 21491173_24077.jpg (1280x853, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
pastebin.com/iKyYKdpt
ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

I got some pakitape from there last year. Are you the one that got them selling it?
>Better pastebin
pastebin.com/iKyYKdpt

>Better pastebin
Kek

Attached: 3_batalion_zabezpieczenia_DWL_(1).jpg (3456x2304, 944K)

What are you autists thoughts on an AKML-C brake?

I want to replace my tapco meme 74 brake

They hide flash well, but you won’t be able attach a bayonet.

>there's no need to be upset

Attached: 1467379562124.jpg (1333x2000, 1.64M)

Isn't that the brake echo93 sold? I have it on my draco, looks dope. Will take pics later

You realize this isn't a firearms product, right? Normal people use this shit all the time to wrap bikes and shit, even my bud from Japan said it's common there for girls or kids to decorate bikes with it, he recognized it instantly when I showed it to him. Even though zarinas does indeed import it from the middle east, it certainly isn't limited to there

what is the farthest you guys have bagged game with your 7.62x39 AKs?

Attached: IMG_6116.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

>bagged game
Is that like removing kebab

at this point i don't even know

They’re having a hard time getting along but I think in time they’ll be good friends

Attached: 5D6FD0DA-5A03-4634-B290-4228039556BA.jpg (3679x2456, 1.88M)

Sadly, not yet. I'm gonna try to take a hog with it sometime this year.
Is that AR midlength? Shouldnt it be carbine length.

Yeah it’s mid.
I liked the way the midlength looked with the shroud vs the carbine because I wasn’t going to pin and weld or SBR

I forgot I had this pic for size reference already
>inb4 memegrater

Attached: 20180522_070847.jpg (1823x1440, 2.08M)

Not even the good memegrater

I like how it looks with the brake since they both have slots
I also may or may not have butchered the original one when trying to install it
Frig off

>good memegrater
No such thing

how do you like the Primary arms scope, ive been thinking about one

>I also may or may not have butchered the original one when trying to install it
What did you do? It's a bent piece of steel. Did you flatten it out or fold it together?

I love it. It's a very usable - good eye relief and clarity. Minimum scope shadow. It does add like two pounds to the rifle and I can feel it.

I actually think it was on my SAR that it got fucked up on, correction, but never the less when I first got it I tried putting it on and the the just the way everything way shaped (both the memegrater and gas tube) just couldn't work so I tried to gently bubba the corners so it would slide on
Ironically right after I took it off and put it on my draco which fit with ease but you could see all these plier marks. If I kept it and was able to show you it would be easier to explain but that was like 3 months ago

is it the first focal plane one or the second focal plane ?

It's the now old model. Where the reticle doesn't change size.

What do RPK bakes go for these days? I may have the opportunity to buy a couple at $100. Worth it?

I just recently became friends with somebody who has family in russia/ukraine. They seem to be wealthy. If the opportunity arises what kind of /akg/ stuff should I ask to be mailed to them for me. Can parts kits from russia be imported still?

Attached: 10rd.jpg (4032x3024, 2.6M)

That seems to be the going price for RPK bakes these days.

Alrighty, so the guy who was selling them for $140 had them way overpriced?

While I'd do some things differently if I had your rifle, I just want to say that it's one of my favorites on here and you've made me want a Beryl stock

Attached: image.jpg (351x351, 122K)

Pretty much, unless they were Cyrillic for some other kinda rare bake

Is the RS Regulate light mount better than the Khyber Customs one? Are there any other options that don't involve covering your rifle in rails?

The question is rather will they risk jail sending you stuff?

Attached: npz mp.jpg (2000x1500, 942K)

As they aren't affiliated with the specific companies barred from selling to the US, I think you should be fine.

If anybody wants to sell/trade their valmet hit me up

Pretty sure it's illegal to export parts from Russia, that's what he's talking about.

What do I need to make my WASR look like a Polish gun? Gonna buy a laminate set off Desert Fox and a Polish sling.
>inb4 dimples

Is the AK63 available in the US for purchase?

Attached: AMMSz[1].jpg (600x195, 27K)

Is there a magwell extension that's compatible with an SLR-104?

Oh, yeah, so they definitely can't mail it to him.

For what purpose?

Well, they risk getting caught. Not that they can't.

Just to make indexing for mag insertion a little bit smoother, and more reliable

That can be achieved with training.

But could they mail things like magazines/furniture?

There's been difficulty getting AK stuff generally through customs lately. I don't know the laws and what they'd be risking, but there isn't a great chance of getting things through.

Throwing a rock really hard can be achieved through training too, that doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives, that make the task easier

They're the two options for not covering your rifle in gay rails. The difference between the two is the rs regulate allows you to attach a wider variety of lights like my "pistol" style paddle light which works really well on aks.

Maybe you should consider an ar-15 with that mindset?

>SOON

Still need a bipod and reciever.

Attached: 52tfFjc.jpg (2496x1872, 694K)

The AK doesn't really have a place to put a magwell extension. ARs get away with it by using the trigger guard, and I'm sure it'd be possible, if shitty, by modifying the mag release lever, but no, there are no OEM solutions to your asinine problem.

There are several companies that make magwell extensions. Idk why you guys seem to think this is ridiculous. I was just wondering if any of them would work with 5.45, since they all seem to be made for 7.62.

Solar tactical(I think that's the name) makes one that bolts onto to the trigger guard. They have it at Brownells.

And they're all garbage.

Do you have experience with all of them?

Every single one

Attached: 2017_02_10_21340_1486708892._large.jpg (250x250, 13K)

What are some decent, relatively inexpensive brakes/ brake/flash hider hybrids that I can mount a bayonet on? Can you mount a bayonet over the DA fighter brake?

Attached: Russian black kit AK.jpg (800x536, 85K)

>Da brake and bayonaise
Nope, I showed that in a few threads ago.

3 prong or slanty

I don't think it's illegal to import items for personal use. but importing large quantities is trouble.

It'd be different if his friends were American citizens going to Russia to purchase the goods, but since they're Russian citizens, procuring one for the purpose of selling it to user constitutes exportation and breaks Russian law.

3 prong?

AK BUILDER SLOT BREAK

ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30019

Has anyone built their own AK from an 80% blank before? Is this a shit idea?

never mind the grater, why is your handguard lever open?

Neva been done befo

One of my local ranges is selling these bayos for $25.
Should I pick up a few more?

Attached: 20180522_140443.jpg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

How'd I miss that?
>AK47
reeeeee

What if it was a gift and no money was exchanged?

AKOptions has them on sale pretty frequently

Still an export according to US law. Doubtful Russia would treat it any differently. You gotta pony up and git it yourself, user

>still waiting for wolf 9x39 to show up for less than $1 a round

life is suffering

i have 6 5.45 bakes and 1 45 round 5.45 bake and it would be great if one of you or a couple of you bought them for $35/each and $60 for the 45 rounder + $8 for shipping

Attached: IMG_2494.jpg (2048x1367, 411K)

What is there that can even shoot it right now? Why would they even import it?

Judging from the patch that's some Iraqi shia militia, right?

I love that uniform, what is that kind of hat called?

Allegedly LaRue wants to chamber an AR in it.

That's ISIS Hunters, a Russian-trained Syrian group. I think they're directly under SAA control. Probably a mix of Sunni and Shia I would think, but most Syrian government forces aren't religiously motivated.

I don't know anything about his uniform or kit.

They've imported small lots, you can buy boxes for $23 each from ammunitionstore. They're also making or importing AR uppers. AK builder told me that 9x39 barrels are on their list of projects but no ETA.

Also, once the factory source of ammo comes it it will become the standard for things like brass, reloading dies, and chamber reamers. I have a VZ58 kit set aside for that in addition to a pile of AK parts.

If I could snag a case for $350 or less I would buy 3 or 4 thousand rounds and sit on it until I had something fun that could shoot it.

Offbrand (not Valmet because not spending $500 right now) scope mount top cover, or master mount+smooth cover?

Attached: IMG_20180521_190515.jpg (3840x2160, 2.05M)

No clue, missing the cleaning rod too. I think it was while I was fucking around and playing dress up

Tbh just send it in a shit load of "computer parts" shipments

My Maadi makes me happy

Attached: 68D99CD2-708A-4A65-8A48-E91F516A1B9D.jpg (1242x2208, 629K)

when i got some parts for ak from russia, they were labeled as "spare parts for farming tool"

Vss Vintorez for me thx

>.22 calibers Romanian
Just playing around with parts, but I’m pretty sure this config is what I’m gonna do to my SAR, but with a perm attached conical aimr flash hider

Forgot pic

Attached: B268361C-E8B6-47E9-8F56-1BD67B0897EF.jpg (3264x2448, 2.13M)

Help me decide /akg/, do I want a POSP or a red dot for my WASR?

post internals plz, i want to see how similar it is to center fire cartridge based aks

Completely different scopes, retard. That's like asking if you should buy a van or a sedan. We don't know what you want to do with it.

Ok

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.1M)

No shit. I'll be using it for HD, plinking, and hopefully hog hunting. I assume 4x is too much magnification HD?

Obzor it is

Lel

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

But I'm poor. I was thinking PK-A Venezuela or PK-01V

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

Well then fucking start with that you moron.