Best budget 1911? (Under $1000, Under $600?) pic CERTAINLY not related

Best budget 1911? (Under $1000, Under $600?) pic CERTAINLY not related.

Attached: image.jpg (1800x1164, 636K)

RIA if you want the cheapest, Auto Ordinance if you want a step up in quality.

I hear the Springfields are nice

RIA has a 10mm 1911 for

Any specific Springfield model or just in general?

Don't fucking buy from these anti-gun faggots.

Auto Ordinance is good. If you want to go maximum poorfag, ATI is the bare minimum.

I had a NM serial (USA machined) GI.
Thing was an absolute beauty.
I could make half dollar size groups at 30 yards with it which is about my max skill level with handguns.
Got it for 550 used.
I refuse to buy any chink shit Philippine trash.

I also owned a Para GI Expert for a while, it got stolen.
Was a GREAT shooter as well, but overall fit and finish, as well as trigger quality has to go to Springfield.

How Is Springfield anti-gun?

Tried to lobby for anti-gun legislation in their home state while exempting themselves.

Get a famas. Theyre like 200 buckaroos.

>Under $1000
Colt Competition
>Under $600
Auto Ordnance

I bought my Colt recently for $700. If the name doesn't matter to you, then I'd recommend checking out Rock Island. I believe they go for like 4 or $500.

Attached: IMG_1167.jpg (3264x2448, 1.59M)

Dont get an Auto Ordinance. I did a little research on those, and a gunsmith said that those things came in all the time with problems. Something about the slide being too soft.

Rock Island Armory my dude.
Get the Tactical, the GI has welded sites

How does a Colt Competition compare to something like a Ruger SR, Springfield Loaded, or Para Elite?
I just want to know what I should expect from adding on the extra 100 or 200 for the Colt aside from having a bigger hole in my wallet.

>don't do x because some guy I don't know very well provided anecdotal evidence that the product was inferior to something else

B-b-but desu, what about a Century vs Arsenal?

Well you get a little pony on the side of the gun, that’s all Colt really offers, gun may or may not work

Contrary to popular belief, you're not just paying the "Pony Tax".
The main differences between a Colt and a similarly equipped Springfield are that the Colt will usually have a nicer finish and that Colt uses a hand-fitted and tuned tool steel extractor compared to most others using spring steel extractors. Both of those add labor time and, thus, cost.

B-but Colt sucks Jow Forums told me so

They have sucked in the past and they will suck again (probably soon, given their financial troubles), but when they do have problems they're usually easy to fix, unlike Kimber, which has improperly fitted barrels as a design feature on nearly all of their catalog.

TISAS > RIA.
Not even kidding. I own one and it's solid.

Attached: 20140116_174706.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

It's called buying used, you dip shit.

Depends on what you want.

USGI type? RIA if you're dirt cheap, Springfield if you don't want to worry about a lemon.

Loaded? Springfield is the easy answer. Ruger, but they can be a little hit and miss sometimes.

Attached: 002.jpg (1382x777, 770K)

That's bullshit.

GI replica ATI Govt, 5" barrel, in 45 ACP cost me $350 at Bud's. It shoots better than I do. Beautiful parkerization and grips, no failures after first trip to the range shooting white box FMJ.

The only mark against it is the manufacturer does not say anything about +P.

Maybe it can handle the pressure, maybe not. I don't care, as I don't shoot +P. 45ACP +P pressures are only slightly higher than normal rounds due to case limitations, and the extra speed is hardly worth it in such a big slow round anyway. Would rather load hard cast lead to standard pressure anyway. If you want to shoot +P properly, get a 10mm or a big bore revolver.

Attached: bestfoodgroups.jpg (2000x1125, 504K)

parts

Attached: bestgripstrip.jpg (1500x3371, 688K)

Colt extractors are good material, but not tuned at all. I’ve had to shape and tune the extractor in every Colt I’ve owned.

Most 1911 manufacturers are just dropping parts in these days.

controls side

Attached: bestbelt.jpg (1542x1112, 257K)

Since this is a 1911 thread, might as well ask it. I've only put about 28 rounds through my new Colt. I've used some cheap Monarch FMJ every time. With every mag, I've had at least 1 or 2 rounds to not fully go into battery. Is it just the cheap ammo or needs to be broken in?

Extractor is probably out of tune.

How do you check and adjust that?

Your mitts. Bend that shit nigga.

Metro Arms stainless 1911. Superb trigger and sights out of the box, and spend less on cleaning supplies.

Attached: 61671_2.jpg (1000x741, 322K)

Maybe the older 1911s from before the buyout but certainly not the new ones.

>business tried to use government to grant itself a monopoly
As long as you statist cocksuckers allow government to exist, this is what will happen.

Under or around $1000 I’d probably say Colt. The competition model looks good and I’ve had very good results with my Combat Elite I bought a few years ago for a hair under $1000. It’s shooting under 2” at 25yds with decent ammo if I do my part and has been very reliable. I’m itching to get something from Wilson, but don’t have the coin for it right now.

Attached: 1DD835FB-87C6-4716-8BEF-1CB76047B37A.jpg (900x582, 70K)

anyone own a Dan Wesson Valor and care to comment on it? I own an old 715 and couldn't be happier with it but the name does little for me with CZ at the helm

Check it by field stripping it and sliding a live round under the extractor. Give the slide a shake and the round should rattle around, but not fall out.

If it doesn't rattle at all, remove the extractor and insert it backwards with a 90 degree offset with the claw facing up. With the slid on a flat surface, push down on the extractor to bend. Reinstall and retest. Repeat until you achieve the desired result.