Star pistols

Any views on a Star Pistols? I been offered one and really don't know much other then they are spanish.

Attached: Star Model B 9mm.jpg (3455x2303, 765K)

offered one for how much?

I have no personal experience but I have heard they are solid guns. Have a bump.

Some user here has posted his Star BM before, it's nice. Basically a Spanish 1911 with some incompatibilities iirc. Neat piece of history to have if milsurp.

Mine was shit, the barrel link broke after firing the first mag through the gun. Don't spend over $200 on one.

I had a Firestar given to me when I was REAL young. Absolute shit, but it was entertaining at the least. Trigger was god-awful, the parts fitting was garbage, accuracy was sub-par.

In your shoes, if you're not buying it out of novelty (because you won't find parts for these things at large) then you're doing yourself a disservice.

I shot my buddies star bm today, it was pretty solid, easy to shoot, and didn’t have a garbage trigger. But just like any other milsurp gun, there are generally irregularities, like user said don’t pay over 200, at least for that price if you get a lemon at least you have something neat to show for it or just have fun to shoot every now and then.

$250

I will see if I can knock it down to $200 or less.

Honestly 250 still isn’t bad. Like you said, try talking them down, if they bite then good for you.

I got one for 200ish. It's been around the block because it's an old well used surplus pistol but it's pretty accurate, trigger is ok, and the action is smooth.
I did have a couple FTE issues but that could have just been due to the off brand ammo I was using. I am planning on getting multiple types to test and can post the result here if desired.
At the end of the day it being a very used firearm will create inconsistencies as pointed out because everyone buying one might as well be getting a different gun. For the current price I'd say they are worth the value though. Neat historical piece and I doubt there will be many of them in the future after the surplus dries up. Apex still has some inexpensive parts, get em while you can to be safe.

Attached: IMG_20180617_053027381.jpg (640x480, 65K)

They're not bad.

If it's in 9mm Luger, I think that's a good price.
Does it come with any magazines?

pistol and one spare mag in 9mm

I owned a Star BM before I sold it to get my P38.
Solid gun, but one of the mags jammed a lot.
They're cheap but they work, like a Hi-point.

Attached: image.jpg (3024x1901, 748K)

Some of the magazines were converted from 9mm Largo, not always well.

They are going to dry up and go up in value like any other surplus. That's pretty much the reason that you've heard a lot recently

Love the shit out of my firestar and I've heard a lot of good things about the bm

Attached: 2018-06-17 13.35.27.jpg (1885x1060, 503K)

I've got two Star Model B's, one wartime and one postwar. They are good shooters but I would not trust them with +P loads. They look like an M1911 externally but are slightly scaled down. The barrel and bushing setup are direct copies of the M1911 design but he trigger linkage, hammer and safety are completely different. It has no interchangeable parts with an M1911.

Here's a photo of the postwar model. It was a German police gun which came with the holster and two magazines. The small parts and magazines are all serialed to the gun but these were added as part of the German contract - Star magazines are not typically serial numbered.

Attached: IMG_1548.jpg (4272x2848, 1.46M)

I want a megastar 10mm

They are ok in construction, but parts are nonexistent and very little will interchange with 1911's. Not mags not grips, nothing.

Interesting the trigger is what makes the 1911 so good. Hows it compare? Still nice and crispy or is an abortion like the BHP?

Pic related

Attached: wm_5994646.jpg (3264x2448, 920K)

The trigger is hinged at the top, you can spot the trigger pin just below the slide lock lever.

I'd liken the trigger more to a P.38 than a M1911 or Hi-Power. Nowhere near as mushy as a Hi-Power with the magazine safety present but also not as crisp and distinct as the M1911's stirrup arrangement.

This is the trigger bar on my wartime Star B. This one had been reblued at some point, as evidenced by the plum color on the hammer and trigger bar.

Attached: IMG_2194.jpg (1600x1200, 190K)

They are OK. For the most part they work, they really need to be ran smothered in lube. They are made by the Spanish and in general Spanish people are dumb and lazy. 250 is too much

fuck you Waingro