Securing A trailer

Hi there Jow Forums, figured this was more your speed than other boards.

Let's assume you're looking to secure a double wide trailer in a rural location, with a single road in/out from the location. Let's also assume low-cost measures (door alarms inside, planting cacti beneath windows) have been taken.

What other methods or means could be used to secure a trailer from break in, SHTF, urban revolt etc? It's something I've been discussing with a friend, who expresses concern over thin walls and more. I figured it would be an interesting thought exercise if nothing else.

Pic related, though not the trailer in question.

Attached: download.jpg (283x178, 8K)

>What other methods or means could be used to secure a trailer from break in, SHTF, urban revolt etc?
building a real house that isnt made of particle board and plastic.
if a SHTF situation occurs looters will just lightly push through your walls and have at your gentle anus.

Sentries or ambushes along the road sandbagging the walls, maybe a position on the roof. Maybe just write the whole thing off as indefensible and set up in nearby concealment to jump anyone who tries to get in if you'd like.

nothing short of installing a virtual rollcage of internal steel supports to mount armor paneling on that gives you a steel shell. At that point, you might as well start from scratch. If we are being realistic, reinforcing the window frames so you can mount bars that can't simple be ripped off with a gentle pull and same with your door frame. That would be the bare minimum and it probably wouldn't keep somebody out for long if they really wanted in there, best you can hope for is being a slightly less attractive target than your neighbor

Chains to hold the roof on in a storm.

Dogs

Attached: rabid.jpg (640x409, 32K)

I live in a trailer. Nothing can be done, save for digging down from the crawlspace and making a tunnel system. I want to do that at my house. Would be interesting if the landlord found out somehow.

>renting a trailer
How do you fuck up life that bad?

SHTF build a camouflaged foxhole/trench shelter to live in and use the trailer as bait.

You have a few options but a trailer is not a place to hold out in SHTF.

If you use it for quartering, that is fine. But as other snobs have said it will require sentry patrol further up the entrance.

You can add interior steel plates.
You can add sandbags.
You can secure windows with bars.
You can add a floor hatch under a bed or rug that leads to an actual underground shelter.

But a trailer under siege would not last very long. At all.

>snobs
I meant anons

sandbags, and metal plates?

>electrified moat
>alligator pit
>trap door dildo dungeon

Live in a boxcar cabin instead.

trailers are self securing as any sane human would not want to incur the wrath of the red-necked creature dwelling within
youll be fine opie

When was the last time you had a dog that didn't hide and cry during a thunderstorm.
Yes dogs. Im sure you even get scared when they bark.
Dogs let the warriors know when its time to fight, they don't fight for their masters.

Attached: 1520876025919.jpg (720x1280, 259K)

cue the greentext about the naked redneck with the NPAP and the clowners

>Fill the chimney with barbed wire
Fuck those Santa Commandos, eh?

Given that sweeps used to use children to dislodge soot build-ups, and that child soldiers exist...

Okay so you'd do this for a SHTF scenario right?
But if SHTF then how would you get the supplies or have the time to set this up.
Would you have to have a fort before anything happens, why would anyone ruin their house to do this if its not even certain?
Would you try to rent or find another place to do it?
I just want to know the thought process of all this. Just seems like you need a lot of friends or a lot of money.

>confirmed no dogz

>>renting a trailer
>How do you fuck up life that bad?
Not him, but I'll bite. I don't make as much as my parents or grandparents do. I'm a welder for an oil supply company, so I'm not working at McD's, but I've got two (used) cars, a pregnant wife, life insurance, health insurance, and I'm trying to put away money in a Roth IRA for my kids college. A single wide in a non-shitty part of town is $800/mo., which is all I can afford. Once I've saved enough, we plan to purchase land of our own and build a place, but until then it's sucky.

No expert here, but I do have basic reading comprehension down pat. His image appears to be designed as a fun little explanatory infographic for how a a formal military unit could reinforce an average home if the need arose.

college is worthless now, doubly so when your kid will theoretically need it. Buy something worthwhile

Underrated

was the baby on purpose? If not, kick her down the stairs and move to a regular apartment nerd.

What exactly is the difference in quality between one of these and a normal weatherboard house of similar design? They don't look that bad to me, from that picture at least, but I'm not American.

user, you really can't. A shitload of sand bags or hescos is about all you can do for the trailer, itself. What you should be concentrating on are layers of defense. Concentric rings from your trailer, out to the end of your area. Cameras. Trip wire/alarms. Etc. You want to see them before they see you, and engage them out there. The further out, the better. Distance is your friend.

>college is worthless now, doubly so when your kid will theoretically need it. Buy something worthwhile
I agree with that; my degree was in Communications... not exactly welding.

Yes, we planned on children when got married and no, I won't kick out my conservative blonde waifu who I've known and loved since I was in Middle School. Being a life partner means shouldering the responsibility of raising children, and it's honestly something I look forward to since I miss having my younger siblings around.

This, except I don't think it's possible to reinforce the doors or windows that way.
Most trailers are extremely flimsy.

You'd think at your IQ level natural selection would have weeded you out a while ago.

It really just depends. Some of them can get pretty large I've only stayed in them during nicer/hot weather not winter. Around the size of an apartment, a little more space between you and neighbors than one of those though. Sometimes you can fit a washer and dryer in them and still have 3 rooms left over.

An actual house is going to have some studs and reinforcement stuff running through it. Generally trailers are enough to keep themselves up if it's not too windy.

have a bunker built underneath, or a moat and minefield.

hurricane straps.

>trailer thread
>post pictures of a house on piles
why are yanks so rarted when it comes to houses?

Attached: OH-Assist-person-falling-from-ladder.jpg (384x336, 18K)

only 1 solution
>2000lbs of explosives in trailer
>explosives in every crevice
>no room for normal life
then add a motion sensor trigger. if a light wind even jiggles the trailer it goes.
Now enjoy your trailer in peace knowing you will never be fucked with

You don't. Trailers are shit for defending (as is most residential construction but I digress). The best you can do is make a "panic room" out of sandbags or dig a bunker out underneath but this is mostly a waste of time.

Instead, what you should do is not fortify the house itself but create a defense in depth plan. Build multiple barbwire fences with no-mans lands in between filled with dense brush or mesquite around the perimeter and section off the property into multiple large pens. Dig a shallow sloping trench around the perimeter that will prevent most vehicles from driving through. Set up a CCTV camera system that can watch the perimeter (especially blindspots) and hand out radios to everyone. Make gates in the outer fence look undefended but create unassuming fighting positions (perhaps a utility shed with a gun port with some sandbags) that cover them. Gates inside the inner pens should have good locks and be located near cover such as utility buildings. Create potential checkpoints with limited physical access but good cover and visibility at each chokepoint that is easy to fallback from to another checkpoint. Also if possible lots of tripwires for blanks, flares, or explosives outside the perimeter.

Basically, the idea is to frustrate, delay, and kill through attrition. Rather than making good fortifications that can stand up to determined assault you want to funnel the enemy into killzones based on what appears convenient to them and then retreat back to another killzone when they start to advance.

Best option? Put it on pontoons and float down the river if people start coming. House boats are better for SHTF than trailers.

Put it on 40 ft concrete stilts. Pour boiling oil on invaders.

A cousin in Florida has a house like picrelated but innaswamp. No murder holes but he does have a chainsaw.

Attached: beach-style-exterior.jpg (640x424, 109K)

Landmines

People with these kinds of houses don't get too attached to their cars then?

You do know that these houses are transported on trailers right?

This
Or just try to make Cu Chi look like a fucking joke

I'd be worried about the wind in something like that, personally.

Also, wouldn't heating it in winter be a huge bitch?

those are a south florida thing. its snows once a generation down there.

>t. central Floridafag

>security cameras to watch from the outside
This is useful because you could just shoot through your walls. You'll know where they are, but noce vice versa.
>line the wall with metal bars
If someone gets tired of kicking at your reinforced door then they'll probably try taking an axe or hammer to your wall, and making a new entrance. You can't really stop them from breaking a hole in the wall, but you can make it so their disgusting looter body doesn't fit inside.
>trapdoor leading to underneath the trailer
It might not be practical to install. But if you see a giant mob coming towards you, you'll be better off hiding or running. If you run then there's a good chance that they'll ignore you to break into your house.

A sniper nest from far away might be good too. You could shoot them if you know they're coming, or you're not in your house when they arrive. They aren't going to fiddle with your locks if there's someone fucking shooting at them.

>What other methods or means could be used to secure a trailer from break in, SHTF, urban revolt etc?
Pig iron & sand bags.

PunjI sticks

I bought the trailer cash in hand. But the land it's on is in a park. Park rent is $450 a month which is leagues better than any apartment of any size where I live. Plus, I've updated and fixed the trailer up since I moved. I'll be making any rent I pay back when I sell the place for higher than I bought it. I also won't be staying there long. It's a temporary solution and an investment.

Plenty of similar houses are in the Mississippi River region around Illinois and Missouri. Usually they're just summer fishing cabins so probably just shut off water and drain the pipes for winter.

Good for you Jow Forumsunt. And fuck the haters. They don’t understand the benefits of saving money. I’m a rich fag but I live in a roachy shitybox to save expenses so that I can retire early. I kekkle at my friends who spend quintuple what I do on a place they only sleep in. Anybody who looks down on the thrifty is a brainwashed consumption faggot.

DIRT BERM, also potentially useful to counteract a flood.

The idea of using trailers and now manufactured homes is that if you own land, you can save a few hundred, close to a grand in some areas, by using it as a a temporary living area until you saved enough money until you built a house. It was something a person with only a high school education can afford while still saving money for a house (i.e. $200-$300 per month for mortgage). And unlike an apartment, the money you used towards the trailer isn't wasted in that you'll still own the trailer afterwards. Unfortunately you also have a bunch of lazy ass rednecks that don't give a shit about anything and not taking care of it living in it, too, giving the stereotype of "trailer trash". Also many people where I lived placed a lot of importance on land, so using the money saved to buy a few acres of land every year was more significant than living in a nicer house.

T. Former Tennessean

You'd be better off with pic related but I'll bite
Hurricane straps are your friend with mobile homes, dogs or any animal that can aleart you to incase of an intruder, armor the shit out of it, leave no flammable surface (other than the wheels) exposed even then see

Attached: IMG_1213.jpg (1200x908, 159K)

Dogs, motion lights, roof access, spotlights, guns. Roof access. Inside cage around doors with second door coke dealer style. Fire fighting supplies w/drills. Uparmored fighting positions (sand bags, target steel), window bars. Dont armor whole house just the good spots with angles. Roof access. Perimeter fence 10-15 feet around trailer, front and back gates. Dirt berms, large rocks or steel tank traps in bushes to stop 4 x 4 advance to make choke points. Roof access.
Bonus points for Bobcat mini killdozer.
Did I mention roof access? HIGHGROUND!

buy a house made of brick

Alright jesus christ really? At that point you might as well just electrify the doorway with a booby trap. You're going to get sued just the same if you shot them. Just make sure it's a big enough shock to kill them and have some money saved up to pay off their family.

Attached: can opener.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

I didnt say anything about air gap capacitors made out of 5 gal. buckets and tin foil.

Prefab homes (like OPs pic) have been built using standard construction for like 20 years. They're as secure as any other stick built house.

Fence and a dog.

Modern prefabs, so post 2000? Literally none. Major differences will be subfloor and roof design, but they are still built using standard stud construction, standard doors, windows, wiring, etc. It's just that they're prefab'd off site and trucked. Hell, a lot of stick built houses now are made of prefab'd framing and trusses that are trucked in and assembled on site. Only real difference is that instead of sitting right on a foundation, it's a raised foundation (so kinda like a fuck huge steel deck) that the house then goes on.

Basically prefab (or modular) homes have a shitty reputation that doesn't really apply anymore. I got one to put on the acreage I have in the mountains, it's a neat little 700 sq ft cabin type thing that was only $20k delivered.

A trailer isn't a prefab/manufacturered home and being in construction I wish people would fucking learn the difference holy shit.

>a fucking trailer
>non-shitty part of town

Attached: welles[1].jpg (668x400, 57K)

My buddy dropped on one 40 acres he bought, it was trucked in in 3 parts. Shit is fucking 2600 sq ft assembled.

I knew a guy that lived in a camper, that he towed around with a van, and towed a car behind the trailer. he'd work somewhere for a while, drive the car around, go on welfare, get a new job eventually then tow the camper and repeat.

Attached: ab60512221c93372ef8ce93d7e9fcf09.jpg (1211x792, 104K)

OP did specifically say "SHTF, urban revolt" type fortifications. My favorite is a 360 rock garden with an industrial sprinkler system. Then use remote operated flamethrower turrets. No law says you cant automate farming equipment. You can argue safety measures have been taken for your "weed burner" property managment system. I hate weeds in my rocks.

Idk man, I'm in the process of buying a starter home and trailers don't seem that bad. Doublewides are nice, pretty big, and you can place them in the middle of nowhere with little issue.

Still getting a home though. Holds it value better.

When my parents die I'm going to sell their house and land(thinking 700k+) and im just gonna buy some shitty land somewhere, put a double wide on it and drink and play with my guns. even though im a loser piece of shit, my dad hates my sister even more and made me executor. i'm literally splitting 99.5-.5 with her.

Attached: 988696869.jpg (1000x563, 245K)

>drink and play with my guns
>drink and play with my guns
Living the dream.

Attached: 1519967047516.png (798x414, 272K)

Attached: 1513916959997.png (745x1173, 103K)