Jow Forums rifle choice

After lurking on Jow Forums for years, and a recent interest in weapons, why does Jow Forums prefer rifles such as the FAL and SKS? Why them in particular? And why are other rifles, such as the AR's and M14's disliked here? Just curious.

Attached: c4ad1f5db674654ab03d17630d12baf1c41e3abec6aeb7df69197d94c75edf1f_1.jpg (712x820, 59K)

If you've been lurking for years then why is it a question?

Because Jow Forums is a bunch of meta loving hipster faggot that cant accept that their outdated platforms compare like shit to new age rifle platforms.

you're like a beta and autistic James Yeager. The SKS is on par and superior in many ways to any modern ""platform""

>muh ayy arr is the bestest weapons platform

Please die.

Maybe in a military context.

Yeah that must be why every major western military gets it's shit pushed in by subhumans using rifles designed 70 years ago.

>on par and superior in many ways
I'd say this is bait but people on Jow Forums tend to be this stupid

Attached: cantcuckthetuck.png (194x299, 83K)

>outdated shit round that overpenetrates through walls and is too fat and slow to pierce armor
>World War 1/2 stripper clip magazine system not designed for being readily detachable
>costs the same as a basic bitch AR
What'd you say again?

This doesn't happen. Insurgents are slaughtered in disproportionately higher numbers. Most casualties inflcted on the modern military happens during occupation and is done with improvised explosive devices. It's not like most small arms today used by the military are particularly new creations, either, with the M16 being adopted in what, 1963? Most other "modern" military rifles are almost entirely based on the AR18 operating system.

While I'm well aware that the majority of people on Jow Forums are MEPS dropouts and children, for some reason I still feel the need to inform you of how incorrect you are. Overall, sure. We kill more of them. We also have air support and an entire support infastructure. They don't. When it comes down to infantry only engagements, they tend to win. My unit did regular patrols in a very shitty area, and we were often without support. We got fucked up for the first 6 months we were there. Eventually, we got tired of 5.55 just poking tiny holes in sandpeople, and traded some cops a bunch of MRE's for a few AK's. The guys with the AK's in my squad did all the killing. The rest of us just suppressed. I'd take an AK over an AR any day.

Bullshit

>new age rifle platform
gayest shit I've read in awhile

Attached: 1524956317845.png (1296x1458, 217K)

Please enlighten me with your extensive real world combat experience. Better be quick though, the bell's going to ring soon. Don't want to miss the bus Timmy.

>38299436
Oh ok I fell for a troll/summer thread

Post MOS, service number and time of deployment.

19D, lol no, and 2004

>why does Jow Forums prefer rifles such as the FAL and SKS

Attached: 1529216133206.png (249x254, 81K)

Nigga it's 6PM the fuck? lmao.

I don't need combat experience to know M43 isn't going to outperform M855.

>time zones don't exist

wew

No one said that they didn't.

Did i miss the sks train, are they too expensive now

Get shot by both for me and let me know what you think then.

Unless you live in Canada probably. Milsurp isn't the poorfag standard anymore, even nuggets are gonna cost you. The golden standard for babs first rifle is now the AR15.

You're confusing "shit pushed in" with "politically necessary rules of engagement",

If a population doesn't want you there and are willing to die for it, you're options are kill most of them , or come up with some bullshit cover to pull out with

Obviously the first option isn't acceptable to a first world population

Fuck

That's boring as shit, guess ill stick to babbies first handguns

Ok retard.

Lmao, stop.

t. neverserved

>why does Jow Forums prefer rifles such as the FAL and SKS? Why them in particular? And why are other rifles, such as the AR's and M14's disliked here?
Your premise is flawed user. None of these rifles are disliked by Jow Forums as a whole. We aren't one person. However, there are cultural explanations for the observations you've made.

The SKS is an old school Jow Forums meme, it's even on our patch. At one time it was very cheap and represented incredible value to recreational shooters. Average Jow Forumsommando is young and thus poor. The cost has risen and the value diminished but the memes remain.

The FAL is a cold war staple, symbol of anticommunism, ties into Jow Forums's Rhodie fantasies and is a dead sexy battle rifle.

The AR15 isn't really hated. Something to note is that a decent AR used to be quite pricey. This made them unavailable to many Jow Forumsommandos. Remember, poor. Slavshit surplus is the youth counter culture here. AR's really are excellent though and have come down in price. Also, forgottenweapons and IV8888 published some videos demonstrating how reliable they are and the hate for them dropped off.

M1A's are the victims of their own hype. They deserve to be looked at with the same fondness and appreciation as the FAL. Unfortunately boomer memes make them out to be super .01" grouping sniper machines that would WIN OUR WARS IF IT WASN'T FOR OBAMA. They are not that. Awesome old battle rifles. Still very expensive and so relatively few Jow Forumsommandos own one.

In short, much of your question can be amswered by the fact that most of this board is

By all means, rely on an inferior caliber. It's your life. Go ahead and cc .380 handguns while you're at it.

You're funny.

>SKS is on par and superior in many ways to any modern ""platform""
I own two ruskies and used to have a type 56

You're wrong.

By all means, continue to pretend that you and your army buddies were only able to wipe the floor against goatfuckers when you reached level 70 and unlocked AK's

Everyone here hates guns.

Thanks for proving to me that you're a child. Please return to cawadooty now youngling.

this is a good post

Please stop.

8d, 2sides +4 fire dmg

Funny, we thought the same about you

>we

SAD

>FAL's have good aesthetics
>the SKS is a popular gun in Canada because of reasons

>AR's are cliche and people who bash on other rifles are obsessed with this gun because any idiot with $350 can buy this from a PSA kit
>M14s is a historical illustration of American elitism (however, they are a really cool weapons)

Attached: 1514961532792.png (800x850, 135K)

Holy shit. Thank you for a relevant post.

So far this entire thread has been some guy talking about his experiences of why he thinks AK's are better than AR's and a few people having an autistic breakdown about it.

Thank you, user. Glad to help.

Attached: 1527711511733.jpg (980x752, 167K)

Very concise, good post user.

Attached: 1493619623818.png (234x448, 19K)

OP here. Thanks for the clarification. The only comment here that actually answered my question . . .

Fuck outa here with your ancient slav shitbox.