Glock grip angle

How do you reconcile the glock grip angle?

I picked both an S&W 39, a USP, and 1911 in the same sitting as a glock 17. The glock pointed straight up yet the other three pointed with me standing straight up.

I'm guessing the glock was meant for the shooter to be in a fetal when shooting the glock. As that is a reactionary stance when frightened or fighting. As to protect the heart and lungs with your shoulders and head.

But I'm also guessing in a true self defense situation the agitator will take your money or fiddle with something or someone. Which means you must keep the rest of your body kinda still. So no crouching should be done with a draw(watch ASP vids). That's why I come here asking if there are any polymers similar to the 39 or YEP. Or if there's a mechanical alteration or alteration in training that doesn't affect eachother.

Tl;Dr I no like high bore axis

Attached: 1527771390821m.jpg (956x1024, 223K)

Bore axis is a meme, buy a USP and stop being a faggot

Thats $1000 thrown away when the police lose it in evidence

>high bore axis
>grip angle
These are two different things. Also, it really makes little difference, the right grip angle is the one you shoot best with.

Except they aren't 1000 dollars and it's highly unlikely you'll ever use it so your poorfag ass can save up to buy a spare before that happens.

The grip angle debate is just people trying to justify why they like something. Don't buy into it. It will only make you look dumb.

Attached: pistol-angles.jpg (802x428, 98K)

Alright I just hate how the glock points up when brought up.
What's the shooty at the top right?

I buy anything else.

>Alright I just hate how the glock points up when brought up.

How is someone this fucking retarded...

"It's the gun's fault when it points itself at a weird angle..."

How does a 1911 feel in your hand?

I would say 30% of guns fit my hand geometry so that sight picture lines up everytime. So far, sig 320 compact, 1911 flat msh, ruger american small grip, fit my hand and sights line up perfectly.

Shoot a glock and sig side by side and tell me bore axis is a meme. Shooting sig is like shooting a fucking hi point

Looks like a Sig to me. Not sure which model. 228?

Bore axis should only matter if you're firing multiple rounds in quick secession. Even then, it can be managed.

Attached: 1464919710174.jpg (604x332, 23K)

I've shot a 1911 and a USP while also borrowing my friends Glock 17.
The difference wasnt noticeable enough to be concerned, time to get back on target simply wasn't great enough that I could detect it, grip the gun like you're supposed to and it's a non issue.

Thus, it's a meme.

>I did this once, and it was there but wasn't an issue
>It's a meme

Oh, Jow Forums making gun owners everywhere rage at your autism...

Attached: 1528067451557.jpg (438x503, 49K)

>just hate how the glock points up when brought up.
That's because you are accustomed to a less steep grip angle. Someone who prefers a glock style angle will find that a sig or whatever will point down. It's just personal preference, although an argument can be made that a steeper angle allows for better recoil control because the grip is closer in line to the bore. In practice it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference.

Glock Talk is more your speed if you want a hug box for your tupperware

If the gun points up for you, then wouldn't it point further up in the fetal position?

Cool, most folks don't shoot one round per second. Any drill will have you shooting multiple rounds. Not some fudd bullseye shit

fuck I want VERTICAL grips like the Uzi, I dont want it angled at all and I want vertical straight magazines too. I dont care if it naturally points, I feel like I could be alot more precise with it this way.

Attached: E2D92F88-1E11-40E1-A976-4906BBAB0375.jpg (727x600, 43K)

Align the sights and shoot quit being a faggot

One reason for having a vertical grip for a pistol is being able to apply pressure on the bottom while maneuvering it to leverage the motion kinda like a nightstick. You just cant really do that with an angled grip.

Attached: New-MPA-Vertical-Grip-with-Trigger-Finger-Support.jpg (1000x790, 205K)

There we go, nailed it. Another benefit I just realized is this would have is reducing muzzle flip because the bottom of the grip is going to have to exert more leverage against the hand to rotate the pistol against the top of the grip. A proper solid grasp on the pistol will reduce the flip because of that - flipping the Arm its connected to is alot harder.

This photobash doesnt look aesthetic but thats only because nobody is currently catering to vertical grips on pistols (and uzis are SMGs by design). It would look better if someone had designed it deliberately.

Attached: glock20straightgrip.jpg (303x230, 34K)

Does anyone know of a grip or something that makes a glock point like a Beretta 92

Yeah, it's called an Xd or M&P.

This is wrong, and I'll give you an example why. A Mossberg Shockwave if only fired with one hand will have less muzzle flip than a 500 with a pistol grip, all else being equal, no? That's because on the grip angle. The closer it is to 180° (like a Roman candle or something), the more in line the force is with the bone structure of your arm, hence the gun has less leverage on your grip and muzzle flip is reduced

And if you had a glock but you would like to change just that one aspect?

Frame modification

Can you elaborate?

You'd be building a new pistol. Half the frame would have to be bent to create the new angle. Mags would have to be custom made because of the new feed angle. It would fuck with the trigger assembly. I mean, look at pic related and tell me it's easier to change the angle instead of buying a gun that is actually designed for the grip you want.

>thinking this is better

Years of ergonomic advancement surely don't mean anything right? Straight grips offer zero advantage.

Have you shot an Uzi?

Fuck.

Attached: l7y0jof8yjcy.png (678x612, 296K)