Redpill me on icepick grip for knives, why is it the go to for close combat?

redpill me on icepick grip for knives, why is it the go to for close combat?

Attached: k weapons.png (600x600, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U
youtube.com/watch?v=2zCGjSoZzkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can apply more force going down than going up, and you're a retard if you think you're going to be parrying with a knife, so it isn't worth it to go the other way.

you dont need red pilled, you will never go to combat

Its not. Never give up reach.

Double-hand icepick grip is probably realistically the best. Human bodies are tougher than people think they are.

what grip is used to shank people in jail? It isn't icepick. Doesn't hurt to be able to use a knife with multiple grips, but I prefer gun-fu, where you shoot your opponent with a gun from further than 30ft away.

Its a defensive grip. Maybe use in your offhand if you have another knife in your strong hand. As a primary grip though, its woefully inadequate for offense, anyone who says otherwise is retarded. Its a knife fight, youre gonna get fucking sliced up, so dont give up offense for the sake of defense.

Attached: 8325898654_4528a42422_b.jpg (1024x576, 190K)

why tho, does he use the knife arm to stabilize the gun like how you do with a flashlight?

hold on tards Ill show you the one way youre gonna use this grip

Because of CQC

tards

Attached: how to use a knife improperly but proper.png (1209x756, 49K)

fucking kek

Knife fighting is fucking stupid. No matter how good you are at it, you're still going to get fucked up.
I'd rather enter and clear a fortified house by myself without grenades than get in a knife fight.

just INCASE you dont know how to use youre "blade"

Attached: how to win erratananat tnata.png (1209x756, 44K)

its not a real fight dumbass, its whoever gets to stabbin first wins shits not like cain and able Its like to cars colliding. great at determing skill

>redpill me on icepick grip for knives, why is it the go to for close combat?

its not. I guess larpers on youtube have unlimited influence with gullible vidya players. The thumb on ricasso fencing foil hand position is the correct one for using a knife to kill a guman

tards be trading

so you go from a 50/50 lice situation to a 100% die situation

tards be tarding

>I'd rather enter and clear a fortified house by myself without grenades than get in a knife fight.

Literally suicide Vs maybe life in a knife fight.
Tell me how many houses have you 'cleared'?

>Double-hand icepick grip is probably realistically the best. Human bodies are tougher than people think they are.

What the fuck is this? Really what's going on with this shitpost can any one explain how this thought got in private piles brainbox? Private pile put this jelly doughnut in your mouth. Now eat. Private pile has faied anons because YOU have failed so from now on whenever privat pile fucks up I am going to shitpost Roseanne bar in a thong with an AR memes.

Think of sliding a dildo into a wet pussy gentlemen. No need to overdo it On hand, firm and steady pressure and once in make sure you rotate it so the head moves in a nice circle for maximum shimulation.

If wetting the dildo in your boyfriends throat ladies, again steady pressure in the mid neck from the side an then pull forwards

Or just a screwdriver to the back of the skull and wiggle it about. Imagine you are stirring dough in the kitchen with mommy

How to knife fight for dummies:
1. flee
>but I am le cornered
2. alright fine stab the other guy more than he stabs you in more critical places
3. Hope you didn't get stabbed so bad that you can't survive the ambulance ride to the lucky/unlucky ER doctor who's about to earn his trauma surgeon badge

The problem with knife fighting is knives are really shit at actually incapacitating people quickly so they can't retaliate (unless you get the drop on them from behind, unlikely in a defensive scenario) Either both of you don't want to die and take turns trying to nick/poke each other to death, or one of you goes for it and it just turns into who can stab the other person to death faster.

This. Rule #1 in a knife fight. You're going to get cut

I got redpilled on knife fighting in the army. We would go to the pt field in pt shorts and a white t shirt. One guy gets a red sharpie one guy gets a black sharpie. The most disturbing part is how many times you "cut" yourself.

oh, that's the first rule? what's the second, since you're so crafty
wait, are you just parroting fuddlore?
what's that, you just repeat endlessly repeat bad memes for fun?
oh, I'm so sorry

Knife fighting is a stupid proposition at the best of times but if you have to do it stabbing will get you far closer to their important bits you need to stop working than slashing will.

>Rule #1 in a knife fight. You're going to get cut

rule one is don't let the person you are about to kill that you are there or going to kill him or have a knife

why do all you faggots think both the v42 and Fairbairn–Sykes are specifically designed for a ricasso thumb foil hold? Was it just a hilarious practical joke on men who were employed to use them in killing sentries

Does the modern US army train people to kill using a knife on the premise that you give your enemy a knife and walk up to the screaming with a knife visible in your hand? Can you see the flaw in this private pile? Can you? What string of unconditional fuck ups have to have occurred for you to have placed yourself in this position?

Attached: article-0-0D4E9FBD000005DC-990_468x687.jpg (468x687, 110K)

It was the preferred method for quietly removing sentries throughout ww2 by allied soliders yet

>Knife fighting is a stupid proposition at the best of times

uh huh....

Attached: 0264100.jpg (400x600, 36K)

Cutting someone's throat while they're not aware is not a knife fight. They are not trying to stab you back.

simple. ww2 was not the best of times.

>Cutting someone's throat while they're not aware is not a knife fight.

killing an enemy sentry with a knife is not fighting with a knife. Is it some new form of pacifism I was uniformed about?

Never let your opponent know you are there but if that fails
Never let your opponent know you have a knife other than by inserting it into him.

Displaying a knife as a threat, posturing with a knife, this is not

>Never let your opponent know you are there but if that failsNever let your opponent know you have a knife other than by inserting it into him.

It will not lead to a kill it will according to the trained US soldier further up the thread lead to you and your opponent wearing underwear and drawing on each other

Because that's how they did it back in the day

Attached: meyer_1570_dagger_a.jpg (2182x1407, 2.59M)

Fight has the implication both of you have knives and are going at it. A sandbar fight scenario. Having your buddy grab them from behind while you gouge out their throat is not exactly a mutual display of violence.

yet it is not.

t.owns renassiance stilettoes

they are very akin to a Fairbairn–Sykes with a thumb forward ricasso grip falling naturally into place. What you are looking at a rondell daggers, which were abandoned for the renaissance or artillery mans stiletto/misercorde as a superior killing tool and method. Thank you for confirming that all hema faggots must die though.

>Fight has the implication both of you have knives and are going at it.

How is a royal marine commando cutting kraut throat not fighting? On what level of jelly donut are we operating? Are we two high school boys dancing in leather jackets in a ritualised homosexual mating display for their peers benefit or are we actually using the knife as a weapon?

>Are we two high school boys dancing in leather jackets in a ritualised homosexual mating display for their peers benefit
That depends if you want to bb.
Anyway would you consider JFK's assassination a fight?

why are HEMA faggots?

As you are all incapable of understanding anything that is not youtube I found this to bring you to the place where Rosanne bar is no longer necessary. Please unpack your jelly donuts and watch to learn how a knife is actually employed. As this elderly gentleman has in fact killed many people with a knife he knows more than you, or indeed all the cocksucking faggots with butter on their anus that you worship

youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U

'bit of a messy job but that's it'

>everyone only used stilettoes
>implying they weren't mostly used by the very people known for being shitty fighters

Thus speaks a hema homosexual. Can't learn won't learn.

Your idea of a "fight" is a fucking bar rumble.

You do realize that in the time you are stabbing someone, they will have at least a few seoconds to stab the hell out of you too?
Knife fights usually end with both parties maimed or dead, fighting with knives should be your last resort. The only way to turn the tide in your favour, is to have a tool with alot more reach than your opponent’s.

Attached: untitled.png (259x195, 105K)

Am I wrong?

I Fight with My hands before I fight with my gun.... Ive been in multiple circumstances where ive taken my gun out of my belt/holster and handed to a close friend or locked it up to proceed in beating the shit out of someone... You can not truely know ones self until youve been in real fight... Ive also beat the shit out of 2 people that pulled a kinife on me(only had my gun for 1 of them) but knew the drunk sloppy fuck didnt stand a chance of stopping me from knocking him on his ass before he could even think about stabbing me.... You can measure a man by how quick he is to go to his weapons! The Lord has see fit to bless me with not having to shoot/kill anyone yet(closest thing was warning shots to break up someone getting jumped and they just scattered)

Attached: wanna fight comeatmebro.jpg (243x256, 10K)

Or a capable blocking mechanism.... A leather coat wrapped around your non fighting arm, or a fuckin trashcan lid lol (but real talk)

I just want to point out that is NOT me. Holy hell now that's a pasta.

Because Vidya games and looking cool I guess

that might work, Id still be worried about being stabbed in the neck, chest, or stomach though.

When you slide a knife into someone they will freeze as they feel the unusual sensation of the steel in their internal organs. They 'tense' they can no more strike back than you could half way through a huge shit. When the knife has been inserted...it is only withdrawn METHODICALLY. This involves a rapid movement forward on the throat and otherwise applying pressure on the pommel so as the ip/extremity of the blade inside the body rotates in as wide a circle as possible, this should be done even on the rear of skull into the brain. They will not strike back during this part but may try and speak or make eye contact, do not look in their eyes and cover the mouth by grabbing under the jaw and pulling upwards with fingers inserted into the gullet. If you literally cover the mouth with your hand they may bite through your fingers.

It is very intimate

Attached: untitled.png (188x268, 124K)

These posts are so strange. I have no idea what they are supposed to mean. I'm guessing English isn't your first language?

guess away. I'm retired

>Fight with My hands before I fight with my gun.... Ive been in multiple circumstances where ive taken my gun out of my belt/holster and handed to a close friend or locked it up to proceed in beating the shit out of someone... You can not truely know ones self until youve been in real fight... Ive also beat the shit out of 2 people that pulled a kinife on me(only had my gun for 1 of them) but knew the drunk sloppy fuck didnt stand a chance of stopping me from knocking him on his ass before he could even think about stabbing me.... You can measure a man by how quick he is to go to his weapons! The Lord has see fit to bless me with not having to shoot/kill anyone yet(closest thing was warning shots to break up someone getting jumped and they just scattered)

Attached: retard.jpg (569x595, 147K)

Lol is this board really filled with such pansy beta's my life events are seen as being science fiction?? Like my shit wasn't even that crazy or over the top, It's that hard to believe men like your grandpa still exists and MEN not lil girls still walk the earth? lol or is it the children visiting this board from during snowflake academies summer break??? I understand the generations behind me are exponentially growing into nodick fags, but is it really that hard to believe not everyone is a passive aggressive coward like your self? lol fuckin kids these days are such fuckin pussies!

I fucking hate this picture, and you.

That will work...That's "knife fighting" 101 my man!

Slashing is much more effective then stabbing, as bleeding your opponent out should be your objective unless you are proficient enough to get a surgical stabs in... slicing someone across the gut makes them lose the ability to fight as they will be holding their entrails in!!!!

Here endeth the lesson

To help you unwind after your jelly donut and introduction on how to kill people with knives here is an episode of the magic roundabout to help you forget the images of rossanne bar

See I do love you children. I love you all. Don't pull knives out for show or as a warning/threat. This will end badly. If you need to kill someone with a knife then do it and do it right and quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=2zCGjSoZzkY

>Slashing is much more effective then stabbing

WRONG.

>Lol is this board really filled with such pansy beta's my life events are seen as being science fiction?? Like my shit wasn't even that crazy or over the top, It's that hard to believe men like your grandpa still exists and MEN not lil girls still walk the earth? lol or is it the children visiting this board from during snowflake academies summer break??? I understand the generations behind me are exponentially growing into nodick fags, but is it really that hard to believe not everyone is a passive aggressive coward like your self? lol fuckin kids these days are such fuckin pussies!

Attached: arrowbrain2.jpg (500x1032, 121K)

your conclusions are not supported by the survival statistics of knife attacks
even attacks with a gun are less fatal than you imagine

So I've taught historical dagger and I've been taught modern knife.

The icepick grip makes sense if you're concerned with two things: grappling and an armored (vest, cuirass) opponent. For grappling ice pick is good for retention and you can also use it to apply leverage on the other guy's limbs, neck etc. For armor the icepick grip makes more snes because, unlike movies and video games, generally knives aren't going to slice through a plate carrier or plate so you need to attack the vulnerable areas (which is another reason why grappling and dagger/knife go hand in hand) like the neck and pits.

Have you killed people with a knife?

Yeah man I know what you mean. I got on this wild ass firefight with a squirrel just the othet day. He was standing there on his tree and I smoked him with a 308. Thats a firefight, right you stupid faggot?

No. It's very unlikely that in any question in which you're wearing a plate carrier that you would need to. But historically dagger fighting techniques (at least in the manuals I've seen) seem to be based on you and your opponent wearing cuirass or gsmbeson so a grip that allows you to work for a position to stab into the vulnerable areas of those armors makes sense.

In the modern context where you're not likely to run into a random urban youth rolling through the hood with his gambeson, chain, or cuirass on the "orthodox" grip makes more sense because of the added range.

>rather enter and clear a fortified house by myself without grenades than get in a knife fight.
I misread this as "clear my house by myself without grenades" and got really confused

Attached: autism.jpg (502x417, 14K)