ITT: Write a review about your current and/or past duty stations

ITT: Write a review about your current and/or past duty stations

>Fort Richardson
>Anchorage, AK
>Terrific base, thought I would hate it here. Plenty to do in Anchorage and gives that small town vibe while also being city. 30 minutes outside of Anchorage there is a fuckload to do with the beautiful scenery
>good DFAC on base
>summers here are the best kept secret in the Army

the bad
>PT in the winter can sometimes be brutal
>constant winter twilight can fuck you up if you are a barracks rat
>moose and bears on base
>field can be hit or miss but at least you almost never sweat up here

Attached: duty-station.jpg (600x594, 76K)

reminder for faggots: OPSEC

chinese are everywhere.

Attached: bugssmug.jpg (720x960, 171K)

I grew up a couple blocks from Richardson. I miss alaska...

is that a shot from Lost Highway?

Anyone got a review on Polk ?

it's shit, avoid. cold af. do whatever you mean to do there and keep it moving.

Current: Ft. Bragg

>gay
>82nd folks are annoying
>weather sucks
>NC gun laws are strange
>Fayetteville sucks
>nohs

But:

>hunting and fishing in NC is rad
>Bragg footprint has extremely well developed shooting community
>PatMac, Mr. Guns n Gear, and Snickers are around
>Raidon Tactics

Prior: McClellan

>weather is a bitch
>locals are nigs and college kids
>not too much going on

But:

>Bama gun laws are gucci
>Hunting and fishing galore
>Heroes (great bar)
>18 y/o college poon
>Talladega National Forest/Cheaha Mts.

>ft. Leonard Wood
good:
>Ozarks are amazing in the spring
>lots of hunting, fishing, and innawoods
>Big Louie's was lit

the bad
>literally everything related to TRADOC
>Waynesville has an even lower population than the base
>PX sucked
>housing was shit
>B's were lined with asbestos from the 60s
>leadership was apathetic at best

overall, 6/10

>Camp Casey Korea
>shitty barracks
>all Army women are Queens for a year
>nothing to do but drink
>go to the field
>go to the field
>freeze
>summer
>it rains
>go to the field
>wet for three weeks
>get prickly heat
>365 days later catch the freedom bird
shit sucked yo

Current: Fort Bliss

The good:
- desert has plenty of shooting opportunities, no need for ranges
-hiking in the area is good
-good food
-freedom crossing on main post is actually really nice

The bad:
-housing sucks
-high crime rate, the worst part of going to the field is leaving my wife in this garbage neighborhood
-1AD sucks ass
-fuck mech infantry
-the desert sucks to live in, we miss trees and grass
-far as fuck from anywhere

Previous: Fort Stewart

The good:
-Savannah Beaufort and Charleston are all nearby
-Amazing sea food
-The area is beautiful, I love the South
-3ID was honestly a good unit
-trees, grass
-low crime

The bad:
-lots of field time

Should have signed the dec statement

Sounds like a marine paradise
t.civ

Current:
>NAS Whidbey Island
>Oak Harbor, WA
Pros:
>small, not as uptight as East Coast Navy
>Naval Aviation duty is already chill as fuck
>/out/ as fuck, beautiful place to fish, hike, boat, etc.
>very quaint small town vibe
Cons:
>pretty remote, either have to drive way out of your way to get to nearest city or pay for the ferry which wouldn't be too bad but sometimes you need to buy something that the island doesn't have
>if your married only choice for housing you really have is Hunt i.e. the H.O.A. from hell since the island is pretty small and alot of Hawaiian sailors got re-stationed here and bought up all the good housing, "you need to" register guns with base even though housing is off base
>Jet noise every 30 seconds. Patriotic as fuck, but annoying if you have a newborn.
>probably haunted, lots of suicides

All in all I really like it. Deployments are also pretty cushy.

Past:
NAS Jax
>just cushy as fuck, great for fishing, lots of stuff to do, pro-fun state
TSC Great Lakes
>I would rather of just gone in PAC than be here for a year

Attached: hiking-in-and-around.jpg (338x450, 54K)

Burger? Is that u

Fellow blissfag
>Fuck 1AD
>East side barracks are nice af tho
>nothing to do in El Paso except eat and get drunk
>desert sucks
Where do you go to shoot? Only been to red sands and its meh. No good distances i could find there.

31.766564, -106.152923

This is where I go, not sure how far you’re looking to shoot but this is just a big pit out by Montana

What are the policies for keeping guns on base? I've heard they can be a pain in the ass, like having to get signed permission to take them out of the armory every time.

Register and armory. I just keep mine off post.

I’m pretty sure for barracks guys it’s like that, keep them in the company arms room which is trash. I’m married so I don’t have to worry about it

Ill have to check it out when i get back thanks man

I'm going to Ft. Sill in July, anyone have experience being there?

Did tech school at Leonardwood, had a great time, head from army and Air Force bitches, area was cool and generally had a blast. Got outta there with: 0 wife/kids, 0 article 15s, 0 shitty tats, and 0 VD

Thoughts on Vicenza, ITaly?

ayyyyyy they told us not to, but it was so easy to hook up with the Air Force and Marine females.
Only the CBRN and MP ones though. Even for Air Force, the Engineers and Motor T were nasty...

NAS Corpus Christi
>Texas, so good food
>Texas A&M satellite campus is right next to base, so if I was brave enough to talk to women I'm sure there would be plenty of opportunities to get laid
>great options for housing. $800 a month for a studio apartment, all utilities included, means I get to pocket an extra $700 per month from bah
>Hotspot for spring break and holidays
>weather sucks ass
>slow internet speeds

Ft Riley
pro
>college poon
>nice and cheap bar scene
>Manhattan is nearby which has a small mall, boutique shops and resturaunts
>junction city has everything you need, no real reason to go to Manhattan if you can't be assed to drive 15 minutes
>Kansas City is an hour away
>great hunting, fishing, boating
>constitutional carry

Neg
>everyone commits suicide, literally every other month
>1id leadership is largely trash
>optempo of abct
>13 month garrison to 9 month "deployment" (ie, bullshit training rotation)
>other than Kansas city there's no civilization
>renting market is disgustingly marked up
>cold as fuck in winter because of wind
>hot as fuck in summer with stupid high humidity

>Anchorage
>small town vibe

Nigger have you ever been to a small town? Anchorage is a bloated urban shithole, worst fucking place in Alaska besides the skraeling containment villages

Seattle
pro:
>downtown seattle
>3 blocks from huge parties and concerts
>3 blocks away from football
>walking distance from great food
>lots of women and microbrew
>30 minutes from innawoods

cons:
>hippies
>homeless
>DUD WEED LMAO
>antifa
>soibois
>30 minutes from innawoods

Attached: coast guard seattle.jpg (1024x683, 446K)

it’s gay

Attached: BaseSeattleAerial.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

This. I prefer Fairbanks to Anchorage.
You read that right. Fairbanks is better than Anchorage.
I just wish the units would switch places.

Fort Gordon
good:
>can escape to the woods quickly
bad:
>woods are swamp anywhere south of here
>fuck golf
>the percentage of Augusta that is white are all on post or extravagantly wealthy golf fags
>2+ hours to Atlanta or Savannah
>LGS kinda suck
>heat index said 106 degrees today
fuck this place

Attached: 1526061492323.jpg (714x1040, 240K)

Yeah as a chair force Motor Tard, I can say that 99% percent of our females are untouchable.

>MCAS Futenma, Okinawa, 1998
>buy me drinky girls
>24 hour music stores with unlicensed stuff from China
>chow hall had lobster and shrimp every Friday

>NAS Atlanta, 2000
>blacks and rednecks everywhere
>chow hall sucked but the bowling alley had bowling alley food
>not enough space in the barracks so E-3 and above could live of base

Fort Campbell, KY

The Good
>Air Assault School
>God Tier Gun Rights in KY & TN
>Plenty of woods to go inna
>Rock climbing
>Nashville is fun when you first get there
>Less than 30 minutes to LBL
>Conservative college chicks nearby
>High quality gyms
>PX is good

The bad
>Loads of unit runs (Division runs, Battalion Runs, Brigade Runs, etc.)
>Lots of time in the field
>Clarksville and Oak Grove are shit
>On base housing sucks
>On base hospital is notorious for being shitty
>Predatory businesses everywhere
>Local cops don't give warnings to soldiers. They throw the book for everything from speeding to drunk in public (without starting problems)
>Not much to do in the area
>Nashville gets really fucking old after 3 months
>locals hate soldiers thanks to all the thugaboos

Fort Lewis / McChord AFB / JBLM, WA

The Good
>Beautiful area
>American Lake is awesome
>Lots to do
>Great on base housing
>Not one but TWO big PXs
>Most locals like the soldiers
>Good living conditions off base
>Seattle within an hour drive (concerts, sports events, bars, college parties, parks, zoos, aquariums, shit to do, festivals, etc.)
>Olympia within 15 minutes (concerts, bars, college parties, shit to do)
>Tacoma within 15 minutes (concerts, bars, parties, huge parks, zoos, aquariums, shit to do - just avoid the bad neighborhoods)
>Portland, OR within 1.5 hours (concerts, bars, strip club capital, parks, hot chicks that are turned on by soldiers, college parties, shit to do)
>Hiking everywhere (2 mountain ranges, national and state parks all over the place)
>Boating (including kayak & boat rentals on post)
>MAC flight hub to Hawaii, Alaska and Japan
>Shopettes everywhere on post. There are hidden shopettes, it's like a videogame achievement when you find them all.
>Awesome Surplus Stores (If you love milsurp, you're in the perfect area)

The Bad
>Californians are taking over WA (and trying to bring their laws with them)
>Liberals are ever encroaching on gun rights
>Horribly Gerrymandered to the left despite being a mostly conservative state.
>Avoid Evergreen State University (Extreme Commie Liberals)
>I-5 traffic
>Some bad areas in Tacoma (although it's getting better)
>Tillicum (AKA Tillicompton)
>Protestors travel from Evergreen & Seattle to be douchebags outside the gates
>Yakima Training Center (You will drive in a convoy to the other side of the state to train in an area that resembles Afghanistan. The highlight of this post is a large grass field and there is a single shopette. People have been stationed here full time as punishment)
>Rainy winters, occasional snow
>Legal marijuana means you're going to be constantly drug tested.
>Scotchbroom everywhere
>Meth labs are commonly found in the training areas.

Baumholder, Germany

The good
>Close to the center of Europe makes travel easy
>Take the train everywhere
>German women
>German food
>Can walk most places
>Always something to do (castles in every direction, Breweries, Mosel & Rhine wine regions, cities, towns, it's amazing)
>K-town is very soldier friendly
>Legal prostitution
>Ramstein AFB has a fuckhuge PX
>American females are easy as fuck due to heavy competition from locals

The Bad
>No train station in Baumholder, have to drive
>Most locals hate soldiers
>Predatory Taxi Drivers
>Steep, long hills will either kill you or make you a great runner
>Nothing to do on post
>Dependas are worse here than anywhere else in the Army
>Shitty bars in immediate town outside gate (with two exceptions if they're still open)
>Turks & Muslims shitting up the place
>No-go areas
>Hard as fuck to get a gun legally (easy to do illegally if you know the right people)
>Everyone speaks German, you better learn it before you go or they'll use it to your disadvantage.
>PX is the size of a shopette
>Almost completely a POG post now. Used to be a mechanized infantry unit (170th Brigade, 1st Armored, 8th Infantry were all here). Can still get stationed here if EOD, transportation or supply.

Out of everywhere I ever went, I miss this place the most.

Also Good - There is an underground network of tunnels that run all over the base. The military tried closing them off, but it's easy to get into. Swear to god this place is fucking haunted.

Former Duty Station 29 palms

The sight of light glinting off of water in the shimmering heat of a 115 degree day would provide an awe inspiring vista. The juxtaposition of water and sand mixed with the shimmering heat waves is ruined however, by the wafting smell of untreated sewage which permeates everything with the sickening perfume of 20,000 Marines intestinal distress as it festers in the desert heat.

In 1950 the army corps of engineers declared this place unfit for human habitation and abandoned it. USMC Central Command took this as a challenge and moved in. After nearly 7 decades of hard labor and studious industriousness it would seem that the Marines have suceeded in making it worse.

Entertainment can be provided by staring at the sun, eating sand, or sitting in a broken down humvee and contemplating all of the decisions and actions one must have made in a former life to be sentenced to a place such as this. As heatstroke sets in the comfort of death will be kept tantalizingly out of reach and one will wake up with a corpsman's thermometer violating thier rectum as IV fluids are pumped into the veins on thier arm. Release from this torment is not attainable, you will not be allowed to die here.

The local wildlife consists mainly of three legged rabid coyotes, a unique subspecies of desert dwelling meth head that subsists mainly off of scrap metal stolen from ranges, and the desert tortoise. The desert tortoise is highly endangered because its primary mechanism of defense is to piss itself and die. Try not to be too jealous as you watch the dying reptile and realise this place is so horrible its natural fauna's only defense mechanism is suicide.

The chow ranges from bland to terrible, and will be served by only the surliest mentally handicapped individuals that sodexo could locate for hire.

0 stars out of 5. My recruter promised me palm trees, but they all appear to have died in 1960.

You type like a fag

Thats the point retard. Im trying to copy faggy yelp reviews

>120 ft tug boat
>merchant fleet niggers
Glad I didn't go Navy.

No I think you're genuinely a butt hurt little fag e-3 that isn't cut out for the Corps. Do me a favor and fuck off

Serious review of 29 palms:

good:
>Excellent infantry training. Literally everything is a massive range, all live fire. High explosives are as easy to get cleared to train with as most other bases rifle ranges.
>Every other base in the Corps is better, so you get to pretend yours being the worst makes you better than them somehow
>2 hpurs from vegas, sandiego, and LA. Libbo opportunities arent so close, but a lot more of them than a lot of other stations have if youre willing to drive.

Bad:
>Hot. As. Fuck.
>nothing to do locally. Only 2 bars in town, both incredibly shitty dive bars that are usually shoulder room only on weekends.
>nearest real inhabited area is palm springs, which is basically a gated community for boomers and gays
>Comm school is on base so as soon as its friday evening about 5,000 dipshit boots flood what few places to go on base out the doors. Getting a haircut takes 3 hours because there is never not a 40 person long line of privates waiting outside the barbers.
>Smells like shit all the time because some genius decided a 4 acre septic pond should go right in the middle of everything.

I EASed like 3 years ago. Go be motarded somewhere people give a shit.

Fuck you.

>sperging out at someone for talking shit about 29 stumps

look at this idiot. Shit talking 29 palms is basically a corps-wide pastime.

:) still in the suck I take it?

Ayyy ROB reporting in. K-town is nice and ramstein and all its accoutrements is only a 15-20min drive from my house. Nogunz sucks ass though. I miss my AK.

On the bright side the travel, döner kebab, and beer are good.

I had a Mak during my stay. It cost €500 (price was in 2010) with 100 rounds of old soviet ammo. I lucked into meeting the right person who dealt with shady people on the regular and got hooked up. Fortunately I never had to use it and was able to sell it for close to what I bought it for when I went stateside.

You should legit consider staying over there after you get out. I'd move back there if I had the means.

Breddy gud assessment. Also
>welcome to 1BCT
>I hope you didn't want to deploy
Can confirm hospital is shitty. I sat alone in the emergency room with a stick stuck in my ear for an hour and a half and the only thing that happened was that an old black lady in scrubs came in to scold me for tracking in mud. Eventually they moved me back to a different room and left me for 6 hours until I finally wandered out to ask for food, they told me they forgot about me, then told me I could go buy some hospital food.

And don't forget about Montgomery County Shooting Complex, nicest actual range to shoot at around here.

>Welcome to 29, where dreams come to die
Also
>Welcome to the unit, here we make good Marines into shitty Marines and shitty Marines into even shittier Marines. You're here forever and you're never deploying.
And they wonder why so many people are getting into trouble.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Get a load of this faggot

I moved to Fairbanks after I got out of the Marines. I was stationed in 29 Palms so I wanted the exact fucking opposite. It aint bad. Just the usual military town issues (not a big dead, except that thanks to the Army, theres hapless niggers shitting up my white northern land) and then like any larger city in AK, theres disgusting Native vermin scum begging outside the grocery stores.

Why not start a gang and ride around killing eskimo trash in the winter. Just offer their drunk ass a ride home from the bar then drop them 30mi out and take their shoes and coat. Theyll never make it even close to warmth, and nobody is gonna bother investigating a frozen native. Theyll be like "oh he got drunk and got lost, case closed." They normally die like that all the time anyway.

Fuck those stupid cunts. Natives are worse than niggers. At least theyre dying off.

Ft. Richardson was my last duty station I served. My unit was straight garbage tier (TMC). It was a difficult adjustment going from being a line medic to Medcom. Most of the other male medics here were line medics and we hated it there. BUT.....living there was awesome. I never had a point where I was bored off duty. Fishing and hunting lodge sea were free or heavily discounted by the state regulators. During the salmon run it’s so plentiful that you could dip a net in the water and just pull salmon out. Like OP said there was also a big city feel without the big city liberalism. The sole reason I left was because of the distance from the lower 48.

Cops in certain places do this. They call it starlight tours.

Wtf I love cops in certain places now

>The Presidio
>Monterey, CA
>Comfy NorCal weather
>fuggin beautiful nature trails and shit
>joint service so get to hang out with other branches
>affluent area
>lots of interesting things in local area, good food

cons
>Cali gun laws
>Base is built on a hill

Ft Snelling

Pros
>literally nothing
>maybe strip clubs being just a hop, skip, and a jump away

Cons
>everything

I was thrown in as the Aide-de-camp for a few years after the previous was promoted out. Couldn't get shit done due to lack of rank, but made shit happen regardless. After my unit was knocked down a peg, losing the general's postion, Im still slated for the aide position. For another two years after that, I just had to be present and look busy. Then I was shifted over to the 3-shop.

Maybe it was the unit I was that left a bad taste in my mouth and not the local.

tampa
centcom
secret squirrel
you dont have the need to know
next question...

Attached: JPEG_20171228_164514.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

B.R.M. in june and for me it was with a temperature of 113 on qualification day.

Ey, what language?

>Fort Bragg
>weather is shit (90+ with 90+ humidity April-October, spring and fall might as well not exist, winter is short and miserable with no snow but frequent 34* and raining, literal yellow tornados of pine pollen for 2 months, Bradford pear trees smell like rotting fish)
>82nd does their own thing, often in direct violation of standard Army practices and policies, and this regularly gets people hurt/killed
>jumping is painful
>promotions are so fast and deployment dependent that you are guaranteed to have wholly incompetent leadership in both the NCOs and officers
>yuuuuuge focus on PT, if you're not scoring 270+ expect to get shit on regularly. 5-8 mile runs are common, you will run 5-6 days a week for PT even without being on remedial (yes some units hold mandatory Saturday PT for everybody), if you're on remedial you're doing 4+ hours of PT 7 days a week and running long distances 7 days a week, often in boots with a ruck (again, directly against Army policy) so musculoskeletal injury is 100% guaranteed
>crazy deployment optempo, if you're not going to Afghanistan you're going to Africa to "train" the African militaries (I was stationed there 10 years, had 5 combat deployments and 3 training deployments, out of those 10 years I was only physically in NC for 19 months)
>you will go to NTC and JRTC every single year
>Fayetteville/Spring Lake are leeches on society. Populated by tag chasers and niggers. Huge hard-drug problem (coke, crack, meth, acid)
>no in-town entertainment unless you want to fuck a tranny (try not to get caught by CID/catch something you can't get rid of) or watch bums knife each other over a 40 of Old E.
>fishing is good, but no public access land unless you want to go through the red tape to hunt on Bragg proper, which is horribly overcrowded
>traffic is pure shit, if you live off base you NEED to be on the road by 0430 to make first formation even if you can see the gate from your apartment

>Fort Richardson
What Unit?

cold? I just lost 4 guys to heat cats doing simple ass squad live there

You on one of the Polar boats, or at NESU?

Previous:
>Redstone Arsenal, AL
>mountains were gorgeous
>lots of opportunity to hunt/fish/hike
>good gun laws, permissive provost marshal for getting gunz on/off installation
>can set your watch by the afternoon rainstorms May-Oct
>HUMIDITY
>TRADOC and all its bullshit
>positively swarming with officers and warrants because WOFT and NASA Missile Command, if you're in uniform you might as well glue a salute to your cover
>every unit is nondeployable even when not TRADOC
>field was cake and usually pretty fun
>you will literally get arrested for not pulling over to the side of the road, exiting your vehicle, and saluting the (general direction of the) colors for evening retreat, even if you couldn't actually hear the music, if you're on base
>PX is tiny and bullshit, they don't have a commissary, if you need anything not in a travel size you need to make the half-hour drive into the outskirts of Huntsville
>Missile Command compound has tower guards that will track PT formations with live .50's because they're bored, always good for a laugh
>NO FLAT GROUND FUCKING ANYWHERE, you will get very good at running uphill, and you will probably fail the run for your first PT test unless you're coming from Carson even if you were a rockstar previously (I had a guy that could run sub-13's at his previous base fail it twice in a row)

>Comfy NorCal weather

That’s not NorCal. You’re about 100 miles too far south. Ukiah is about the far southern limit of NorCal.

Hebrew, lucky me

*comfy almost-not-really NorCal weather

Dude I did a 6month special assignment there @ soccent. Literally the best time I’ve spent in the mil

I spend my entire AF career at Eielson. Anyone that says they enjoyed being stationed in alaska that isnt a crusty senior NCO that loves to hunt and fish is a liar. It fucking sucks.

>30 minutes outside of Anchorage there is a fuckload to do with the beautiful scenery
lol no there isnt. There's the typical outdoor stuff you can do in plenty of lower 48 states.

>comfy almost-not-really NorCal weather

Better. Remember, NorCal is a red state.

>lol no there isnt. There's the typical outdoor stuff you can do in plenty of lower 48 states.
Found the guy that doesn't like going innawoods.
There are places in Alaska, indeed within 30 minutes of JBER, that very likely have never seen human footsteps. There are very few places like that left in the world.
I'm sorry you expected one of the worst cities in the world to be anything but that.

Fort Drum
Pros
>Almost guaranteed to deploy
>Small post
>Good fishing
Cons
>New York
>Arctic training is the worst
>Lots of alcoholism because what else are you gonna do in the winter
>Lots of shitty leaders who come to get a patch and leave

>Found the guy that doesn't like going innawoods.
Wrong. I love the outdoors. I took this pic last summer during a week like camping trip in the eastern sierras.

>There are places in Alaska, indeed within 30 minutes of JBER, that very likely have never seen human footsteps
No there's not.

Attached: 20170826_111911.jpg (1694x1270, 518K)

>current
Ft. Huachuca, AZ

Pros:
>was born here, many many years ago
>good hunting, great innawoods and innadesert, you have everything from big mountains to flat scrub to no-bullshit desert within a half hour drive
>decent fishing
>great mexican food
>chill optempo
>chill units, no infantry bullshit
>FTX's are short due to weather
>White Sands Missile Range is a normal rotation, that place is cool af
>GOAT gun laws

Cons
>can literally see the Mexican border
>you will have illegals running through the middle of fucking everything--including live-fire ranges, your back yard, your convoy, fucking EVERYTHING
>high violent crime rate, centered on drug traffic
>basically every letter agency is present, everything from the NSA and CIA to CID and BATFE, and they all seemingly have primary jurisdiction
>local cops hate fucking everything, you WILL get an arrest ticket for 1 over and if you're more than 5 over they'll tow your car and leave you sitting on the side of the road
>UXO and drug stashes/grows all over the wilderness
>fucking everything is pointy, poisonous, venomous, or all 3 (3 species of scorpion one of which can be fatal, 3 species of tarantula, 4 species of legit-venomous spiders 1 of which can be fatal, like 10 species of venomous sneks all of which can be fatal, gila monsters, cacti fucking everywhere)
If you go to the field, take a black light and shake out absolutely everything. A bark scorpion sting will have you hospitalized for weeks and they're tiny and blend in really well.

When I was there as a kid they had such a problem with deer in the housing areas they opened up an urban bow season that was 5 months long on post. My very first deer kill was a Cou's Whitetail I shot in the post XO's front yard, when I was 11. His wife came out and helped me field dress it. The problem still exists but libruls have axed all on-cantonment hunting, shooting, etc to the point you can't even play with nerf guns in the housing areas.

>>German food
Garbage

>You should legit consider staying over there after you get out. I'd move back there if I had the means.
Dont. All fun and games until you.decide to stay. You are not a tourist anymore, you will begin at the bottom and this in no Amrican dream country. ftfm.

>You will drive in a convoy to the other side of the state
In the rain, in march and there will be a string of broken down equipment along the freeway for the whole route.

>Kessler AFB
pros:
>the beach is literally two blocks away from the main gate
>good southern food
>casinos everywhere
>D'Iberville to the north and Gulfport to the west have all your big town shopping needs
>Ocean Springs to the east has a suprisingly comfy "not in the middle of bumfuck mississippi" vibe to it- lots of modern coffee shops and small bars
>tempo is pretty chill for non-AETC or medical
>New Orleans is about an hour away
>same for Panama City
>good opportunities to hunt and fish

cons:
>located in the armpit of Mississippi
>hot like a motherfucker 11 months out of the year
>whiskey tango locals with even less common decency than teeth
>the beach is oily with needles in the sand
>medical advisory to avoid going into the water because of a flesh eating bacteria
>two words: Tech. Schoolers.
>fuck AETC
>fuck all the PME students too

If you're not involved in the training side, it's one of the most chill bases in the AF. God help you if you are, though...
if you're a tech schooler, don't even reply to me until you've graduated because your thoughts don't matter.

You will have dust in every crevice of your body, but your run times will literally be a minute faster because of the lack of humidity.

which unit? Sounds familiar.

lol, on a TOW range we did down at YUMA once we were firing TOWs, JAVs, MK19, and .50 downrange and suddenly this band of refugees came skurrying out from behind a berm with thier hands in the air. We got excited at the prospect of live targetry but the CO called ceasefire and made us wait until border patrol could come accept the mexican's surrender.

Dumb spics actually thought WE were border patrol.

>Redstone Arsenal, AL
bruh, did you know they also used to dump chemical weapons into the local river during the cold war?

also the only fun range in the area that is halfway decent is swan creek

>Kbay
PROS:
>It’s Hawaii.
>okay beaches in base
>Kailua is awesome
>Tons of cool things to see, Pearl Harbor, the Arizona memorial etc.
>good night life in Waikiki
>tons of girls so unless you’re a total scrub getting laid is not that hard
>awesome beaches, swimming and hiking.
>good weather most of the time.

CONS:
>macki hall
>chow hall is total trash
>don’t even think about getting a gun out here.
>one gun range on Oahu you can shoot at.
>PTA (experiences May very)
>base is small as fuck
>Good luck finding any kind of parking close to any beach on the weekend.
>we get punished just the same as the Marines in oki when they fuck up.
>super sucky gun laws.

It’s not to bad over all though. Anyone have any experience with Quantico? I’m going there in a few months for MSG.

Attached: 5A5B5300-CE70-4BD1-8AF6-4B8EBDAD73E0.jpg (750x883, 73K)

>No there's not.
The central Chugach range is filled with unnamed mountains with 0 record of climbing attempts. Mt. Marcus Baker gets a lot of love, but you have to do a glacier crossing (or fly in) to get to it. There is a very reasonable chance for someone to stand in a place where no-one has stood before in just that state park. God knows the natives have never done anything back there.
>Eastern Sierras
The PCT is on my list of long walks to do before I'm 40. Any Jow Forums related insight?

i hear that artillery and cannon fire and all kinds of shit all the way out in pembroke. how bad is it on base?

I'm sick of oak harbor dude, but i have a controlling gf who hates everything so i think its just her. We really should do a meetup for WAnons or Oak Harbor brehs, go to cowboy camp out past sedro.

>The central Chugach range is filled with unnamed mountains with 0 record of climbing attempts.
Then those mountains are farther away than 30 minutes, arent they?
>There is a very reasonable chance for someone to stand in a place where no-one has stood before in just that state park.
Highly unlikely. You really underestimate how many people visit that area. You act like Anchorage is super remote like Deadhorse and not the most populated city in the state. When I went to Denali National Park in August of 2002 it was packed with people.
>Any Jow Forums related insight?
Like what? I cant even imagine what youre trying to ask me with this question.

Nellis AFB

Pro:
>it's motherfucking Las Vegas
>training base, so 8 hour days are actually common
>hasguns state
>you can rent an MG 20 minutes from your driveway max
>public land fucking everywhere. Blowing up bottles in the desert for days

Con:
>It's motherfucking Las Vegas
>traffic is abhorrent. Stop and go 75% of the day on the highway
>like most bases, the area within 5+ miles of the base is ghetto
>people hate working here and make sure everyone knows it. People become very jaded here
>we fly everything and base housing is VERY close to the runway. Ever heard a B-1 taking off at 5 in the morning? I have.
>it is physically painful to be in direct sunlight in the summer

Overall 9/10

Attached: received_773849212690775.jpg (439x454, 48K)

Spent some time there with the army hanging out at the JTAC school house. I gotta say, very nice amenities from what I saw but holy shit was it hot. Vegas was cool for a weekend but I'm not a gambling man so the thrill wore off pretty quick. Plus Vegas smelled like shit. Still a nice post, would rather be there.

are you sure you didnt miss something to complain about?

>NAS Lemoore

no no no no no no no no

Oh yeah. I forgot to include the spice factory a mile off the main road that makes everything within 1000 feet smell like a plate of 8 day old steamed broccoli was shoved in your face. You're totally right that this place smells awful.

Gießen, Germany
The Good:
>Alcohol for everybody.
>every weekend seeing Europe.
>four day in Paris.
>four day in Rome.
>four day in Prague.
>BOSS trip to Llorett Del Mar.
>sexy ass european chicks.
>breakfast and head...
>gorgeous spring and fall weather
>mild summer
>euro tits in no bra all summer
>doner at 0300
>glühwein
>christkindlesmarkt in Köln.
>keeping german girlfriend warm all winter
>four day in Amsterdam

The bad:
>piss in cup after four day in Amsterdam
>piss in cup after every four day
>Grafenwohr
>Hohenfels
>privates from deep south driving BMWs next to yours in barracks parking every winter.
>random dui check at gate...
>...at 0605 on a Monday
>pt in the snow
>stepping in barf snow while running pt
>USAEUR

>Savannah/Hinesville
>Low crime

my dude...

Fun fact about the lake: The base is fined for it, but it's easier and cheaper to leave it there than to move it.

MCAGCC29Plums.
Good:
>Unmatched combined arms maneuver training
>Largest live fire combined arms exercise in the DoD
>Plenty of room to fuck off in the desert
>Mountains 1 hour away, Vegas 2 hours away, beach 2 hours away
>Range 230
>Tight as fuck deviations. 15 off that GTL

Bad:
>HOT. Hydrate or get probed
>Wear gloves when you touch metal anything during the summer
>Fuckin spiders and snakes
>House was broken into twice. Fucking methheads everywhere.
>Town is shit, but the mcdonalds is good.
>Fucking shit desert. Sand and dirt everywhere. Constantly dusting.
>Hate the marines from buying it from the army.

NAB Coronado
Good:
>It's fucking Coronado.
>Seeing hot rich babes during off base runs in your faggy blue and yellow pt gear
>Small base, small commands
>See BUDs students hazed on the beach

Bad:
>Its in California, so shit gun laws, shit people, shit traffic

Coronado is actually legit. My complaints were with the command, not the base.

Georgia was a mistake.

Attached: Sherman-Full-Length.jpg (344x480, 46K)

All of what you said is true and I hated Keesler for the most part but it is shiny in comparison to where i am now.
And to say it again:
>Fuck AETC