/meg/ Military Enlistment General

Previous: Canadian Armed Forces Edition

LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: O Canada.png (1660x854, 84K)

first for 11b

/zog enlistment General/

I'm too high for this shit.
Goals in life: Make and sell polished petrified hand guards and stocks made out of pumpkins and quick2petrify formula. I want poca dotted cartridges

4th for crayola

Seconded.

sixth for coast guard being best branch

Attached: 1527002415158.jpg (600x847, 98K)

is it true that air national guard is the way to go to become a pilot?

You get to choose your air frame which could be a good thing or a bad thing. If I remember correctly, it's also significantly more difficult to get into, assuming you go the OCS route. Also if you're in New York and want to fly heavies, you'll get to fly resupply missions to Antarctica.

Attached: 1519366003928.png (1000x998, 732K)

>unironically thinking an entire race can think as one entity
>unironically believing in the bait we set 10 years ago to attract nazis
>unironically believing an old Jow Forums troll

Attached: your_card.png (512x512, 102K)

Yes if you have a lot of connections with current officers of that Guard unit or if you're just really really good at schmoozing. If it's a fighter unit you're going to be competing with former WSO's, regional airline pilots with 2000+ hours, and Super Chads with 4.5 GPAs and perfect test scores.

Hey 350F user, why do people get the language option on their contract for 35M instead of taking the 3 year without it again?

>

Bump

Attached: 1528925372817.jpg (540x495, 22K)

What are good MOS' for getting neat-o 3 letter jobs in the future? >130GT qualified for every starting MOS
Any personal reccomendations? Just don't want to do anything boring or super repetitive. Would like to deploy and do some high speed shit as a young man in good shape with bloodlust for terrorists.. but after 20 years move on white collar fat checks civ/fed work

What was your ST score?

Shipping out to leonard wood 7/24 for 12N. Can anybody tell me what to expect besides what's on the goarmy website?

You'll probably find yourself vertically challenged by the end.

What did he mean by this

>Horizontal Construction Engineer (12N)
Do ya get it

What's the quickest way to get an article 15?

Engage in homo sex in front of your co

Shipping to navy rtc next month. What's A school for AT/AE like? How about the shore/sea duty rotation? Would it be dumb to have my family bring me my desktop PC to bootcamp graduation?
If I can't bring my PC, I'm gonna get a laptop this month and have it set up for my senpai to bring to me after bootcamp.

>senpai
Oops. Meant to post senpai(ilia)

Can someone tell me that going 03 is an incredibly stupid idea, especially now that we aren't fighting in a war?

going 03 is an incredibly stupid idea, especially now that we aren't fighting in a war.

Why are there so many of us on Jow Forums and why do we have the best advice?

Salute your CSM, then say "Sorry, sir. I didn't realize we were indoors." Continue to call him "sir" and talk to him in a modified position of attention with your hands in both pockets. If this isn't enough, call him a faggot as well.

Not him, but I recently graduated DLI so I might have some idea. The Army in the process of making 35M a language dependent MOS just like 35P. Currently (or soon, not sure), if you don't have a language as a 35M, you won't be able to reinlist in that MOS. So they want you to go to DLI.
And if you don't have DLI in your contract and end up going anyway after you finish AIT, you'll have to extend your contract. That is probably why they're pushing 35M contracts that include DLI now.

Its sort of difficult to hit E5 as a 35M, so dudes end up extending their contracts to go to DLI in order to get more promotion points and better unit destinations.

Should I go 11b?

Depends on what you wanna do. 35N for sure gets you into NSA, since you literally would work in an NSA office at least once during your career. 35M with a language would be good for CIA if you have a degree.

Tell a higher up to fuck off.

go 03xx and learn to shoot guns good and have access to sweet ranges.

You know whats funny, that rumor has been going around since 2007. That all 35M will eventually be language dependant. Still hasnt happened. I think that rumor was started to push dudes sitting around at the motor pool into becoming useful.

Yea, if you wanna break every chair you ever sit in for the rest of your life with your massive nuts of steel, and rip vaginas in half with your 3 ft cock that is.

Also if you're a tranny with a feminine penis.

Do it

>enlisted army intel guy
If I commissioned into aviation or combat arms in the guard after my active duty time, what are the chances my unit would let me maintain my TS?

Yeah why not? I'm making 10k a month playing in the sand after 3 years in as 11B in the 82nd. What's the point of joining the military to do a civilian pog ass job for no money? Do a military job in the military for no money.

As long as your active it stays active until it expires, which is now 6 years total. If you go aviation youre gonna have a TS anyways. Combat...its gonna be downgraded to a secret at minimum when the TS expires.

if you really want to get a lot out of the infantry, get Jow Forums and get a rasp slot. most infantrymen these days are busy sweeping rocks and mopping grass. if you just want bennies and a good opportunity to save up money then go for regular or airborne infantry.

Are you an AT or an AE? I doubt there's a mass designator that assigns you like there is for AECF rates.
If your A school is in Great Lakes, yeah it can be a decent idea. If it's somewhere else that's a fucking stupid plan. You're probably going down south on a guess, because most of our aviation shit is based in Florida

>depends on what you want to do
Well that's what I can't figure out. It seems the nature of 35M/N keeps the public from knowing a whole lot about what the specialties entail. The people in my recruiting office have pushed me towards 18X,13F with intent to go 18X later, and 15W simply because I was insistent on being able to shoot and play a direct role, but I'm a reasonable man with family goals who would simply just wants to end up in a 3 letter doing... whatever they do. (I live in the D.C. area and know one thing for sure, the people in Langley make SERIOUS $)

For FBI, 31D is a good choice
For NSA, 35N
For NGA, 35G
35M like the other guy said for CIA
35L is good for interrogations
35T is good for anything technical in these organizations
35F is a good all around one intelligence
If the 350F comes in and corrects me, his word is law.

>langley makes serious money
Not in the beginning bro, they make like 60-70. Thats your basic GS9 mid level dude.

> It seems the nature of 35M/N keeps the public from knowing a whole lot about what the specialties entail
What you mean by this? That you cant find info on it, or that you think they hide info from the public in some way?

Ill say this, in the military you may not end up in a direct role in things, but if your goal is agency you probably wont either if you choose a job that keeps you in country at home.

But what interest do you have? How long do you plan to stay in mil before moving on? What degree you plan to get if you dont have one already?

Excuse the phone fagging and lack of proof reading

350F here

You got that pretty much correct at a generic perspective. There are more agencies than the main 3 or 5 for alot of these jobs. But thats a pretty good idea of where those would work out best in the main ones.

Also this was me too

Thanks man. You know if any of those provide better promotion opportunities? I don't want to be that rank chasing faggot or anything again just outgoing and trying to keep a lady who spends too much happy.

Not him but All of them are good for promotions, except for 35M which has a bit of competition, but not 11b level of competition.

nevermind I actually checked on this one, you're probably signed on for AV and you'll get told which one you are at Pensacola where your A school is.
So yeah, don't have them bring it.

Hey 350F user, I want to go reserves as an intelligence analyst to get work experience to work in the intelligence field, I already have a degree in international relations with a 3.4gpa, but my work exp is in law, which was my previous career focus. Should I go enlisted as a 35F or officer? Im in VA so there are plenty of places I could work at, I know youre in the area too, do you have any recommendations?

Will I get smoked for singing soviet and german marching songs in basic?

Attached: freereal.jpg (850x1432, 122K)

>not in the beginning
I'd be happy with 60-70. Just looking for a job in service to my country that pays.

>what do you mean
Well with most MOS',a little time on Google/YouTube and I feel I can get a pretty good understanding of what the profession involves. The 35 series on the other hand seems intentionally vague as if to prevent our enemies from studying and/or replicating our tactics.

>what interests
Hunting, rock climbing, kayaking.. I'll cut the list short and say exercise outdoors. Im good with technology. I enjoy learning about other cultures, not because I like them, rather I find it fun to study our enemies and history in my free time to get a better sense of what we're dealing with and how to kill them... uhh... I used to do Muay Thai and sperg out in video games lol ? Idk 350 bro I wake up every day wanting to fuck up terrorists for a living, as long as I'm doing my part I'll be happy I'm sure
>what degree
I did two years of community college out and dropped out because I hated it and wanted to enlist or get IT cert, still have a fair number of credits though. I was just doing general studies at the time going for business but I'd prefer a degree actually useful for a gov job.

Thanks again.

Getting my degree in natural science next year. Any particular branch where this degree will be useful

Go officer, if youre located in NOVA there are a few intelligence units that could probably take you. The reason to go officer is because on paper, being a reserves O1 intelligence officer will look better than being an E5 intelligence analyst any day of the week on your resume. Because when we adjust to scale, your rank and position is equivalent to an GS9, while that E5 is equivalent to a GS6. Plus the education will supplement your work experience(or work education in the field) when applying for work.

There are plenty of organizations to work for up in the DC area and NOVA. Quantico is always hiring intel dudes, on DoD side. Last I heard, DHS is hiring dudes at one of the business office building in the capitol. Then there are non conventional analyst positions at places like opm, loc, dss, ss, etc. Just gotta get lucky with the timing when you apply. Worst case you volunteer for some deployment time. Hell you might have the misfortune of working in my unit with my ass.

>If your A school is in Great Lakes, yeah it can be a decent idea
no
>How about the shore/sea duty rotation?
depends on your rate
>Would it be dumb to have my family bring me my desktop PC to bootcamp graduation?
very
>I'm gonna get a laptop this month and have it set up for my senpai to bring to me after bootcamp.
just fucking wait dude

>I'm making 10k a month
?

Alright, go 35M or 35N, which ever pops up first, otherwise take 35F as your final option. 35M with a language and degree would give you a shot at CIA. 35N 100% will give you an in for hiring priority at NSA, there is an actual transition program if you happen to be at an NSA office during your last year. 35F is good overall for finding a job anywhere in the civilian world. Basic 35F is an alright MOS in the army, but very desireable in the civilian world. Alternatively if you dedicate to an 7 year plan, you can go any of those intel jobs and reclass into 35L which is counter intel agent, and find work at DIA, DoD, CIA, NSA, FBI, etc. The requirement to go 35L is having BLC basic leader course complete(not too difficult to get) and be an E4 with 1.5 years time in rank to apply(also need to be 21 by the time you apply, if you happen to be underage). 35L do all kinds of cool shit.

If you get a degree, decide on which one once you get in the military and see what job area you want to end up in. I have a B.S. in business and information systems(wife wanted me to finish my education), and am planning to get my masters in intelligence studies, but not sure where yet. I got offered to go to the war college but I dont want to commute from NoVA where im already settled.

do you get to go any cool schools as an 0311 or do any cool shit at all

Just do something crazy different like army engineers.

My buddy graduated from citadel with that degree and went infantry officer, ranger, then retired as a helicopter pilot.

Skies the limit man.

Yeah doing the shit you keyboard kiddos fap to. Overseas contracting and sweating my ass off 7 days a week in 5.11 jeans and oakleys

>Yeah doing the shit you keyboard kiddos fap to
anime tiddies?

Talk to someone you think is a girl and use the wrong gender pronoun

PSD work?

About to graduate in computer science, still feel like enlisting
Any reasons not to?

Not really, but go reserves to get your military fix and work a normal job, or work for gov using vet preference.

I work in tech and go to school part-time for CS. The nagging feeling hasn't gone away and I'm swearing in in a couple weeks so take that as you want. Some parts of tech are fun but if you really have want to go in, you should go for it. I would look into going in as a 17A (cyber operations officer). They do some cool shit and it's a very hands-on job for officers. That or go 17C and put in a packet for 170A later if you want to go the warrant route. If you want to shoot stuff and use ya brain, looking into going 18x.

Go 0317 and live the dream, fampai. Unfortunately, I've got a permanent limp from an injury so I can't enlist and do it myself.

I should add, you need to go 0203 or 03** if you want to be a sniper.

They are actually going to open up 0317 as an entry-level MOS this year basically 18x style.

>have access to sweet ranges
you learn to hate the range, just find a good private range holy shit
you're stupid do it

what is "the dream" you speak of?

You hate range day? Your unit must suck. I love range day, we just have all the E1-4 clean up after us while we sit in the air conditioned bus.

>e1-e4 cleans up
yeah you're not a grunt.

Who said I was?

grunts hate the range because it sucks for them... pogs dont hate the range

Well, then sucks to suck I guess.

Why pick a job where you hate guns and shooting?

ok retard I'm telling this prospective grunt that you learn to hate the range and that the idiot saying "you have access to sweet ranges" is also retarded. >have access to sweet ranges
no, you don't. They're for training, not fun. Events allow for personal shooting sometimes. For an avid shooter, private is better.
I'd rather mr "am i dum for wanting to 03xx" knows that you don't get any special access to ranges and grunts learn to hate the Marine range. Going to a range of your choice is infinitely better.

Shooting at pop up target ranges and 700m ranges are fun user. What private range has pop up targets?

Trying to get running speed up now that I've got my distance down. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of doing 60/120s and 400m repeats on a local high school track. I also live in a really hilly area though so I may start doing hill sprints.

"lightpoles"
sprint lightpole, run (but not sprint) the next. repeat lots of times until happy with runtime.
obviously works with anything that repeats at set intervals.

shuttle sprints

>range day
try again sweetie. it's range week in the corps

Attached: 1516929465741.jpg (1756x2652, 711K)

Why would I try again? Seems if you go usmc and not pog, you hate shooting.

Why the fuck are you arguing about a range you don't understand? You idiot the marine corps doesn't even use pop up targets.

+1 for hill sprints - learn to accelerate up the entire hill and up through the top, then let the downhill carry you.
try doing 200m repeats with either 200m jog or 30s rest in between, focusing on accelerating throughout the repeat.
make sure your form is good.

im not in the marine corps retard. Follow the conversation before you start typing next time.

The conversation was about marine infantry ranges from the get go, quite clearly

Attached: 1526806011994.jpg (500x371, 41K)

Then it was about ranges in general and on pog range experiences and non pog range experience. I guess thats what happens when you lose brain cells from too much moto shit. You forget how to read.

You're a retart

Nice excuse for poor reading comprehension. Have a safe day buddy, make sure to look both ways before crossing the road. When you see a big hand flashing, that means caution when crossing.

Not the same guy ya big dum

Attached: 1527018348413m.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

Congratulations on not having the reading comprehension skills of other user then, I guess.

Thanks a ton, I assume I'll take one or two classes at a time going towards whatever degree I choose after enlisting. 35M looks like my preferred choice based on it appearing to involve direct action.. will they tell me what language to learn or should I start learning an in demand language now and bet on them letting me master it later?

Also, 35L greatly intrigues me. What MOS would best prepare me for it and which would fast track me to E4?

I know if you're in NOVA you have seen exactly what I'm talking about as far as retirement goals lol.

Haha, just hold up a second, I need to clarify that 35M isnt as highspeed as it says on paper. But you will at least be outside more so than the other intel dudes, especially if youre language qualified.

Ya they will tell you either the exact language or a list of 3 you might get.

35M is the precursor to 35L minus the investigative side of the job. Back in the day they used to push 35M into the MOS. But now its open to anyone.

Fast track to E4? Literally any job since its an automatic promotion. However, getting blc done and other training shit and doing soldier and promotion boards will help. You should focus more on fast tracking to E5 if anything, and that can be done by getting BLC done as fast as you can.

>retirement
Thats exactly why I am where I am. My civvy job is working for the army doing pretty much the exact same shit I do as my uniformed job. Its actually the reason why I went reserves in the first place.

I'm literally retarded and covered in student loan debt with no degree. Will the recruiter tell me to fuck off?

Nope. Join, defer loan, slowly pay it off.

I've hit my max deferment and going to default soon.

There is a thing called military service deferment. Youre covered bro. Go join.