Why did it fail?

Got this Glock 37 from local pawnshop for $299. I would guess it has less than 200 rounds thru it.

This thing is fun to shoot. The 45 GAP round is very controllable in a full size pistol. Easy follow ups and double taps.

I know Glock tried hard to push these on police departments, with only a few adopters. Why did it fail?

The ability to fit a .45 caliber round in the same size frame as 9x19 Glocks is nothing to balk at.

Wrong marketing? Bad timing? Too gimmicky?

Attached: 20180617_003602.jpg (3264x2448, 2.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

americantactical.us/5465/detail.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The same reason no one buys anything in .357 SIG. It's a solution in search of a problem and no one who that mattered saw a reason to bother with it.

.45 GAP failed for the same reason that Sony's MemoryStick failed - because nobody wants to buy proprietary bullshit instead of an industry standard

>45 GAP between 45 ACP and 9x19

Attached: 20180617_004354.jpg (2448x3264, 3.37M)

The good news is that it won't cost you much to convert it to something other than Glock's in-house proprietary wildcat cartridge.

americantactical.us/5465/detail.html

>Proprietary bullshit

And yet here we are, with things like .224 Valkyrie and .300 Blackout.

But those caught on somehow.

>And yet here we are, with things like .224 Valkyrie and .300 Blackout. But those caught on somehow.
Except they really didn't. They got to be memes where .45 GAP didn't, but sales of those calibers is minuscule compared to 5.56, and they're effectively irrelevant fads.

cuz there is the glock 17

they rather take the higher round count

That's nice but

>40 S&W

As if I needed yet another kind of ammuntion to stock up on.

Thanks for bringing that option to my attention though.

Those cartridges are A: not mainstream by any means and B: do something specific very well that the parent case does not.

Name one thing 9mm or 40 or 45 doesn't do well enough that 45 GAP does that justifies the swap.

I get what .300 Blackout was trying to solve. 7.62x39 performance out of a bitch basic AR. Most of the rednecks out here use them in lieu of 30-30 levergats.

But what does .224 Valkyrie claim to do?

.300 blackout is one of the only new snowflake cartridges that's gotten any backing, and it actually a solution to a problem.
Plus it's easy to reload from the common as shit .223.

You got me.

The only one of those the 45 GAP has a leg over is the 45 ACP.

With the GAP, you can get *almost* the same power as the ACP, from a gun with the frame size and slide travel of a 9x19.

Similar to .308 being *almost* as powerful as 30-06 from a smaller package.

The others...45 GAP got nothing on those two.

>357 SIG

Now I should hunt down a Glock 31.

>I will be the king of calibers no one likes!

thats not fair people like 357 sig. its not like 40 where the only reason people use it is cause they were forced to for work or get free ammo.

>Glock in .38 Super
Yes

OP here.

Do any of you have a .50 GI Glock, fired one, or even SEEN one in person.

I want one of those too.

Attached: 50 GI Glock.jpg (1280x960, 56K)

Once I find the rare Glock 25, I will be king of Glocks too.

A .38 super Glock would be the only Glock I would buy.

Then I have a discovery for you.

Lone Wolf makes .38 Super conversion kits for Glock 20s.

18+1 baby.

So some self proclaimed US marshall comes into my store and told a coworker than reason .357 sig isn't wide spread is because of some sort of government contract preventing mass civilian circulation and both USM and SENPAI is hoarding it. The dude told my coworker to prepare for the flood gates on .357 sig to happen soon because the superduper secret contract is ending soon.

If i remember, the Secret Service and FBI did indeed use or still use 357 SIG in serious numbers.

Air Marshals supposedly chose it because of “less chance of overpenetration”

>Buying any .50 other than African Eliminator Deagle™ Brand Deagle™
???
no
don't do that.

Because most people who buy modern guns aren't retarded enough to want a pistol in fuddy-five, and the ones who do are either mall ninja larping retards who will shell out for the overpriced HK or FN version, or closet Fudds who buy Springfield XDs because they don't give a fuck about our rights and think grip safeties are anything but a mistake.

I enjoy all firearms of all makes and caliber. Low and high quality.

From Lorcins and Jimenezes, to FNs and SIGs, the fuddish and mall ninja alike.

Ironically, 45 ACP would be better with Glaser bullets in that case I would think right?

Attached: 761521.jpg (880x660, 149K)

.50 AE Glock when?