What's a good 5.56x45mm rifle

...that is NOT an AR-15?

Attached: qtcos4.jpg (1080x1167, 191K)

Mini 14 :^)

FAMAS

L85A1

Galil ACE (expensive though), SCAR-16 (also very expensive), Daewoo K2 (ditto, plus hard to find parts), FN FNC (worth it if you have the shekels for relatively affordable select-fire), Galil (need to find a quality parts kit and builder).

If you're into AKs, then the Arsenal SLR-106FR. Magazines are expensive, though.

I love this girl. She's literally perfect to me. This shit just makes me sad that I've never met a girl like her.

>girl

That shitty meme needs to die.

Well as far as military procurement goes there's a lot of options. AUGs, Galils, G36...

If you're a civilian in America your options are considerably more limited because of import bans. As far as domestic manufacturing goes hardly anyone makes anything but an AR-15 in substantial numbers. Here are a few remaining options.

Mini-14. Go 2nd gen (580 serial number prefix and up) and it'll be OK. Good if you like Garand controls.
Kel-Tec SU16. Good if you want a lightweight backpack/bugout gun but not very durable. Stick to C and CA models.
FN SCAR L. Basically a glorified AR-18 for richfags.
Steyr AUG. Great for 80s sci-fi aesthetic but pretty expensive and niche. You can convert them to use AR magazines but the AUG mags are really nice.
CZ BREN. Like a SCAR but a little cheaper and for people with taste.
IMI Tavor. They've gone down in price, but for all of the on paper high speed low drag capabilities I have never shot one and enjoyed it. Some people swear by them though.

Those are the non ARs available new in 5.56 I have had experience with. Don't know about the Beretta ARX or the new Kel-Tec bullpup. There are a few 5.56 AK variants available but I don't even know where to start with those.

Also there's a wide selection of older used rifles. Daewoos, Galils, HK33 clones, SL8 (I have shot one of those, neat looking but unimpressive). I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I only want to comment on what I know.

SCAR
CZ 806
VHS 2
AUG
FS 2000
TAVOR
Galil
FN FNC
in spite of memes, G36

Ar18

Thanks for the (You)s mates. I'm leaning toward Mini 14 at the moment just because I like the compactness, power, and ubiquity of the caliber. The goal is to have something that can fit in a Pelican 1720 case along with a PTR 91 and armor plates and magazines. Mini 14 would do nicely, but all options should be on the table. I expect to be doing a lot of moving inside CONUS in the next few years and really can't bear to part with a small portable armory.

Please leave my Anderson Cooper waifu alone.

Attached: qtcos2.jpg (640x800, 74K)

And I forgot SAR 21 is definitely amazing.

If you want compactness, why not get something that has a collapsible stock, or is a bullpup? Or are you planning to put it in one of those Muzzlelite stocks?

The Mini 14 is small enough. Even an AR is small enough to leave room for plates. The 1720 is a looong case, something like 42" iirc. The PTR does need the collapsible stock though.

Heads up. I've owned a few Mini-14s and they do have downsides.

Get a 2nd gen for the thicker barrel, old models are built to be deer rifles. After 5 rounds they heat up and the groups open up substantially. New models do this too but to a much lesser degree.
They can't use AR magazines. They use a proprietary pattern instead and it's a rock-in setup like an AK. Magazine choice is crucial for optimal reliability, although Tapco gen 2s are reported to be good.
If you get a 2nd gen replace the rear sight with a Tech Sights unit. The factory sight is a shitty cheap fucktarded design that will never hold zero.
If you get a folding stock (which for your purposes you should) make sure it has a heat shield under the foregrip. If it's not there the stock will get hot, burn your hand and melt.
Avoid ultimak mounts. They don't allow for optimal ventilation and get hot as fuck. Good way to burn your hands and whatever you mount on them.
Get good at reloads. It's a little clunky but if you think of it as an AK with a bolt hold open it works. Extended magazine release levers help a little.

Also for your purposes examine the SU-16. It's specifically designed to be easy to stow away and transport.

>good rifle
>5.56x45mm

Hmm, well, you have the inherent infinite modularity of the mini 14 system if you ever decide otherwise. I would get one in a heartbeat in order to make a custom stock if they were available in a heartbeat.

trips is right, the first models get heat for having very thin barrels. Although the receiver should be threaded so you should be able to replace them. I think?

There are companies that rebarrel them but it's much cheaper to just buy a 2nd gen.

Mini-14s have already gotten pretty expensive in the last couple years, doesn't make sense to pour too much money into one. At that rate OP may as well get a BREN or a SCAR L.

Yes I've seen people drop upwards of 2k on a Mini-14. I only ever bought them used for $550-650.

*available in my country
fuck I type like an autist

Thanks for the quality post guy, I'm much better informed. The SU-16c is looking like a great option. Accepts standard magazines and can fold up. I'm not a snob and tbhwy KelTec has been p much the opposite of larger manufacturers when it comes to preserving 2A so I am already keen on their product.

I've got about a year before I'll be moving for work, but I fully expect an economic collapse within the next ten years and would like to have my ducks in a row before then. If all else fails, I'll just chuck a shockwave in there.

Attached: qtcos5.jpg (1080x1316, 137K)

Biggest drawback of the SU is that the plastic body doesn't inspire much confidence. I wouldn't go beating on one. It's more of a bug out, avoid combat and move light kind of rifle rather than a stay and fight deal. Then again you already have a PTR so if you want to hold ground you have the perfect rifle for that role.

I recently considered getting another Mini-14, a PC9 takedown or an SU-16CA to augment my M1A. I went with the SU-16 specifically because it does well what the M1A doesn't, but the reverse is also true.

Who's that chick?

FS2000

If ARs did not exist, I'd say my only other choices would be an AUG or an SG 551. I have both (commercial versions) and like them.

I would not consider anything else.

Thanks for the kind advice my guy. I'll keep it in mind.

Just some random person.

Attached: qtcos3.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Any real reason you don't want an AR?

As opposed to a fake reason? I don't like the aluminum receivers. I've shot AR for years. They're alright, and I like the caliber, but I don't particularly like the platform. It's unwieldy and annoying to clean. Even a varmint bolt action rifle would be preferable over Stoner's space age design imo.

Attached: qtval2.jpg (1092x1014, 149K)

My man.

I love my Sig 556 classic.

instagram profile lywi.gr, can be found on kikebook as well

>le pixie dream girl

these girls are literally the most boring, cookie cutter thots out there.

this

Fuck famas, Famae is top tier

Is this the traps residence????? I'm gonna use the piece of pizza next to your rotten high action fast-emission of syllables stupid face as a compensation for wind and drop when I use the .357 magnum. OH NOES transgender poc women are being killed in 20171! GOOD.

Attached: subversionox_solution_prideConfident.png (651x560, 77K)

Trust me, there are plenty of fake reasons. Most involve 'going against the grain'. But if you don't like it, you don't like it.

what could he mean by this?

Attached: beanpat.jpg (167x147, 7K)

This amillion times.
>haha I like manga and anime and cute things, but I'm shy despite having a twitter and tumblr I constantly post on
>also check out my twitch channel, like and subscribe

sar 3, Romanian ak-74 variant

Attached: SAR 3 BOI.jpg (640x480, 270K)