What do you goys think about the Sig P229 as a carry weapon?

What do you goys think about the Sig P229 as a carry weapon?

Attached: M11-A1.jpg (1920x1493, 253K)

/qtddtot/

Modern sigs are not very good.

Glock, cz, or beretta.

>/niggerposter/

>3 levers
for what purpose?

>not very good
why is that?

Safety, slide lock, take-down.

it's not a safety you fucking idiot

it's a decocker

>starting a new thread when theres already one for questions and /hg/

wow

High bore axis, heavy, expensive, not really particularly good in any area
Perfectly serviceable though.

like your mum's vag, you daft tard

since Glocks exist i don't think about Sigs at all.

>glocks are the best meme
I bet you drink coke too

OP, don't listen to the nogunz band of faggots known as Jow Forums.

There is literally nothing wrong with American-made Sigs. They are some of the best guns in the world. The only question is if you like DA/SA guns or not. I personally do, but some people don't, and I can understand that.

Atrocious qc and sig's finishes were never great, but they've gotten worse too.

Attached: exetershit.jpg (522x370, 77K)

It's not bad.
I carried a Sig for a few years.
No complaints.

I think Sig USA is getting back to basics and away from the BS Rainbow Flag Blackwater Scorpion stuff and just making sigs again.

If you want it, get it and practice on it. I just carry a Glock now because I am lazy.

I'd just get it in 9mm tho

I tried carrying a M11-A1 for a little bit. I went back to the G19. It didn't do anything better but look cooler. I will say the SRT trigger was really nice.

If Dr. Pepper shot me in the head when I dropped a bottle, I'd stick to coke too.

>dropping loaded firearms
What about that meme where the glock exploded?

just get and arex if you want to go that way

You Will shoot your eye out

T H I C C
I love mine but I can’t carry it comfortably. OWB under a shirt is about it.

you don't have the compact?

I own and carry one in .40 as my winter carry. Miami classic 2 shoulder rig. The problems I have with it are that is is too bulky for regular all season EDC, (it’s just a 226 with length deformity) and that it is not the ‘silky speshul gun’ out of the box. You need a trigger job on it to be consistent. Also it sucks in everything but 9mm. So If you want to go this way, either get an AREX, or a P229 in .357 SIG and aftermarket grips

I love pics without any fucking context. For all I know guy kept that gun in a decomposing vagina for 2 years

It's a sexy gun but I thought the grips were a little too wide for the capacity. It wasn't too big for me, I like full size .45's, it just seemed thick in the wrong places. Plus I don't like how the decocker is where the slide lock should be and the slide lock is where the decocker/safety should be. How come other guns can use the slide lock as the takedown lever but sig needs two separate controls? I'm going to buy one anyway someday, but it aint at the top of the list.

West German only, user

West German only

I unironically will not carry a hammer-fired pistol with a safety/slidelock/exposed hammer for CC unless it's a revolver. For open carry I would carry a P229, but I CC only.

It's double/single with no safety. slidelock/hammer shouldn't matter with cc since it's a heavy trigger and you're not gonna be carrying with your slide locked back

The 229 IS the compact. The problem is that it is wide as fuck.