En.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC-10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC-10
>Noting the weapon's poor precision, in the 1970s International Association of Police Chiefs weapons researcher David Steele described the MAC series as "fit only for combat in a phone booth".
Post shitty guns normies think are good.

Attached: MAC-10.jpg (600x600, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSy7s0-zp7w#t=5290
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mosin

Normies don't think the Mac-10 is good, its just associated with Gang culture which stands in precedence in Rap Music.

They think because it's a bullet hose it's powerful and badass. Source: normie friends

>poor precision
>.45 ACP machine pistol firing at around 1,100 RPM
Gee, I wonder why

Was about to say this

Attached: 1524176522479.png (362x259, 156K)

It's an open bolt, simple blowback submachinegun.

You're not supposed to be shooting a fucking biathlon with it.

This, it seems more like a weapon built for assassins in poor countries or in areas where a resistance movement may have trouble getting firearms.
>simple to build
>easy to conceal
>walk up to bad guy and blast him point blank from behind
>run away
Like that gun from WW2 that was either the sten gun or a gun that looked identical that was given to French resistance to conduct infield assassinations.

Attached: FA7A89A0-18C1-43E2-BE2B-C1C96CB40980.png (640x480, 314K)

>Talking trash about the Mac 10...$0
>Wikipedia article..$0
>Going out in a blase of glory firing two Mac 10's..priceless

Attached: 1524367344240.jpg (217x232, 6K)

I want one for the memes. Also a cheap but formidable? vehicle/hd gun that I wouldn't mind if it "got lost" in evidence.

There are not a whole lot of super reliable things one can buy for $350 new that have 30 round magazines. Also suppressable for maximum memes.

Have you ever fired a good mosin?

Implying you wouldn't love to shoot one full-giggle
youtube.com/watch?v=JSy7s0-zp7w#t=5290

Ok. Don't do it nigga.

Dragunov (even though I doubt anyone here has fired one, except maybe a PSL which is arguably better but still snowflake)
VSS vintorez (what is it with normies and that stock configuration?)

Most of the guns normies meme are actually pretty good, like the FAL, M2 or MG42.

I find the Mac 10 to be a pretty mediocre gun. The only reason I purchased one is because it is very easy to convert to fully automatic. In my state they don't sell automatic guns so I had to build one myself. Full auto is fun but costs money and there is no accuracy.

>Post shitty guns normies think are good.
Revolvers

>Dad jokes, mustache, full auto + silencers
Hickok's gotten taller in his old age. Developed an accent too.

Awesome vid user.
>Gentleman's accessories
>This is dynamite.It has nothing to do with firearms, but we had an extra car to get rid of, so we used 16 sticks of dynamite.

Swear to god I was born in the wrong timeline

yes but it has been chamber reamed, bolt face polished, cocking spring replaced, trigger replaced, a new barrel and a bedded stock. Guy was trying to sell it, said it was a waste of money. he was right, it still barely did 3MOA

>it still barely did 3MOA
That'd be a premium grade sniper rifle in WW2 though.

I knew a SWAT team whose pointman carried a .45 MAC-10. It's a great close range bullet hose.

ATF pls go and stay go

Attached: 9873cPi.jpg (374x503, 35K)

Has anyone?

Do Finnish Mosins count?

So is the Uzi, but it has a slow enough rate of fire it's somewhat usable.
True.
>implying it's super reliable
Never implied that
Normies don't care about the Fal.

The MAC-10 was always meant to be used suppressed and was intended to replace the Swedish K when Sweden protested the war.

A well equipped MAC-10 with a dual stage suppressor is quiet and reasonably accurate for an SMG of its era. It is better than an UZI and "gang members" only got the shoddy pistol clones made with closed bolt and hollywood made it a "gangster" gun.

It's highly unappreciatted as hats in Vietnam thought they were badass and quiet

When society collapses the ATF will be burned to ashes for your crimes

MACs would be good if it weren't for the bolts being lighter than tin foil

why the hell did they decide it needed to fire at over 1000RPM

>shooting a biathlon
You could, however, shoot AT one with it.

You know, I should probably fact check, then make a post, rather than doing it the other way around.

Clearing out gook hootches and tunnels.
It has a learning curve but doesn't have an idiot grip safety like the UZI.

For its time, it was pretty advanced.
The MP7 in a way carries on its lineage.

I imagine it'd work pretty well as a sidearm, or maybe for tank crews.

shut your god damn mouth

There's no way it could fire slower without making the bolt larger or giving it more room to travel, there just isn't room.
Almost everything in this post is wrong. They weren't a preferred gun for tunnels, they were always crude as shit, and the MP7 is completely different in concept and design.
They're probably bigger than you think.

Am I wrong in assuming that the suppressor would mitigate the recoil enough to make it manageable in short bursts?

It's also fuck huge, largely defeating the purpose of the gun.

Ive had a few (out of 12 or so) that would beat that without all the retarded bubba mods.

The suppressor was part of the reason why the gun became well known in the first place.

Or that one scene in ghost in the shell (movie)((I know it’s shit but I haven’t seen the animation ones))(((I pulled a muscle in my ribs so I guess I have time now, I keep forgetting, also catch up on Golden Kamuy, kazou henmi about to get fucked up))) and after ‘kuze’ is done with his shpeel he just unloads two macs at batou and it sounds dope as fuck

And another one on ballistics right under
user you shouldn’t have

Any Remington from the past 10 years

It's basically a machine pistol. Once fired in full auto the accuracy will go to shit open bolt or not but that's besides the point.

With this you get a small easy to carry supressive fire firearm. Great for engaging multiple targets at close range much better than the pistol which allows you to accurately hit things at distances beyond the normal gunfight.

P90
Fiveseven
AKM
Mk23
M14
G3

I owned a Finn M39 which was superb and it was a Mosin.
Also had a pair of T53 Chink Nuggets which looked like they went through a combine harvester but functioned perfectly.

Seems all the problems with Mosin Nagants come from really old ones or examples that got beaten up in WW2/rearsenaled poorly afterwards.

Attached: go all out.jpg (499x542, 55K)

It's funny we make fun of fat guys with cringe "weapons" like these but even mall ninja chink shit is decent at stabbing you to death.

So is a pencil. Doesn't mean it's comparably viable.

I reaaallly want a Cobray mac10 clone to SBR. I know they’re shit. But they’rate such a cool looking gun. I doubt it’s easily possible to add the wire stock though, assuming you can find one
>and the ATF cucks ruled that a strap on a Mac10 is a forgrip, making it an AOW

normies being fags on Jow Forums

Attached: 001CF103-A48E-44EC-96F0-8299DAD463E7.jpg (450x303, 94K)

>Straight blowback isn't super reliable
Depends how shitty the mags are I guess

You're wrong.

The MP7 is the EXACT same principle:
Short, quiet, compact.

When I said "tunnels" I did not mean as a prrimary function. Primary function was to pop sentries and be handy. If you don't know wish to acknowledge that the M10 in its intended form was handy and well receieved then that is a personal problem.

But to deny the MP7's lineage from the M10 concept is simply being willfully ignorant.

You've never shot an M10, so shut up.

>I bought a bubba'd Mosin
>WHY DOES IT SUCK!!!!!!!!

3MOA is better than just about every other rifle of WWII.

>the basic mechanism determines the guns reliability
That's not how it works.
>Short, quiet, compact
>MP7's lineage from the M10 concept
So I suppose the Vz 61, MP5K, and M712 are all directly related to the MP7 too? Could slap a suppressor on those easily.
>You've never shot an M10, so shut up.
Great argument, I guess all the videos on youtube showing how uncontrollable it is are fake. The laws of physics must be wrong too.

>That's not how it works
I am aware, hence why I mentioned the mags. I am aware there are shit blowback guns, like the tec9/22 series and hipoints. I am not aware of any complaints for the mac design specifically.

Genuinely, feel free to change my mind. Cite your sources as a courtesy, please.

>That's not how it works

In the sense that it precludes one potential source of malfunctions, yes.

A simple blowback firearm is very unlikely to malfunction unless there's a problem with the ammunition, the extractor, ejector, or the magazines.

>anything that isnt an FAL or AR
Doesnt reddit have gun subforms for you trendy assholes?

Guess I didn't see the last part, sorry.
>I am not aware of any complaints for the mac design specifically.
Well the .45 uses shitty M3 mags, can't find what the 9mm uses.

The 9mm M10 used a bunch of different magazine styles. At first they used m/45 magazines, but when Sweden embargoed m/45s they started to import Walther MP magazines from West Germany. Eventually Sten and UZI magwells were made.

They have shitty autistic Chinese blades, I have guns. I can laugh at them all I want.

Attached: deathmatch.png (598x607, 572K)

I remember reading a book by a guy that was a SEAL deployed to Lebanon during the early 80's. They thought a suppressor would help improve it. The take away was even with one in place it was generally a hunk of shit unfit for any serious fighting. Decent bullet hose to ambush someone up close with, but even with a suppressor that's about it.

By which you mean the literal CIA

>There's no way it could fire slower without making the bolt larger or giving it more room to travel
what is tungsten weighting

Holy fuck I hate summerposters. You mean either a) the welgun b)the welrod c)a silenced sten. Also the MAC series are made for poor people to use in close quarters/urban environments, just because it looks cool doesn't make it an assassin's gun.

Attached: How_Bad.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

I should've said heavier, though tungsten isn't commonly used. Pricy stuff.