Wanting to get an M1 Carbine, chambered in .30 Carbine, hopefully with a folding/paratrooper stock...

Wanting to get an M1 Carbine, chambered in .30 Carbine, hopefully with a folding/paratrooper stock, so which reproductions are best and which are best to avoid? Are the 30rd mags worth it or just stick with the 15rd mag? Which stock is the comfiest (underfolder, original wooden, etc)? Thanks in advance.

Attached: zaku_ii_char_custom.jpg (600x600, 35K)

no repos only original

Bump

unless youre rich get an inland, ohio ordinance is trash

The original folding stocks are some of the worst folding stocks ever made. Period. Unless you are a reenactor who needs historical accuracy avoid folding stocks.

Honestly at this point look for an original at auctions and gun shows, all the repros that cost less than originals are usually worse.

Literally the worst folding stock ever made

FAGPUL would make a killing if they made a M1 carbine chassis that took AK furniture

Right now the originals aren't much more expensive than the repro's. As for magazines the 30rnd mags aren't bad, however you need to make sure that your rifle has the right magazine catch or else you will have feeding issues with a full magazine. Also I don't know how familiar you are with older semi-auto rifles, but you will need to properly grease the rifle occasionally or you will have issues with it. Overall the M1 carbine is a fun little gun and I hope you enjoy it.

>Ohio is trash
ftf

I never got the appeal of the M1 carbine, the the cartridge is what just a big pistol round? There's no real unique action to it, they're butt ugly, all I can guess is people really wanting something WW2

>AK furniture on an M1 carbine
Communist heresy truly knows no bounds.

Can't account for shit taste. The M1 Carbine was as ubiquitous as the modern AR15 once upon a time.

Light and handy for the time it was made, punchy enough for most things, kinda neat action. It's just a good gun.

Whats a good price on an original?

How are the ballistics on .30 carbine? would it be kind of similar to a 9mm PCC?

Much better than a 9mm pcc.

Fulton arms or original GI.
No other options m8.

>9x19 vs 7.62x33

>9x39 or 7.62x54
*ftfy

Attached: 1495132626002.jpg (1268x900, 938K)

it's closer to .357 magnum out of a rifled barrel.

I got a repro from Sarco and its pretty good, wood is fantastic looking but the welds on the stock itself could have been better

Original stock is pretty comfy. Folder is squarely ok.

Attached: 20180314_115705.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)