Kar98k

Are they still in production? Is their ammunition easily available?

What's the average price range? Asking as a newfag.

Attached: K98k.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mauser.com/en/m98.html
sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-round-box-8mm-mauser-prvi-partizan-200-grain-fmj-match-ammo-ppm8
ruger.com/products/scoutRifle/specSheets/6803.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-6IDbi3wbRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mauser.com/en/m98.html

I think they made a small batch of k98k replicas a decade or two ago, but those must be very, very expensive.

There are of course other manufacturers that still make guns with basically the same action

Fuck your shitty old bolt gun. It has never been a better time to buy an AR 15. Ar 15s are better in just about every way
>Lighter
>Semi auto
>Detachable mags
>More accurate
>ammo is easier to find
>less recoil so you don't flinch
>Looks better
I suggest you head over to /arg/ and we can answer more of your questions

Attached: 2CFWiIM.jpg (600x315, 24K)

8mm ammo used to be surplus and everywhere. Same time that Mosin Nagants were $99.

Now... 8mm is expensive and hard to find..

Not the best time to buy surplus.... or it might be.... as it has always gotten worse.

Attached: 94487_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 127K)

>Lighter
weak faggots will not be allowed to produce
>Semi auto
not taking well thought out and presise shots
>More accurate
no, your dumb
>ammo is easier to find
yes and fat people are easier to find than power lifters
>less recoil so you don't flinch
see first
>Looks better
is this what ameritards like now

Sad to hear really, always wanted that rifle, or at least an StG 44 or an M1.

I don't want the gun to be tempered for me. I want the gun to temper me.

If its ammo is only found as surplus and not as in production rounds, probably better off not buying it.

sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/20-round-box-8mm-mauser-prvi-partizan-200-grain-fmj-match-ammo-ppm8

Prvi still makes factory new.

I was just referring to the point that the 8mm surplus used to be great. You could get a spam can or bandoleer full of the stuff. The surplus is gone and only modern commercial is around now. 7.62x54R is going the same way... I used to buy it cheap in spam cans now..it's slow drying up... hopefully it comes back.

Not in production. At least not the 98K military version. There are tons of modern bolt-action rifles built off the Mauser 98 action.

If you want a military one it's easier to buy surplus. German ones are expensive but post-war Yugoslavian ones are pretty close in design and much cheaper. Same caliber too.

8mm Mauser is pretty expensive nowadays. You can still find some surplus ammo secondhand but for the most part you'll be shooting modern commercial ammunition. It's good quality but nearly a dollar per trigger pull.

Is there a particular reason you want a K98k specifically? There's lots of other good rifles out there. Swede mausers, K31s, Mosins, M39s, Ishapore 2As, Spanish FR-8s. That's just surplus too, if you go modern a cheap .308 hunting rifle like a Howa 1500 will shoot circles around most of those and will be cheaper to feed.

The Kar98 is the first weapon that came to mind and the only I could reference. Though any other that has the same design and serve the same function would suffice. I've taken the Nagant too into consideration. If any of those rifles you've previously mentioned are widely available with affordable ammunition then I wouldn't mind purchasing them instead. As for modern bolt action rifles, I'm not so fond of them as I am of those with the WWII-Cold War design.

Tons of hunting rifles use a mauser action.

>Affordable ammo
Remington 700 chambered for .223 rem.
Alternatively .308

If you want an older look there are probably tons of reproductions in 308.

the 700 isn't a mauser action

I own an AR but you forgot to add
>weak anemic round
>boring as fuck to look at
>boring as fuck to shoot
>makes a loud piercing shrill noise instead of a nice aesthetically pleasing *BOOM*
>no wiggly stick to fiddle with in between shots

IF you want the feel of a milsurp gun but with modern easier to find ammo get this,

ruger.com/products/scoutRifle/specSheets/6803.html

My friend has one and it's really fun to shoot, handles recoil surprisingly well.

Look into Israeli conversions or Russian Captures, it sounds like you would be better off going with a RC though, they have the Eagle and all on them still, and of course they all fought on the Eastern Front, so the history is there for you.

RCs are also rechambered in most cases too

youtube.com/watch?v=-6IDbi3wbRg

Shitty bait

Sellier & Bellot also does and it's mostly better quality than Prvi in my experience.

Attached: IMG_20180520_180038.jpg (3695x2772, 3.93M)

It's heavily derived from one. It's similar to how a Galil is derived form an AK.

the springfield and the arisaka were derived from the mauser but the 700 has tons of differences. it doesn't even have a claw extractor.

>It's heavily derived from one.
No, it's descended from one, however it retains only a few traits of its ancestor like dual forward-mounted opposing locking lugs, threaded bolt shroud, and firing pin/cocking piece interaction. No more 98 3-position safety, no anti-rotation detent on the bolt shroud, no non-rotating claw extractor, no fixed ejector lever.

Mauser 98 -> Model 1917 Enfield -> Remington Model 30 -> Remington Model 720 -> Remington Model 721 -> Remington Model 700.

Attached: German_Schutztruppe_colonial_soldier_on_horseback_German_South-West_Africa_circa_1910_note_Gew98_Mau (768x1024, 591K)

>WWII - Cold War
You know the 98 in 98k means 1898.
And that cold war design essentially means you would be looking at a rifle similar to the ar15

M24/47s and M48s are still fairly cheap and available. If you want something even closer to the K98k look, the Czechs made/rebuilt a bunch of German K98ks post war. They tend to be cheaper because they don't have swastikas, but they are made from primarily German parts. Or, as suggested, Russian Captures are cheaper. They tend to be a bit beaten up, slathered in cosmoline, and are non-matching, but mechanically they should be fine. Israeli K98ks are on the rarer side and tend to be in pretty poor condition, but they are rechambered to 7.62 NATO, so feeding them will be a bit cheaper.

Ammo is generally available, and it's not expensive for a full-size rifle round of the era. 70 cpr is pretty reasonable for 8mm, .303, etc.

You know what he meant.
The only bolt-action infantry rifle I can think of that was designed in the Cold War was the Madsen M47.

Attached: K98k RC Stock 2.jpg (3700x996, 1.87M)