Good backup pistols?

Good backup pistols?

Carry a VP9SK atm appendix

Attached: D7C_6077.jpg (718x470, 59K)

.357 magnum or something bigger.

Or a Kel Tec PMR30.
You get 30 rounds of 22wmr in case your primary doesn’t work.

If you really feel you need a backup gun then I think whatever you buy ought to double as your only gun in circumstances where you can't carry normally, i.e. something you can throw in the pocket of your shorts when it's hot as balls out and you can't wear a cover garment. So, something itty bitty, potentially smaller than a J-frame, like a .25 ACP or an NAA mini-revolver.

>backup pistols?
Are you LEO or something? I CC a G26

Cz 2075 RAMI

Full size 1911, got it

I don't like any auto smaller than a G26, so J-Frame for me

Attached: 20170918_172915-2993x3991.jpg (2993x3991, 1.78M)

>carrying a .22
I hope someone rapes you while you try defending yourself with that.

.22wmr you dumbfuck, I hope they try.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.21M)

> Double stack 9mm
> Backup
What's your primary, a Redhawk in .44 mag?

SEXY
I think he means the sk is his primary
Something double action with simple controls. I like the idea of having a smol 380 or 9 I can give to a friend if shit goes down

What's a backup pistol? Like a truck gun or something?

Attached: ppk-p64-right.jpg (900x698, 51K)

Another magazine for the HK instead of a lel-kek. The LCP2 is a decent choice. I can wear one of those and forget about it.

not much of an improvement, besides PMRs jam more than Shmucker's.

Been thinking about this a bit lately. Kinda came to it in a round about fashion. Was thinking about an IWB mid sized fixed blade knife for a backup and utility tool, but the more i thought about it the more i realized how stupid the idea was. Who the fuck whips out a 4 inch iwb knife to open a box or lever something? knives suck for fighting, even as get off me weapons, if you're grappling or in a clinch there's more than even odds that you might lose the thing, particularly if there's such a force disparity that employing it was a valid legal choice in the first place. A pocket knife and a small backup gun seems like a much better solution. To decide what kind of backup gun made sense for me i then started to ponder what situations I'd "probably" use it in. All i could come up with was:
>main gun cant be reached due to grappling/inna clinch, fighting over said gun, it somehow being lost, or possibly because the backup gun is much easier to draw in your given position
>malfunction that cant be cleared in the situation in question
>ran out of ammo with main firearm(extremely unlikely)
This made the decision pretty obvious in my mind. Capacity is not much of a concern, being able to be fired multiple times from an atypical positions(from a pocket, hard contact, or while firearm is being struggled over) is a huge benefit, reliability and resistance to user/ammo induced failure is a slightly bigger concern than normal as this is essentially a dedicated bad breath distance tool.

When it comes to a primary micro carry gun I personally prefer .380s because they fit a jean pocket better and are a little easier to shoot at distance(ime), but if we're talking a backup gun to supplement a primary carry firearm then there's no better tool for the job then a tiny .38 revolver.

Attached: edc.png (1327x746, 1.37M)

I too enjoy carrying flashbangs

A 442 or 642 Smith would be a great backup choice. .38 special is a fairly acceptable self defense round and being able to let off 5 rounds when in a clinch is an advantage revolvers have over semi automatics

S&W 500
But go with the short barrel

I absolutely despise these handguns.

Attached: 08b89ccbbb0e02e4b1cfaf8b4095c53a1415d93aae7ca80f896e43f5d15500f8.jpg (250x300, 13K)

That's sad. It's about as good as you can do for a pocket gun, all things considered

I do not know why people like .357 Mag in those little lightweight snubs

J-Frames are good, but not in .357

Attached: p2kskfish.png (725x608, 537K)

This
LC9 is great
Get the 9 round mags if you can
I prefer the older model without the trigger safety

I like it because .357 even out of the short barrel will perform better than my 9mm with a 4" barrel, but also the concussion it puts out is ridiculous. I imagine someone on the other end of it would be seriously disoriented for a second or two, which could be a big advantage. Not really worried about maximum speed of follow-up shots at the distance it would be employed. Also not worried about the noise because I practice covering both ears when I draw it; one with a vertical elbow shield and the other with my shoulder

This here is my fishing gun.

If Leo's give me a hard time about it I won't miss it for a couple of days.

My state I can OC while fishing. Leos don't like this. Tell me to CC instead cause it scares people. Too bad. If CC WAS free. I'd totally get one. But the classes plus licenses are too expensive in my opinion.

Forgot pic.

Attached: IMAG1413-3991x2993.jpg (3991x2993, 2.54M)

OP here. These kind of comments are just great in their own right and thanks for the explication.

To the guy that asked if I'm involved in anything LEO related, definitely not by a million light years (engineer), but this person's explanation is why I'm considering it.

CCW becomes an entire lifestyle change and it really requires a huge amount of deliberated planning and life/money/legal investment to simply protect yourself from people who wouldn't think twice about pulling a trigger and it's a shame.

You just don't know when a bad apple is going to cause problems and one should have a plan B if plan A is out of the question.

I'd prefer an orbital laser cannon in GEO but it's a little out of budget.

It's my primary. Apologies on any confusion.

>357mag or bigger
>357 is .002" bigger than 9mm
Why?