Cross country traveling

My wife and are are traveling to the Grand Canyon from Charlotte NC taking i40 (the blue line) and taking i10 back (the black line) I've done some research and I've found the "Safe Passage Law" but DOES NOT prevent arrest which seems pointless. With the areas I'm traveling am I safe to bring my 17rd 9mm and a spare mag staying the night in any of these states? And if so how should I travel (trunk, glove box, ect) and will I be safe if I do so?
I DO NOT HAVE A CCW!

Attached: 20180616_012908.jpg (975x975, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

handgunlaw.us
flickr.com/photos/catchmeifyouspam/albums
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>But New Mexico does not exist

I used to travel cross-country fairly frequently and always used handgunlaw.us as a reference. I never had any issues.

Why the fuck are you taking a gun to the grand canyon.

Gonna show that fuckin river slit who's boss once and for all

Sates I will enter
North Carolina South Carolina Georgia Tennessee Forida Missippi Alabama Arkansas Oklahoma New Mexico Texas Louisiana Arizona....I think that's it?

Carry on then

Stop at the bass pro pyramid in Memphis. It's right off i40, like literally a quarter mile away.

Use this

It goes where ever I go, do I need any more of a reason?
Appreciate it man

>Forida
You stay the fuck out

Sounds like a fun trip, user. I've done cross-country drives like this many times. In fact, here's my Flickr account - you can see some of them there. The 2013 and Summer 2016 trips were especially fun:
flickr.com/photos/catchmeifyouspam/albums

Anyhow, I did a lot of traveling through cuck states, so I usually just brought my AR-7 with me because it stows in a suitcase and is 50-state legal. That doesn't seem to be as much of a problem with your route, though.

really, do this.

It's god's waiting room....
And everyone who's under 80 is usually a meth junkie.

I don't recall ever hearing anything gun related about the states were going through and I'm only going back and forth from NC to SC and both for the most part have fairly good gun laws. Just glad im not having to go up north!
I just rather be safe then sorry

Were only passing through. I've been to Miami and fucking hated it. Same with west palm beach although a lot more relaxed. Were just making a big circle instead of seeing the same things twice. I10 and I40 are the two best routes

I don't understand this question.

Do make sure to go to the Standard Diner in Albuquerque, to Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville TN, and to Moss Pawn in Atlanta.

Good deal man I'll write them down. Tbh were hitting i40 in New Mexico so I can stop by Walter Whites house from Breaking Bad. Just started watching it again and figured it would be a fun picture to add to the collection

Like the photos user looks like a fun time! Can't wait to hit the road last week. But jesus going through all the gun laws and motor transportation is more of a hassle then I though. As much as I hate too I might just leave the gun at home so I don't unintentionally end up on a weapons charge

Keep in mind that the owners are skittish about visitors because they literally get a couple dozen people a year who come by and throw a pizza onto their roof.

Why not?

Attached: A gun.jpg (397x525, 22K)

Just remember not to go target shooting on National Park land (use BLM only if you want to target shoot), and be careful driving through the Navajo res. I believe you aren't supposed to have a loaded gun in your vehicle traveling through the Navajo res. Your chances of getting pulled over on the res are extremely low though, but it's still the largest indian reservation in the US.

Kek... Pretty sure the states you visit aren't cucked so just keep it in the center console and tell the cups if you get pulled over...

Florida. Our laws have changed recently. If you're under 21 better have your CC permit.

Also it's really boring driving through that part of Florida. Trees on both sides and that's about all you see for like 50 miles.

Just traveled aforementioned over the past week (albeit unarmed)
>the trunk counts as a “locked container”
Double-bag it with a lockbox/safe if possible but you should be good
>t. had a friendly convo with oklahoma narcotics mere days ago because (((CA))) plates but I’m a wholesome christian boy

P.S. Amarillo is an underrated gem and stop at every Blake’s Lot-A-Burger possible between Cracker Barrels

Yea I'm not going to be a crazy fan fanatic. Literally stop, roll down the window and take a picture. I read about that when I was researching the real address couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Did you feel uncomfortable when traveling like that unarmed? Getting that close to Mexico and just hearing stories makes me wonder you know? Also, mi d if I ask why you didn't travel armed?

faggot
I magdumped into a cactus when I was there, was fun

Burgers and cracker barrel.
user, you know the way to my heart!

It was surprisingly safe honestly. Gallup was nicer than I ever imagined and I got a fantastic room rate there by calling ahead, the most dangerous part of the trip was the crosswinds in OK. I did have (((cooking equipment))) with me admittedly but it’s not like it would have made a difference. Just keep your “yes sir”s ready and be friendly with the meth-heads when they talk to you, as long as you’re on their good side you’re fine. Charisma is the most important thing you can wield outside of the obvious.

I should mention I weigh like 140 on a good day and I’m the biggest faggot this board could know so if you’ve got a lady with you then you’re already better off than I was in a CA-registered deutschemaschine.

Cracker Barrel is the very soul of American culture and it’s no joke. I tipped them like 50% because I felt guilty about how fucking cheap it was to eat like a king at every stop. $8 and you have a feast on your plate.

Kek
I'll do some more research and see what's what. Even if I have to call every damn state I will. I still have until next Friday so were in good shape. Thanks for the help. And I pray to the gun gods you make it out of CA in one piece!!
Dude I gre up in north and south Carolina where cracker barrels are every where. It's like a 5 star waffle house and those little triangle puzzles??? I gucking love those things! I'll be honest I haven't been to one in a year or so. Last time me and the wife went to myrtle beach

Post pictures of your dumb little slut wife

God I hate my phone. Sorry for the typos. Ever since the new droid update it's made my phone shit

>18
>her first kiss
>popped cherry
>obviously her first dick
>slut
>24 now and married still only my dick
Yea I'm pretty sure she isn't a slut
Nice try though

I made it out in one piece and I get my license/plates changed in a week. The reign of terror is over AND I got to spend time with family in TX. Couldn’t be more thankful.
>5 star Waffle House
Read my mind. The rockers out front are $25 in the right state and I was legitimately pissed I couldn’t cram anymore in my sedan, shit was Tetris after I was done loading up from ne move.

Forgot to mention — the travel center at Cline’s Corner is a fantastic rest stop between NM and TX even if it’s a tourist trap chock-full of souvenir garbage. Worth a stop just to peep the most burger stereotypes you can possibly fathom, got myself a cute little natural geode ashtray for $10 after spending an hour searching through total garbage.

Last thing —
Horsepower-friendly states (my experience):
AZ
NM
TX
Radar/Construction Hell:
OK
MO
KS
(Obviously my route diverted from yours though, good luck in the SE)

Pumping rounds from my seburo into a saguaro is my fetish. Well it's a bulgy mak but same difference

Southern cop here. Any lockable container is fine for any jurisdiction im aware of. Do note the container must be LOCKABLE but not necessarily locked.
One of the best perks of the badge is never having to worry about this shit. I was just up in Boston CCing last week wiithout a single care about state laws.

Have a safe trip friendo

Good job user; just as God intended.

Attached: C3170B6C-BF91-4837-8D8F-E707DB9C7840.gif (488x200, 49K)

>best perks of the badge
>perks of the badge
I just vomited; I want off of this ride.

Attached: F2E43BEF-3A81-4BC1-8E1F-25E5598D84DA.jpg (750x386, 95K)

There is no escape, fucko. Welcome to the guttural hell that is modern life

Don't I fuckin know it though, why I carry a bottleneck- cartridge piece.

Attached: EBE885BD-67BA-44F1-802A-2D313AE45FCE.png (750x1334, 1.31M)

Drive opposite routes, you are driving with the drug & cash flow! Take I10 and leave on I40

Attached: ATT00061.jpg (524x418, 30K)

Well, if you put it in a case and then bury it in your luggage you should be fine, unless you give them some reason to thoroughly search your car like drinking and driving or smoking some weed.

Really, you shouldn't be trying to pack your gun in the cab of your car un-cased and loaded or on you if you don't even have a CCW. They're cheap and worth it. Most states offer a lifetime one for something around a 150 bucks (but of course it's null and void if you're busted for a felony).

Most states reciprocally allow you to use a CCW from another state, well, the red states at least (and a good amount of the blue). They make a pretty cool map online that shows you which states reciprocate your CCW.

Kys no-guns

pack feed for your horses

Constitutional carry btfo. With my WI permit I would be good in all but four of those states. If I added MN and FL I would be good in almost all 50 states.

Thanks for the tips user and glad you made it out of that hell hole!
It's funny you talked about souvenirs because my wife is wanting to stop in every state sometimes twice to browse around. She's wanting to start a complete 50 state magnet thing on the fridge. Again man, I appreciate legitimate help
Life saver man! Thank you for the words of wisdom. I'm still going to do my research but at least have a little peace of mind. Be safe out there!
Thank you. She's just one of those absolutley beautiful down home southern girls that was just raised the right way. How a man like me got a girl like that I'll never know. But damn I take full advantage of that! (In a good way)
Why does it matter which way I go? Legitimately curious.
That's the thing though. I do not have a CCW. I live in an open carry state (north Carolina) and although I don't practice it all the time I've just never gotten around to getting it PLUS it more paperwork i don't want on my name you know?

I want to add also that the gun would be in the trunk regardless. Simplify things. And the only time it would come out is when we stay some where

you're her first..... white guy