Daily reminder that the most important thing when SHTF, after guns and ammo, is water...

Daily reminder that the most important thing when SHTF, after guns and ammo, is water. You should have at least 4 liters of water per person per day for an emergency.

Attached: water.jpg (485x1500, 138K)

>4 liters a day

You plan on hiking out? Why the fuck would you need 4 liters every day?

Water is honestly more important than bullets. If you are stockpiling ammo but have to water you are an idiot.

not op.
Cooking, hygiene, bunch of other reasons.

You need both. Without water, you'll be too dehydrated to shoot. Without ammo, you won't be able to protect your water from thieves.

I'm protecting my bullets with more bullets now fuck off

Just drink your pee bro.

You can do that, but recycling water through your body again and again won't work forever.

>Not just taking over a dam once SHTF and becoming a water baron with your mates
And before anyone says anything, yes I know you can just dam the river further up but by the time someone does you'll have sent your private army to fuck up the losers anyway.

Most rivers are so polluted that drinking out of them would be suicide. You'd have to far up into the mountains to find clean water.

A few weeks back my town had it's bottled water supply pillaged by out of towners that had algae in their tap water, making it undrinkable for kids and sick people. A few days later my city then had a similar alert go out, but turns out it was just a false alarm. Took them 3 days to figure that out though.

I usually stocked water, usually at least 20 gallons since I have the bottles, but haven't done so since I've moved and not cleaned my water cooler.

The best thing is that while they were sending out alert the also mixed this message in and people were freaking the fuck out
>"Emergency Alert: Civil Emergency in this area until 11:28PM PDT Prepare for Action OEM,1,OR"

>You should have at least 4 liters of water per person per day for an emergency.

Attached: humble water merchant.jpg (1280x1354, 129K)

I live in a state that takes decent care of their lakes and rivers, and where they are also plentiful. The only thing I'd have to worry about is the potential pollution after the failure in infrastructure such as sewage stoppage.

Other than that it's all about making sure I can outgun the people coming for my water filters.

Attached: gay frogs.jpg (940x300, 52K)

What state? You'd be surprised how much pollution is in rivers from farm runoff and sewage alone, let along industrial pollution.

Michigan.
Also, I am profoundly aware of fertilizer runoff and sewage. I thought about industrial pollution but aside from radioactivity and certain toxins from plastic and rubber degradation most if not everything will be taken care of during the purification process.

Distillation is only going to be reserved for the water baron himself, obviously.

>Michigan
Great. You can cast your own bullets with all the lead in the water.

Kek. But no, if you people seriously believe that folks will just be cupping their hands and drinking straight out of rivers and lakes like fucking Indians you got another thing coming.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo. In my state, niggers already shit in the streets. If SHTF, people will be drinking out of rivers, and most of them will die of dysentery.

>gay

Yep. If you want to seriously look into prepping for SHTF, You need to have about half a dozen water storage containers(55gallon drums for example) and at least two ways to purify/filter water.

You will not survive just by having several cases of Walmart water bottles in your pantry.

>you'll have sent your private army to fuck up the losers anyway.

Which is exactly why I did it in the first place. Now I’ve got your forces drawn out into the open, and I’m gonna blow the dam I just built.

If you don't know what a sand point is, I already scavenged your ammo off your corpse.

we have a thing called rain u know we don't all live in hot shitty places

When does bottled water go bad?

Attached: 1494699012385.jpg (1024x761, 292K)

Juan Manuel Marquez over here. Kek nasty nigga

Depends on the container it's stored in but bottles like op's pic are good for about 4 years. There's a company that makes long term can of water that has about 50 years of shelf life.

Gonna buy 20 cases of water tomorrow.

>liters
27 replies and no one pointed out that OP is just butthurt that he can’t own a gun?
Summer Jow Forums is unrecognizable.