The Line

name a game that gave you PSTD

Attached: IMG_4622.jpg (1680x1175, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lEy_bZe51aM
youtube.com/watch?v=wTww_p2KA1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Verdun

The Line was a garbage game that did nothing to engage the player. Pro-tip, if you want to make someone feel guilty, you have to offer actual choices rather than on-rails action that all leads to the same spot. It's just a bad mash-up between Apocalypse Now and Fight Club, and the worst it made anyone feel is bored.

DayZ mod.

Squad. I just try to survive combat. Idek what I’m shooting at half the time.

Name a gun that you own, faggot.

Game of Life

>game that gave you PSTD
Lol fgt
But I did have nightmares after playing both Metro 2033 and Red Orchestra 2 for the first time, and all day at that.
Not even remotely as disturbung but EFT makes my heart pound

S A L T Y
Mad you didn't realize those were civys eh user?

Mass Effect 3

Attached: 15803328_1892688017618049_4570800438030368768_n.jpg (480x454, 54K)

I own 2 tavors, a FAL, 3 ARs, 2 Glocks, a Beretta 92, a Ruger precision (6.5) , a tikka t3 (30-06) a spas 12 and a SVD repro.
Suck OPs ass you pleb.

Red orchestra 100%
Such a meat grinder, day of infamy is all right as well.

how do you get ptsd from a game?

Pics or it didn't happen.

>babbys first war commentary

7 years later and people are still pissed about it. I would be too if I had any sort of investment in the series...got half way through ME 1 and stopped. I made the bad choice of playing as an infiltrator and realized I hated it too much and then couldn't go on anymore. I did choose Kaiden over Ashley though. Not gay, just thought he was a better person.

Never
Not
Be
Mad

Not him but it was broadcast way in advance. The game had no legitimate surprises.

This. Crawled for 3 hours in real time found a can of soup and was promptly gunned down by a bandit right after. Immediatley uninstalled.

Attached: rgb.jpg (300x215, 5K)

Doom, as a kid I played the shit out of it growing up starting at age 3.
>playing doom on the pc for hours
>end up going to sleep seeing doom in my pre dreams
>wake up and play doom
>close eyes and see doom
Fucking fun as fuck as a kid but when I started thinking about invisible pinkies that shit gave me goosebumps as a kid

nice vagina

Go back and play it. The game play gets better in the later games. You can also change your class in every game.

So much this.

>pstd

God damn I'm going to sound like a faggot...
"Doki Doki" fucked with me pretty hard.

None of them? Like one guy said though, the DayZ mod back at its peak was terrifying just because of how helpless it made you feel. Plus the firefights would only happen maybe once every hour or so each one always felt like a surprise to be sure and not a welcome one.

By being a massive pussy.

The first 20 minutes of battlefield 1

Factorio. More "insanity" than PTSD. Woke up from a nightmare that my oil deposits were under siege and the Jow Forums train wouldn't make it in time.

PTSD, no, but the old thing thing flashes are probably 10% of why I'm so fucked in the head. Played them a lot as a kid.

The closest I've gotten was the incredible paranoia and anxiety of transporting valuable goods in dangerous areas playing EVE Online.

And being outbid on Exotic Dancer contracts.

Persona 4 Golden. I was literally so sad when I finished that game and realized I was leaving Inaba and the (virtual) friends I'd made there behind that I walked around in a sad fog for months afterward.

Red orchestra 2 before they got rid of the death screams.

The Evil Within. The first one.

It was a good game, but it made me realize that I'm not a survival horror fan. I'm a sucker for games that get good reviews and I've played other SH games. However, when I got to TEW, shit got too tense at times.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (295x336, 21K)

>I made the bad choice of playing as an infiltrator
That's because you don't know how to play the class. With the class ability you can have the highest DPS build in the game.

The Line has been hyped as fuck by normies who never really played a dark game, that’s it.

The sounds emitted by pic related have always made me feel uneasy, even after 15 years.

Attached: 4348E04C-8554-4880-9314-74F6D88763B7.jpg (445x601, 106K)

M&B Napoleonic Wars, the shot and shell just keeps coming....

F.E.A.R

I probably will later this summer.

>That's because you don't know how to play the class.
True. But on a first playthrough its not the most sound idea. Also using a sniper rifle with only pistol in room to room fighting is fun...yay....

I thought the Line was like an anti-FPS, in which really the only way to win was to put down the controller. The Far Cry series since 2 has also used that theme over and over again. It's cool in concept and I like the idea of an FPS deconstructing the genre but I haven't seen anyone truly pull it off yet. I will say I liked the Line more than most people though and think they were probably closest one to get it over anyone else. The best "dark" FPS I've ever seen was that game about 2nd Battle of Fallujah that never got released to controversy.

>SVD repro
Confirmed noguns. If anyone had one they'd specifically mention wether it be Norinco, Tigr, PSL converted, or a VEPR converted.

Unironically same. But it was only the first scare that got to me.

the only time I felt bad in Spec Ops was when I had to engage in the awful fucking gameplay. I put it down well in advance of the "twists".

Didn't really get ptsd, but one time I played Battlefield 1 for like a week w/ no sleep.
Every time I closed my eyes I saw bullets wiz by me. Fuckers kept me fencing every time I tried to sleep.

Half life.

I now see every elevator in a game as a potential death trap and am constantly paranoid about them.

This even slightly extends to real life, though not overly so. Just every time I get in one I cant help but remember that it's a potential metal coffin

"D"
youtube.com/watch?v=lEy_bZe51aM
yeah, it's low res PS1, but it still gave me nightmares

The best part of Spec Ops: The Line is a part few ever get about it.
Remember how you play that helicopter scene first in the campaign before seemingly flashing back? And do you remember what Walker said once you got back to that point?
>wait, but this already happened!
You'll notice other things out of place as well, like how the mummified bodies hanging from streetlamps in the distance, when viewed through a sniper rifle's scope, twitch and move.
The secret is that Walker and his team were dead all along. Walker is in hell, reliving his actions over and over again in an endless loop. That's why there are seemingly no choices to be had in the game, everything was already decided long ago.

This. Also DayZ .63. Shit's gud.

Attached: image.jpg (1136x640, 146K)

I wasn't even scared of it, I just felt bad for the girls.

>Playing Silent Hunter
>Batteries dangerously low, running on the surface at night to charge them
>Radar signals detected

>in which really the only way to win was to put down the controller.

The problem is that there's absolutely no way to avoid anything in the game, there's no option to literally just do the job you were given and not play the hero. If the only way to "win" a game sold for $60 retail is to just not play it, thats absurd. Not only is there no way to "win" (not necessarily a bad thing) but the game acts like you had a choice, even though the only choice was not to use the product you just purchased.

Attached: 342341234.png (1120x828, 879K)

but why then does the game have 3 endings to choose from?

Same, user, same.

It's all in his head at that point. The writer says that Walker died in the helicopter crash and everything after that is in his own mind.

>JUST MONIKA
>JUST MONIKA
>JUST MONIKA

Attached: 6A086A5D-304C-4F8F-8FC5-4B9A4654BAFA.jpg (888x1024, 119K)

Metro was pretty fucking spoopy, especially with the actual tunnels themselves and the shadow people you saw in the sewers.

Attached: 9155ABE1-067B-4769-B330-E685BB0F2CE0.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

If you play because you want to be the hero then, yeah, you're not gonna win that one. But at that point the game has all right to call you out on it, because given the genre you wanted to murder and destroy your way through the game and come out the other end as the knight in shining armour, smelling of roses rather than the burnt entrails you've been wading through.
But if you simply played to shoot some dudes and maybe watch a decent story unfurl in the process, without telling yourself that all the bloodshed is never anything but grand heroism, then you'll win the game, because shooting dudes and a decent story is what you get.

The "no choices, it's all hell" doesn't match that there actually are choices to be made, and different endings. But if the main character has simply gone schizo and is starting to hallucinate a bit here and there, then it all fits.

youtube.com/watch?v=wTww_p2KA1A

World at War's Soviet campaign does Heart of Darkness better than Spec Ops, which is maudlin, melodramatic crap.

thats a horrendous song made by waste

OFP, The part where Malden gets overrun and you are left alone to try to get to the evacuation point.

Red Orchestra 40-45 after playing gor 8 hours nonstop, with my headphones firmly on my head and the volume all the way up like a retard, i legitimately got tinnitus and slight jumps from the artillery and close gunfire

Unturned made me realize how sadistic children are. Especially when they pay to be a mod

I was wayyyy to young to be playing this

Attached: 09391FAD-4186-49F6-9AD8-2B55A7543227-3845-000004BC8AF0BD2E.jpg (353x500, 35K)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Shadow of chernobyl and call of pripyat with the right mods

>>those fucking tunnels to the military base, all that tall grass in the swamps

This. Years later I'm still so fucking salty.

Attached: 1331769115138.png (531x500, 71K)

My nigga

Attached: 1527392866673.png (500x491, 264K)

>PicRelated Made me scared that everything would kill me

Attached: 5920184D-86B2-4E6D-BC69-097CB31F8997-3845-000004BF4490B6ED.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

But everything WILL kill you, user. Especially dysentery.

Attached: 1528607914691.png (437x431, 209K)

>because shooting dudes and a decent story is what you get.

What if i wanted a game with good controls and something more fresh than generic cover shooter mechanics?

These guys in the swamp level in Star Wars Bounty Hunter. Also the Tatooine level where they take the jetpack away and you have to slog through a ton of enemies.

Attached: Nexu.jpg (800x429, 50K)

"The Last of Us".

What about just spooked? Undying and The elementary school in fear 2

Could've been a contender, if Mikami-san didn't borrow so much off of RE4. It felt more like a rehash than anything else.

Attached: image.jpg (400x347, 30K)

>when you want to criticize the Modern Warfare series but fail to realize all your themes and messages are a recurring subtext in MW

You guys have no fucking clue how terrified I was of the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time when i was a kid. The disembodied hands and the music scared the shit out of me.

Attached: 403c630644a1b81c0012c864b9e86127dc903d64_00.gif (320x269, 213K)

Soma.

Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Shadow temple was worse imo
Oh and encountering "you know what" at the bottom of the well

The return to OP's moms Vag.