"12 ga. Kicks like hell"

>"12 ga. Kicks like hell"

Attached: 1528573804720.jpg (640x640, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUAQVmuYPZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=kVSWZUM3gV4
cheaperthandirt.com/product/backyard-single-3-4-cock-trap-clay-target-thrower-649898708010.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=119741
youtube.com/watch?v=Gq74aiXn1b4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"it will break your wrist if you're not careful"

>it spreads like crazy too, no chance of missing!

>Is shooting 2 3/4 birdshot

>He's never fired a single shot 12 ga.

Attached: 1469666666760.jpg (800x800, 476K)

I just don't understand "men" who can't handle recoil.
I've been shooting 7.62x54r since I was 12. I loved it then and I love it now.

>gotta give my shoulder a rest

Attached: Heikki_tonniHQ.jpg (499x570, 32K)

I've fired plenty. With plenty different types of loads.
>Hence OP thinking this common statement is retarded

3" shells from a light shotgun does kick some.

Why are you being huge faggot about it? So some people observe that recoil exists. If you have a lot of practice is very manageable recoil. Do you not want new shooters to enter the sport?

You sound like the kind of faggot that would invite his noguns girlfriend to shoot and give her something totally unpleasant for her first time, which is why she doesn't want to come shoot anymore and why her breath smells like cum sometimes when you haven't been with her all day.

Attached: 067JD.gif (200x150, 1.36M)

>Auto-5, great gun but kicks like a mule!

Attached: 1525373018773.jpg (960x696, 136K)

>Projecting this hard
Sure under a hyper specific situation YES a 12 can kick pretty good.
I'm sorry you're too autistic to put together that this thread is about tired shit you constantly hear dipshits spout off.
Also if it matters, no I don't do that kind of shit. It's irresponsible and unsafe.

Attached: 1528818661347.jpg (500x400, 196K)

This.
>friend complains about shoulder after firing SKS
>mfw next gun out the case is the Mosin

Attached: 1525311849487.png (698x658, 69K)

>dipshits spout off
yeah too bad about all the dipshits spouting off. I feel you there.

Ingenious recoil system on that thing, but recoil from a birdshot feels the same as a buckshot/slug round.

>mfw i actually knew red shirt kid
His name was Paul I think. We went to the same elementary school. He was years behind me though.

This
My first gun that i bought was a nugget
But I'd been shooting my dads 30-30 since I was like 10
Be a fucking man and lean into and you'll be fine

Strangely the worst recoil I've ever felt was my friends Makarov

Why the fuck does that little thing have such a shitty recoil? Not even my .44 mag sucked to shoot that much.

Slide velocity.

Just clean it with frog lube, that should slow it down a bit

People spread the word about recoil but whenever I shoot for more than 10 minutes I have more problems with my support arm getting tired and unsteady than "recoil hurts muh shoulder"

Same desu.

Although I tend to use a sling to mitigate this.

I thought people exaggerated recoil to somehow aggrandize the shooting experience but someone posted a pic of their bruised shoulder from firing an AK..

This happens to my friends all the time, most people don't hold the gun correctly. They either barely rest the bottom tip of the stock on their shoulder or they don't pull the gun in and hold it tight.

The first time someone handed me a shotgun, I pulled it in tight, leaned forward, and dumped the mag (tubedumb?) as fast as I could.

3.5" magnum in a light pump shotgun kicks pretty real lol.

T. 300lb Hambeast

>Be on shotgun range
>Black NCO falls on his ass trying to shoot M1014 kneeling.
>Mfw

Attached: 5F4EC9F5A3504FC8BA03A6B1E5F81E4A.gif (325x244, 1.84M)

160 but okay.

Holy fuck!!!That kid looks just like me when I was that age.

I'm saving that!

>newfags don't know about shoop da whoop

Hello new friend

Fucking bananaposters are back

For a shotgun, yes it does, arguably kicks more than any one per its weight. Not complaining though

It’s a direct blowback. If you ever fire a Hi-Point, it’s similar.

Learn to set up the recoil rings properly. This shotgun is smooth as fuck when used as intended.

>Shooting some .22 on range
>Guy next to me with a rented SCAR laughs and says I should "shoot a real caliber"
>Stumbles backwards from the first shot
>Staff tells him perhaps he should try a different gun
I have never smirked so hard in my life

Attached: 1522791630014.jpg (672x668, 137K)

Top kek

Attached: IMG_1153.jpg (600x600, 38K)

Shoulda told em "I do every time I nut."

>he’s a bitch

Gun Jesus says no.
youtube.com/watch?v=VUAQVmuYPZ0

>shooting .22 at a range
He was still right to make fun of you

That guys a commie faggot tho. Who gives a fuck what he or his boyfriend think.

>buying the stormfag propaganda

Niceme.me

>favorite calibers to shoot are .308, 12ga and .357
>have a hard time shooting well with 9mm because it's 2snappy4me
Explain this shit.

A lighter gun will have more felt recoil in a caliber. Something like a polymer pistol or a compact will do that, especially the two together.

And the same thing applies to rifles and shotguns. The anons complaining about 12g recoil most likely have lightweight single barrel break open guns. I shoot pretty much exclusively 3.5" magnum 12g through a pump gun without idsue but an old single barrel break open 20g with 3" gives a sharper more unfriendly recoil

>Not specifying gun, loads and shooter
t. nogunz

Shoot a 3" slug out of a single barrel and talk to me again. There are so many factors influencing recoil, that you're basically retarded if you specify the caliber and go "hurr durr it kicks".

The best you can do is to show them how to pull the gun into their shoulder right. Then you can shoot about everything up to a .458 Lott with relatively few problems.

satan wouldnt lie, would he?

I do know how to use the recoil springs on it. That's what I mean, on the light setting, for birdshot, birdshot hits pretty hard. When you switch it over to the heavy load setting, and you use a heavy load, it still hits pretty hard. Birdshot and buckshot feel the same in that gun. As I originally said, pretty ingenious system.

.22 is fun and great for practicing fundamentals.

>kicks like hell

Here's a /woman/ shooting my 500magnum. She owns guns and has shot many times. The only instruction I gave her was not to hit yourself in the face and don't drop it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVSWZUM3gV4

Its from being scared of recoil and thus holding the stock about an inch off your body. So instead of recoil pushing you it punches you. It should be like i grabbed your gun by the barrel and tried to knock you on your ass by shoving you with it. Not like i just fuckin clobbered you. Sometimes they do have ok contact with stock but arent pulling it into them so it bounces around and does the same shit. Make firm contact in your shoulder pocket, and slightly pull the rifle into your body, this also helps to create tension and helps stop you from pulling the sights offtarget during trigger pull. And more importantly keeps the gun from beating you like a shitty wife

.38 +p out of a S&W airweight is worse than 240 grain .44 magnum from a model 29. I found that appalling the first time I fired one.

Yeah but you can do that in your backyard dude

Literally illegal in any place that isn't bumfuck nowhere

Attached: 1527871712837.png (380x349, 70K)

>he can't shoot in his backyard
>he doesn't have a rifle range in the canyon on the other end of the property

Attached: 2018-06-12 17.46.08.jpg (1041x1276, 1.15M)

>getting caught shooting a .22
Howabout you don't scream out to the neighborhood you're shooting a gun and you'll be fine
We used to do this all the time

I wouldn't go so far as to call my friend a soiboi, but he is quite a soft man in every sense of the word. I've never seen such gnarly bruises as he had on just about his entire torso after we shot slugs out of our other friends 12 gauge.

I shot a full auto AK once, and it left a nice sized bruise. It was kind of surprising, not even a day of shooting 12 gauge will do that to me.

>fixing an old JC Higgins .22 for someone
>walk outside into back yard
>wave at the neighbors on their back patio
>fire three rounds into the ground and go back in
Its fine if you actually have a good relationship with the people you live around.

Also stance and position.

I could shoot a mosin or shotgun all day standing without a care.
Sitting on a bench and Im done after 3 rounds. Fuck that noise.

Congrats you figured out the point of the thread.

Right.
but I can do that with any caliber
Great non-argument, user. What I'm implying is that .22 is a very good training round on top of being fairly useful.

consciously abiding by laws in any capacity other than in the case of pure coincidence is blasphemy.
Who fucking cares. So long as you are smart you can do what you want.

shooting 100 rounds of 12gauge will leave a mark if you do it fast enough.
>someone who shoots 12 ga. more than the faggot OP

Attached: IMG_0462.jpg (4032x3024, 3.74M)

What clay thrower is that?
Ive been meaning to get a solo thrower but dont really know what to look for in one

It does, when you load some 3" slugs into an over under and pull both triggers at the same time for a bet.

cheaperthandirt.com/product/backyard-single-3-4-cock-trap-clay-target-thrower-649898708010.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=119741
here is a link to one identical to mine. I bought it at Sports Authority before they went under lol. This one is well made and will last just being left out and not oiled. The X and Y axis have to be moved by turning and looeseing a nut but mine is nigger-rigged with a welded piece so I can move it up and down. Next thing mine needs is another nigger-rigged weld on the X axis and then some string attached to the pull lever that will be connected to a stake and hold tension So I can just step on it. Rn I have to shoot with a bro or just hit it with my foot/barrel both feel kinda awkward but add to the challenge.

Attached: 39951_1.jpg (550x550, 24K)

Nice, thanks

>12GA is hard as fuck to sho-

youtube.com/watch?v=Gq74aiXn1b4

based

>this
The only time it’s an annoyance is after around 400-500 rounds on a wire stock.

>back when I was only shooting for ~3 years
>mostly pistol, ARs, harshest recoil I ever experienced was 7.62x39 with an AK74 style brake
>meet a Jow Forumsommando on the range who had an M44
>nervous to shoot it, expecting it to kick like a motherfucker
>doesn't even hurt, only a stout push

Some of you fuckers are straight up basedboys. I weighed 130lbs at that time.

Shoot slugs benched on a lightweight shotgun with no recoil pad. Your shoulder will most certainly get fucked up.

Ruins your ears indoors, though.