What’s a cheap weapon with fairly high stopping power? It has to be stronger than a .44 magnum

What’s a cheap weapon with fairly high stopping power? It has to be stronger than a .44 magnum

Attached: 183A3C97-F223-49F5-9CDD-48411C4C084D.jpg (350x256, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cheaperthandirt.com/product/midland-backpack-shotgun-break-action-12-gauge-26-barrel-3-chamber-1-round-synthetic-stock-blue-finish-000462712268.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=120255
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

12 gauge shotgun

There is seriously no other option that fits the criteria.

Trips of Truth AND FPBP. Can't ask for more than that.

Attached: 1312453376656.png (429x410, 13K)

What brand and model would you recommend? Any semi auto?

Get a Mossberg 500. Cheap, decently reliable, lots of after-market parts, heads and shoulders above Remington's post-Cerberus garbage.

That or Benelli.

You seem 15.

22lr to the dome. Accept no substitute.

I’ve heard that the bullet bounces around inside whatever it’s shot at, thanks for reminding me

45mm

That's a big foot, user.

f-for you...

22lr is the most dangerous invention of mankind. In fact, the bombs we dropped on Hiroshima were actually just bricks of 22LR which bounced around so fast they shredded the entire population and continued to bounce for so long that it took years before anyone could resettle.

.50bmg singeshot pipegun.

>semi auto shotguns
when will these meme die Jesus fucking Christ.

>He doesnt breach and clear by himself

45 magnum

also checked

Dr. Pavel? I'm Bigfoot.

>2018
>not using .45 howitzer

>Cheap
>Semi auto
Your best option is one of the turkish imports.
Cz is also a good option.

But if you start looking into pumps, that really opens things up.

You can buy a single barrel shotgun for under a hundred bucks at almost any gun store or pawn shop in the US. You can get 5 rounds of slug or 00 buck for around 5 bucks. There you go.

Attached: DSC00440 MR.jpg (4480x3360, 2.22M)

.44 Magnum from a lever action rifle. It's as powerful, if sometimes not more, than 7,62x39 / .30WCF. That is more than enough stopping power. And it is also very versatile, as you can hunt but also plink with it it. And shoot quite accurately at +100 yards.

A weapon that will have a great stopping power on humans is one that can be used to hunt medium game at 50 yards reliably.

Attached: marlin_1894_lever_action_rifle_13-300x225.jpg (300x225, 19K)

Marlin 1895 at .45-70 gov
If it can take down the T-Rex it an take down anything that you wouldn't worry about.

>You can buy a single barrel shotgun for under a hundred bucks at almost any gun store or pawn shop in the US.
I've never even seen one in person.

Uh, he did say cheap. nothing about .45-70 from rifle to ammo is cheap.

Attached: Rifle_Marlin-1895 (45-70).jpg (2048x1536, 1.84M)

This new:

cheaperthandirt.com/product/midland-backpack-shotgun-break-action-12-gauge-26-barrel-3-chamber-1-round-synthetic-stock-blue-finish-000462712268.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=120255

I was talking about used.

Pretty much this, you're looking for either a 20ga or 12ga shotgun.

Attached: shotshells noflash.jpg (1133x1195, 405K)

>stopping power
Define

You can pick one up for 450 all day

You shoot the BG in the head / torso and he goes down very quickly. Like when you use the right caliber for the right game while hunting. Game either run 30 yards/stop right in its track or it runs 200/300yards and die a half an hour later, if not more. It's not that hard to understand.

Maverick 88. You can generally find them for $200ish plus or minus $25.

Stopping power is a dumb meme. Shot placement and penetration are much more important than some ambiguous fudd term. If you want to reference bullet energy or impact pressure (force/area) ok but be specific with your request. High velocity/small caliber? Low velocity/large caliber? Both? You want recoil control for follow up shots or a single high power shot? Pistol, rifle, or shotgun?

>thinks he will be able to have good shot placement when he's getting attacked.

It is to fight bigfoots (bigfeet?) so I need basically what ever gun will dump the greatest amount of force into the target as possible.

If you’re up against big game learn how to shoot.

Attached: F5B2183C-CF6F-4ABF-B11A-EED6AABEA4BA.gif (274x191, 806K)

>If you want to reference bullet energy or impact pressure (force/area) ok but be specific with your request. High velocity/small caliber? Low velocity/large caliber?
Does he want to talk about any of that?
>You shoot the BG in the head / torso and he goes down very quickly. Like when you use the right caliber for the right game while hunting. Game either run 30 yards/stop right in its track or it runs 200/300yards and die a half an hour later, if not more.
Seems not. He's looking for shit with good stopping power, not a mathematical model to predict stopping power. And...
>or impact pressure (force/area)
please have a clue about physics before you start spouting crap. Forces aren't something things just have, they're a measure of the interaction between two things, and happily change during the course of said interaction. This means that for a lot of real world cases you're not going to determine the forces involved without some hefty computer simulation work, and basically anything meaningful you could use that force to calculate will be easier to measure or calculate than the force itself.

> Turkish

I would see if you can find old browning a5's or remington model 11's at pawn shops or online before you go turkshit

>Has to be stronger than a .44 magnum
Are you hunting whales?

a cheap ar-15

to give more detail something like a dpms, a ruger or the M&P sport 2. 5.56/223 gives you some similar energy

>shoot once and have to reload while I’m getting swarmed by squatches
I don’t want to have to pump the shotgun after every shot
Enough to kill a Bigfoot
>trying to impersonate me
Sasquatches and other spooks

is the maverick 88 field and securitiy combo a good gun

If you're going to go semi auto might as well go Benelli.

>does he want to talk about that?
Well he’s asking for a recommendation for a firearm for big game, what’s wrong with discussing the characteristics of the rifle and cartridge?
>please have a clue about physics before you start spouting crap
>forces aren't something things just have
Pressure = force / area
Force = mass x acceleration
An object can have an instantaneous force, measures in Newtons (N). A bullet’s force can be measured at any given point along its path given a value for the deceleration. The characteristics of the bullet, both in flight and while hitting the target, will depend on the material properties (mainly density) of both the bullet and the target in addition to the cross sectional area of the round. A higher bullet cross sectional area will transfer the energy over a larger area, which will reduce penetration, and vice versa for a smaller caliber bullet. If you use a large caliber/lower velocity bullet it will have difficult penetrating thick bone, but with lean muscle the damage will be higher compared to a smaller round traveling faster. Do you want soft tissue damage or penetration? “Stopping power” is an ambiguous term and can’t be quantified.