AMA

euro (french) police officer here AMA

I can't provide proof for PERSEC reasons. I can go into more detail in the thread

Attached: main-qimg-3a12fa648d8da31cedbc68adf6097705-c.jpg (602x452, 78K)

Nevada Deputy Sheriff here. How bad is the (((diversity))) issue over there? Wife wants to take a trip to France/Greece/Italy, and I'm leaning towards no because of the Muslim issue, and I can be arrested for saying something dissident about the European Union.

Also, are you allowed to carry a firearm on duty? How about even an X26?

you had any knife fights

before I move out to the countryside I carried a X26. but yes, I can carry my firearm on duty (I am actually required to) and I can also CC it when I'm off work. The diversity problem is only really bad in Paris (where I used to work) and Marseille. Otherwise you should be fine. Also this "hate speech" thing is blown way out of proportion. In France at least, the only people fined for hate speech are the big alt-right guys. It's also fully legal to openly hate the EU and also the government.
Personally, never. Almost every thug i arrested in Paris had a chink knife with him. The surge in knife crime is beginning to spread out of the UK. It worries me more than terrorism desu

ever done any riot shit?

being hit by a rock or bottle, in full riot gear, does it really hurt you?

i always read about dozens of wounded policemen after football games or demonstrations, but it never looks like anyone's really hurt when a rock hits their helmet

you could at least post a pic of your hat or any piece of equipment with a timestamp. or even your ID, with blacked out personal information.

i don't like these anonymous AMA threads, that Chechen war hero last night was enough

how come all of europe has to pay for the fuckups your country has produced ?

no, I haven't, but my friend has. he says sometimes if a rock hits you it is sort of disorienting, it may even concuss you if the guy throwing it is strong. usually it's nothing more than a few bruises

>In France at least, the only people fined for hate speech are the big alt-right guys.
yeah but to be fair isn't that the entire point? punishing people in the public eye to make an example of them because clearly it's more of a political tool than a real matter of public safety?

I'm sorry, but even those could be used to identify me, so that's a no go. I assure you that I am a policeman. If you want I can elaborate on why I am so conscious about security

Is the police infiltrated by the mafia or clans?

I suppose. It really is shit that laws like this are a thing. One of the downsides of being a cop is having to enforce unjust laws

thanks for the vietnam war

Attached: 1525467607050.jpg (1837x1227, 288K)

suprisingly, there is little corruption in most units. however in some parts of the south, and especially corsica, there is corruption. I suspect it is not quite as bad as some of our neighbours

no problem ;) my grandfather fought in indochina, so you guys just finished the job

Are you racist?

>ITT: amerimutt doesn't know how europe really is

some might call me that... however I used to work with a black and an asian and they were both pretty chill guys. we used to go to the range together

I've been to Italy, it's a dumpster fire theses days. At least Naples was. Trash and filth everywhere, hammer and sickles graffitied on every corner or concrete barricade, African immigrants sleeping in the streets...

Avoid any big cities in Western Europe and you might be fine honestly. Countryside didn't seem as bad.

ta gueule connard

northern italy is beautiful and safe

bompe

Attached: 1525067533708.png (384x425, 417K)

Are you sad that your country was turned into a muslim and african shithole?

I'm sad that paris has, most of the country is fine. muslims cannot live in the countryside. it is too cold in the winter and there is no welfare office less than 50km away

She's more likely to get shot in the US than bothered by diversité here, also just don't say anything """racist""" and u will be fine

>finished
kek

nobody gets shot here except people who do it to themselves and gangsters

She's 100x more likely to suffer grevious bodily harm at the edge of knives, the blunt of bats, the AIDS of nigger dick and so on. And since the guy claims to be a sherriff and married, I'd be damn willing to bet she shoots back. In other news, people who live near the ocean are more likely to be bitten by sharks.

And did you REALLY just try and advocate European tourism by saying, "dont say anything offensive and our rabid mobs of subhumans wont pillage you, and our communist thought police want throw you in a gulag"? Fucking really? Good job.

Attached: 1519577325257.jpg (402x431, 23K)

How's it feel living in a freedomless country where Muslim do whatever the fuck they want. Also no gats

What are your thoughts on the EU? Gun ownership in France? Gun ownership in general? How much do you hate Americans? I've heard that outside of Paris that people are quite friendly to burgers.

believe me, Muslims break the law all the time, and face the consequences, at least they do in France. most cops would let a white guy off for carrying a knife, but they'd bag a muslim

I dislike the EU. I'm too young to remember, but my dad always told me that at the start it seemed good and was beneficial, but it got worse and more controlling as it grew bigger.

Gun ownership in France is good. there are more and more gun owners each year and sometimes when I'm at the station and guys come to drop in Cat. B detention applications (cat. b is ar15s and glocks and things) I try to get it sent off to the prefecture (who handle these things) as quickly as possible. I wish we could go back to pre-1995 laws without the "military caliber" rule. I owns several guns myself and I shoot them at the range every Sunday. I'm also teaching my son how to use the .22 and he'll be getting an airgun for his birthday. Gun ownership overall is good. I think France would benefit from allowing people to CC, it would curb terror and crime. In Paris if I found women and guys who looked non-shady carrying pepper spray or a taser I'd only give them a warning instead of confiscating it. The one bit of gun control I do support is random breathalyser tests for hunters during hunts. I believe it would stop hunting accidents.

As for Americans, I think they're kind of goofy and some seem a bit stupid, but overall I like them. France and America are brother and sister and our friendship goes back to 1776. I think that there is so much we could learn from eachother.

he is clearly retarded. the touristy parts of paris and the rest of the country (bar Marseille) is fine. Even then it is rare that acts of crime are committed in broad daylight

French here. As you must know we're not supposed to carry knives but many people do anyway.
How often do you actually look for knives on people? Do you confiscate them? Does this mean further trouble for the carrier, like does it get writen on their criminal record?
Or only if the knife carrier is an Arab, as you said before?
Have you ever confiscated a cool, expensive knife so you can keep it for yourself, or do you know cops that do this?

>think France would benefit from allowing people to CC
Finally , you don't know how Limeys, Australians, and South Africans ive met who believe CC would only encourage more terrorism

>believe it would stop hunting accidents.
Are hunting accidents a problem in frog land

If the guy is shady or arab, I will confiscate the knife, but that's all, because I know that whatever I do he will still carry one. When I was in Paris, and we had to do frisks on a street corner, if I found a knife I would pull the guy to the side and iehter tell him I knew he had a knife and could go on, or if he was shady or an arab I would take it away. Sometimes if we did security at concerts and such I would just take away the non-shady guy's knife for the duration of the event, and tell him to meet me at the exit to get back. Obviously if he had a leatherman or a swiss army knife I would let him go. I once found a guy with a spyderco delica zhp189 and we had a 10min conversation about knives. Most cops would just confiscate the knife. some asshole might drag you before a court (they would usually use it to have an excuse to arrest you if you did something). If you do carry a knife carry an opinel or a multi tool for no trouble. I don't know what the guys did with the knives they confiscated, but I would say some guys probably kept some nice ones

on a side note the craziest thing I found a guy carrying was a glock 43, I arrested him but as it turned out, the gun was legally held. I sort of felt bad because he got a 15k fine and he's not allowed to own guns for 10 years (he will only be allowed to own Cat. C for the rest of his life). I'd say he got off lucky

yes, around 25 people a year (hunters and non-hunters) die in hunting accidents. the number is higher than before, I would say it's because leases are expensive enough and guys try to shoot as much as they can during the season, so they are trigger happy. also our practices for hunting big game are pretty shit compared to the rest of europe

>Avoid big cities
kek dude nothing will ever be as bad as american cities
continue reading shit on pol

Thanks, it's interesting to have an inside view.
While I'm here, I know some people keep improvized weapons on their person of in their cars. Tire irons, iron bars, shovels, axes, pickaxe handles, screwdrivers, hammers, anti-theft devices... Can someone get in trouble if a cop believes he's keeping those with the intent of using them as weapons, or is going "those are just tools in case I get stuck somewhere" going to fly?

>If you want I can elaborate on why I am so conscious about security
Please do

How do you feel about the French that Canadians speak?

have you even arrested a russian

Dude naples is by far the worst example of a western European city, seriously. It's like a failed city, basically run by the mafia

They sound funny but they are friendly and honest

>Friendly and honest Canadians
Wuh?

>>avoid big cities
>kek dude big cities are worse
?????????????

Basically one morning I was assigned to fill in on a team that were going to raid a drug dealers flat in the banlieue and I lost my wallet during the operation. It had my ID in it. I started recieving death threats in the mail. I didn't take it seriously until I came home one day and there were bullet impacts in my wall (I lived in a suburban house a bit outside the city). I resigned and joined a department in my home town in the countryside. Haven't had any trouble since but I'm still wary.

It was my experience when I went on holiday there around 5 years ago

>any

What are you defining as Western Europe here? Most cities in Western Europe are brilliant places.

Thanks for the info, Frenchie. It's easy in these times to forget how important the long friendship between our countries is. I hope things over there go well for you and yours.

Nope but I've arrested some Yugos

You never been in Europe and op is just a larping faggot

who are worse nigs\arabs or yugos?

>Military calibers

Not a thing anymore since 2012.

Stop larping, faggot.

My wife speaks French and I know a little. We were considering the idea of moving somewhere in the French countryside or mountains when we retire. Would we be welcomed as American expatriates? It seems like a nice alternative to the usual American retirement. Also what’s the policy on foreigners owning firearms? I have a fairly large collection, and it would be nice to bring at least some of them with us.

Attached: 0BEABBFA-50F1-4AB0-BA98-BBFB90922918.jpg (750x747, 348K)

>I lost my wallet during the operation
How the fuck?

Attached: 1241314932955.png (170x143, 3K)

>Nevada
Where? I've lived in most of the bigger cities in the state.

Are you willing to learn french?.

Not all of us live in Toronto.

>Says he's police
>Posts a picture of gendarmes

You wanna know how I know you're neither police nor french?

How do you feel about arresting people for "hate speech" or confiscating a law abidding citizen's firearms without due process just because the prefinct ordered it, even though both freedom of speech and right to own guns and use them in self defense are both part of the declaration of the rights of man and of the citizen?

I mean how before 1995, we needed an authorisation to possess guns with "military caliber"

Arabs

I keep it in an open pocket, I admit, I was retarded

How would u improve the French police, OP?

Je connais la différence entre la police et la gendarmerie connard. C'est juste la première photo qui apparait quand in tape "police française" dans google. Je suis juste paresseux ce soir.

Hello American people of voting and political influence age.
I am European Man. Bad words you hear about diveristy verry much Not True.
There are problems but it's not that bad. The main thing is that you come visit us. See for yourself how not bad it is. There is nothing to be afraid of. Come visit us.
Those of you with metal in your bodies (dental work, joint replacement) will please form a separate line.
We hope to see you soon.

We still need authorizations to possess a gun in 5,556x45, 5,45x39, 7,62x39, 12,7x99, 14,5x114 as well as in any handgun cartridge except .44 mag and .22lr.

I would feel awful for doing that, and gladly have never had to do it

I would hire some more people to alleviate the massive amounts of stress LEOs have had lately, but also modernise some equipment. I would also try to give officers more range time.

I know, but you needed them for even more calibers pre-2012 and also pre-1995. For example we had .222 ARs and AKs and .38 Super 1911s because due to the caliber they didn't have to be registered.

Douglas. Washoe and Clark are just eastern California.

*american

Te faire enculer condé de mort

Yes

Hey OP, from what I've gathered from a friend of mine in the police you're pretty much stuck in Paris for your first few years, how was it ? Are you a countryman/provincial ? If so, are you around the place where you grew up right now and how long have you been at your current position ? I know my friend can't fucking wait to come back to the countryside. Have a good one mate.

Do you like the US

Attached: 792E30C2-CB1D-41BC-8560-96ABCA7DE396.jpg (912x569, 116K)

Thoughts on the mousqueton amd

>>Police.
>>Post Gendarmerie pic

What is your opinion on gun control?

>gendarmerie
>arresting nogs in Paris

[X] doubt

>>Est gendarme
>>Tapote "Police française" sur google

Fucking Kek.
I really wonder where all the missing scooters, laptops, and phones placed as evidence go.
If mob corruption is rare, it's because cops help themselves.

Attached: There is little corruption in most units.jpg (1450x1080, 155K)

Why do left-wing europeans (i.e. most) hate Israel so much

Have you been to Lyon recently? I haven't visited n a little over a year and last time I was there it didn't seem too bad, just some Operation Sentinelle guys around.

I'm worried about my Grandparents.

Correction, I was there last Christmas. Im retarded, still worried about the situation developing.

Which tourists are the worst? Nationality, age, gender, ect.

Not gonna lie, I want a .222 ak now.
OP, I'm going to France this summer as part of my grad program. Any laws I need to be aware of that aren't pure common sense? What are knife laws like, as I plan on bringing a small folder if that is legal.

1. Muslims and their cock-suckers (Supporting Palestinian cause only, Hamas is just "oppression's spawn")
2. People who actually disagree with Israel current policy (Fuck peace, Fuck Arabs ; all Promised Land is ours)
3. Jow Forumsacks (alt-right anti-semites)
4. Anti-sionists (disagree with the concept of Israel while not hating Jews.)

The real question is why you Americans unquestioningly support the Israeli governement whatever it does.

that should be fine, just excersize common sense when carrying it (don't go to parties, concerts etc. with it)

je suis policier

exactly that, cops help themselves

Brits and Germans aged 18-25. British women are the worst

>(french) police officer here

Hi as someone who has visited your country and indeed tried dealing with your police force may I tell you what a squalid obnoxious third world tier organization you are part of. Thank fuck your language is dying and the en of France historically is on the horizon.

french riot police should be unleashed on england and club every inbred bongloid they see like canadian seals

which city were you in? It's not the case with me, but if you attempt to speak French with a French person, they will make try to speak English with you. There are many assholes in the force though

Thanks. One country confirmed good to go. Now to figure the laws on Germany, Switzerland, Poland, and the Czech Republic. Although it's gonna be a bitch to keep on me in England.

Etais-tu militaire? J'etais un soldat ici, les EU, en Texas. J'ai combatté avec les soldats de France, et maintenant je vais a la universitie a apprendre Francais.

Attached: DMEcmRKVwAEgck7.jpg (600x900, 67K)

Czech Republic should be fine, it's a realy nice place too. I think in Germany the blade can't be locking and must be under 6cm (joergspave has a video on it). In the UK you can also carry knives, don't know the specifics though

No, but my father and my grandfather were. You're French is quite good fro a non-native speaker. I'd say after a few years of university you should be a good speaker

Ok guys thanks for all the questions but I must put this to a halt. Bye everyone.

>British women are the worst
Interesting, how so?

Ah ouai, et merci. Beaucoups des respectes pour ton pere et ton grand pere, les "warfighters" sont un petit group. Est-ce que c'est violent pour toi? J'habite au petit ville en Texas, tous le monde se savoir (?)

I just re read that and I should probably have said "se connait" or something instead of savoir

Displaying all the traits of a Parisian and a fuckup police officer. This is more of a proof than any badge or ID could be. Shameful.

Not OP, but french Police Nationale officer here.

Depending on the circumstances, carrying it on your person without a pretty good reason to do so might put you in trouble.

See, the thing is that cold weapons and other non-firearm D category weapons are defined in french law as "any object that can be a danger to public safety". Therefore, a lot depends on the circumstances and the judgment of the individual officer (at least in the intial arrest phase, before magistrates get involved).

To be more precise, for an object to be considered a D category weapon, it needs either to be a weapon by design (combat knife, sword, etc...) or by intent or destination of use (in this last case, pretty much any object might fall in this).

IE carrying a hammer in your pocket might very well be considered carrying a weapon if you can't come up with a non-BS reason for you not carrying it in a bag or toolbox. In this cas it can reasonably be conceived that you intend to use the item as a weapon, which makes it a weapon "by destination" - which makes it illegal to carry.

Transport of weapons is also forbidden without good reason, which means that you can't really just drive around with a sword in your trunk. However you may get away with carrying tools that could be used in a defensive manner (machete, hammer, axe, etc.) because showing the intent to use something as a weapon when you're not actively carrying or using it tends to to stick from a legal perspective.

Second reason you may be able to get away with it is that our ability to search a vehicle is restricted to a few circumstances which are typically not met in a regular traffic stop. Not seen, not caught, no trouble.