What kind of earpro do artillery soldiers use? I would be interested in joining...

What kind of earpro do artillery soldiers use? I would be interested in joining, but I don't want to be deaf by the time i'm 25.

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapedius_muscle
dictionary.com/e/phonetic-spelling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deafness

This. Even when doubling up artillery fire is still loud enough to cause hearing loss

WHAT ? ?
WHAT DID HE SAY ?

WHAT

I DONT KNOW I CANT HEAR HIM

HE SAID SHOOT NEAR HIM

They use the same as anyone else. Earplugs and over-ears, both if you're doubling up. Guys in your photo stupidly their hats between the earpro and skin, so they're getting suboptimal protection.

Former 13 series from the army of glorious America here.

They wear the same ear plugs everyone gets issued. I never really ever saw any of the gun bunnies wearing anything else. Honestly though, short of shooting max or near-max powder loads, howitzers aren't that bad as long as you are standing somewhere behind them.

I don't have significant hearing loss and I spent many a time right up on the line with the guns.

WHAT?

In Germany regular riflemen get issued the green Howard Leigh "light" plugs with 20 dB SNR and artillery gets the orange "max" 37 SNR ones.
Then again rifles are 140-160 dB and Howitzers 180-190

It really depends on what kind of powder charge the arty is using as to how loud the guns are. Most of the time outside of max-range combat shooting, small training charges will be used and the guns are really not that loud.

Now, the max charges WILL rattle your skull and loosen your bowels, don't get me wrong.

Shit, I'm deaf and I would love to do this all day long - my hearing's shot anyways... Might as well.

But no I cannot enlist into the military due to this fact alone.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WHAT

>I don't have significant hearing loss
>significant
How's that permanent tinnitus going for you ?

HUH?

DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?

They don't use ear pro cuz they're retarded

Germanian here, my great grandfather was operating artillery at the Ostfront. He and his friends all made it through the war alive, but they're all deaf.

Keep the Ost safe Fritz

different user, your location in relation to a the gun being fired matters as well, and I'm not even talking about "standing 100 feet from a gun vs. standing a mile away from a gun", but rather "standing couple feet to the side and back from the breech vs. standing ten feet forward from the muzzle/standing to the side from the breech vs. standing ten feet to the side from the gun."

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WHISPERING ABOUT?

WAS?

OH SHIT GAS GAS GAS!

wrong war i guess

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ASS, KEEP THAT SHIT TO YOURSELF!

The current issue US earplug are double ended with one side for active protection and one for passive protection from constant noise. IIRC they are both 22db.

A more than decent amount of people get Peltors. I was issued some of the Liberator model headsets when I was in.

I use a Peltor Comtac XPI, on active setting. The noise isn't too loud on the inside of the M109.

>Peltor
I'd imagine the domestic supplier of earpro to the military with the largest artillery in Europe (aside from Russia that is) would know a thing or two about protecting people's hearing from a cannon/howitzer going off next to them

...I could have sworn Peltor was Finnish, oh well Swedish is close enough...

WHATS WITH THE MUSTARD GAS user
WHAT

How do shells work? Are HE's really so powerfull? 105mm is ok or not? Redpill me on this pls

I have a buddy that was artillery and he is a deaf motherfucker, I don't think there is much you can do about it

Most artillery soldiers don't need hearing protection unless they have a medical waiver for very sensitive ears. Throughout basic training and MOS schools, they will start you off with .22 and move up without hearing protection to build up the muscles in your ears. By the time you've graduated, your ears will be strong enough to withstand artillery fire.

>the "starting with .22" to build resistance" -meme applied to artillery

"What's your name son"
"MY NAME IS BOB FRUGER"
"What do you do Bob?"
"IM IN ARTILLERY"
"what do you want me to play?"
"ANYTHING JUST PLAY IT LOUD"

Attached: 1528582393506.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>build up the muscles in your ears

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

summer fag gtfo

DO YOU LIKE
MY CAR?

DO I HIKE BY BAR? WHAT THE FUCK MAN

>they will start you off with .22 and move up without hearing protection to build up the muscles in your ears. By the time you've graduated, your ears will be strong enough to withstand artillery fire.
>build up the muscles in your ears
>muscles in your ears
>muscles
jesus christ user this is so fucking stupid I don't even know where to start. If this was possible why wouldn't everyone have "built up their ear muscles" so they don't need hearing protection?

Attached: amity.jpg (600x532, 40K)

ALLAHU AKBAR? ALLAHU AKBAR!

HE SAID BOOT EAR RIM

Fort Sill havin' ass.

BOOTY ON TIM?

this is a good thread

i agree

WHAT IS A LOOT BREAD?

WHAT?????

Look! I washed for suppah!

gullible isnt in the dictionary

What's dumber .
Being this gullible
>Or building up my ear muscles

HER COOTER'S RED???

I CAN'T SEE, HEAR OR SMELL WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO CONVEY TO ME.

You will be......... nothing stops or reduces bone conduction.

Attached: 6E6F1F3A-A39C-4899-AB5E-CE16A5415A8A.jpg (1024x683, 151K)

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT ME

WHAT?
NOBODY IS WHIMPERING FAGGOT.

I wonder how much sound reduction your skull has assuming you had perfect ear protection.

Little ass kid, ass so little joke go over his head

Missed that one did you?
just

Kek made my day also nice numbers

God summer sucks

>building up muscles in your ears
>ears have muscles

Attached: 1522363526557.png (420x420, 76K)

WIE BITTE?!

Different Bundeswehr user here.
Just wanted to add that some forces also get standard issue Peltors or other active hearing protection.
If you are a Panzergrenadier on the Puma, you get much fancy stuff.

Shot with a tank wearing standard military-issued overheads and tanker helmet. I can say that 120mm L/55 does make quite a noise.

Digits confirm op has a nice ass

WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU WERE TINKERING WITH?

Actually your ears do have muscles.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapedius_muscle
Mercadies-benz has a system to protect the ears of its occupants. If the car detects an unavoidable crash, the sound system plays a loud tone to get the muscles in your ear to flex and protect your hearing from the sounds of the car your in turning inside-out.
is full of shit though, he just accidentally got close to something real.

Attached: 1523513926435.jpg (2398x2400, 785K)

>Mercadies-benz

I have shot arond 800 grenades, around 200 of them with my hatch open and only wearing the russian tanker helmet. I have no level of hearing loss and still have above average hearing.

t: AMOS commander

HEY REPORTER, IF YOU LAY ON THE GROUND WHEN A TANK GOES BY, IT MAKES YOUR DICK FEEL REALLY FUCKING GOOD

>Look mom I posted it again lol

Earplugs and cups on top of them. Its not bad at all.

after a certain point, very loud as fuck sound will just travel through your body and hit your hearing hair cells anyways.

>Mercadies-benz

Attached: 1518488475486.png (444x287, 49K)

>Phonetic spelling, how barbaric

>doesn't know how to spell something
>pulls something out of his ass
>calls it 'phonetic'

>not mer-say-deez
Admit it, you just spelt it wrong. No shame in that.

Yeah, I can't spell. I have no shame in that.
dictionary.com/e/phonetic-spelling/
Phonetic spelling just means writing a word as it is pronounced. For some god awful reason, English isn't phonetic, so a huge portion of our words aren't written how they sound; ex. silent letters, letter combinations rather than new letters, letters with more than one sound, letters that share a sound. Then you've got all the rules, like "I before E, except after C" and "drop the Y and add IES", and even those rules aren't absolute. Not to mention all the barrowed words form other languages. And then again you've got regional accents, sounding out words doesn't work if you're saying them "wrong" to begin with. Like the word "Borrowed" I misspelled above.

English is a terrible written language, but that being said, "Mercedes" is a German word.

I failed a Spanish class in high school and their shit makes so much more sense.

>.webm unrelated

Attached: YouJustKnow.webm (976x550, 2.73M)

YOU LIKE TO EAT FRIED GAR?

>Phonetic spelling just means writing a word as it is pronounced.
yes, we know, the way you (mis-)spelled "Mercedes" is not even close to being phonetic

Get off the iPad and go do your homework, bud.

>barrowed

In the hall of the mountain king

What?

WHAT JAR ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Masturbation...

NO IT'S NOT A FAR ROUTE.

WHY DOES HE WANT BAR BOOTS?

A yes, the old Canadian C3 Howitzer, most reliable piece of shit ever bought by the CAF.

As a Gun Det Commander I like Peltor Electronic Ear Muffs like the ones worn in your pic.

You can hear fire orders clearly and the volume will lower automatically when a sound goes over what is safe for hearing.

They also fit comfortably under a helmet.

Attached: Peltors.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

BUT MY BOOTS ARE BLOUSED!