Is it right to take dog tags as trophies?

I see that there are a lot of soldiers on here so I was wondering. Do you take dog tags as trophies or do you leave them. If you do take them do you feel right about it. I just turned this into a ask redit but I want straight answers

Attached: 97734FA6-7352-42E0-9407-B3B2046FF540.jpg (750x716, 326K)

>38292926
fuck off kid

Leave them, it is disrespectful to the dead, even if enemies, to take the personal effects of a dead soldier. Their families deserve to know their fate upon the battlefield for closure.

I found some brotherhood holotags. what should i do with them?

Melt them down and build a huge dick. Those fuckers don't deserve shit much less respect.

Stuff issued to them like uniforms, weapons, medical supplies, unit stuff like standards/banners, and maybe even decorations are fair game.
Personal stuff like body parts, wedding rings, watches, photos, and anything else to help identify them, should be left alone. Don't prevent them from being properly identified so their family can be notified and given closure.

As long as there’s a form of identification and you’re not causing defilement of the corpse. It’s not different than taking a war trophy off them

It's wrong to take trophies period. Respect the dead.

Well the Taliban didnt wear dogtags, but I took their wool cloaks or haji rags once or twice. Much more useful than a dogtag, and I like knowing that when I wear a "shemagh" type scarf, im better than every larping faggot or trendy hipster faggot who bought a shitty chinkmade one on amazon, because mines real and came from a dead guy.

Wanted a pair of those stupid looking leather sandals too, but none ever fit me.

lmao this nigger

>kill guy
>uh oh don't disrespect him now everyone

lol

Go fuck yourself. Sure, everyone hates those goat fuckers lobbing mortars at the FOB but a lot of those guys have been fighting longer than we've been old enough to drive. They've been fighting foreign armies for generations. You bet your ass they deserve some respect, even when we're killing them.

>families deserve to know their fate
leave tag

Have we fought anyone in the past 60-70 years who actually wore dog tags?

No one I ever killed wore any.

I think you'll find all the ones they wear are also made in china.

They are mostly dumb fucking savages but they are very good at what they do.

cuba?

No, most of their shit was made in pakistan. Dont know about the sandals though, those probably are.

>humanizing brown people

Haze yourself, faggot

Dog tags usually come as a set. You may take one for the purpose of notifying the enemy of a soldiers death and his location. The other should be left with the soldiers body.
Not as a trophy
Example: my squad kills two Canadian soldiers on patrol. Take one tag from each body, make a note of your 8 digit location. Bury bodies of time permits. Send tags and location to your S2 or possibly S9. You’d want your body found and returned if you died

>are they signatories to the hague conventions? If not, they don't deserve shit.

Holy shit, the absolute STATE of the military. Glad I got the fuck out before faggots who unironically think like this graduated high school. This is right up there with "I dont have a problem with women in the infantry, as long as they meet the (stupid baby tier) standards" retardation.

>Killed a nigger
>i shall take his power by emboding his ways
Nigger

I take legion ears instead

Geddit? Legionaires!

M A X I M U M E D G E

Attached: 1529225082048.jpg (280x373, 13K)

... scored a nice Seiko divers watch of an Iraqi back in 07. He had no use for it.

t. Girly-Man Faggot who joined the military after he saw the foreign aid commercial, not the cool ass 90s lava monster one.

No, but I did get called a libtard for saying that it wasn't misuse of the Nat. Guard to be used for domestic disaster relief.

I got some retard Iraqi's beret. Doesnt fit me though, tiny headed niggers.

reeee fuck you bos is best

sell them to proctor teagan

>not taking the enemies' water for yourself

How the fuck am I supposed to keep my water in good supply?

Lol. It was a pain in the dick getting villages to accept their dead.

>see goat fucking dude bro burrying a bomb
>kill goat fucking dude bro as he tries to escape
>take body to nearest village's elder
>"lol sorry not sorry, but here's his body for his family to bury"
>"Allah be praised you killed this Alibaba! He does not belong to us though, try - next village -"
>same story everywhere, its a goose chase
>this continues for every goat fucker killed
>crazy woman complaining that their males are disappearing and its the US stealing them and putting them into BLACK OP SITES
>show this crazy chicks brother pictures of dudes we've been slaying
>"omfg, that's my cousin, oh Allah where is his body? "
>inform them village elder didn't recognize body
>new method of body identification was dropping Bradley ramp in middle of town and dragging body out, if everyone gasped you knew he belonged to that village

Turns out village elders were feigning not knowing the guy because they didn't want to be the town associated as harboring terrorists and have the extra attention, other elders did it because they remember stories of Russians destroying the entire town when it was found out an enemy combatant was from there.

What battlefield has taught me is that you must always attempt to take your enemy's dog tag. They're collectibles like marbles and the larger collection you have, the better.
Then you can show off to other people only to realise that they have more. You need to kill more people.

>Turns out village elders were feigning not knowing the guy because they didn't want to be the town associated as harboring terrorists and have the extra attention, other elders did it because they remember stories of Russians destroying the entire town when it was found out an enemy combatant was from there.
That's actually pretty sad.

Jeez, why are Russians so brutal?
It seems they do this kind of thing in every war.

Super duper kekarooper

Because war is Hell. Nothing about it is nice or sane.

Does the US even fight enemies that issue dog tags anymore?

Mostly agree but I'd say watches are downright traditional to loot off the dead.

i hate faggots likeyou watch to much movies

it's cool to take take stuff from smn.

look at ww2, they collected skulls from japs and pistols, fotos, medals from the germans.

why should anyone give a fuck

collecting korans or jewelry from dead terrorists sounds rad

>muh respect!!!!

u r gay faget

Attached: 1528043120782.jpg (1368x1026, 173K)

fotos pls

i love souvenirs/trophies

>If you do take them do you feel right about it.

Are you retarded? Where do you think people with ID tagged soldiers are fighting each other?

Anything but the tag is fair game. The body should be identified.

fair, their brutality is sorta admirable I guess, but nonetheless, what is the reason they're so much more willing to fight a total war than other european types?
like americans and germans and frenchies and brits and ect. don't do the same thing

This post is best post.

do not take pantsu, it's creepy.

They've fought two ideological total wars on their own territory, that sort of thing tends to be remembered.

Fuck'em. If they were worth respect I wouldn't have to kill them. Take the time to shoot them, take the time to loot them.

Found the edgy cawwaduty deployments.

Or Marines.

I heard marines in WWII took skulls, teeth, ears, ect.

I agree, to an extent. Ears and scalps are fair game.

>hey guiz im new here how do i respond to the opie?

The Iraqi conventional army
Well, they were supposed to be wearing them, at least. Arab armies aren't known for their uniform and pii discipline.

faggot army guys were making ear necklaces as recent as afghan.

you just refuse to acknowledge history. Trophies are as old as war itself you idiot.

So did Germany and France, but how do you explain them?

France? And Germany fought such a war only once. I think you underestimate how brutal the Civil War and the Great Patriotic War were.

>slavs
>human

Story time.
>be going through customs in Manas on our way out from afghanistan.
>one of the weirdos is acting funny and mumbling while answering the simple questions as the customs dude is going through his bags.
>look closely at him, just in time to see something yellow fall out of his mouth
>he literally spaghettis human teeth all over the concrete floor
>room is silent
>homeboy is whisked away with all his stuff and extra teeth to a back room
Turns out that idiot thought the best way the smuggle home the teeth he had been collecting was in his mouth, rather then literally anywhere else. He was chaptered for another discipline issue shortly after we got home. 2010 was wild man.

turbo autist literally sucking muslim teeth

Attached: 1528073917407.jpg (299x322, 40K)

cause the Russians understand that war is inhumane at its core. and that if you try to brimg humanity to it. you'll lose

Stopping people from dying of exposure like GOD INTENDED is LITERALLY COMMUNISM. YOU SHOULD BE SHOT AS A TRAITOR for even THINKING that my brave American tax dollars should feed some NIGGER family from louisiana who ANGERED GOD with their ABORTIONS enough for him to SMITE them with a HURRICANE.

It must be true, my pastor told me after I blessed him with $1000 last weekend

I will stop taking dogtags when I have my own scale armour shirt made of them

Attached: AH-3857.png (850x850, 279K)

Gross. I'd be afraid of disease n shit from those nasty ass teeth in my mouth. Can't imagine haji hygiene is very good. If I couldn't find a spot to hide them, just pitch em

>seiko
>nice

Do the ATF collect dog tags?

Attached: 1485160992144.jpg (980x552, 198K)

>dog tags
>dog

I see what you did there

Attached: 1496343685449.jpg (600x600, 90K)

I was unaware that sand people used dogtags.

>other elders did it because they remember stories of Russians destroying the entire town when it was found out an enemy combatant was from there.
absolutely based.

as the battalion rabbi I only collect foreskins

aren't you fucking perceptive

Dad was sent to Germany late '45 after war. Trophies everywhere. Have a bag of stuff he got from combat vets. Nazi medals, ID's, personal items like cigarette holders, watches, pocket knives. Said they told himthey would empty pockets and take all dead guys shit.

Hell did I start here

Statues of people made of teeth dot jay peg

take his heart, gain an additional soul guarding your tomb

>showing respect to people that will send literal 6 year olds to shoot at you because they don't think you'll shoot back
>showing respect to people that are trying to kill you simply because you exist
>showing respect to brown people

shiggydiggy

Attached: 1529103844352.jpg (1200x808, 270K)

Ooga booga stay mad nigger

Summer
Gamers
OUT!

My grandpa was a paratrooper in the South Pacific during WW2. He brought back a few things, including a collar rank tab, a signature stamp, belt buckle, coins and a piece of a Jap Zero that crash landed near his machinegun nest (he later turned that into a ring while he was in school to be a machinist). All of those were left to me since I was the only grandson that joined up after 9/11 and went to war. I don't know if he took dog tags, but I also don't know if the Japs even had them.

I brought home a handful of souvenirs from Iraq & Afghanistan, but since Haji didn't wear dog tags I obviously didn't collect any. If they had, I would have left them. Let the enemy identify their dead and return them to their families. Whether they hate me or not I don't care.

Despite my reservations on hypothetical dog tags, we turned over any identifying documents to S-2 (intel), some included IDs from middle east countries outside of Iraq & Afghanistan, but I understood why I was doing it.

In reality, I know that if my grandpa had died and the Japs got a hold of his body they would have desecrated the shit out of it and looted it all to fuck. Just like what my enemies would have done to mine. I would at least hope that my tags would have gone home to my family, but if not then that's why they keep a DNA sample and dental records on file in Hawaii. But that's also partly why I didn't bring any personal items with me outside the wire. The idea of my wedding ring being sold in a Kandahar Bazaar was enough for me to invest in a safety deposit box.

> simply because you exist
more like because you are invading their country because of some jewish trickery desu

You don't own the board buddy, we are not leaving.

OP, imagine you just died somewhere far overseas. Nobody could identify your body because some shithead decided to take your ID tags cause it's cool and edgy. You're marked MIA and your family will live the rest of their lives wondering what happened to you. No. You should never take someone's dogtags as a fucking trophy.

>Implying it's not both of these

OP, imagine you just died somewhere far overseas. Nobody could identify your body because you were mangled and some giggling shitheel decided to take your ID tags cause it's totally cool and edgy. You're marked MIA and your family will live the rest of their lives wondering what happened to you. No. You should never take someone's dogtags as a fucking trophy.

Attached: 1527551207409.png (500x448, 262K)

You are not the enemy, to think of yourself as the enemy is weakness.
The more fear, despair and doubt you can soil among their ranks the better.

Oh, so you want your buddies to hate you and the enemy execute you for being a malicious faggot if they ever capture you? Good plan, Mohamed.

>you'd want your body found and returned
No, because I'm not retarded. What the fuck is with you retards and your attachment to your meatshell?

There was a unit of edgelords with that attitude in WWII. I wonder what ever happened to them.

Attached: 5636.jpg (513x800, 67K)

Yeah because nicking someones shit after they did is a great way to inspire fear. You're not the terror of the battlefield for picking over a corpse, you're just a vulture.

Now if you crucify a few disemboweled bodies.. now we're talking.

>Le edge.
Opinion discarded, normie.

Oh, you're just genuinely retarded then. You have a nice day sheep dawg, those grunts are just jealous of you and your prestigious position.

> your buddies to hate you.
The absolute state of modern armies, only cucks think of the enemy of anything more than targets.
>Mohammed.
I am a pagan not a muslim, but we should treat the enemy with thrice the cruelty they treat us.
Also
>Not wanting to be executed so you can die a honorable death.

>If you call me out on my normie bullshit ur rarted.

>mfw people like Rommel and Patton would have thought you were scum of the earth.

Attached: 1253011176608.jpg (423x265, 19K)

Taking a blind stab at your loyalties here, but you wouldn't be slightly upset if the allies absolutely fucking mutilated German bodies and left them hanging in the public square?
>can't make an actual argument so just calls opponent a normie

Good man. Would gladly loot and pillage with you.

Never did any bda, so no booty.:(

Unirocally this; except the christcuck bit.

>MFW you suck dead men's cocks

You stupid nigger, I've watched hundreds of them die in real time. Many of them were barely teens. Only fucking one Afghan ever came back for his wounded. ONE. They are not human and certainly not worthy of respect.