I've been watching a bunch of stolen valor videos...

I've been watching a bunch of stolen valor videos, and in at least half of them the accuser shouts "I HAD FRIENDS DIE WEARING THAT UNIFORM!"

I thought virtually no infantry dudes ever saw combat, and the ones who did just suppressed fire while rounds hit the dirt within a hundred yards of them. Is that accurate?

Attached: IMG_9395.jpg (480x360, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2000/WORLD/meast/10/30/iraq.un.euro.reut/
youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls
desuarchive.org/his/thread/3852937/#3853027
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much, there was "the call of duty experience" to be had, but odds of it happening to you were low.

Yes. Infantry are merely bait. Most combat is actually dealt with artillery and the Air Force launching heavy ordinance from the sky.

>american training

>get discharged from US Army during bct
>purchase patches and ocp's over internet after I get home
>Get free ice creams from fast food joints
>Not get kicked off a high school campus during school hours trying to pick up honies

Attached: forsenPls.gif (112x112, 194K)

We don't get shot at.
We get blown up with bubba'd IED's while in convoy.
Dead is still dead.

Milfags reeing about poorly uniformed civfags are just as autistic and cringe as the poorly uniformed civfags that are out for gibs

The one in OP's pic is my favorite. It Always makes me laugh.

you're more likely to die as a taxi driver

Sadly, Its a insurgent's war. Not like Vietnam, not like Algeria. It's a war of explosives made from dirt compressed and filtered into P-Nitrate with coals and boiled water, or a combat rifle round piercing Kevlar vest or helmet, of a guy told to stand around to collect reports.

No wire defense, just mortar rounds. No professional army, just youth seeking blood and a cause to shoot at. For insurgents, some, it's how they spend their couple years playing after college. For more, it's how they make a living without it involving sheep or drugs.

Zomia and the middle east was the perfect place for a perpetual war.

Don Shipley has gone too far.

Well, to play devil's advocate, I had a friend and three other squadron mates die in uniform. It was a non-combat flight accident in a cargo aircraft, but it's still a true statement.

Not saying these faggots are always being honest, but they may not literally mean they went out in a firefight.

I like to wear fleck or peadot 44 cause wehraboo, and one guy asked me if I was in the military once. I said "no" and he said he used to be in the army. That's all I've ever heard of it. Most military dudes see you wearing that shit and either wanna talk shop or leave you alone.

Wasn't Infantry personally, was a Cav Scout.

Nonetheless knew 11 guys that died on our tour.

>inb4 trolls

Rest in Peace Gents.

Attached: 100_0029.jpg (2848x2134, 1022K)

Sorry to hear that man. Glad you're okay.

Attached: G.I..jpg (400x360, 29K)

>I thought virtually no infantry dudes ever saw combat, and the ones who did just suppressed fire while rounds hit the dirt within a hundred yards of them. Is that accurate?

In my experience that line is typically just a thing that POGs and neverserveds try to perpetuate out of jealousy of those who have actually been in the shit. If someone was a grunt deployed to Iraq between 2003-07, or Afghanistan between 2009-11, then the chances pretty good that they saw legitimate combat, more than just IEDs and guys spraying an ak from 600 meters away. Pic related from my second deployment. That is a round impacting right in front of my buddy's leg. The Taliban initiated the ambush with two RPG rounds shot into our patrol from the treeline across the field before opening up on us with automatic fire.

Countless times I took fire that was very close, within a few feet of me. When the bullets are within a foot or two from hitting you, you can actually feel the air distortion as the bullet passes, it's a pretty surreal feeling, especially when you are laying face up in a ditch looking towards the sky and a burst whizzes about a foot over your face. I could feel each bullet pass by and time slowed down to a crawl, it seemed to me like there were 3-4 seconds between each round that passed and each time I was sure that the next bullet was gonna hit me. The entire moment probably lasted about a second or less but it felt like 20 seconds in my mind. Another instance i was taking cover behind a tree and firing around the side of it at an enemy that my team had flanked. I whiffed my shots and he sent some back at me. A couple bullets smacked into the tree about 6 inches to the left of my face and sprayed a bunch of bark into my face.

Now granted, it was still 99% boredom and frustration, and 1% fighting, but there was plenty of real fighting actually happening.

Attached: impact.jpg (1358x974, 134K)

Appreciate it user, sincerely.

11 year anniversary of me being wounded is approaching. Top on my mind, but I have developed a new life since, and began a career that is nearling as fulfilling.

Nonetheless, thanks.

Attached: 100_5648.jpg (1632x1232, 378K)

Sorry to be that guy, but they literally died for Israel and did nothing to secure your average Americans constitutional rights by invading some third world shit hole in the other side of the planet

OIF 06-07 here, Mosul.

Attached: COP Tampa, destroyed in 2007.jpg (2832x2128, 977K)

>2003-2007

Iraq was hot well into 2009 in a lot of places. Old Tripfag from here did Ramadi or Mosul in 2006 (can't remember) and then did Sadr City in 08/09. Said it was like nothing he ever saw before. Said his company came back like half empty from injuries, WIA, and KIA.

Im confused. No one said anything about patriotism, idk why this point had to be brought up

Many people wouldn't have made it to 10y anniversary with depression or PTSD and all that, good work user. Keep on keeping on. pic unrelated
F

Attached: czech em.jpg (472x472, 42K)

Jow Forums pls
pls

Jow Forumstards gotta shitpost no matter what.

>but they literally died for Israel

How has Israel meaningfully benefitted from recent U.S. conflicts?

Israel is weaker presently since 9/11 than they were before. Spouting bullshit doesn't make it true, hope you lost Jow Forumsfags realize that at some point.

t. Jewish combat wounded veteran that has done more than any key-board commando.

Attached: IMG_0058.jpg (640x480, 167K)

I'd say at least half of the people I've seen in stolen valor videos are clearly mentally retarded to the point where holding them culpable for that kind of behaviour is like yelling at a child for playing dress-up.
Obviously some are malicious and trying to exploit the uniform for personal gain, but even with them I see it as sad more than anything else. A lot of the people calling them out seem very fucking high-strung too, like they're just waiting for an excuse to snap.

Attached: cool operator man.png (672x936, 791K)

For every dead American solider 100 natives die.
So quit whining pussy. At least you chose to get involved into war, you did not get a major super power invade your country and try to assasinate your leaders.

I was just a bit too young for Iraq unfortunately. My squad/team leaders were all Ramadi/Fallujah vets and the stories they told made us all seriously envious. I did two tours to Helmand, first deployment to Nowzad in 2008-09 and the second to Sangin in 2010-11.

You have a point, the Army was still kicking ass in Iraq into 2008/09. My Muhreen bias is showing. The USMC were transitioning away from Iraq and the few units who went there during those years didn't see much action at all.

Attached: DSCF0555_1.jpg (1600x1200, 694K)

The friend that they're referring to died in events completely unrelated to the military, and in fact died in a /gq/-related autoerotic asphyxiation incident.

This.

Most of these videos are Soldiers/Marines going ape over SUHM WON DISRESPEKT MUH UNIFERM because it's how they define themselves completely.

>t. Jewish combat wounded veteran

You forgot to mention holocaust and 6 million. Are you a 4th generation holocaust survivor?
Did your grandpappy receive shekels for the rest of his life from holocaust fund?

You that Jewish vet who was in that "what if Anne Frank got pregnant" thread on /his/ back in July?

Attached: anne_frank_by_xthepurplehairx-d4moz98.jpg (900x884, 54K)

They deserved it

>Sorry to be that guy
No you aren't. If you were sorry to be that guy, you wouldn't be that guy.

Just tell me a way to thank you and your people for the lovely work you have been doing with Israeli government organisations helping illegal migrants reach Europe safely.

How has the *US* benefited from our recent conflicts? Growing up, I barely thought about troops over seas. Literally no one gave a shit that you were invading some hell hole and putting bullets in kids.

You shot at some goat farmers. Good job

You didn't stop imperial Japan or Nazi germany. Ww2 vets are the last generation of war fighters worthy of respect.

You're efforts won't be remembered in 20 years. All you have is memories of you and other dudes still stuck in high school playing with guns.

You know what marine involvement is like now? I was thinking of enlisting this fall, but i want to see combat. I need the experience to do shit

With Iraq we prevented the currency used to buy oil changing from the dollar to the euro, keeping our currency and economy temporarily afloat

I could care less about Stolen Valor faggotry desu. 90% of the time, it's guys with legit mental disorders so I don't bother trying to correct their behavior.

t. Desert Storm vet

>Nonetheless knew 11 guys that died on our tour.

Holy fuck, and I thought I had it bad. I was stationed at the Dhahran Barracks when it was hit by a Scud. Was just getting to know a bunch of the guys who were killed there. Nearly got killed myself.

Attached: AlHussein-Strike.jpg (2870x1900, 2.02M)

>How has Israel meaningfully benefitted from recent U.S. conflicts?
Not him, but how does Israel not benefit from having its adversarial neighbors get thumped?

Attached: 1528677768190s.jpg (101x125, 2K)

>taking cover behind a tree
>cover
>tree
You mean concealment

Depends on the tree and what you're getting shot at with, plenty of them can be imperfect or soft cover. Also thats clearly a colloquialism.

i'd just reply Israel did 9/11 nd dying in Iraq for greed is the most patriotic thing a goyim can do for his masters. Gal Gadot is the most beautiful women this century I love tahini mazaltoff.

Didn’t the Iran Iraq war already destroy Iraq’s fighting capability? Seems a bit far fetched to say they needed us to help, considering the shit the Israelis have pulled against the Arabs in the past

Knew some very good Marines, a high-school friend of mine was killed in Helmand.

>You forgot to mention holocaust and 6 million

No that is a Jow Forumsline. Actual jews aren't as obsessive about judiasim as most Jow Forumsfags.

Honestly think most of you are incapable of a single thought not involving Jews, please prove me wrong.

Cite your argument.

Have you actually paid attention to recent developments?

>HezB has gained not only experience, but advanced weapons
>IRGC now has a direct land corridor to Lebabnon

I could go on and on, Israel has had no benefit from our recent shitshow overseas.

Prove me to me otherwise.

Attached: IMG_0070.jpg (640x480, 175K)

Ahh so Jewish bankers could keep their phony paper money on top. Nice

cnn.com/2000/WORLD/meast/10/30/iraq.un.euro.reut/
This is dated 2000, the eve of the invasion of iraq

Did you not read the entire post? The tree blocked at least two bullets from hitting me. That’s the textbook definition of cover you fucking retard.

Well you can’t really say it’s entirely jewish when the whole of the American economy and the majority of the world economy relies on the dollar being worth more than dirt.
It’s dishonest to say that it’s all jewish meddling when without Iraq, our currency would be debased completely and our way of life completely at stake. If only the media and government had been honest, but that’s expecting too much

>This is dated 2000, the eve of the invasion of iraq
You have proven your stupidity without any other party involved, congrats.

Wym? All it need was a spark, and 9/11 happened, and got the American people riled up. Then after about 3 years of bureaucratic shit and propaganda, we invade Iraq. I guess I was 3 years off with the “eve” statement, so you win the arguement

>when without Iraq, our currency would be debased completely and our way of life completely at stake.

Prove it kike

>No that is a Jow Forumsline. Actual jews aren't as obsessive about judiasim as most Jow Forumsfags.
There are Germans who were not even born until after WW2 that are paying reparations to Jews - many of whom were not born until after WW2. In order for your position to gain any legitimacy, you need to stop leaching off of people that have done nothing to you. WW2 is not truly over until the reparations end.

Attached: martin.schulz.png (500x352, 98K)

wannabe hunters are gay.

Nobody cares about people LARPing as GIs. Most E3s are broke AF, real GIs don't wear camo to the mall, and it isn't shitting on the flag if a sperglord gets a free cupcake while playing army man.

Most of these people are fat losers. Camo or Class A's won't change that.

These wannabe hunters are like the high school jock who got old and fat and are trying to relive their glory days.

Anybody in ACUs to go to the mall is either a hardcore boot or a fat loser. There is no inbetween.

What are you, a liberal?

>That’s the textbook definition of cover
Yes, friend. It is. Summerfags are upon us.

Attached: clowns_by_harrybuddhapalm-d148qgq.jpg (271x350, 33K)

I provided the link that shows in 2000 CNN reporting on the currency to buy oil in Iraq from the dollar to the euro. If more countries were to follow, like Saudi Arabia or something, the value of the dollar would’ve been ruined, destroying our economy. By invading Iraq, we effectively prevented it and other countries from changing the currency, keeping the currency stable and still based on oil sales. That’s why the world trades to heavily with us, the dollar is the only currency that can be used to buy oil from the Middle East “allies”

The USMC has not taken a combat fatality since 2014. Unless you go MARSOC you will have no hope of seeing combat short of a full scale invasion. Also, you need to be an e-4 before you can even try out for MARSOC. Which means at least 2 years, but more realistically 3-4 years. But if the stars align and you actually do get your invasion, you will become Living Legends in the Corps if you survive. All of the guys who served in the invasion years from 2001-04, especially those who were in the middle of the actual invasions, had a mystique about them that everyone else was envious of.

Was your friend a grunt? Do you know what unit he was there with?

Attached: SAM_0502_1.jpg (1536x864, 785K)

>I could go on and on, Israel has had no benefit from our recent shitshow overseas.
Project Babylon was dismantled.

Attached: clickclackmoo.jpg (1233x1600, 318K)

2000 was over 1,000 days from the actual reinvasion of Iraq.

Different user, but name calling is not an argument in itself.

What the fuck has that have to do with Jow Forums?
Are you lost?

Eat shit lost Jow Forumsfags, I did what you assholes only fantasize about, actually fought for what I believed in.

Attached: IMG_0159.jpg (640x480, 102K)

Okay yeah, 1000 days is a lot. But In the history of the conflict, it’s not a lot

Oh look, its the retard with the autistic "yOuR bUdDiEs DiEd FoR iSrAeL" spiel. Hello retard, looks like you did a good job of slipping your handlers.

I may have to wait, but I’m gonna do the 6 year contract. I wanna see conflict, I have to for any future activity I’ll need tot take

Yeah, it is.

Stepping back your original claim doesn;t change that.

Fuck off enlisted trash. You fought for Jews, bankers and politicians. Nothing noble.

Just admit that and I'll let you have your operator fantasies mr badass

>t. Jewish combat wounded veteran

You a practicing Jew or just ethnically Jewish?

Not sure what faggots you're taking about. I was in gunfights every fucking day all summer long until Ramadan hit.
>In4 thx for ur cervix

Were you in that "what if Anne Frank got pregnant" thread on /his/ back in January?

I swear I remember you photo.

Attached: 1489743887000.jpg (687x1117, 658K)

Notice how whenever someone mentions Israel leeching off America there is a Jew around to defend it?

What are the odds? These coincidences keep happening. You could bash some small European country all week before coming across one of it's members

Alright fine, you win

What have you ever fought for?

You so called patrician, looking down on enlisted?

I don't practice, but I recognize it as part of who I am.

No, you have tunnel vision.

Attached: IMG_0025.jpg (640x480, 89K)

I signed up to kill arabs and steal gold and launder money, tried to get into seal team 6 wanted in on that money laundering scheme in Africa, found some gold in the desert in Iraq had some friends who fly ac130s air drop that shit to some other friends in Kuwait now I live in a mansion off the money I made shipping heroin from afganistan in the offins of dead marines.

lifes been pretty good to me so far

youtube.com/watch?v=BXWvKDSwvls

jews did nothing wrong murdering muslims and taking their money raping their women is the only way to secure our gun rights here in America, we need to kill more of those who oppose my guns rights though so I can import some more drugs and shit later.

But there’s only one jew doing it here, and I think maybe two three guys from pol. You have the numbers advantage

None of these faggots would fight in a real bloody war like fighting for Assad in Syria because then the death rate would be higher than 0.1%

honestly fucking Greece they won't pay debts, foods good though so all is forgiven.

You’re actual human scum. Watch yourself

Yes, post 9/11 vets are the loudest cringiest faggots to ever come about. They're pathetic.

And you know that they are from pol how? This guy admitted to being Israeli veteran while you just assume things about me.

I mean, usually the ones who throw the whole jidf thing around are from pol. You might not be, I’m just assuming

I watch myself in the mirror jerking off with my colt m16

Attached: pix882253032.jpg (640x460, 49K)

Usually. And you know that how? I have not seen anyone mention JIDF

If your #1 priority is seeing combat with a uniformed force, and you don't give a shit about anything else, the French Foreign Legion is worth serious consideration these days. The fight in the Middle East is rapidly shifting to Africa and quite a few former French colonies. Mali and Niger are heating up and catching the remnants of ISIS. Djibouti borders Somalia where Al-Shabaab has been allowed to grow nearly unimpeded in the past 15 years. Djibouti also has prime real estate along one of the most busy shipping corridors in the world. The FFL was recently had it's gear modernized and is undergoing a recruiting surge. All signs point to some good fighting to be had for legionnaires in the coming years.

Attached: 64312066-EB16-4544-A6C7-7EB1724676F4.jpg (533x400, 34K)

I mean, it’s implied when (I think it was) you mentioned how there’s always a Jew to defend it.
Stop being a fag

>Ww2 vets are the last generation of war fighters worthy of respect.
tfw no Korean War
tfw no Vietnam War
tfw none of the numerous, smaller involvements that happened post-1945
Psuedo-historian fuck off.

Attached: 1.jpg (403x448, 64K)

>tfw am 1/4th Jewish

Never considered myself anything except a Christian though. You practice(d) anything?

Attached: Hugh Thompson.jpg (2000x1331, 568K)

But i was right.

>Its da joos!!!!

I mean I guess. We do have a fat ass jewish population though, so there’s that to consider

true

>What the fuck has that have to do with Jow Forums?
Are you lost?
You raised the subject. Actual text follows. You people need to drop the oppression act. The war is long over. As long as you keep raising the subject, the subject will be raised. How do you not understand this?
>No that is a Jow Forumsline. Actual jews aren't as obsessive about judiasim as most Jow Forumsfags.
The easy way for it to be forgotten is for you to stop blaming people that were not even born yet and quit raising the subject.

Attached: why.jpg (186x199, 13K)

Yes those Koreans and Vietnamese peasants were on americas door step.

Get real man. No military force has seriously threatened the United States since WW2. Only one was the Soviet Union itself during the Cold War but that never even turned hot so it's irrelevant.

Certainly no actual threats came from where the conflicts after WW2 took place.

>are from pol
Define "from Jow Forums".

Attached: behan.jpg (900x507, 66K)

They frequent the politically incorrect board

>No, you have tunnel vision.

You sure this ain't you?

desuarchive.org/his/thread/3852937/#3853027

So you are implying that we must be threatened before a cause can be considered just?

What have you meaningfully done to set yourself apart?

>You practice(d) anything?

Small arms and LMGs

Are you lost? I actually served, and used weapons in real life

> You people need to drop the oppression act
Point out one time I brought that up, please.... Or are you just spouting off the same shit you have said before, without any effort to substantiate your opinion?

Attached: IMG_0086.jpg (640x480, 78K)

>so there’s that to consider
Consider what - that fat asses in general gravitate to Jow Forums? I would tend to agree. Did I misunderstand?

Attached: fat.jpg (1280x1024, 200K)

Oh shit. So the legion, do they provide any benefits like our military does? I’ve been tempted for a while to join up with them

I haven't seen anyone killed in action, but I've had friends on watch eat their pistols or shoot themselves in the chest with their rifles. I still don't understand why all these years later.

Attached: 1458350824610.png (754x554, 290K)

Hello newfriend